DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Teaser Trailer Pros and Cons?

templar7

8 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

I definitely stan Lauren. His work is amazing.

Yeah, we shall see how the show handles it.

The WoT is difficult because compared to most fantasy series' (High, Middle, or Low) it is very very "magic use" heavy.

You almost cant turn a page at some points when the Power isnt being used for something.

I dare say that "Big Visible Magic" appears more often in the WoT than even books like Harry Potter. And that series is known for people being incapable of functioning without magic. Want to make your bed? Impossible without a spell. Because hands...I mean what are those even? And in Potter even when spellcraft is being used... half of it is invisible or what we consider "standing weaves" i.e. items get imbued with magic and just DO their thing. Not everything is accompanied with blasts of color and light.

So in the films you often get away with...I wiggled my wand and look. Someone is flying. #Wizard

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. The show doesn't seem like it is particularly interested in recreating the descriptions from the book in its visuals. To me, that's the most painful thing about the teaser (my biggest "con"), believe it or not, even more than the potential changes to the plot. I'm really disappointed that at least visually, we won't see the books brought to life. The show might turn out to be great, but we won't see the beautiful world RJ created. Instead, we will get a "re-imagining." 

36 minutes ago, JaimAybara said:

7) Not thrilled with the music. Made me think of Forgetting Sarah Marshall a little bit haha. “There’s no melody, just dark and ominous tones…” I wish James Horner was still around. His work on Willow always resonated with me. 

I remember reading that the trailer music is not made by the show's composer. It's just some generic stock music to fit the editing. The composer is a protege of some sorts of Hans Zimmer so I have very high hopes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorne_Balfe

47 minutes ago, JaimAybara said:

Oh my goodness! Music to my ears. Thank you. 

https://winteriscoming.net/2021/09/03/the-wheel-of-time-bosses-answer-fan-questions-everything-we-learned/

Can we get some information on the composer or the score for the show?

Rafe: If Amazon lets this answer go through, this is me proudly announcing that we have the most incredible composer working on the show by the name of Lorne Balfe. You’ve gotten a tiny hint of his music with the reveal of the Logo, and what he’s doing is really special.

Edited by DaddyFinn

13 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

And he is a huge fan of sweeping orchestral and choral music… so Im really hoping we get an awesome Tar Valon vanity circle with just uplifting music. 

I would love to see a scene with Lan riding towards Tarwin’s Gap that has a similar vibe to (but obviously a life of its own) to the riders that catch up to Henry Terrill in Blanco Canyon of the movie Big Country. Something like that but on a far grander scale with an orchestra to compliment it. 

12 hours ago, JaimAybara said:

I would love to see a scene with Lan riding towards Tarwin’s Gap that has a similar vibe to (but obviously a life of its own) to the riders that catch up to Henry Terrill in Blanco Canyon of the movie Big Country. Something like that but on a far grander scale with an orchestra to compliment it. 

I like the way you roll! Ive imagined that scene since I first read it. So epic, and quixotically, immersive.

What just happened?  I thought there was a 4th page on this thread with several posts talking about Tarwin's Gap and music.  There was mention of politics and religion which I didn't see - so maybe a moderator is cleaning up?

Or dementia came early for me...

Edited by DojoToad

• Community Administrator
15 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

What just happened?  I thought there was a 4th page on this thread with several posts talking about Tarwin's Gap and music.  There was mention of politics and religion which I didn't see - so maybe a moderator is cleaning up?

Or dementia came early for me...

Yes

• Community Administrator
4 hours ago, DojoToad said:

I too had at least one post deleted that was non-inflammatory, but it did reference posts that had been removed so why keep it?

Make sense?

^ This

I hid off-topic posts, which caused a cascade effect of having to remove posts that quoted or responded to those same removed posts.

Let's forget those other pages ever happened and stay on the topic at hand. 

2 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Forget what posts? Y’all being insane. There was never a page four. 

Clearly a trick of the Dark One. 

Speaking of, cannot wait to see Shayol Ghul in tv form. Even a teaser of it and or The Blight. 

Blight first - way too early for Shayol Ghul.  We have to get there in baby steps...

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Why? All you gotta do is look at your backyard. ? 

Ahem, my backyard has a beautiful lake and golf course. So clearly a pre-bore version then? Like when it was a vacation spot? lol. 

2 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Blight first - way too early for Shayol Ghul.  We have to get there in baby steps...

Nah, lets lead off with the Last Battle then flashback to the rest of the series. 

I mean, it worked in LOTR right? Isilduuuuuuurrrr! lol. 

51 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Forget what posts? Y’all being insane. There was never a page four. 

Clearly a trick of the Dark One. 

Speaking of, cannot wait to see Shayol Ghul in tv form. Even a teaser of it and or The Blight. 

I think I finally understand what experiencing balefire in reality feels like.  ?

48 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Nah, lets lead off with the Last Battle then flashback to the rest of the series. 

I mean, it worked in LOTR right? Isilduuuuuuurrrr! lol. 

LOTR started with a battle but then flashed forward.  You want to start with the Last Battle and then go backwards?  Insanity!

9 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

LOTR started with a battle but then flashed forward.  You want to start with the Last Battle and then go backwards?  Insanity!

Actually I want to flash sideways to another turning. And then upside down. 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, DaddyFinn said:

Lauren from Unraveling the Pattern has tried to make the weaves more colorful. Starts at 13:35. Maybe should be even more subtle but looks pretty good. Of course we don't know if the show will have different colors at some point.

Wow...I like his recolored weaves (link direct to time index) very much.  I hope the VFX people take note of them.