DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

Just curious what everyone is reading right now.  Actually I want to hear what the last book you read was, what you are currently reading, and what you plan to read next.

After finishing The Gathering Storm I read The Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks. It was a good book.  The first in that series in a long long time.  Now I am reading Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  I am enjoying it greatly.  I will read the next book in that series as soon as I finish that one.

So... let's hear it.

Well the last book I read was The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It was simply an exceptional book, one of the best I've ever read. I am currently reading The Return of The King by J.R.R. Tolkien. Next is The Silimarillion also by Tolkien, and then Don Quixote by Cervantes.

Whoa I'm reading A Game of Thrones also!!  I just finished reading Julius Caesar a while ago...no idea what I'm gonna read next.  The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite book of all time, it is VERY good!!!  On of the best books written, if you have not read it you need to.  I am enjoying A Game of Thrones also it is good.

lol, I just read Magician's Gambit, I'm currently reading Castle of Wizardry, and next I'll be reading Enchanters' End Game.

After that I'll read The Mallorean, Belgarath the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress, The Elenium, The Tamuli...I now have a burning desire to read The Count of Monte Cristo...and does anyone know how I can find a copy of The Iliad and the Oddysey in the original Greek?

I'm mainly reading The Gathering Storm right now, but I've also be lightly browsing "The Long Halloween" graphic novel, and I read The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan on Saturday night. Excellent novel. Oh, and I'm reading Alcatraz verses the Evil Librarians to my students at lunch, but I don't think that counts.

I haven't read Elantris or the Mistborn Trilogy yet, but I did read Warbreaker, and it was excellent.

They are great. They're very fast reads. You could knock out one a week easy. They're also very addicting, and having a foreseeable end is really refreshing after having read WoT for so long.

-Rin

I'm almost done with Midnight Tides. The Malazan books are ok. Not particularly in depth however. I mean it is, you can tell Steven knows more then he's letting on, but that's the problem, he doesn't give you anything. Like nothing at all. Five books in I still have no idea how his magic works, what the history of the world is, how these characters ascend or what ascension really brings them, why these things are happening at all, nothing. I'm sure Steven knows all this, but he refuses to tell me. Plus, while I find all of his characters to be totally BA, all the characters are basically the same. Just one BA and another BA and another BA without much to differ them besides their BAness. I'll keep reading the rest of the series cause I'd like to know where it goes and there are things in the series that I don't understand but find to be really cool, but I wouldn't rank this series above SoT on my personal "Would I ever reread this entire series" list. Plus I've found that every book so far (except maybe House of Chains) has just been 700 pages of snoring nothing followed by big brutal climax. And sometimes that works, like in Deadhouse Gates which has an AMAZING finish, but sometimes I refuse to allow this to make up for 700 pages of nothing, like with Memories of Ice. Overall so far I'd give the series a C, maybe C+.

Have you read Warbreaker yet?  I downloaded it from his website.  Very good.  He has a knack for getting humor into his work without taking away from the seriousness of the plot. I wouldn't mind seeing more from these characters.  There seemed to be an opening in the end for more story.  Anyway, if you like Jason Brandon  ;D, I recommend it.

Anyway, if you like Jason Brandon  ;D, I recommend it.

Why do I get the feeling that this will haunt me for the rest of my days on the DM forums? :D Considering that I just joined, it makes for a really bad start :)

To answer the question, no, I haven't read Warbreaker yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't read anything from BRANDON :D yet. But I'll certainly check out Warbreaker.

Oh, I finished A Game of Thrones and started A Clash of Kings.  Loving this series right now.  Intriguing, disturbing, violent, graphic, funny, exciting, etc.  My birthday is in a few weeks and I'm hoping my wife will be gifting me with the third and fourth books.  Otherwise I will be taking a little trip to the bookstore.