DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

I have just finished reading Mistborn 2 this minute. Brilliant ending, full of action. And a great twist. BUT

Elend becomes a Mistborn, hmmmmmmm, not too sure about that. I thought 1 of the biggest reasons his and Vins relationship is so good is because of their differences, the fact that shes a Mistborn, well shes THE Mistborn and he didnt have any powers. Well I shall see how it pans out

I am 550 pages into Mistborn book 2, and while I don't think it's as a good as Book 1 it's still very good. Allomancy rocks!! 1 of my fave magic systems if not my fave

Just read the part where Vin and Zane kill 300 soldiers in 10 minutes, AMAZING!!! But I do miss Kelsier, thought he was great.

Book 2 gets very interesting at the end, and I'll be curious to hear what you think of Book 3 (which was my personal favorite). It moves a little slowly here and there, but it's all worth it for the finale.

If you liked that scene with Vin and Zane, then you're going to love some of the parts coming up too!

I am 100 pages into Mistborn 3 and I wouldnt normally comment on a book after 100 pages but I just have to say poor, poor Sazed

The mans lost his love, and his meaning to life, and hes 1 of my fave characters in the series

I am 550 pages into Mistborn book 2, and while I don't think it's as a good as Book 1 it's still very good. Allomancy rocks!! 1 of my fave magic systems if not my fave

Just read the part where Vin and Zane kill 300 soldiers in 10 minutes, AMAZING!!! But I do miss Kelsier, thought he was great.

Book 2 gets very interesting at the end, and I'll be curious to hear what you think of Book 3 (which was my personal favorite). It moves a little slowly here and there, but it's all worth it for the finale.

If you liked that scene with Vin and Zane, then you're going to love some of the parts coming up too!

I am 100 pages into Mistborn 3 and I wouldnt normally comment on a book after 100 pages but I just have to say poor, poor Sazed

The mans lost his love, and his meaning to life, and hes 1 of my fave characters in the series

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of Sazed's story arc in Book 3 is him losing his faith and basically just feeling miserable. It's pretty sad. When I read book 3, I was surprised by how much screen time Spook got; he really becomes a main character in this book.

In response to many people naming The Count of Monte Cristo as current book read, just read, or best book ever: Anyone else besides myself find the movie adaptation to have been far better than the book? I cant think of many movies that are better than the book. But the movie makes considerable changes to the story, which are splendid. One of my favorite movies ever. Book would be in top 10 list.

As to what Im reading: I've read the first 4 books of Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones series). I read the first half of Game of Thrones MANY MANY MANY years ago, and when I saw it on HBO(I didnt see the title of what I was watching, just flipped it ON) it seemed very familiar. This lead me to love the entire HBO series and to reread the first book and finish the next 3. I havent bought the 5th one because its only in hard back around here and it was like 35 bux and Books a Millions which is too much to spend on a book, Im poor.

Reading Book 11 of WoT, after a many year break from the series.

Let's see.

Currently I'm on Hitler's Pope. Last week was The Greatest Battle: Battle for Moscow. Next Lion of Liberty (about Patrick Henry) and than Polk (the president that is). I guess you get the point I'm on the history genre right now rolleyes.gif

On fantasy side though, recently read Kingkiller Chronicles and liked it very, very much. Also, Assassin's Apprentice trilogy which was pretty good too.

oh, I lied a little too...i don't read (not time) so GO AUDIOBOOKS! rolleyes.gif

Bakker's Judgine Eye reread is on hold. Just picked up "The Cold Commands" by Richard Morgan, loved the first one in this series and this is starting of ace too.

Morgan's an author I have tremendous respect for. I own most of his sci-fi novels, but have never read his foray into fantasy. I need to get on that...

Yeah, if you haven't read his other books, and enjoy gritty science fiction, you should definitely give them a shot.

Just finished the Mist Born series. It probably won't make it into my annual reread cycle but it was a good read.

Just started the Malazan series, I'm about 150 pages into book one and while I'm still interested, I really have no idea what is happening. Hopefully the story will start to congeal soon.

Bakker's Judgine Eye reread is on hold. Just picked up "The Cold Commands" by Richard Morgan, loved the first one in this series and this is starting of ace too.

Morgan's an author I have tremendous respect for. I own most of his sci-fi novels, but have never read his foray into fantasy. I need to get on that...

Yeah, if you haven't read his other books, and enjoy gritty science fiction, you should definitely give them a shot.

Halfway through and I highly recommend "The Cold Commands" to everyone on the boards. This series that started out very strong is just getting better...