DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your names and is there a reason for them?

42Bonzo88

Well... My last name is Martin so the first part comes from there however the original spelling was Marasson mainly as a reminder to myself about the this one time at DragonCon...

(wispy fog effect)

I approached the ticket vendor at Dragoncon on Friday, there weren't a whole lot of people there at the time and I asked to buy a ticket. I filled out the form and gave it to her. This was my 2nd time at Dragoncon so I thought they had me in their database.  She looks at me and asks me if I live at a totally different address than the one listed on the form.  No... I responded, she looks at me and says something to the effect that the systems doesn't handle double entries of the same name that were attending at the same time.  And I ask her if she can write me over him, she tells me no.  So I had to file under an entirely different name.  So for the rest of the con I was scouring the hotels looking for the guy so I could scream "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" and go running after him waving a huge inflatable sword.

(end wispy fog effect)

It actually gets worse - the guy lives in the same town I do, uses the same bank, plays magic the gathering(found that out when I registered with DCI), frequents DragonCon, and is probably reading this right now. "hey are you this guy that lives here??" RAGE 

So other Martin when I see your ass its on.  :o

But yeah it evolved from there mainly because I cant really have ass in my name amongst respectable circles.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is from EoTW when Moiraine tell the Emmond's Fielders the story of Manetheren and King Aemon.  Just throw in some l337 speak and you have my screen name. 

Man I haven't been on these forums in forever...

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...well, when I first started looking at WoT sites, I was drawn to Theoryland, where I read some of the current threads, and most of the old theories and faction posts, etc. I was taken by how many cool names they had there, and when I decided to join the website, I wanted an equally cool name, but the best I could come up with was "Seizing Saidin," although I do actually like that name. Ironically, it was right after joining that I quit visiting the website and started hanging out here instead. I like this forum structure better; it is easier for me to follow a thread when it isn't splintered into various digressions with all the little folders. It is the reason that Wotmania never caught on with me, although I loved their quizzes and the humor section. Anyway, I digress.  :P

When I came here, I again wanted a cool name, and since there was a TV show called "Gentle Ben" when I was a kid, I thought I'd make a funny (to me, at least) play on my Theoryland name by altering the old TV show name to Gentled Ben. I figured that to most people, it would just be a pun, but to me, it would be a pun and an additional play on another forum name, and for some reason, that idea really appealed to me. Unfortunately, I discovered that I am much older than the average WoT fan, and that most of you whippersnappers had never heard of Gentle Ben, and instead, when you commented on my name at all, you usually made friendly jokes about the Red Ajah. Oh, well.  :)

I use water_seeker or some variation of it for almost everything I do online.  For anyone who doesn't know, there's an Aiel clan called Duadhe Mahdi'in (or something like that) which is Old Tongue for Water Seekers.

Originally I wanted to go with Stone Dog, after another clan, but it was always taken.  If I don't go with Water Seeker I go with Dhearic.  Dhearic is an Aiel clan chief, but he's also my main toon on WoW.

Oh yeah, I would have gone with DuadheMahdiin, but I don't like the "ii" like that...don't know why.

Mine is no surprise .. A play on Old Man River.. Only with the Scots spelling and a deep south accent. Most refer to me as Manny... though I prefer Riva, as in Reever.. again with the Gulf Coast no hard R. A hard R at the end of a word is very uncouth and I am nothing if not couth ;)

Yay for southern soft r's! Yay for dropped g's (fixin', doin', readin')!

Besolyn = I wanted a cool name for DM so I looked through the local county plat book and found "Bessolene" (no lie) and I WoTenized it.

Pyrela, my last name has a little more personal meaning (in that I'm a pyromaniac), but I've only used it in the few RP's I've been a part of. :)

Koe stands for King of Empires, and has been my usual screen-name for about 6 years now. Nowadays I tend to use it as a word itself, because (to be honest) its meaning sounds exactly what it is: a dumb 12 year-old "I'm the king of the world muahaha kneel before me" nickname. Soooo, just plain Koe.

My sign on name comes from a character I had created She is an elf and the oldest living creature in the world I began to create. I also have a couple of other interesting screen names.

I have what I call my Jedi name which is Jan Eht Lin. Which is me just playing aound with my first name Janet and my middle name Lynne. And there is another I came up with, Which I thought I might use as a pen name that's Shealynne Gayle, which is actually my daughters' middle names combined. I just like the sound of it for some reason. It's very scotts/irish sounding. Later peoples. :-*

Well, I'll join this.  Verbal32 is simple:

Verbal:  named after the main character in the movie The Usual Suspects, which is my favorite movie.  And Verbal Kint was my favorite character.

32:  In college, our group of friends....probably drunk, high, or both, noticed that the number 32 popped up all the time.  Of course it doesn't, but when you're looking, it feels like it does.  So I started always using the number in all my handles.

I considered dropping the "32" when we had the chance with the DM upgrade, but for some reason I didn't.  When I play mmo games, I try to just use Verbal, but it's taken many times, so I have to either add the "32", or make another name.....very frustrating sometimes.

Well Frances is just a name which I nicked from Frances the Mute the second album of a progrock band The Mars Volta. As simple as it is, people always assume it's got something to do with France and then view me as a frenchmen, or better to say as a frenchwoman. They say it sounds like a girls name ::) I suppose Francis is more common, but still...

• 2 weeks later...

When I made the account it was for the purpose of making rediculous posts of an EPIC nature as well as to contribute intelligent( sometimes ;) ) thought to DM.  I was trying to figure out the name and then it hit me.

• 1 month later...

WhiteRose is actually one of my old AD&D characters who was an assassin. Black Widow-type. Always left a white rose at her crime scenes. Her father was also an assassin by the name of Schwartzenrosen (Black Rose). As with all my characters, I wrote a very lengthy background story, and hope to finish it one of these days.

And MN, because I live in Minnesota. So, mnwhiterose

Mine's neither profound nor clever, but in the interests of contributing...

I like the Aiel.  Really like the Aiel. 

A people who treat instruments of music as an instrument of war strikes a chord  with me... Scottish ancestry... and a society dominated by tall shapely women who own everything and call the shots sounds a bit like the reality of married life, me-style.  And the idea of starting a large-scale fight involving entire clans for generations over a glass of water or runaway goat gives me the giggles.  That, and they're badass, not-to-be-fu.. er, messed-with...

Their history as shown in TSR is moving... and well, you get the picture... I like the Aiel.

So then, when I found DF, I figured an Aiel-sounding nickname would be a good thing... and being who I am, from where I'm from, a little whimsy (ie Low Wit) came into play... and a quick think (and a scan of the spice rack) threw up what I thought was a bit of fun...

hence, I am Tumeric.

"battousai" refers to "Hitokiri Battousai" from the anime Rurouni Kenshin. Basically the easiest way of defining it is a manslayer. No reason for having it really, just liked the anime I guess...

Great Anime man, love the name.

Mine comes from when I first started rp'ing a good 12 years ago. Another guy was already on these boards where I was rp'ing and his name was Aaron, so having another Aaron was invasion of his turf I guess and he started calling me Psuedo Aaron and I thought it was funny. Yes at 11 years old I knew what the word Psuedo meant, but I didn't care I was only there to have fun and this was some guy I would never meet so why not have fun with it? A few years later I ran into the same guy on another board after going MIA when the last one I was on shut down. So once I saw that guy there before I registered I went ahead and made my name Hardlyaaron, we all had a good laugh and I've liked it so much that I actually ran with it.

Archived