A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we name-claiming already on Day 1? :ohmy:

Darthe, when I first saw you post something about a wolf (or wolfy) I thought you were hinting at being Lupin and I started rethinking my vote. Now you're claiming Harry which really makes me rethink. Light! I wish we had more time before deadline. 

Dumbledore's Army had been very successful throughout the day. They cheered each other forward each time they came across a seemingly lost relic from deep within Hogwarts Castle. Some disagreements arose as time wore on, and as everyone got hungrier and more exhausted, tempers also began to rise.

An agreement has to be reached, was the feeling in these dark tunnels between the members of the DA. Surely if we can all reach one decision, it must be that we have found the traitor. It seemed as though things would all be well as soon as they could make a decision. Maybe the Room of Requirement would let them out of this underground maze if it knew there were only those who meant to do good left in the DA. Yes, that would do it.

Eventually, they did reach a decision, and they grouped together before one person. Shouting accusations, they all began to feel the heat of the moment, some even drew their wands, as they cornered their prey. One person knocked into another, and a wand shot up in the air, a jet of red light flying out from it’s tip and hitting a stalactite hanging above. The stalactite fell, crushing the person cowering in the corner, and stunning the group of students gathered before him.

Darthe has been lynched.

He was:

Harry Potter, Town aligned

wuqQO95.jpg

Edited by Adella

After the shock wears off, everyone begins to back away from the fallen stalactite. Suddenly one student trips as they step backwards, and as they turn to look at what they had fallen over, they find a familiar face staring up at them from the ground.

Gentled Ben is dead.

He was:

Neville Longbottom, Town aligned

vFZTmrL.jpg

Deciding to sleep all in one room, everyone laid down for sleep at the bottom of the ramp that had deposited them down in these tunnels. There were some who seemed unable to sleep. The space down here was both too quiet, yet eerily loud with dripping water, the squeaks of tiny critters, and the sound of wind blowing through cracks in the rock.

A couple of the students seemed to toss and turn more than others, but no one noticed anything out of the ordinary. Sleep seemed to come for everyone at one time or another, fitfil though it may have been.

Seamus was one who couldn’t still his mind to sleep no matter what he tried. A sudden idea crossed his mind, and he wandered a bit away from the sleeping students to try something from a few years ago. It had to go better than last time, he knew much more about magic now!

Carrying a flask of water he had found lying around, he pointed his wand at the water and said, “eye of rabbit, harpstring him, turn this water into rum!” ….Nothing happened. He repeated the spell, flicking his wand, “eye of rabbit, harpstring hum, turn this water into rum!!” A pop of smoke appeared above the water, and Seamus’ eye lit up with glee. As he raised the flask to find out his level of success, someone else crept up behind him and raised a rock, hitting him on the back of the head. He crumpled to the ground, his lips dry, and the flask of rum tumbled from his hand, spilling out across the ground.

Dice is dead.

He was:

Seamus Finnigan, Town Aligned

BC6Jp4N.jpg

Keep in mind after this that Ben has had ample chance to move.

I stand firmly by the Dar vote. Ben probably doesn't deserve tons of heat from this, but he definitely knows better and ya'll will know better later. At best this makes him irrelevant,in the sense that it's proven his judgement to be severely questionable.

If push comes to shove, kill him and don't look back.

The bolded. Does that sound like a man with a revenge kill?

Now, off to see how Dice is connected.

YES!!! No DEATHEATER FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks a pint

ae965a32d47c1608e5f78d06e3b2b203fa7f65a3

if you think IM trying to levitate that thing think again!!

Spell name Finite Incantatem! at the magical explosion in the middle of the path

Dice actually claimed his role here.

I'm rereAding btw.

And why is Slytherin the wrong choice? Just cuz it produces more Death Eaters per capita?

Seems like that's the place to be to weed out scum. Go where your prey is.

Good thinking, there.

Hmmm. Rings alarm bells in retrospect. Not sure why.

What's our status here? Are we trying to get that chest open? Where is the troll?

And who are you people?!

Why did you ask this Verb? You a little confused now that the veritaserum wore off? Not sure who your companions are?

[v]Verbal[/v] for now.

Hey all, this seems like the right time to go ahead and

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA

tell the truth Darthe thats the only spell that you know what it does right??

We all know the immediate traitor has to be someone in Dumbledore's Army. As there are no Slytherins in DA, we need to start by finding the snitch (and I'm not talking about Quidditch here). No, the snitch has to be someone in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. It makes more sense to check there first, so now I'm suspicious of Led's choice of going through the Slytherin door first. If we find the snitch, we'll find the ones who recruited him or her.

doesnt want us scum hunting. the Inquisitorial squad would most likely be slytherins.

vote dar

The bolded. Dice calls Dar out on "appearing" to hunt. First interaction I see from him that builds a bridge.

Why don't you want to go after the snitch, Dice? We already know the Inquisitorial Squad are all Toad Face's pet Slytherins. I want to know who ratted us out.

You go after the knowns if you want. I want to find the unknown, the one who gave us up. Although I certainly won't have a problem if we identify one of the Inquisitorial Squad along the way.

I'm loving this new twist on the game, by the way. Adventure game meets mafia. Totally awesome!

Not enough people posting yet for me to vote so I'm holding off for a bit longer. Although, Zepp and Dice, I've got my eyes on you!

giphy.gif

She's watching Dice.

Alarm bells again.

What's our status here? Are we trying to get that chest open? Where is the troll?

And who are you people?!

Why did you ask this Verb? You a little confused now that the veritaserum wore off? Not sure who your companions are?

[v]Verbal[/v] for now.

Idk, that seems like Verby being Verby to me... 

well, y'all... that was... uh... well. Onward.

I have an honest mafia newb question though... I thought this was a game with no PR's? How is it possible that we lost two to stalactites? How could someone have had a revenge kill to start with? I don't get that. 

Hello everyone~ I wasn't expecting such an interesting game format, so I may not end up doing too much on this first day as I'm still getting used to it.

Having said that, I'm afraid I have to disagree with the Slytherin hate. We don't know for sure that there aren't any Slytherins on our side. It seems much more plausible to me that there would be an even mix of players from all houses for the sake of fairness.

Besides, who says Slytherins have to be evil? Slytherins are about cunning, they pick the option that is most likely to lead to their own success. Surely, then, is it not the fault of society that so many Slytherins find that the easiest path to success is that of evil?

Sure, many of the Slytherin pure bloods are heavily prejudiced and treat us poorly - but then what does that make us, if we are equally willing to judge all Slytherins poorly just for the fact that they are Slytherins...? Doesn't that make us just as bad as them?

I don't support prejudice from either side. We're all people, and we shouldn't let the colour of anyone's house affect how we treat anyone as a person.

TLDR: Hating on Slytherin house is dumb, because then you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing them of doing. Judge by person, not by group.

Therefore, I will not be voting for Daruya just because they chose to open the Slytherin door first.Anyone else could have opened another door at any time, since we have enough players to open every door - so the order we open the doors in really doesn't matter.

The bolded. Genuine mistake or slip?