DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your names and is there a reason for them?

42Bonzo88

I came up with Annetta when I was co-writing a fantasy story with my best friend who lives in Oz. We decided to inject ourselves into the story. My friend was a member of some online community and her screen name is Moreta. So after brainstorming we came up with "Annetta" for me. It doesn't have any meaning behind it.. we decided on "Annetta" just coz it sounds cool.

And that's how I got my screen name. :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I actually came up with this handle when playing computer and video games.  I originally used it in Halo 2/3, but it migrated to Starcraft, Warcraft, and Counterstrike.

Anyways, I needed a cool handle, and I'm half-Chinese and half-Polish.  Hence Hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

Snowy Dawn is the irascible older wolf that Perrin calls on for the wolf chorus to start the assault on the Shaido at Malden. As I am an irascible older guy, I figured that it was a fit. Also I named the older siberian husky that I adopted from the local shelter a year ago ``Tall Bear'' (one the wolves that Perrin encounters in Feather's pack early on in CoT), for that he is both tall for a Sibe and also rather bear like in shape. So has anyone else named a dog after one of the wolves in the <i>Wheel of Time</i>?

• 2 months later...

I hope the Thought-Police won't grab me for posting here now as well....*cough*

Reference of my name should be obvious: Dhai'Mon(wouldn't let me put the ' in *sigh*), one of the greater Trolloc-clans, its sign an iron fist.

There's quite a few other clans, true, and could I change the name I might even switch to another(said as much in my introduction thread...was that only 3 months ago?). I might even switch to Chashan, come to think of it(using that handle in many other places- wanted to go for something very, very vaguely reminiscent of Hassan when coming up with that, only ever noticed that a place in China has that very name a long time later).

So why DhaiMon?

When it comes down to it, it likely was a gut-feeling. And solidarity with y'all who would have had trouble pronouncing "Ahf'frait" or "Chashan" out loud when screaming my name in terror annoyance. *laughs*

And maybe this sense of...finality...that the Dhai'Mon "label" has, that iron fist...just cool, yeah.

EDIT: An "f" was missing....

I started using the name Kalle al'Tear way back in 1998 when I joined the Wotism.org community. At the time I liked the name Kalle (yes I stole it off of the MtV's Road Rules show, one of the girls had that name and I thought it was pretty)  I decided that I wanted it to sound Wotish so I decided to put al' in front of Tear (just because it was the first country I saw when I opened up my book and looked at the map of the Wot world)  So then I had a wot sounding name. Kalle al'Tear :)

I have used this name for years and still do on several different sites.

I used my first name Heinrich which i normally do not go by. i actually hate the name and not many of my friends even know that it is my first name!

I normally go by Joshua or Josh (my middle name) but those are always taken on forums. And i'm not creative!

• 3 weeks later...

Well My sir name is MacLennan, so when I needed a screen name Mach seemed to fit.  And just so you all know, My nick name is not Mack as in the truck, I'm Mach, as in Mach numbers.  My friends at school used to think that I was trying to drive that fast, I must admit that I am quite quick behind the wheel.  I got a motorbike 2ish years ago which I'm a lot more careful with but I'm still reasonable fast.  I'd actually like to break the sound barrier one day, just to say that I have.

So catch you around.

Mine is just my name, since in RL all the guys have easy names and you need to flip to the appendix to figure out how to pronounce the girls' names.

Almost everywhere else on the 'net, including Tor.com I'm servantcbm, which comes from the passage in the Bible where Jesus says that whoever wants to be the greatest in the Kingdom of God must be the servant of all. I figure if you're going to have a goal, make it a lofty one, so if you miss you still have gone somewhere great. So that combined with my initials is that one.

Zen

Most think its a spiritual thing, but it is not. 

When I was growing up (and I am dating myself here) There used to be Arcades everywhere, and I was a video game junkie however unlike today you could only use 3 letters or numbers when you hit a high score.  Not being into spritual things at the time, grade school age and all, I needed a handle for the scoreboards *grin*  I hate my first and middle name so was not going to use those in any form, however lucky for me one day I happened across a license plate that had ZEN in it.  I thought that would make a pretty cool handle for the arcade so started using it.  I haven't stopped since.  Occasionally I have had to alter it if I was a late comer to a MMORPG or forum, but most times I still manage to get to use it.

Winterwinds, that isnt a hard one really, I love wolves, and thus reading the WoT I got sucked into the Wolfkin lore and such, I loved the names the Wolves gave people, so I figured I would use one. Joining in the winter months I figured, Winterwinds sounded like a good one :) I like it and I think I will use it for a lot of stuff I do that needs a handle.

Mine is no surprise .. A play on Old Man River.. Only with the Scots spelling and a deep south accent. Most refer to me as Manny... though I prefer Riva, as in Reever.. again with the Gulf Coast no hard R. A hard R at the end of a word is very uncouth and I am nothing if not couth ;)

It's kinda simple.

My brother, a friend, and myself were play a video game, Star Fox 64, and I was always Fox. If I shot my friend down in a game he would say "Darn Fox!!". It carried over into a football game the next day(the yelling) and the name stuck. I've been using Fox in one way or another in my e-mails online personas, gamertags, and created charaters for 11-12 years. Kinda of an alter ego for me. Anyone who plays video games with me usually calls me Fox.Oh, yeah! He's me favorite character in Smash Brothers ;D

I chose this name because when I was a kid my neighbours had an albino dog, and a big one at that. I loved that dog. It was the most awesome creature ever to set foot on this earth. I took its description rather than its real name since almost no sites allow dotted letters in usernames (öäõü). Aaand that's about it.

Hm, I chose my name very easily.  I use it for everything online, and this is why.

A few years ago, I was joining this online class, and it gave suggested usernames based on your first name, last name, and middle name.

My favorite was mmeeshal-- probably because you can actually pronounce it, instead of lmeesham or mesmle.

m- first letter of last name

meesha-first name

l- first letter of middle name

I wished I could change my DM handle to something cooler, but I've come to like having people call me Meesh, like they're talking to me personally in RL.  :D

Ponder is the name..

I named myself after Ponder Stibbons, the geek wizard from sir terry pratchett's discworld series. We share a common likeness for finding stuff out and being a little geeky.

As for the smash brothers thing, you cannot beat pikachu :-)

Alright, let me set the scene a bit.  I joined as DSage, then forgot my password, so joined as Toy and Minion. 

DSage - Completely and utterly random

Toy and Minion - During my brief time as DSage I had become Danya's Toy and Raena's Minion.  I figured it would be easy to remember me.  Plus, it rose a few questions, as you can imagine.

Since we went 7.0 and were allowed that brief time to change our handles, I changed back to DSage, because, well, that's who I was first, and that's who I shall remain, hopefully.

Archived