DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for finding scum, it's really early days so it's a bit like trying to catch a fish using a hand grenade. I try to think what would a Mafia member / scum do - try to stay below the radar, or target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or maybe just create mass confusion?

So far the person who most springs to mind ticks 2 of those boxes, that I can remember from my read of this thread now (sheesh you people post a lot!!), and that person is Daruya. She's confusing the heck out of me, at least. I really hope my suspicions are correct, because I'll feel very guilty if she's just trying to be helpful.

Vote: Daruya

As for finding scum, it's really early days so it's a bit like trying to catch a fish using a hand grenade. I try to think what would a Mafia member / scum do -

1.) try to stay below the radar, or

2.) target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or

3.) maybe just create mass confusion?

So far the person who most springs to mind ticks 2 of those boxes, that I can remember from my read of this thread now (sheesh you people post a lot!!), and that person is Daruya. She's confusing the heck out of me, at least. I really hope my suspicions are correct, because I'll feel very guilty if she's just trying to be helpful.

Which 2 boxes do you think she is ticking? 

Hey all, this seems like the right time to go ahead and

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA

I like the dar votes. [V]dar /v]

Correct. I couldnt care less about the theme or its implications so long as they arent gameplay.

Lets kill something

Darthe, did you call your slank pre-game??

Cause if not you need to step it up. 

if you did...

you need to step it up.

As for finding scum, it's really early days so it's a bit like trying to catch a fish using a hand grenade. I try to think what would a Mafia member / scum do -

1.) try to stay below the radar, or

2.) target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or

3.) maybe just create mass confusion?

Which 2 boxes do you think she is ticking? 

Thanks for tidying my post up ... lol

I think she's hitting boxes 2 and 3.

Ok, I'll pull the chest and somebody else can open it.

Accio: large chest

Success!

Oh hey, I'm not THAT tired yet. 

I'll pull out my wand and cast Alohomora

Failure. You have already cast a spell today.

You're a star, Turin!

Alohomora: Large Hufflepuff chest

Success!

The large chest has been unlocked. Elgee will receive its contents.

With that, you pocket your coin and join in on the practice. This is harder work than you first imagined, but it feels good to go actual magic again, outside of Umbridge's ban on casting actual spells. As time goes by, everyone in the DA seems to be moving along well with their practice, and we all have a firm grasp on at least the basics of each spell.

It wasn't destined to last though....

It was a normal day of practice, or so it seemed, but there was something ominous in the air today.

Just as someone cast "reducto!" a booming crash sounded throughout the room, and the safely barred door splintered. We don't know how, but they have found us.

As the door was rammed again, a hole opened up in the floor, dropping everyone into a tunnel that took us deep beneath the castle.

The Room of Requirement was trying to save us!!

Landing all in a heap at the bottom of this winding tunnel, in the belly of the castle where it seemed no one had been for years, Harry Potter

stood up and announced, "someone has betrayed us!" With that, everyone jumped to their feet and started looking suspiciously

at those who minutes ago had been your most trusted of friends. Unfortunately, no one was wearing a sign that read

!!!!TRAITOR!!!!

We were going to have to use other means to find out who among us was working for Umbridge. In the mean time, we need to explore this place...

Verb, we know the Squad is out to get us. However, it requires a traitor for them to find us. See Harry's comment, above (purple, underlined, bold).

See also the orange underlined sentence. 

That is what led me to believe there is at least one snitch and it was someone we trusted as a member of Dumbledore's Army. So my assumption was at least one snitch and at least 2 Squad members.

At the very least it seemed like a place to start. 

This is semantics - the "traitor" is likely just mafia....same as the squad.  I think you're looking too deep into flavor text.  Just focus on scumhunting and we should be dandy.

LZM - thinks it could potentially be a slip on Dar's part for saying recruitment

- Dar says she doesn't think the traitor went to Toad Face willingly but had to be blackmailed or threatened into betraying us.

Dice - thinks Dar doesn't want us hunting scum, saying the Inquisitorial Squad will be Slytherin's.

- Dar asks Dice why he wouldn't want us going after the snitch since we know the Inquisitorial Squad is after us, so we should root out the snitch.

Darthe - hasn't given a reason, just that he likes the Dar votes

Ben- thinks Dar mixed up the Game Thread and the Mafia QT.

- Dar says that she mixed up the game thread and the Troll Hunt thread

Elgee - says Dar is hitting 2 of 3 boxes for being voted, target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or maybe just create mass confusion

I think Dar is town. If she were mafia, why would she keep talking about the traitor? The way she is responding to everyone is very town for me.

I'm going to Vote: Darthe because he is the only one who does not have a reason for voting Dar, only that he "likes the votes" placed on her. I will keep an eye on those who have voted her however

Drops in to do some reading.

Guess I've got a few things to consider before casting a vote. Due tonight, right?

I've no more spells for today, so sorry I can't help any more.

REad and tell us what you think about the other players. That is the best way you can help.

myself

j/k

Prob Dice, as he should know better when talking semantics about squad vs traitor (both prob just mafia).  We know too little, and he, among others, is just 'looking' busy.

It's only shade if you think it is an unreasonable idea to hold. So are you saying that if say Darthe came and hinted at being Neville you would go "yep. Legit. Darthe is definitely town."

depends how he did it really.

I've never played this game format, and I'm very rusty to say the least. And even though it's been a year I'm still so leery of Dice! LOL I will try to put my past experience aside for this. 

Zep has explained his choice of doors pretty well and I get the thought process of both Zep and Daruya, but it still looks a bit odd to pick Slytherin right out of the gate. Just sayin. 

Can anyone move the keystone at the bottom of the pit?

Hey! I was just doing my job!

You do it well!

People like to make assumptions - I find it's better to address things like this sooner rather than later, especially since a lot of mistakes tend to happen D1 in mafia. If we have a town-sided Slytherin PR, it would be such a waste if they were anxious about being Slytherin and got themselves lynched as a result.

i disagree. im probably gaming the mod here but bear with me.

in the canon there are NO slytherins in the DA and this game IS called Dumbledores Army.

The scum have safe claims this leads me to believe they are names we knoiw and names we would automatically lynch.

Dice, your not making sense here. The mafia have safe claims. I expect those safes will include at least one "major" character and That all the safes will be recognisable. So they could care less about having to claim a character name. They would probably even be willing to hint/breadcrumb one to start with.

That said I don't like devil implying that a PR from slytherin is a possibility. The MOD stated that the game is vanilla. We now know that there are gifts available to earn. There are NO inherent power roles that I can see.

thats my point turin. they HAVE safe claims. therefore i think their REAL characters are things like Draco  names that we would autolynch and names that are slytherin. So i DONT think we will have any town aligned Slytherins. THATS my point.

I had already considered the major names bit and in fact had it in my post but deleted it cause i didnt want to throw that WIFOM out there.

Nice little attempt at Shading at the end of that line there by the way.

Dice, if they have safe claims then they will never tell their real names so it is a fruitless search. we will only learn them when they are lynched.

now im starting to think you are purposefully missing the point. Devil is trying to float that there may be Town Slytherins.

The point is that the canon doesnt support that and the fact that they have safe claims doesnt support that.

it is about Devils idea of a Town slytherin. get it?

And Dice what shade? If you were mafia and had a character you thought was solid you would not claim it in the QT and hint at it from the beginning so you could say look at this it must be true cause I ran with it from the start.

look at my first post then read that line from ure earlier post and think about WHY i think your throwing shade. 

Scary thing is...I am agreeing with you on all this. ^^

I am at work and will be spotty at best. But I will try!

you can actually trust me this game i finally rolled Town in one of these lol

LZM - thinks it could potentially be a slip on Dar's part for saying recruitment

- Dar says she doesn't think the traitor went to Toad Face willingly but had to be blackmailed or threatened into betraying us.

Dice - thinks Dar doesn't want us hunting scum, saying the Inquisitorial Squad will be Slytherin's.

- Dar asks Dice why he wouldn't want us going after the snitch since we know the Inquisitorial Squad is after us, so we should root out the snitch.

Darthe - hasn't given a reason, just that he likes the Dar votes

Ben- thinks Dar mixed up the Game Thread and the Mafia QT.

- Dar says that she mixed up the game thread and the Troll Hunt thread

Elgee - says Dar is hitting 2 of 3 boxes for being voted, target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or maybe just create mass confusion

I think Dar is town. If she were mafia, why would she keep talking about the traitor? The way she is responding to everyone is very town for me.

I'm going to Vote: Darthe because he is the only one who does not have a reason for voting Dar, only that he "likes the votes" placed on her. I will keep an eye on those who have voted her however

if this was a normal game in the mafia boards i could agree with the red  but its not.

these HP games are different. They contain players that dont normally play mafia or even follow along with it. Thus when someone like Dar does this I DONT discount it cause its VERY possible to be awkward play by scum.

the difference in these games is probably what is causing me to make verbal think i should be shot. IIRC these HP games have been very canon based, hence why I am taking it so much into consideration.

myself

j/k

Prob Dice, as he should know better when talking semantics about squad vs traitor (both prob just mafia).  We know too little, and he, among others, is just 'looking' busy.

It seems like the squad vs traitor is what some people are getting on Dar about. From what I've read through its more Dar that is the one causing the question of semantics, though you are pointing to Dice? How do you figure this?

As for those who have votes on them already...

Semantics doesn't really matter and if we want to find scum I think the best thing to do is look to those who are causing the most confusion. Dar is at the top of that list and I think that is why she has so many votes. 

I think Zep made a bad choice and didn't realize it.

I don't know why Ed is voting Charis. I must have missed that post. Where is Ed?

Lessa's vote on Darthe seems opportunistic to me. Not a real good reason behind it. I had heard a long time ago that the 3rd one a train is a likely mafia, but I don't know if this still hold true. Lessa seems to be defending Dar q