DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

Finished Bleak Seasons. Kind of an abrupt ending. Starting She Is the Darkness next. I'll probably finish up the with the other Black Company books before moving on as well. I think Water Sleeps is next and after that is Soldiers Live.

How are you liking it so far?

Finished the Way of Kings.. hate that I'm going to have to wait for more.

When I finished it, I started re-reading it immediately to catch the little bits and pieces that I skimmed over trying to finish the story as fast as possible.

The series has such epic potential, I can't wait for the second one.

How are you liking it so far?

It's good. I do prefer the first few books to these most recent ones. However, I did enjoy Murgens description of happenings in Dejagore and I am intrigued by the events surrounding the bigger events further south. (no spoilers there, I think). I have a hundred pages or so to go in She Is the Darkness and it seems that a lot of the little plot lines are coming together into the main quite nicely. Looking forward to the conclusion. (If there is one. Bleak Seasons really didn't come to any conclusion at all)

Finished the first Black Company book, onto the second now (Darkness never sleeps?). The series has grown on me since about halfway through book 1. Enjoying it now.

Did you finish the first Chronicle (contains first three books) or just the first Book The Black Company?

Finished the first Black Company book, onto the second now (Darkness never sleeps?). The series has grown on me since about halfway through book 1. Enjoying it now.

Did you finish the first Chronicle (contains first three books) or just the first Book The Black Company?

Just the first actual book. Still have 2 more in the first chronicle. Not had much time for reading lately :(

Finshed TOM..Sanderson did an excellent job. Mat is much better this time. I even like Faile now. Elayne and Eg are more annoying though. Glad Perrin finally stopped whining about being a leader. Crap, i even like Gawyn better, and I wanted him to fall into a deep hole and never climb out heh.

Got Elantris and will start it tomorrow. Have The Darkness that comes before and The Dread Empire omnibus by Glen Cook after that.

Sean Russell - World Without End

I scrounged this out of the Friends of the Library outlet. It's a pretty well crafted Age of Enlightenment/End of the Age of Magic setting with some very strong overtones cast by Hope Mirrlees in her Lud-in-the-Myst (two diametrically opposed nations revolving around the trafficking of an exotic "fae fruit.") Halfway through the book, I still have no idea to what end either faction of antagonists strives toward and now there's a third faction who will not reveal the truth to the protagonist because he's so haplessly manipulated by the other two. I understand there are three other books: a sequel and two prequels.

I'm reading book one of Tad William's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. I'm just over 250 pages in. I'm enjoying it enough.. but chapter thirteen and a bit of fourteen are quite possibly the most mind-numbingly boring pieces of fiction I have ever read. I'd rather read about Elayne having a bath again.

But I'll plough through.

I'm just over half-way through the Dragonbone Chair. It's quite ponderous. I think the actual story is all right and might end up being great... but I'm just not feeling how he's telling it. I wont be defeated I'll plough on but a lot of the time I find my self not paying attention as I'm reading!

One thing that has actually pissed me off is the names. Why do authors thinking throwing a bunch of random consonants and vowels together will give you an interesting or fun name? Please just use James, Elisabeth, Ryan, and Patrick, or minor variations of it. And the same goes for country names, etc.