A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RP - LEGACY

Popping in and using my phone, so apology for short posts.

I voted Darthe as I didn't have a good feel on anyone. I hate to admit I jumped on a bandwagon, but wanted vote to count. I did not see a claim that he was Harry Potter until after deadline.

Not very knowledgeable in the world of Harry Potter but feel a little guilt in that he got lynched the first night. But as people are saying, and I am learning, anyone can claim they are town, so not sure how to determine who is actually telling the truth. I guess that's where their actions come into play.

YES!!! No DEATHEATER FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks a pint

ae965a32d47c1608e5f78d06e3b2b203fa7f65a3

if you think IM trying to levitate that thing think again!!

Spell name Finite Incantatem! at the magical explosion in the middle of the path

He did not claim town. He said not Death Eater. Which is a big difference in comparison to the Inquisitorial Squad.

We were plunged into a lost extension of the RoR but it was very dark.

Daruya cast LUMOS to light the path, revealing 4 doors (one from each House).

Zepp opened the Slytherin door using ALOHAMORA and voted Turin.

The Slytherin door opened revealing a cavern. On the right, a great pool of water with a small chest at the far end. On the left an angry troll.

Ben casts CONFUNDO at the troll and the troll lumbers away to a corner.

There’s an endless magical explosion now barring our path.

Dice appears and claims town and casts FINITE INCANTATUM which stops the explosions but also unconfunds the troll.

Darthe casts WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA. The troll levitates and drops off a bridge.

Rhea casts ALOHAMORA at the small chest and it opens but it’s still at the far side of the pool.

Zepp takes exceptions with Daruya’s choice of words; unvotes Turin and votes Daruya.

Daruya rebuts because words are just words. Recruit, blackmail, threats . . . regardless, Toad Face now knows about us because of the snitch.

Lessa asks about possibility of Polyjuice potion being used to disguise an Inquisitorial Squad member as a DA member (namely, the snitch).

Daruya agrees it’s possible. Daruya also says that Zepp may have opened Slytherin’s door because they are usually scum but it’s also possible he chose it to throw us off the snitch. Daruya suggested she may have selected Ravenclaw first because Hufflepuffs are unfailingly loyal, thereby less suspicious.

Zepp claims to have chosen Slytherin on a whim.

Lessa opens a large chest (where was this chest again?) using ALOHAMORA and gets the contents.

Turin uses ACCIO to obtain contents of small chest and votes Zepp.

Dice says that Daruya doesn’t want us scum hunting and votes Daruya because he says the Squad would most likely be Slytherin.

Daruya agrees that the Squad are most likely Slytherins but there is a traitor that isn’t because there are no Slytherin DA members. (DA members would KNOW this, by the way). Daruya is watching Zepp and Dice but isn’t going to OMGUS vote.

Darth votes Daruya without any reasoning. Turin asks why.

DJ uses Alohamora to open the Hufflepuff door. Inside is a small locked chest. Beyond it is a great pit. At the bottom is a keystone and slot for it in the rock wall.

Lessa asks Darth why he likes the Daruya vote and peers into the pit.

Devil’s Advocate expounds upon why it’s wrong to hate on Slytherin and says he won’t for Daruya because she chose to open the Slytherin door. He then uses Alohamora to open the Hufflepuff chest and receives its contents.

DJ agrees with DA to not judge based on house.

A couple people explain that Daruya isn’t the one who opened the Slytherin door.

Ben votes Daruya because he thinks the other thread she was talking about was the QT thread. (Aside: Has he even looked at the other HP Week events? For example, the Troll Hunt thread?)

DA says Daruya’s posts have been a bit confusing but isn’t lynch-worthy yet.

Various discussions about the game.

Rhea says she understands and agrees with Daruya about the snitch.

Ben says his vote for Daruya is grasping at D1 straws.

Charis says she doesn’t see anything yet to merit a vote.

Daruya explains what the confusion was between the two games (Troll Hunt vs Mafia).

Does that about cover it?

The bolded. He did not claim town. She jumped on it saying he did. So Dar didnt directly come out and say he claimed Seamus, (I'll give you a point for that), but it still looks a lot to me like TMI on Daruya end.

I know that's based on flavor, (Death Eater / Imquisitorial Squad) but Dice did not claim town, and Daruya jumped on it.

But in your post you said Dar said dice claimed Seamus. That was a misrep.

The whole thing you are bringing up about the death eaters is deflection. (It was also something I mentioned in my post regarding this event)

You are changing your arguments because the facts are not in your favour.

[unvote]

[V] Led [/v]

Maybe you should just start posting funny cat pictures.

Still willing to consider voting Elgee or Ed. Anyone else I will need to see a good case.

Also, notice the emphasis on Dices I'M in that quote?

Someone with a quicker wit than I could have caught that as his claim on D1

I really don't know why you are making such a big deal out of Dice's claim. I have a pretty quick wit and I didn't catch it and I have played with Dice on many occasions. Any claim in this game is null to me. Even Darthe's Harry claim because we have no idea who is who in here, we don't know what claims the scum team have and we can't be sure that anyone is telling the truth. I'm pretty sure this has been said before. 

I have a hair appointment this morning and then I have to work in my garden. I will be in and out. We have a little under 12 hours from now if I am not getting the time difference messed up. I am willing to switch my vote to LZM if that is needed. For now I would like to hear more from Lessa. I'll be back!

But in your post you said Dar said dice claimed Seamus. That was a misrep.

The whole thing you are bringing up about the death eaters is deflection. (It was also something I mentioned in my post regarding this event)

You are changing your arguments because the facts are not in your favour.

[unvote]

[V] Led [/v]

Maybe you should just start posting funny cat pictures.

Still willing to consider voting Elgee or Ed. Anyone else I will need to see a good case.

Ya see where I agreed with you on the fact she didn't say that he was Seamus right? I (I'll give you a point for that) was me agreeing she didn't say Seamus.

As for deflecting, I brought the point up, I conceded you were right. If that is deflecting, than I'm a one eyed billy goat and you have the hubris of King Joffrey.

I know you are a smart fella Turin. It's why you are so hard to pin down as scum.

I've noticed you post disparaging things ( cat comment) when you feel you are in a safe spot. You did this to me last game we played. No im not complaining, my skin is tougher than that. But your smugness is stifling and a tell.

You. Are. Scum

And to address the theory that's sprouted up about me being the only one alive out of those who voted Daruya, think for a minute. Use ya brains.

I was the first one to vote her. I parked my vote there the majority of D1. Why in the name of all that is holy would I single myself out by killing everyone else on that wagon if I was scum? What would I gain?

No, Turin is our scum here. I'm back and forth on Daruya, and I was torn between Lessa and Elgee.

My town list so far is much shorter. Me and Verbal.

That's my take on it.

What is your case on me again?

You have hard defended Daruya for two game days now. Either you are sticking your neck out for her, which I don't see you doing for anybody you haven't mod confirmed town, or she is your scum mate.

Option two makes more sense

Also, notice the emphasis on Dices I'M in that quote?

Someone with a quicker wit than I could have caught that as his claim on D1

I really don't know why you are making such a big deal out of Dice's claim. I have a pretty quick wit and I didn't catch it and I have played with Dice on many occasions. Any claim in this game is null to me. Even Darthe's Harry claim because we have no idea who is who in here, we don't know what claims the scum team have and we can't be sure that anyone is telling the truth. I'm pretty sure this has been said before.

A claim is indeed null, until the flip. Then it's evidence. It's a place to start putting bread crumbs together.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I could be going for a home run and strike out on this. It already looks like it's heading that direction. But it's what caught my attention, and as town I'm obligated to follow whatever leads I can.

The whole rest of the class may not like it. You all may curse my name for generations to come if I'm wrong. I don't care. I will address what I feel needs addressed, regardless of the popular opinion. To do less is to not play the game.

Turin has hard defended Daruya for two game days. Turin is much smarter than I. Nobody hard defends someone without mod confirmation, unless they aren't too bright. Turin is not a dumb man. This leads me to believe they are a team.

Again, I could very well be wrong. Won't be the first or the last time that happens, but I'll be a monkeys uncle if I'm not gonna follow my brain and my gut. Regardless of how you all feel

As to "story progression" has the Ravenclaw door been opened yet? Just wanted to see if anyone knew. Not that I really want to use my spell to open the door, but willing to do so to move us along.

No it hasn't.