DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

I

My goal is to finish up the Mallorean first, follow that up with Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress,

Have you read the rest of the Eddings books that feature Belgarath and Polgara?  Those two books are great but I believe there may be a few spoilers in there for the other books.  Can't remember for sure though.  Just a warning.

I've almost finished Dune: The Machine Crusade and will have to move on to something else untill I get the next book.  I have Mistborn waiting. 

Started Mistborn this morning.  Wanted to finish the set of Dune books I was reading but didn't have The Battle of Corrin.  I'll need to stop at he bookstore this weekend.  In the meantime Brandon will have my undevided attention.  I like his writing style.  Not sure what it is exactly.  Warbreaker was fastpaced and original.  I'm hoping this is more of the same.  So far it is certainly original. 

Currently on the home stretch of finishing The Stand. I finally got a hold of a copy of Under the Dome about a month back and blew through it in about a day and a half(any King fan who hasn't read it, it's probably his best non-DT book since Bag of Bone) and it put me in the mood to go back through King's other 1,000 pagers. I was kind of surprised when I realized it had been 15 years since I had read the Stand...

So yeah, that's my past and present, my books up next are...

Fiction: Fahrenheit 451

Non-fiction: The History of the Ancient World

I am curious, actually, since I see a lot of people posting about Eddings. I have wanted to get into his stuff for the longest time, but it can be a little daunting when he has, like, 3 or 4 series floating around. What would you Eddings fans recommend I start with?

I loved the movie version of Count of Monte Cristo, but the book is WAY better.

Which movie. The one with Jim Caviezel? Because I love that movie...

And I'm now reading    Dresden Series: Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

and  Safehold Series: A Mighty Fortress by David Weber.

At the moment I'm reading Magician by Raymond Feist. I managed to get a hold of the one with the extra 15000 words (or was it 1500? I can't remember!), omitted from the original text, so there's a lot more depth to it :D But I've always loved the series, so I'm certainly not complaining!

I loved the movie version of Count of Monte Cristo, but the book is WAY better.

Which movie. The one with Jim Caviezel? Because I love that movie...

And I'm now reading    Dresden Series: Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

and  Safehold Series: A Mighty Fortress by David Weber.

Yes, that one.  I love it too, but I really do think the book is better.

Finally finished the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Now I have to wait for the TCG. My reaction's been that it's really not that hard to get into the series,  you just have to realize that Steven Erikson will never explain how anything in his world works and that he's making it all up as he goes along. Nothing in his world makes a lick of sense. Also it's incredibly boring as he loves to retell the same event from a hundred different PoV that don't move the story forward in any way, shape, or form, and right when you're about to fall asleep and give up because GOD is this series boring, you'll hit the last 100 pages of a book and he'll suddenly throw in so much action your brain explodes with euphoria and you actually think it was worth it. Plus I actually really like most of his characters, even if they're pretty much all the same person. Karsa Orlong and Icarium Lifestealer are two of the coolest characters I've ever come across.

Just found Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings by Charles Hapgood in a used bookstore in New Orleans. I've seen this book referenced in several other books concerning ancient advanced civilizations and even read refutations of it online but I've never been able to find it.

Just finished warbreaker. Amazing book. I loved every chapter of it.

So, did you buy it or download it?  And yes it was great from beginning to end.  I'd like to see more books based in this world.  Seemed to be an opening with that ending.  What do you think?

i finally got tired of waiting for the library to get it, so i just went to the only bookstore in town and askd for TGS, and lo and behold they had one copy in. with the nice british cover too. (i really dislike the american one)

just cracked it open and i see a Jordan signature in it. does all of them have that copyd in or did i get very lucky?