DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Zepp got the contents of the small chest and the large chest is in pieces. 

*climbs through the rubble to see what is beyond* Is there anything left of the large chest?

Right now, Zepp is seriously pegging my scum-meter. This isn’t about him being suspicious of me. It’s because of all of the first 4 people that voted for me, he’s the only one left alive. If I was scum, I’d never have been stupid enough to kill Darthe, Dice, and GB because suspicioun would then shift automatically to me. I don't play often but that's just common sense. Personally, I think he’s playing a clever game with his scum-buddies. And I fully expect that if I'm not lynched today, I'll end up getting killed tonight because if I can suss out one of them, they're all at risk.

To be fair, I do this all the time.  I'm known to "kill to silence" players that might be onto me, or just proving to be difficult.  Even if I'm supposed to be Cop hunting as scum, I'm still looking for those kill opportunities.  So I wouldn't toss that out as a defense, especially if you were scum with a teammate that known how I play and defend myself.  Just sayin'.

That said, I do agree with your comment about how he votes you D1 and then goes in another direction even after the deaths of the rest of that train.....it looks weird.

Let's stop a moment here. 

Zepp claims that I noted Dice's claim of Seamus. All I noted was that Dice claimed town. I didn’t even make the connection between Dice’s choice of a Seamus gif as being his character claim.

Zepp voted for me first. Then Dice voted for me because he mistakenly believed I didn’t want us scum hunting.  Then Darth voted for me. Then Gentled Ben.

Who, I say, who is the SOLE person still alive that was on my train?

Also note that Zepp is NOT voting for me today? Why? If I was "worthy" of a vote yesterday, and the death of Darthe, Dice and GB makes me that much more suspicious, why vote Turin? 

Right now, Zepp is seriously pegging my scum-meter. This isn’t about him being suspicious of me. It’s because of all of the first 4 people that voted for me, he’s the only one left alive. If I was scum, I’d never have been stupid enough to kill Darthe, Dice, and GB because suspicioun would then shift automatically to me. I don't play often but that's just common sense. Personally, I think he’s playing a clever game with his scum-buddies. And I fully expect that if I'm not lynched today, I'll end up getting killed tonight because if I can suss out one of them, they're all at risk.

My best friend was killed last night . . . :mad: It’s time to get serious about hunting scum because we lynched one of our own yesterday and the scum took out 2 of us last night.

So Daruya, you are claiming to be Dean Thomas? 

I've never played this game format, and I'm very rusty to say the least. And even though it's been a year I'm still so leery of Dice! LOL I will try to put my past experience aside for this.

Zep has explained his choice of doors pretty well and I get the thought process of both Zep and Daruya, but it still looks a bit odd to pick Slytherin right out of the gate. Just sayin.

Can anyone move the keystone at the bottom of the pit?

The bolded. Rhea, did you kill dice?

No, I always think Dice is scum. Past experience is all that was about. I was even starting to agree with him here ---> http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/101213-harry-potter-week-dumbledores-army-mafia-game-thread-day-2/?p=3830215

And why is Slytherin the wrong choice? Just cuz it produces more Death Eaters per capita?

Seems like that's the place to be to weed out scum. Go where your prey is.

Good thinking, there.

Hmmm. Rings alarm bells in retrospect. Not sure why.

I'm not too sure what this means?

In general, I know a lot of you are experienced Mafia players, but quite a few of us are not. Could you try to keep the Mafia jargon to a minimum, or at least explain what you mean? Most of the time I don't actually have a clue what you people are saying.

Sorry guys, I'm at work, I will be able to do a better job when I get home tonight. 

Where are we at on the story line? Have all the doors and chests been opened?

How did the chest explode? I didn't see a bomb in the chest, just that it exploded with the rubble. I might have to go back and read that again. 

And why is Slytherin the wrong choice? Just cuz it produces more Death Eaters per capita?

Seems like that's the place to be to weed out scum. Go where your prey is.

Good thinking, there.

Hmmm. Rings alarm bells in retrospect. Not sure why.

I'm not too sure what this means?

In general, I know a lot of you are experienced Mafia players, but quite a few of us are not. Could you try to keep the Mafia jargon to a minimum, or at least explain what you mean? Most of the time I don't actually have a clue what you people are saying.

There was actually zero "mafia jargon" in that post, Elgee.  All he did was cast some suspicion your way for potentially agreeing with him earlier (as I see it).  *shrug*

So here are the people who were voting Darthe when he revealed:

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Of those, only Ben, Turin, and Daruya posted before the actual day ended.....which means they had time to unvote and no excuse like the others have of "I wasn't here to see the claim from Darthe".

That you guys pushed through a lynch on a Harry Potter claim blows my mind.  Did you really think Harry freakin' Potter would have been a safe fake claim scum had?

Ben is dead and was town (I can't wait to hear his reason for not unvoting, lol)............but both Turin & Daruya posted before deadline, and did not unvote.

I want to know why.  Today.

The priority at this point should be getting an answer for why Turin & Daruya did not unvote.  Based on those answers, we can continue to analyze votes and discuss......but this is a major issue that needs to be resolved, pronto.

The priority at this point should be getting an answer for why Turin & Daruya did not unvote.  Based on those answers, we can continue to analyze votes and discuss......but this is a major issue that needs to be resolved, pronto.

I agree with this. I didn't even think of it at first, but what you posted earlier just made me even more suspicious of Dar. I hadn't actually been overly suspicious of Turin up until that point, but both of them seemed to be accusing Led of being Mafia, I think?

Worked till 12:30, in class till 5:15, back to work till 7:30, grocery store stop on the way home, home after 8:30, supper, homework,and then checking in at DM just before 9:00 (central time) and getting Cloudflared.

I did post at what I thought was just before deadline and my post was Cloudflared. When it went through, I saw Darthe's post about it being night. My post actually posted after his so mine ended up posting after deadline. I had no time to change my vote or query Darthe further re: his claim. I had thought he was claiming Lupin with his "wolfy" comment which is why I asked what it meant.

And, yes, I am pretty much accusing Zepp of being mafia. I haven't voted him but he's at the very top of my list of suspects. I think he may have changed his vote when he realized Darthe had enough votes for a lynch so that he wouldn't be suspected but I'd have to go back and look how the voting went down there at the end. I can't do that now because I'm headed to class.

Rhea, in answer to your question to me, yes.

Worked till 12:30, in class till 5:15, back to work till 7:30, grocery store stop on the way home, home after 8:30, supper, homework,and then checking in at DM just before 9:00 (central time) and getting Cloudflared.

I did post at what I thought was just before deadline and my post was Cloudflared. When it went through, I saw Darthe's post about it being night. My post actually posted after his so mine ended up posting after deadline. I had no time to change my vote or query Darthe further re: his claim. I had thought he was claiming Lupin with his "wolfy" comment which is why I asked what it meant.

Actually, this is incorrect.  See below.

What do y'all mean by wolfy?

Are we name-claiming already on Day 1? :ohmy:

Darthe, when I first saw you post something about a wolf (or wolfy) I thought you were hinting at being Lupin and I started rethinking my vote. Now you're claiming Harry which really makes me rethink. Light! I wish we had more time before deadline. 

You posted 8 minutes earlier with the "wolfy" question, and THEN the one that was after the deadline.  You had time to unvote.

I guess my brain doesn't work that fast. I had put in a very long day, saw the claim, asked the wolfy question, saw the answer, and then my next post was cloudflared. I was up against the deadline and even if I HAD unvoted, he'd still have been lynched. I'd have felt better about myself but he'd still be dead. 

Popping in on my lunch quick.

@ Verb. I don't understand what it is you need to clarify from Daruya and Turin, Verb. Why is it so important to know why they didn't unvote? I do believe Turin was asleep and Dar gave a pretty good explanation. You, Verb, were expecting Darthe to respond to Dar's post with 3 min to deadline and her to make a reply and unvote based on that reply? I really don't think there was time at that point. And now you are trying to use that to push her being scum? I think we need more than that to go on. 

I am not sure how to take any claims when we know the scum team have fake claims to use. So Dar, we will just have to wait and see if its true or not. 

I am still unsure about Lessa. I will try to post why later when I have more time to re-read. 

Verb. Read ny convo with Dice. I believe I clearly stated there that based on the MOD stating "claim whatever you want, the mafia have safe claims." That name claims have basically no value. If town can claim the 11 most solid names then let's just name claim and lynch accordingly.

DA members:

Harry

Hermione

Ron

Ginny

Neville

Fred

George

Luna

Seamus

Dean

Cho

Katie

the Patels?

Angelina Johnson: that's me and I'm town. I don't expect you to fall over yourselves because I claimed a character, Any character.

So what makes Harry special in this game? If it were a standard game I might expect Harry to be cop. That wasn't the case. he could be just as likely as anyone else to be a safe fakeclaim. You know this.

@ Verb. I don't understand what it is you need to clarify from Daruya and Turin, Verb. Why is it so important to know why they didn't unvote? I do believe Turin was asleep and Dar gave a pretty good explanation. You, Verb, were expecting Darthe to respond to Dar's post with 3 min to deadline and her to make a reply and unvote based on that reply? I really don't think there was time at that point. And now you are trying to use that to push her being scum? I think we need more than that to go on. 

If you read my post, I said these were the 2 that posted before DL, which was after Darthe's reveal.  So yeah, there was PLENTY of time to question/unvote/whatever.

Verb. Read ny convo with Dice. I believe I clearly stated there that based on the MOD stating "claim whatever you want, the mafia have safe claims." That name claims have basically no value. If town can claim the 11 most solid names then let's just name claim and lynch accordingly.

DA members:

Harry

Hermione

Ron

Ginny

Neville

Fred

George

Luna

Seamus

Dean

Cho

Katie

the Patels?

Angelina Johnson: that's me and I'm town. I don't expect you to fall over yourselves because I claimed a character, Any character.

So what makes Harry special in this game? If it were a standard game I might expect Harry to be cop. That wasn't the case. he could be just as likely as anyone else to be a safe fakeclaim. You know this.

Eh, this is Harry Potter week, and a very flavorful game thus far.  I highly doubt Harry would have been a fakeclaim, and it turns out that was correct.  But there was no solid case on him, and a HP claim should have prompted more than......nothing.  You know this.

The priority at this point should be getting an answer for why Turin & Daruya did not unvote. Based on those answers, we can continue to analyze votes and discuss......but this is a major issue that needs to be resolved, pronto.

What is mafia hiding on a train more likely to do post and not unvote/ change votes or just avoid the thread altogether? The former opens you up to scrutiny while the second is a built in excuse. Deadline for me was like 3 am. I made my good night post after 1 am. I had been at work for the previous several jours and had a single break. I gave no value to Darthe claiming Harry. I thought he was fake claiming late in order to get out of the lynch. I discarded it tbh.

The Dar case was rubbish. The Dar'Jen case wasn't much better and felt more like Darthe using wordplay to grill a newb.

The interaction with Ben felt like mafia being mad and lashing out because he was getting lynched for what he felt was a bad reason.

If I was going to move I would have moved to Dice or Elgee I think. But I didn't have time to push it so my vote just would have been wasted.

I still think Dar is town and didn't want to have it swing there.

So out of the character names on that list, who is mafia? It doesn't matter if this is HP week. I expect there to be one of the big three as a mafia safe fakeclaim otherwise the game is broken IMO. In LEGO HP mafia none of the big three were even in the game so there is precedent. I believe there have been large characters as fakes in other HP week games as well.

And I don't live on my computer (well, at least not on DM; most of it is spent in Sakai, Innoslate, NSERC, and Word and Excel and Powerpoint) and I don't access DM on my phone. I check in when I can. 

@Verb - As for why I didn't unvote Darthe after his name claim, I didn't have a chance to catch on the thread until after I was done work which was an hour after deadline. I'm not allowed to use my phone at work as I work in retail. I felt terrible when I got caught up on the thread but to me he was acting like mafia. He didn't answer why he voted for Dar and from what I read up until deadline that he posted, before his name claim, lashed out that I have seen in the past by mafia players no matter how experienced they are.

I do think that it is odd that of those who voted for Dar on D1, LZM is alive. I think that the mafia are trying to set her up for the suspicion and that it is someone who didn't have much to say about what was happening to her. I'm going to go back through the thread to confirm my theory.

YES!!! No DEATHEATER FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks a pint

ae965a32d47c1608e5f78d06e3b2b203fa7f65a3

if you think IM trying to levitate that thing think again!!

Spell name Finite Incantatem! at the magical explosion in the middle of the path

Dice actually claimed his role here.

I'm rereAding btw.

Dice actually claimed his CHARACTER HERE with the gif which is a common thing for Dice and could also have been him being excited to be able to use Seamus as a fake claim. All he claimed in his words was not a Death eater. Which he actually could have claimed and be a baddie in this game if the baddies are from the pool of Umbridge, Filch, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. The only one with the mark I believe is Malfoy.

Dar actually only noted that he clamed town. I was the one that suggested he was claiming Seamus. Which Dice pretty much confirmed. 

[b]Dice appears and claims town and casts FINITE INCANTATUM which stops the explosions but also unconfunds the troll.[/b]

Daruya notices his claim of Seamus.

Quoted for reocrd

Oops my bold didn't work on the last one. This is the first person to say anything about dice claiming.

Zep kinda changes what he is saying. 

Looking with side eyes at all the people voting Dar right now.

I think she is showing definite town process so far.

Turin defends Dar.

I'm starting to think Dar really is scum.

Why does my defending her make you think she might be mafia? The only way that works if I am mafia also. I'm not so my defending someone I think to be town has no bearing on her alignment. She might well be mafia but my defense here is Not Valid.

Let's stop a moment here. 

Zepp claims that I noted Dice's claim of Seamus. All I noted was that Dice claimed town. I didn’t even make the connection between Dice’s choice of a Seamus gif as being his character claim.

Zepp voted for me first. Then Dice voted for me because he mistakenly believed I didn’t want us scum hunting.  Then Darth voted for me. Then Gentled Ben.

Who, I say, who is the SOLE person still alive that was on my train?

Also note that Zepp is NOT voting for me today? Why? If I was "worthy" of a vote yesterday, and the death of Darthe, Dice and GB makes me that much more suspicious, why vote Turin? 

My best friend was killed last night . . . :mad: It’s time to get serious about hunting scum because we lynched one of our own yesterday and the scum took out 2 of us last night.

Bold: here Dar states that she didn't notice the gif as a character claim and I would not expect her to as she doesn't play on the boards os hasn't seen the propensity of some people to do this. 

I normally don't care for the "I would never do THAT as mafia" argument. In this case I am not jumping at it because in THIS game There is NO way that I kill Dice over several others (The people with the items) As I doubt Dice is able to drive a lynch, he can't be  a PR so he isn't really a threat. It does kind of feel like an attempt to get an easy mislynch.   

side note: I didn't use my treasure from yesterday as I feel it would be more valuable later in the game. 

I would like to ask LEssa, Elgee, and Devil if they used theirs. If yes, do we have any results? or at least what the treasure was?

Mine was a 1x of something that I would consider tricksy but can be used to benefit town. I had the small Slytherin chest.

Lessa had the Large Slytherin chest.

Elgee had the Large Hufflepuff chest.

Delvil had the small Hufflepuff chest.

LZM got the small Gryffindor chest today.