DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we completed the Gryffindor long path now? The large chest blew up when the path was cleared, but I'm not sure what is down that tunnel.

*holds her wand out in front and steps over the rubble to move into the path*

Lets keep going guys!

@ Verb. I don't understand what it is you need to clarify from Daruya and Turin, Verb. Why is it so important to know why they didn't unvote? I do believe Turin was asleep and Dar gave a pretty good explanation. You, Verb, were expecting Darthe to respond to Dar's post with 3 min to deadline and her to make a reply and unvote based on that reply? I really don't think there was time at that point. And now you are trying to use that to push her being scum? I think we need more than that to go on. 

If you read my post, I said these were the 2 that posted before DL, which was after Darthe's reveal.  So yeah, there was PLENTY of time to question/unvote/whatever.

But the second post that you are referring to is 5 min after the deadline, so I do not see your logic. 3 minutes is not plenty of time. 

Recapping Day 1

Daruya uses her spell Lumos.

LZM uses his spell Alohamora to open Slytherin. Then votes Turin with no explination (day 1 joke vote I'm guessing). 

GBen uses his spell Confundo on the Troll.

Dice first post of the game reveals his character to everyone (though no one gets it at the time) then uses his spell Finite Incantatem to clear the path.

Turin joins the game and starts asking LZM questions about his knowledge of HP who responds that he is very familiar. Then wants to know why he chose the Slytherin door first. LDM retorts that that is the place to weed out scum. 

Darthe enters the game and uses his spell Wingardium Leviosa.

DarJen posts and her first thing to do is ask a technical game question.

Verbal posts and is on his phone.

Elgee joins and quotes LZM agreeing that looking for scum in Slytherin is "good thinking". Daruya then agrees with this but then changes her mind because she's getting her games mixed up.

Rhea is here! Casts Alohamora.

Dar comes back to elborate on the traitor/snitch and how they will be in one of the other 3 houses. Now she sus of LZM.

Verbal posts flavor here. Which will be an interesting fact later on.

LZM unvotes Turin and votes for Dar. 

This is where the semantics start over traitor/snitch, slytherin, etc.

Lessa shows up asking Dar about polyjuice potion.

Dar posts more about LZM and which door she would have chosen.

LZM says he chose Slytherin on a whim.

Lessa opens the chest.

Turin  votes for LZM for changing his story. Thinks Dar is town due to her thought process.

Turin gets a chest.

Dice shows up again, quotes Darthe and Daruya, then votes Dar because he thinks she doesn't want us scum hunting. 

Darthe likes the Dar votes and so votes Dar. 

DarJen opens Hufflepuff.

Devil shows up and gives us background on Slytherin and fandoms etc. Then opens the small Hufflepuff chest.

DarJen agrees with Devil not judging because of the house,

GBen votes for Dar because she's confused her games. Then he goes back n forth with Devil about making assumptions over the houses. 

Charis posts! Appears to agree with Dar then opens a chest. 

Ed pops in and votes Charis for no reason.

Dice diasgrees with Devil in that there are No Slytherins in the DA and this game is Dumbledores Army. 

Gben thinks he struck a nerve with Daruya. 

Turin seems even more convinced that Dar is town. Goes back n forth with Dice about safe claims, etc.

Verbal says that it is sometimes easier to find the obvious townies first and use that to narrow the pool with a quote from Dar, indicates to me that he thinks Dar is in fact town. http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/101213-harry-potter-week-dumbledores-army-mafia-game-thread-day-2/?p=3830223 Wants everyone to scum hunt. 

Dar is sus of Devil and agrees with Dice.

Verb asks Dar what is the point in speculating what house scum are in and thinks it is pointless conversations to look like gameplay. 

Verbal thinks this looks like TMI.

Devil is looking more townie to me. 

Elgee says shes going to do a reread and post thoughts. She opens a chest and then Votes Dar for ticking two of her three boxes.

Verbal doesn’t recall any reasons to vote Dar.

Says she thinks Dar is town then Votes Darthe and starts that whole thing. 

Turin thinks Verb is town. Wants to know who Verb would shoot. He choses Dice because Dice is “looking busy”.

He is voting for Dar because he thinks she’s trying to distract us from hunting scum. 

GBen switches his vote to Darthe. 

It all pretty much goes down hill from there. 

Darthe says that Bens vote on him looks ok but Lessa’s warrants some digging.

Charis opens Gryffindor. Votes  Darthe. 

Ed votes for Turin. 

Turin votes for Darthe. Cause trains.

Daruya votes for Darthe.

DraJen says she’s going to look at things. Turin asks her for other candidates/reasons to vote for others but won’t vote for Dar because he’s sure she’s town. 

Verbal asks for people to step back from the fandom/flavor to find scum the old fashioned way. He thinks that those who are paying more attention to the flavor of the game are the ones we should be looking at as anti-town. 

Elgee thinks Dar is trying to get people against LZM. 

Rhea isn’t convinced on either train. Votes Dar.

DarJen votes Darthe.

Dice @ Turin have you ever read me as Town Day 1? (I haven’t!) @Verbal you seem very bent out of shape over people considering flavor, kind of too much. 

Verbal is dropping it because he’s not getting through to anyone. He thinks it will drail the game and become a minigame of it’s own, but yet dropping it. 

Verbal votes DarJen

Devil votes Darjen

Darthe claims Harry

GBen says Darthe just pops in and votes, etc…those who know Darthe in Mafia know this is normal. 

Darthe is convinced DarJen is scum. 

Bacn n forth with Darthe and GBen. GBen asks DarJen was she means by “incriminating and questioning” I think that is worthy of an answer, given the outcome. I’m not saying I agree with Darthe, but it would be nice to have that answered. 

Day 2

LZM recapping – Gets a chest. Votes Verb. Starts to think Dar is scum. Unvotes. Now thinks she is null. Says top lynch candidates for him would be Turin, Lessa, Daruya.

Charis blows up the path and the chest. 

There is a bedtime book read.

And claims to be Dean Thomas.

Verbal “kill to silence” is a valid defense? Agrees with Dar on LZM votes Dar D1 and then goes in another direction “even after the deaths of the rest of that train.....it looks weird”. I agree. 

Verbal thinks Ben, Dar and Turin should have changed their vote after the role claim by Darthe. 

I understand Daruya’s reasoning for not unvoting Darthe. Cloudfare is a thing and there was very little time. But if she’s accusing LZM of being Mafia then why not just vote now? Still, I am pretty well convinced Daruya is town. 

Elgee agrees that we need to find out about Turin and Dar. Both Turin and Dar seem to be accusing LZM of being mafia “I think?”. 

Turin has also claimed town. Rightly so, I do agree that there is not any reason to believe anyone in this game. Harry Potter was a big name to use as a claim and not likely to be a fake claim but…hindsight. 
Turin has good answers for Verb IMO

Turin votes Ed for lack of any real contribution.

Lessa was not asked why she didn’t unvote Darthe (I don’t see that anywhere) and yet she is answering Verb. I find this all very odd. And then… Does this post feel like a set up? http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/101213-harry-potter-week-dumbledores-army-mafia-game-thread-day-2/?p=3831316[/spioler]

Town read. Me, Turin, Dar

Unsure. Devil. Verb, Elgee, Ed, Charis, DarJen 

Scum. Lessa, LZM

I will  [v]Lessa[/v]. She got Harry Potter Darthe killed. It seemed opportunistic to me then and does still. I don’t like that it feels like she’s setting up Dar, another opportunistic play. I feel like she’s being defensive when she wasn’t even called out. 

I’m willing to go LZM and could make a case that way too. But right now I want more out of Lessa. 

Have we completed the Gryffindor long path now? The large chest blew up when the path was cleared, but I'm not sure what is down that tunnel.

Lets keep going guys!

this path is not complete. I think I know what to do but I want someone I'm confident is town and has a spell to assist me.

Rhea, my "following" concern is based on posts that seem to be agreeing with others. To put it another way A lack of original content in my opinion. I only have my phone at present so can't quote and explain better.

I'm working again tonight so will be mostly absent running up to deadline. I will try to give my thoughts on everyone soon.

ROSTER:

1. Turin Turambar: TTT

2. Lessa Nikia: Polyjuice thing was weird. Not much in way of memorable posts

3. ed2funy: absent most of the game.

4. Elgee:don't like her cote on Dar. The "reasoning" doesn't match up to me.

5. Rhea: following early IMO, possibly looking to pocket. Some solid posts though. Not a high priority for me.

6. Devil's Advocate:been quiet mostly would liketo hear more.

7. Verbal32: early town read. Bit worried about how he said to not use flavour early but willing to totally accept a late character claim as reason to back off someone.

8. LedZepMan: still don't like the slytherin door choice. Like his changing reason even less. Also not liking the misrep on Dar about Dice's claim.

9. Gentled Ben (m: Nyn) - Neville Longbottom, Town - Killed D1

10. dicetosser1 - Seamus Finnigan, Town - Killed N1

11. Dar'Jen Ab Owain: New quiet, please speak up more. Also please re-explain your thought process on your Darthe vote.

12. Darthe - Harry Potter, Town - Lynched D1

13. Daruya: still think likely town. I may just be refusing to admit mistake tho. I thought early posts were real and not trying to push an agenda. Will re-evaluate.

14. charis sedai: also mostly quiet. Seems to be trying tho. Come on Charis, give us more thoughts.

When I pulled up the roster I noticed something I had not before. Ben is listed as killed on Day 1. To me this means his death was related to Darthe's in some way that is not clear at this time. so anyone suggesting that it was related to a Night action is imo wrong and might be purposely pushing a false theory to put suspicion on the people that got items.

Turin, I didn't catch that about Ben till I read your roster post just now. Do you think it was connected with Harry or something in one of the chests?

I'll be out of pocket till probably late afternoon. Getting ready to go with my youngest to get his car re-keyed at the dealership where we bought his car. 2 hours to drive over, 1 hour there, 2 hours to drive home.

By the way, I have a spell and can help once I get back from Pensacola, unless you can explain in the next half hour what you have in mind. I'll try to check back before I leave at 0730 (30 minutes from now).

I'll also take my tablet to try to keep up but for some reason I can't post from it. Every time I try to "type" something on my tablet, whether on Facebook or e-mail (and I'm going to assume it will be the same at DM), whenever I type something, it deletes each word as soon as I put a space to start the next word. Talk about frustrating . . .

Lets keep going guys!

this path is not complete. I think I know what to do but I want someone I'm confident is town and has a spell to assist me.

I just woke up but I'm here and I have a spell to use. Please explain the plan as I want to help! I think it is important for us to keep searching the tunnels.

*wand at the ready*

Rhea, my "following" concern is based on posts that seem to be agreeing with others. To put it another way A lack of original content in my opinion. I only have my phone at present so can't quote and explain better.

I'm working again tonight so will be mostly absent running up to deadline. I will try to give my thoughts on everyone soon.

That is fair.

And to address the theory that's sprouted up about me being the only one alive out of those who voted Daruya, think for a minute. Use ya brains.

I was the first one to vote her. I parked my vote there the majority of D1. Why in the name of all that is holy would I single myself out by killing everyone else on that wagon if I was scum? What would I gain?

No, Turin is our scum here. I'm back and forth on Daruya, and I was torn between Lessa and Elgee.

My town list so far is much shorter. Me and Verbal.

That's my take on it.

How is that a misrep Turin? She saw it, she said she saw it. The more you keep defending her the more you are convincing me that you and her are scum.

[v]Turin[/v]

She noticed him claim town. Everyone claims town. You said she said he claimed Seamus. This was false. Therefore you misrepresented what she in fact said. It is quite clear. You may have backed away from it but you definitely misrepped her statement.

And to address the theory that's sprouted up about me being the only one alive out of those who voted Daruya, think for a minute. Use ya brains.

I was the first one to vote her. I parked my vote there the majority of D1. Why in the name of all that is holy would I single myself out by killing everyone else on that wagon if I was scum? What would I gain?

No, Turin is our scum here. I'm back and forth on Daruya, and I was torn between Lessa and Elgee.

My town list so far is much shorter. Me and Verbal.

That's my take on it.

What is your case on me again?