DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not normally this quiet during a game, is it? Maybe because it's Saturday morning?

Real life gets in the way of gaming lol. It's why I can't post much during the day M-F. Although I expect at least one scum to be a lurker.

That sounds so harsh when you say it that way.

You two do seem to be making the main arguments for today thus far, so I'll read over them again, and post in a bit.

Harsh it is. The world is not a kind place.

The priority at this point should be getting an answer for why Turin & Daruya did not unvote. Based on those answers, we can continue to analyze votes and discuss......but this is a major issue that needs to be resolved, pronto.

Worked till 12:30, in class till 5:15, back to work till 7:30, grocery store stop on the way home, home after 8:30, supper, homework,and then checking in at DM just before 9:00 (central time) and getting Cloudflared.

I did post at what I thought was just before deadline and my post was Cloudflared. When it went through, I saw Darthe's post about it being night. My post actually posted after his so mine ended up posting after deadline. I had no time to change my vote or query Darthe further re: his claim. I had thought he was claiming Lupin with his "wolfy" comment which is why I asked what it meant.

And, yes, I am pretty much accusing Zepp of being mafia. I haven't voted him but he's at the very top of my list of suspects. I think he may have changed his vote when he realized Darthe had enough votes for a lynch so that he wouldn't be suspected but I'd have to go back and look how the voting went down there at the end. I can't do that now because I'm headed to class.

Rhea, in answer to your question to me, yes.

What are you talking about? I voted Turin early D1 for half a day, then voted you and parked it there. I did not vote for Darthe. I thought about it, speculated it ITT, but I did not.

Back for two seconds!

I think that things are going the way of Turin or LZM today. I wish more people would post but alas, weekends seem to be slower for the site overall. I have to go for a few hours now. 

*pokes the game*

Back for two seconds!

I think that things are going the way of Turin or LZM today. I wish more people would post but alas, weekends seem to be slower for the site overall. I have to go for a few hours now.

*pokes the game*

Cast a vote. I'd prefer if it were for Turin but I won't complain if it's for me. Someone has to hang.

Polar bear, polar bear what do you HEAR?

I hear a lion, roaring in my ear.

I fixed it for you Charis btw.

Thank you, dear. It's probably been 20 years since I've even seen that book lololol

Another day before us. Joy.

Wait? The chest had a bomb? Did the bomb do anything? I think I lost something somewhere.

So apparently, LZM's chest had a bomb inside it? But no, as we see now, the Large Gryff chest got blown up when I cleared the rubble. My bad. Good work y'all for fixing it!

So here are the people who were voting Darthe when he revealed:

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Of those, only Ben, Turin, and Daruya posted before the actual day ended.....which means they had time to unvote and no excuse like the others have of "I wasn't here to see the claim from Darthe".

That you guys pushed through a lynch on a Harry Potter claim blows my mind.  Did you really think Harry freakin' Potter would have been a safe fake claim scum had?

Ben is dead and was town (I can't wait to hear his reason for not unvoting, lol)............but both Turin & Daruya posted before deadline, and did not unvote.

I want to know why.  Today.

Honestly, Verb, I didn't see the reveal until after deadline. I'm just not super active on the site, and that's my bad. I would have reconsidered a vote too, but IIRC his reveal was kind of a  "fine, you're gonna lynch Harry effing Potter today then" thing, which IMO could have been a little hard to credit *shrug*. Like I said, it's just the way my activity fell out at the time. 

[V] ed[/v]

His total contribution on D1 was a joke vote on charis and a wasted vote on me. Need more than that from him.

Agreed. 

Lessa: I do think that it is odd that of those who voted for Dar on D1, LZM is alive. I think that the mafia are trying to set her up for the suspicion and that it is someone who didn't have much to say about what was happening to her. I'm going to go back through the thread to confirm my theory.

I agreed with this when I decided to quote is (ad then I deleted part of the tag, but it's a Lessa quote, sorry for the confusion)... but I've since stepped back from that, I think

I will  [v]Lessa[/v]. She got Harry Potter Darthe killed. It seemed opportunistic to me then and does still. I don’t like that it feels like she’s setting up Dar, another opportunistic play. I feel like she’s being defensive when she wasn’t even called out. 

I’m willing to go LZM and could make a case that way too. But right now I want more out of Lessa. 

As far as being defensive, I read Verbal's post, above, as calling all of us who voted Darthe out to hear why we didn't unvote. I can see he was mostly interested in Daruya and Turin, but it sure sounds like he wanted to hear from all of us, which is why I also responded to it. 

Also, notice the emphasis on Dices I'M in that quote?

Someone with a quicker wit than I could have caught that as his claim on D1

I really don't know why you are making such a big deal out of Dice's claim. I have a pretty quick wit and I didn't catch it and I have played with Dice on many occasions. Any claim in this game is null to me. Even Darthe's Harry claim because we have no idea who is who in here, we don't know what claims the scum team have and we can't be sure that anyone is telling the truth. I'm pretty sure this has been said before.

A claim is indeed null, until the flip. Then it's evidence. It's a place to start putting bread crumbs together.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I could be going for a home run and strike out on this. It already looks like it's heading that direction. But it's what caught my attention, and as town I'm obligated to follow whatever leads I can.

The whole rest of the class may not like it. You all may curse my name for generations to come if I'm wrong. I don't care. I will address what I feel needs addressed, regardless of the popular opinion. To do less is to not play the game.

Turin has hard defended Daruya for two game days. Turin is much smarter than I. Nobody hard defends someone without mod confirmation, unless they aren't too bright. Turin is not a dumb man. This leads me to believe they are a team.

Again, I could very well be wrong. Won't be the first or the last time that happens, but I'll be a monkeys uncle if I'm not gonna follow my brain and my gut. Regardless of how you all feel

This is a VERY VERY compelling argument for me.

So, right now, for me, I agree, its LZM or Turin. 

EVIDENCE against LZM:

-only person left standing who voted for Daruya

-gunning HARD for Turin

Evidence against Turin:

-He seems somehow very confident that Dar is not scum. I would like to know why he seems to think that, as I agree, it seems like maybe he's had a confirmation somehow? Could that have been his treasure? 

Also, someone either cast lumos so we can see if we're supposed to go further from the doors or open the ravenclaw door. I've already used my spell for today just to further stuff for us... so.... we can't all get treasures

• RP - LEGACY

Stands before Ravenclaw door and says, "Alohomora".

Hope that moves things along. There's my spell for the day.

Have things I've got to go take care of, but I'll be back after bit.

As of right now the pull does seem to be either lynch Turin or LZM. Hoping someone else may have an argument, but there is definitely convincing evidence against the both, but I suppose that also depends on what side we believe Daruya is on.

I think I'm getting a headache.

Back for two seconds!

*pokes the game*

Cast a vote. I'd prefer if it were for Turin but I won't complain if it's for me. Someone has to hang.

I did cast a vote, LZM.

I will  [v]Lessa[/v]. She got Harry Potter Darthe killed. It seemed opportunistic to me then and does still. I don’t like that it feels like she’s setting up Dar, another opportunistic play. I feel like she’s being defensive when she wasn’t even called out. 

I’m willing to go LZM and could make a case that way too. But right now I want more out of Lessa. 

I am not willing to vote for Turin today. I think he is town and I said so in my recap. From my reread I am still pretty sure about Lessa being scum. 

Charis is also starting to look more guilty to me. Verbs post asking for explanations is pretty clear that he was speaking to Turin and Dar. Both Lessa and Charis felt the need to defend themselves when it was obvious that they had not posted after Darthe claimed Harry. I don't buy the "it sure sounds like he wanted to hear from all of us" excuse. Because it didn't. 

Back for two seconds!

*pokes the game*

I did cast a vote, LZM.

I will [v]Lessa[/v]. She got Harry Potter Darthe killed. It seemed opportunistic to me then and does still. I don’t like that it feels like she’s setting up Dar, another opportunistic play. I feel like she’s being defensive when she wasn’t even called out.

I am not willing to vote for Turin today. I think he is town and I said so in my recap. From my reread I am still pretty sure about Lessa being scum.

Than vote for me. Don't waste your vote. Which it is in this instance.

Unless you are trying to distance your scum self from what is going to be a major plot point in this game so you can claim plausible deniability.

Polar bear, polar bear what do you HEAR?

I hear a lion, roaring in my ear.

I fixed it for you Charis btw.

Thank you, dear. It's probably been 20 years since I've even seen that book lololol

Another day before us. Joy.

Wait? The chest had a bomb? Did the bomb do anything? I think I lost something somewhere.

So apparently, LZM's chest had a bomb inside it? But no, as we see now, the Large Gryff chest got blown up when I cleared the rubble. My bad. Good work y'all for fixing it!

So here are the people who were voting Darthe when he revealed:

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Of those, only Ben, Turin, and Daruya posted before the actual day ended.....which means they had time to unvote and no excuse like the others have of "I wasn't here to see the claim from Darthe".

That you guys pushed through a lynch on a Harry Potter claim blows my mind. Did you really think Harry freakin' Potter would have been a safe fake claim scum had?

Ben is dead and was town (I can't wait to hear his reason for not unvoting, lol)............but both Turin & Daruya posted before deadline, and did not unvote.

I want to know why. Today.

Honestly, Verb, I didn't see the reveal until after deadline. I'm just not super active on the site, and that's my bad. I would have reconsidered a vote too, but IIRC his reveal was kind of a "fine, you're gonna lynch Harry effing Potter today then" thing, which IMO could have been a little hard to credit *shrug*. Like I said, it's just the way my activity fell out at the time.

[V] ed[/v]

His total contribution on D1 was a joke vote on charis and a wasted vote on me. Need more than that from him.

Agreed.

Lessa: I do think that it is odd that of those who voted for Dar on D1, LZM is alive. I think that the mafia are trying to set her up for the suspicion and that it is someone who didn't have much to say about what was happening to her. I'm going to go back through the thread to confirm my theory.

I agreed with this when I decided to quote is (ad then I deleted part of the tag, but it's a Lessa quote, sorry for the confusion)... but I've since stepped back from that, I think

I will [v]Lessa[/v]. She got Harry Potter Darthe killed. It seemed opportunistic to me then and does still. I don’t like that it feels like she’s setting up Dar, another opportunistic play. I feel like she’s being defensive when she wasn’t even called out.

As far as being defensive, I read Verbal's post, above, as calling all of us who voted Darthe out to hear why we didn't unvote. I can see he was mostly interested in Daruya and Turin, but it sure sounds like he wanted to hear from all of us, which is why I also responded to it.

Also, notice the emphasis on Dices I'M in that quote?

Someone with a quicker wit than I could have caught that as his claim on D1

I really don't know why you are making such a big deal out of Dice's claim. I have a pretty quick wit and I didn't catch it and I have played with Dice on many occasions. Any claim in this game is null to me. Even Darthe's Harry claim because we have no idea who is who in here, we don't know what claims the scum team have and we can't be sure that anyone is telling the truth. I'm pretty sure this has been said before.
A claim is indeed null, until the flip. Then it's evidence. It's a place to start putting bread crumbs together.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I could be going for a home run and strike out on this. It already looks like it's heading that direction. But it's what caught my attention, and as town I'm obligated to follow whatever leads I can.

The whole rest of the class may not like it. You all may curse my name for generations to come if I'm wrong. I don't care. I will address what I feel needs addressed, regardless of the popular opinion. To do less is to not play the game.

Turin has hard defended Daruya for two game days. Turin is much smarter than I. Nobody hard defends someone without mod confirmation, unless they aren't too bright. Turin is not a dumb man. This leads me to believe they are a team.

Again, I could very well be wrong. Won't be the first or the last time that happens, but I'll be a monkeys uncle if I'm not gonna follow my brain and my gut. Regardless of how you all feel

This is a VERY VERY compelling argument for me.

So, right now, for me, I agree, its LZM or Turin.

EVIDENCE against LZM:

-only person left standing who voted for Daruya

-gunning HARD for Turin

Evidence against Turin:

-He seems somehow very confident that Dar is not scum. I would like to know why he seems to think that, as I agree, it seems like maybe he's had a confirmation somehow? Could that have been his treasure?

Also, someone either cast lumos so we can see if we're supposed to go further from the doors or open the ravenclaw door. I've already used my spell for today just to further stuff for us... so.... we can't all get treasures

The bolded gives credence to my claim. If I was scum this would only serve to point me out, as it already has.

The ones pointing this out are the ones pushing hard to lynch me. Don't fall for it. I must have struck the nerves of scum to prompt such a sly directive.

I'll go to my death willingly, and look each of you in the eye with remorse. I will not scream curses, or plead. With luck, my arguments and alignment will bring the rest of Dumbledores Army together to bring down the cowards amongst us.

Assuming that this route will follow the same format as the other two, I'm going to preemptively cast Alohomora: Ravenclaw small chest

My prize from the previous chest was a 1x ability that should come in handy at some point. I used it last night on a player who feels town to me, to give them a little bit of help. They are aware that I used the ability on them. I won't reveal any more about the ability unless it is rendered useless or if revealing it could help with scumhunting, but I am fine with the person who I used it on revealing it in full if they feel it to be necessary.

Looking at the interaction between Led and Turin, I am fairly confident in assuming that one of them is probably scum.

Of the two, I feel that Turin appears to be more scummy, however - looking at the case against Turin, it only makes sense for them to be scum if Daruya is also scum.

Thunking back to the events of yesterday, Daruya was the main candidate for the first part of the day, and then someone(I don't remember who sorry) placed a vote for Darthe - it could have been a mistake from a townie which the mafia decided to capitalise on, or it could have been a deliberate play from a mafioso attempting to divert attention away from their scumbuddy.

This is of course dependent on the idea that Daruya is scum, but if this does turn out to be the case then in either of the two scenarios mentioned above I am fairly certain that there was a degree 9f mafia influence.

Even if Daruya is not scum, there are far too many questions surrounding them, and all the other cases seem to revolve around Daruya at their nucleus. Lynching them will clear the air, allowing us to look at those who were for or against Daruya over the course of the game, providing us with a great deal of information regardless of their alignment.

As such, I hereby vote [v]Daruya[/v] in an attempt to ascertain the degree of legitimacy to Led's claim regarding Turin's supposed guilt.