DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Teaser Trailer Pros and Cons?

templar7

4 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

When in doubt, blame the interns.

That or  because of things like google maps people no longer understand how paper maps work. 

Ah there you go… was printed double sided and folded so when they looked at it DM appears on the opposite side. 

We have a theory. 

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

That or  because of things like google maps people no longer understand how paper maps work. 

Ah there you go… was printed double sided and folded so when they looked at it DM appears on the opposite side. 

We have a theory. 

Anything's possible.

To this day, I still have no idea how I managed to mirror one page of my two page college transcript, and then proceeded to get chewed out by an employer who never hired me for sending them a pdf with an irrelevant page that was mirrored and not noticing, as I ran out of the house at 6am to go to work.

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

Anything's possible.

To this day, I still have no idea how I managed to mirror one page of my two page college transcript, and then proceeded to get chewed out by an employer who never hired me for sending them a pdf with an irrelevant page that was mirrored and not noticing, as I ran out of the house at 6am to go to work.

Woah, thats crazy. Twice with mirroring unintentionally. 

Somebody liked the way it looked mirrored better for some reason.

Either that, or they accidentally mirrored the shot for the trailer. It is CGI after all, they probably have so many different images of Tar Valon, it could have just been a bad mouse click. 

At the end of the day, it doesn't bother me. But it's a great catch, @CaddySedai!

31 minutes ago, MasterAblar said:

Either way the location of the ogier grove has no impact to the story so its whatever really.

Lol noone is claiming that it would break the series in any way. We just are having a good time breaking down the trailer. Trying to glean tidbits, nuggets of knowledge. 

That and its such a seemingly easy thing to put the grove in its rightful place. Unlike a ton of other things to cut and modify to save budget or streamline plot… this seems to be such a weird choice to move something like the Grove. 

Whats the purpose. Its just curious. hehe

Edited by CaddySedai

I think the Tar Valon artists looked at a bunch of medieval and renaissance cathedrals and mosques and did a bit of merger.  Bits of Blue Mosque here, some Notre Dame there, voila Tar Valon.   I wonder if the squishing effecton White Tower from broadening the base and reducing island size was intentional. I think it would have been more interesting if the widened and bowled the top instead of making it space x rocket.  A blooming flower atop Tar Valon more thematically correct to me.

The White Tower in the books would probably look very squat to everyone. It's 600 feet tall and 300 feet wide at the base, so the base is half as wide as the tower is tall. That's not counting the two wings. And the top, from what I'm reading, is 200 feet wide. As for shrinking the city, I think it's unfortunate. The logic is probably that they want the White Tower to visually dominate the island in all shots. Not to just be the tallest building, but to look dominating and imposing for us contemporary people who see much taller skyscrapers in real life all the time.

Edited by Agitel

7 hours ago, Guire said:

Squagly made perfect sense to me.  Squat plus ugly equals squagly.

You so get me *grins*

I don't even think it's the fact that it's squat - it's the ... not-smooth not-pearlescent finish on the outside.

This does not, in my extremely un-humble opinion (Aes Sedai can't lie :P) resemble something made by Ogier and Aes Sedai.

This looks like something designed and made by men. I think that's my gripe, in a nutshell.

4 hours ago, Elgee said:

You so get me *grins*

I don't even think it's the fact that it's squat - it's the ... not-smooth not-pearlescent finish on the outside.

This does not, in my extremely un-humble opinion (Aes Sedai can't lie :P) resemble something made by Ogier and Aes Sedai.

This looks like something designed and made by men. I think that's my gripe, in a nutshell.

True, though I would wager the argument (if they bother with one) would be:

a) the tower was designed with humans in mind and adopted our building designs but have certain features like the stonework being seamless. 

b) the tower was originally made by the Ogier but as with all things human the tower changed as additions were added - so in this scenario the interior would have more of the polished feel we expect but the exterior got a facelift. 

c) or finally much like agelessness this will probably be one of those things we will just have to willfully ignore lol. 

i actually like the tower more than any other depiction. and i liked it because it makes sense.

the way the tower is described, the internal spaces, the aes sedai quarters, the gardens, the large chambers, it does not reflect well with a tall square tower.

that tower is still very high, it just looks squat because it's so large. but that justifies how they have so many grand halls and special chambers, it gives the tower enough room to fit all that stuff. and the somewhat irregular exterior leaves room for balconies and other amenities on individual rooms.

also the wings, that's the first time i see them in a way that looks good.

the one thing that feels off is that they don't have much in the way of warder training grounds. there should be more free space around the tower

4 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

the one thing that feels off is that they don't have much in the way of warder training grounds. there should be more free space around the tower

Maybe one of the domed structures on the sides of the tower are where the warders train?