DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

I picked up Elantris and Warbreaker the other day. Currently reading Elantris. Already like Raoden. He didn't fall to pieces when he was chucked into the city. He has strength. I like that. Dislike Hrathen. Not because he's religious, but because he's not the right religion :tongue:! Reserving judgement on Sarene.

Nobody likes zealots anyway. That said, Hrathen is pretty badass.

Almost finished Elantris. Two days (I keep odd hours) is both good and disappointing. I picked up Elantris and Warbreaker because I was afraid I had lost my attention span from reading so much manga. I was half afraid that I couldn't read a good book any more! Happily that isn't the case. So that's the good. The bad is that I'm almost done :sad:! I never could pace my self well.

Still like Spirit. I look forward to his chapters Sarene.. I've come to like her to an extent. Hrathen.. I love to hate him :biggrin:.

Edit: Finished Elantris. Was good. For a minute I despaired of what the ending would be. Honestly I was a bit.. abrupt. There's so much potential for future works here and I'm glad Brandon is working on an Elantris II though I don't know how I'll like it.

But any way.

Raoden: cool.

Sarene: still meh.

Hrathen: bad-ass does not even begin to describe him.

Probably leave Warbreaker 'till tomorrow.

Edited by Jon Paul

Just finished chapter 35.. God Sanderson makes me feel so stupid. I mean it was obvious.. mercenaries! With Martin everything is shadows. Sanderson puts it in broad daylight and I missed it! I'm an idiot!

Though I'm glad it's picking up. For a few chapters in the middle there I wasn't really that into it all. I'm still not a huge fan of the setting and the magic system still seems complicated to me. But the story its self is interesting which is going to keep me reading. Not that far from the end any way. Just over a quarter to go I'd say.

Finished Warbreaker. Have to say it's my least favourite of Sanderson's books. Which isn't saying much because I'm quite a fan. I liked it.. just preferred his other works. Was a bit disappointed with the ending. A little too abrupt. And wasn't keen on the epilogues POV. Wished for someone else.

Hm.. now I have nothing else to read :sad:.

Finished Warbreaker. Have to say it's my least favourite of Sanderson's books. Which isn't saying much because I'm quite a fan. I liked it.. just preferred his other works. Was a bit disappointed with the ending. A little too abrupt. And wasn't keen on the epilogues POV. Wished for someone else.

Hm.. now I have nothing else to read :sad:.

I just finished the third Mistborn book on Friday; have Warbreaker and Way of kings on order should get them tomorrow. Am somewhat depressed over finishing a good series and the way it ended.

Oh well.

Finished The Silver Spike and started Bleak Seasons. Also have The Invisible Man, Peter and Wendy, and The Wonderful Wizard of OZ all going on my Kindle.

How you liking the series so far? I finished the last one Soldier's Live awhile back and am hoping the see the next book someday. One thing about Cook; he certainly doesn't spare any character from the axe.

How you liking the series so far? I finished the last one Soldier's Live awhile back and am hoping the see the next book someday. One thing about Cook; he certainly doesn't spare any character from the axe.

I like it a lot. It is taking a little for me to get used to the differing viewpoints. Liked the original flow of info coming from Croaker. Still, very enjoyable. Looking forward to everyone coming back together (hoping this happens).

I also just started The Black Company and I have to say it's surprisingly hard to get used to the first person POV.

I have the omnibus edition. The first person has somewhat put me off really trying to read it. I've only read one series that with first person POV and that was The Saga of Darren Shan from my childhood. I only re-read it for nostalgia's sake :tongue:.

I also just started The Black Company and I have to say it's surprisingly hard to get used to the first person POV.

I have the omnibus edition. The first person has somewhat put me off really trying to read it. I've only read one series that with first person POV and that was The Saga of Darren Shan from my childhood. I only re-read it for nostalgia's sake :tongue:.

Exact same here actually. Having a real hard time getting into reading "I did this, and I remember that" all the time. And yes I also read the Darren Shan books (and the Demonata ones too) but mostly because I started them when I was far younger.

Exact same here actually. Having a real hard time getting into reading "I did this, and I remember that" all the time. And yes I also read the Darren Shan books (and the Demonata ones too) but mostly because I started them when I was far younger.

It's worth the effort. I didn't like when it changed from Croaker to Murgen but I got used to it. Just started Warbreaker, seems interesting. When the guy handed me Way of Kings my jaw dropped at how thick it was.. he even mentioned that hehe.. wow gonna take awhile to read that.

It took me a little while to get used to as well. It was worth it though. I am enjoying the books. The story is good and there is a lot of action.

It's worth the effort. I didn't like when it changed from Croaker to Murgen but I got used to it.

I am at that point now. Taking some getting used to for me too.

And yes I also read the Darren Shan books (and the Demonata ones too) but mostly because I started them when I was far younger.

The first books I ever read (of my own free will :tongue:) were Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I started them when I was about 10. Kept reading them even into my teenage years though because I wanted to see how they ended. Whilst waiting for those books to come out though I discovered The Saga of Darren Shan and became hooked.. possibly because they had a good 3 for 2 offer going at the local :biggrin:. Absolutely loved them. Over the yars they became misplaced, etc., so I picked up the omnibus editions last year and re-read them. Lemony Snicket introduced me to the world of fiction, Darren Shan made me love it.

Tried reading the Deamonata series but I started them when I was about 15 or 16? So after a while I just couldn't get into them and stopped about half way through Wolf Island.

I think I'll pick up his new series about Mr Crepsley though. I cried when he died. Re-reading those scenes I still tear up a little :biggrin:!

It's worth the effort. I didn't like when it changed from Croaker to Murgen but I got used to it. Just started Warbreaker, seems interesting. When the guy handed me Way of Kings my jaw dropped at how thick it was.. he even mentioned that hehe.. wow gonna take awhile to read that.

You'll fly through Way of Kings. I did :tongue:.

Edited by Jon Paul

Finished Bleak Seasons. Kind of an abrupt ending. Starting She Is the Darkness next. I'll probably finish up the with the other Black Company books before moving on as well. I think Water Sleeps is next and after that is Soldiers Live.

Edited by redarm

Finished The Night Angel trilogy yesterday. Either going to either re-read A Song of Ice and Fire, The Lord of the Rings or read The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant for the first time. Think Thomas Covenant is pulling ahead.

Edited by Jon Paul

Finished The Night Angel trilogy yesterday. Either going to either re-read A Song of Ice and Fire, The Lord of the Rings or read The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant for the first time. Think Thomas Covenant is pulling ahead.

Read Thomas Covenant for the first time. Great series.

I just finished Reamde by Neal Stephenson. Not his best book, but still better than most stuff out there. The plot took a lot of turns I was not expecting and even though it seems quite ridiculous, Stephenson makes it fun to read in his own inimitable way.