DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

Read Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Got it free on Kindle to test the ereader out. Funny how I've never read so many of the classics. Found out that many of them are available free so now I have a ton of stuff to read tha I probably should have read years ago. Plus I was able to pick up some favorites like A tale of Two Cities.

Purchased the first 5 WOT books as well. Will come in handy when it's time for my reread of the series.

Now reading The Measure of the Magic by Terry Brooks. It is the latest Shannara title.

Finished The Measure of the Magic by Terry Brooks, and The Time Machine by HG Wells. Kind of getting into the classics all of a sudden. Might try The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane next. Or maybe stay with wells and read The Invisible Man or War of the Worlds.

I did just order the omnibus editions (4 of them) of the Black Company. Should arrive Saturday so I don't want to start anything too intense before then.

Lets see, right now im reading The Great Hunt. Once I finish the series again I plan on reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien. After that I might go back and reread Game of Thrones by R.R. Martin. After that I really have no idea, but this should be enough to last awhile.

Just finished: The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver

Currently reading: The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker

Top few of my "To Be Read" stack:

* Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson

* Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher

* Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

* The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Completed The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane and The Black Company by Glen Cook.

Wasn't sure what I was getting with the Crane book. I liked it. Don't think I've ever read anything based on events during the civil war. Interesting look at the thoughts of one man during brutal battle.

The first Black Company book was pretty good. Can definitely see where Cook influenced Erikson when he wrote The Malazan books. Erikson puts in a lot more detail and developed his characters more thourouhly but that may be the difference in perspective as well. The BC is a first person narrative so it's more a retelling of events from that one mans experiences. Guess that doesn't really lend well to in depth growth of other characters.

On to Shadows Linger the second book about the Black Company.

Just finished reading the entire Paksenarrion series (Including the new newly released ones) by Elizabeth Moon, and it was.. Well, I think my favorite series might have shifted towards it and away from The Wheel of Time :ohmy:

Going to be reading either Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix or Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson next.

Edited by RyanG

Drowning in a sea of litcrit and Flannery O'Connor's bleak vision of humanity so I need something to keep me sane.

When I can't regularly read or devote myself to a full length work, I keep a few poetry anthologies handy. Tonight, I read a bit from Word Exchange, a collection of contempory translations of Anglo-Saxon poetry. I'm also reading a lot of Hilda Doolittle's poetry. She's... I don't know. An Imagist poet, slightly modern, immensely Classical and unfortunately dead. I feel like I'm reading the intensely private thoughts of some forest dryad and I'm not sure I can face the world of textbooks and bleeting cell phones in the morning.

Alas. I stand no chance.

the ship who won: anne mccaffrey

code talker: chester nez

nearly done with code talker so i started the ship who won for something i can read to waste time waiting while not at home. code talker is a sort of biography about a ww2 code talker, and the ship who won, which i have read before several years ago is a part of mccaffrey's brain/brawn series of books.

Edited by Testy al'Carr

Check out The Legend Of Drizzt series by Ra Salvatore.... 2nd fav two WOT......[my name]

heh, have you read the most recent one where neverwinter gets destroyed by a volcano? its supposed to be a prequel to the next neverwinter game. its not part of the legend of drizzt books i think, but he is one of the primary characters.

Completed Shadows Linger by Glen Cook. On to The White Rose. Also began reading The Wonderful Wizard of OZ by L. Frank Baum. Reading that to my daughter now though she doesn't pay any where ner as much attention as my wife does. Never new there were so many OZ books. I think I downloaded 12 to my ereader.

Finished The Darkness That Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker... just started Gardens of the Moon. I have a lot of "book 1"s on my to be read pile right now, will probably confuse myself when I get around to picking up the continuations. Hah!

Finished The Darkness That Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker... just started Gardens of the Moon. I have a lot of "book 1"s on my to be read pile right now, will probably confuse myself when I get around to picking up the continuations. Hah!

Hey Songstress, glad to hear you gave Bakker a shot. What did you think?

Hey Songstress, glad to hear you gave Bakker a shot. What did you think?

Slow getting into it... I was actually a bit baffled for the first few chapters... but once I got a feel for the world and the characters, it was really good. When Kellhus started meeting up with the other storylines, I really got into it. Book 2 currently on my wish list, but I have a large pile to be read at the moment so I won't be shelling out money for it just yet.