DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blue&Green Disney Week: Disney Mafia - Congrats to the mafia team

LilyElizabeth

To be fair, I WAS confused. Even on the Mafia QT, all I could do most of the time was ask questions.

I really am a noob, Alanna. *Grins* But I'm meta gaming (Did I use that correctly???)

Anyway... just so ya know, I usually am not around much on weekends. So, don't think I'm scummy for not doing much on weekends. Just a heads up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Min. Stop screaming about me. I wasn't the one who blamed you. I haven't EVER blamed you for it. So if you go back and read carefully you'll see it was ED who screamed foul. Not me.

And a treestump doesn't do much. He's a townie that hangs around until he says he's a treestump after which he can't vote or be killed or anything. It's quite a strange role, which is why I love it. I'm not a treestump tho. Nor am I scum. Feel free, finder dood, to check me out. I AM NOT ANTI TOWN! *nods* If there's a lie detector, I volunteer to go first. *nods*

This kind of grabbed me when I read it. Seems to be covering all his bases, when no one has really put any pressure on him at all. In fact the whole thing has been about Talm, not him. And yet he comes up with that. Seems very odd to me..

Boopsy.. I do think I'm not alone when I say that you no longer qualify to claim the noob thing.  Intermediate maybe but you are no noob.

I'm another that is incredibly against and tired of the day one reveals that have happened in nearly every game the last few months.  *looks pointedly at Pete*

*smiles innocently and bats eyelashes*

can i still claim my noobness

Millon - metagamming is where a player uses info gathered from other games to try and determine if a player is scum or not.

for example.  lily has been mafia 9 games out of the last 10, a person using metagamming would vote for her because of this and claim she is scum.

metagamming is always used, once you start playign games regularly and with the same group of people you start to notice tendancys and metagamming happens on a subconcious level, which is fine.

however alot of people, myself included, believe its rather cruel to lead a lynch on someone only relying on metagamming as evidence.

Boopsy.. I do think I'm not alone when I say that you no longer qualify to claim the noob thing.  Intermediate maybe but you are no noob.

I'm another that is incredibly against and tired of the day one reveals that have happened in nearly every game the last few months.  *looks pointedly at Pete*

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd consider only a few months under their belt as still being new.  Being new doesn't mean being bad, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie.

But a lot of the people that state "In my experience" aren't really relying on much experience to make statements like that.  ;)  So take it with a bucket of salt....all part of mafia.

I still find it interesting no one has removed any votes on Talmanes, but me. *Has stupid Peter Pan "You Can Fly" song stuck in my head. Nothing to do with the game. We are getting stuff ready for one of our Make-A-Wish kids and Hubby wanted the words, "All you need is faith and trust and a bit of pixie dust". Luckily I knew it for him.

I have not removed my vote because Tal is the main person still pinging my radar, and it seems there are are several people who talk about how we shouldn't vote for him since he is not here. I am still waiting till I see more concrete evidence to vote for some one else.

Verb.. in this instance "new" and "noob" aren't the same.  Boopsy claims noob as if he doesn't know anything about the game and is lost.  That's why I used intermediate.  He knows enough to keep his head above the water and make some good moves but is still unsure in some areas and the like.  Also.. I think he HAS been playing more than 2 months.  There have been a plethora of mafia games in the various orgs since well before christmas.  We have only recently prodded those people towards the org games area.

Red.. you are hardly a noob either dear.  Noob is 5/10 games or less after that we will call it intermediate.(I don't care what you say Verb)  That stage it starts to determine how you grow in the game.  Tigs is a good example... for awhile she lurked most of the game and didn't contribute too much.. I was like that starting out too.. the whole thing intimidated me. Now DPR asks me to critique his game play when the game is over and we discuss strategies and all.  Tigs is starting to coming into her own and speaking out and making some very good posts and really kicking it up a notch.  Red as well.. she's starting to become a dangerous player.

awe nae,  :-* thanks  *grins as her ego is stroked*

millon, some of it stems from lynching a player who cant defend theirselves.  in Lily's first game *pats boopsy on the shoulder*  the town lynched a frozen player.

he ended up being innocent and had to watch defenslessly as he was targeted and persued.  it was utterly traumatic and left a bad taste in my mouth about lynching a player who can't defend theirself when i haven't seen anything that really points to them as scum.

hhmmmmm...now there's an angle I didn't see. A lot of defense for a person who will not be here. He's of no use on LOA so nix the dead wood. 50/50 chance he's scum, so why wait on an opportunity.

The odds would never be 50/50 this early in a game. usually there are a quarter of the players would be scum (mafia). If any more then there needs to be things to help the townies, because they have a harder job than the mafia. (in most games)

I've seen people who play the first time and are instantly good players, they have a knack for it. some take longer. I don't think boopsy is a noob at all, at least i wouldn't class him as one. It used to be that you were a noob if you had been in less than 3 games, so I think there are very few of those left :D

Anyway back to the game. I think Boopsy is Mafia, so on that I will [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]boopsy[/glow] for information I stated why i thought he was on my last post...go read :P

I'm not really buying the noob thing neither!

LOL, i'm a newb/noob. I wont change my vote because I'm still trying to figure things out this early in the game so yeah. I mean, its still day 1 and usually day 1 is random lynching someone who might be mafia or not or having the Lily modkill someone. So i'll stick with my vote.

Dah and Cairos neither one of you are noobs either.  I remember the heroes games.. even if Verb and Sammy are the only other ones (I think) that also were on MJ for them.

and Dah!!!!  I love you!!! (You are tigger!!)

Archived