A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Announcement

Try to mind the White Tower's high standard for no drama.

That doesn't mean there's been drama.

Just be mindful. What flies anywhere else isn't necessarily ok here.

I'm sorry. I'll tone it down.

As WT staff (which is the real reason why I am here) I can assure you that nothing has escalated beyond the reasonable expectation of what I understand the game of mafia to be. We are perfectly within the acceptable range if gameplay at this point.

It was the perfect spot for Shad to interject where he did, as a simple reminder and nothing more. No one has crossed any line.

Please continue.

However, if anyone has an issue with anything so far please don't hesitate to send a private message to myself and Shad, and throughout the extent of the game. We are pretty good listeners and the unbiased moderators.

Still don't feel certain about anyone being acumen just yet. There may be those trying to over complicate or even provide too much insight into their decisions.

Ugh! I hate to jump on a band wagon, but as I may not be able to get on thread again before deadline, I'm going to vote now.

Vote: Darthe [\b]

Justification? Well, what others have said. Incriminating and questioning. Can't pull up quotes right now, but since I can't reasonably vote for anyone else, I'll go with Darthe.

Hopefully, after Day 1, things might become clearer.

This is your wolf folks, good work.

[V] darjen [/v]

If anyone wondering what im seeing, really hone in on the bold and weigh it out. As a townie, especially a new and uncertain one, imagine making that statement the way it's being made here. Then imagine it as a new wolf on an easy wagon in a dead game. Ya know, incriminating and questioning and stuff.

Okay, Darthe, I am pulling up your point. You are correct. This is as bad as saying something like "I like these Dar votes," then voting Dar and not explaining it when asked. I will begin grilling her to explain what incriminating and questioning means, and if you hang and are indeed Harry Potter, then she shoots to the top of the wolf list and is surely hung tomorrow, so at you you don't die in vain. Meanwhile, why is what she did legitimately wolfy, and what you did not legitimately wolfy? See, I don't really see a difference between them except that she used more words. Your point is not enough to dissuade me from voting for you, because the point I see you making can be applied to you, too. Any wolf would like votes on a townie. That's legitimately wolfy, too. Even I can see that. Like I said, if we hang you, and you're town, she's Top Wolf to be sure, but right now, what I see (and I have been fluid, as I have flipped back and forth on some players, both in this game and in the previous one I played, so I am trying real hard not to come to a conclusion and then only see things that fit that narrative), is that you are playing like a wolf (a scared wolf right now, but a frightened townie about to be mislynched would act the same, to be fair), and Devil's Advocate is acting like a fellow wolf trying to rescue you. Everything the two of you are doing is almost exactly what I saw from the two wolves (both vets) in the only other game I played, so I don't see what other conclusions I can come to.

Ya'll are sweet.

I'ma PM you if I get lynched tho.  It makes me sad faced.

If you had shown even half this much passion, nay, a third as much passion, in defending your earlier vote on Daruya, you would not be the lead wagon now. If you get lynched, it's because you put your head in the noose.

I don't want to defend that vote.  Do you not get that I specifically do not want that?

Lynches are communal efforts.  Should I die it will be the fault of a couple of lazy townies, a couple of dimmer thoughts, and perhaps a wolf or two playing to their objectives.  I don't have any more responsibility there than those folks do.

Keep in mind after this that Ben has had ample chance to move.

I stand firmly by the Dar vote.  Ben probably doesn't deserve tons of heat from this, but he definitely knows better and ya'll will know better later.  At best this makes him irrelevant, in the sense that it's proven his judgement to be severely questionable.

If push comes to shove, kill him and don't look back.

I think that had people shown up the Harry Potter claim in a vacuum so vastly trumps the case on me that I would have 1 or 0 votes.  

You who play mafia regularly may well be in for a very frustrating game.  Good luck to you friends.

Names mean nothing because anyone can say that they are anyone. Myself, I am Neville Longbottom, and I really am, but I cannot prove it until I am killed or at the end of the game when names are revealed, so it does not matter any more than you (perhaps perfectly-honest) Harry Potter claim. I hope you are not HP, because I dont' want to lynch a townie, but if you are, at least we lynched a townie who did nothing to hunt scum until he was already on the scaffold.

That's actually not true.

Names mean a ton.  If someone else comes in and says they are Neville rn then you're screwed.

And if you think that townies who do nothing D1 are an actual problem, then you should maybe examine the following list:

Daruya (4) - LZM, Dice, Elgee, Rhea

Darthe (6) - Lessa, Ben, Charis, Turin, Daruya, Dar'Jen

Turin (1) - Ed

Dar'Jen (3) - Darthe, Verb, Devil

Try this.  Have a thought.  Weight out "is what I'm about to say stupid"?

Go ahead and write that one down somewhere that you can keep it, like a notepad offline where others won't ever have to read it.

You'll have more success that way.  GLGL Ben, gonna be fun to watch you try and justify this one three days from now.

Try this.  Have a thought.  Weight out "is what I'm about to say stupid"?

Go ahead and write that one down somewhere that you can keep it, like a notepad offline where others won't ever have to read it.

You'll have more success that way.  GLGL Ben, gonna be fun to watch you try and justify this one three days from now.