DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

II am in desperate need of new reading material. *begs* Any good recommendations? Doesn't have to be fantasy. I'll read most anything. (Well, almost. I felt my brain die a little when I read Twilight because all my sisters told me to.) Thanks all!

From the books I have read this year I would recommend the Blck Company books or Pillars of the Earth. The black Company being fantasy, and the other being historical fiction.

• 2 weeks later...

Started The Fires of Heaven after completeing The Shadow Rising. Find my self skimming portions that seem like filler. I've never done that. Mainly because I don't really mind filler if it adds depth and richness to the story. But I think maybe I am getting impatient. Usually I read every word. Not so much this time through.

"Who's In Charge: Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael Gazzaniga. A leading nueroscientist weighing in on theories of consciousness and free will. Really interesting, but he's a better scientist than writer. The book is organized in a weird way.

"Martin Eden" by Jack London. Splendid story. Didn't know Jack London could write like this. I guess I had it in my head he only wrote stuff for younger readers. I can definitely see his influence on Hemingway from this novel.

The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett: fantastic historical novel, great pacing and very suspenseful. The characters are awesome lol

Oh, this book is excellent! I enjoyed it very much. 

I just started Mistborn. So far, so good: I'm hooked.

The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett: fantastic historical novel, great pacing and very suspenseful. The characters are awesome lol

Oh, this book is excellent! I enjoyed it very much. 

I just started Mistborn. So far, so good: I'm hooked.

Seconded.  I read POtE quite a while back, but I remember liking it quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...