DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN. Ok, cool, Can I instead Cast Spell Name:  Alohomora on the Gryffindor door?

Success!

The Gryffindor door creaks and slides open. You peer inside.

edAtOKJ.jpg

A small locked chest lies on the ground before you.

ru7HRS7.jpg

Beyond it, a pile of rubble blocks your way. It is too heavy to levitate. Perhaps it can be destroyed.

Good morning! 

So now we have two competing trains. 

I'm not getting what the case is against Darthe. Can someone explain this to me? "Cause trains" doesn't exactly work for me. 

The jist of the case against Daruya, please correct me if I am wrong, is that she is causing confusion, mistaking Trolls from one thread to another, and arguing semantics. Yes?

All the cases are weak. Honestly, I was leaning more towards voting Lessa for her Polyjuice posts, going along with Dar then voting Darthe. 

Darthe popped in and jumped on the Daruya train by saying that he likes these votes for her, and when he was asked why, he ignored the question. He was asked again, at least once, and he ignored it again, although he posted something in agreement with someone who said they just wanted to kill people, and then, he commented that he understood why I was voting for him but not why someone else was. He was asked why he saw my reasoning, and he hasn't responded. So basically, he's just popping in, piling on, and ignoring requests to explain himself. Maybe he just wants to get lynched and be done with it, as he has his own game to mod as soon as the sign ups are finished. 

Yes, everything is still weak, but we have to start somewhere.

Folks need to stop thinking too much about flavor.  The Slytherin door has zero indication on people's alignments, IMO.

Good morning! 

I'm not getting what the case is against Darthe. Can someone explain this to me? "Cause trains" doesn't exactly work for me. 

The jist of the case against Daruya, please correct me if I am wrong, is that she is causing confusion, mistaking Trolls from one thread to another, and arguing semantics. Yes?

All the cases are weak. Honestly, I was leaning more towards voting Lessa for her Polyjuice posts, going along with Dar then voting Darthe. 

Why Lessa?  The polyjuice posts are irrelevant at this point.  Going along with Dar, and then voting somebody (Darthe) who was ok with the Dar votes, doesn't seem like much of a stretch......so what's the issue?

Darthe popped in and jumped on the Daruya train by saying that he likes these votes for her, and when he was asked why, he ignored the question. He was asked again, at least once, and he ignored it again, although he posted something in agreement with someone who said they just wanted to kill people, and then, he commented that he understood why I was voting for him but not why someone else was. He was asked why he saw my reasoning, and he hasn't responded. So basically, he's just popping in, piling on, and ignoring requests to explain himself. Maybe he just wants to get lynched and be done with it, as he has his own game to mod as soon as the sign ups are finished. 

Yes, everything is still weak, but we have to start somewhere.

Darthes behavior seems pretty Darthey from what I can remember. The popping in, not explaining much, etc. So I'm not seeing it the same way you are I guess. 

Folks need to stop thinking too much about flavor.  The Slytherin door has zero indication on people's alignments, IMO.

Good morning! 

Why Lessa?  The polyjuice posts are irrelevant at this point.  Going along with Dar, and then voting somebody (Darthe) who was ok with the Dar votes, doesn't seem like much of a stretch......so what's the issue?

I don't think anything is irrelevant. There were/are other people on the Dar train, and with her buddying up to Dar then voting Darthe doesn't it feel like she's trying to get the pressure of Dar? It also looks like it's working. But that is just my thought and I know it's thin, I'm just trying to think this all through. 

PS. I am at work now so I will be spotty today. 

Rhea, I beg to differ on being a seasoned mafia player. If I play, it's not even once/year and I can probably count the games I've played since joining DM in 2006 on 2 hands. I don't know why people always think I'm a seasoned player . . . :blink:

Because of that, I am not familiar with how any of you play so when someone who plays regularly says "Oh, he always plays like that" is not sufficient for me to go on.

So that I can get a vote in before deadline, I'm going with Darthe. This isn't an OMGUS vote. He has contributed little to the speculation and has avoided direct questions.

Vote Darthe.

By the way, can someone refresh my memory what the html code is to do the votes other than changing the color and bolding? 

Rhea, I beg to differ on being a seasoned mafia player. If I play, it's not even once/year and I can probably count the games I've played since joining DM in 2006 on 2 hands. I don't know why people always think I'm a seasoned player . . . :blink:

Because of that, I am not familiar with how any of you play so when someone who plays regularly says "Oh, he always plays like that" is not sufficient for me to go on.

So that I can get a vote in before deadline, I'm going with Darthe. This isn't an OMGUS vote. He has contributed little to the speculation and has avoided direct questions.

Vote Darthe.

By the way, can someone refresh my memory what the html code is to do the votes other than changing the color and bolding? 

Dar, I am sorry if I misstook you for a seasoned player, you speak in game as if you are so that was why I thought so. also maybe because all the most recent games I've played you were also in since they were all here! Ha!

Ok, so....bottom line my theories suck! 

So, the choice right now is Daruya or Darthe as any of vote, while ok, would in essence be a non-vote, right.

I'm rereading some posts trying to determine who is the better pick for Day 1, or see if anyone else jumps out at me.

If you think someone else deserves to be lynched today. Feel free to say so and include why you think they re a reasonable candidate. I have other people than Darthe I would be willing to lynch. I think Dar is town so will not be voting there.

If you have a good case, people might be willing to listen. 

So, let me first say I'm not trying to defend Darthe here.......more, I'm defending the point in lynching him.

The speculation I've seen so far is more along the lines of gaming the mod/setup/flavor than actually trying to find scum.  Step back from the HP fandom for a sec, and remember this is just a mafia game.  The 'choose your own adventure' part is just a mechanic to allow us to have fun and have some depth to the game (all of this is my opinion, not fact)......but we still need to find scum the old fashioned way.

If Darthe is scum, I'll obvious just say "lolVerbal" and tell you all to ignore me this game, but I don't think we're going down the right path with how we've been approaching scumhunting.  With all the chests and potential goodies involved, this game might boil down to a kitchen sink-type game where roles/powers are going to decide who wins.

All that said, I'm content to see a flip, whether it be Darthe, Dar, or really anybody else.

Willing to lynch:

Darthe: lack of effort jumping on the only real train.

Dice: feels like he latched onto a non-game reason to go after a potential easy lynch

Elgee: to me it doesn't look like her vote matched her reasoning.

LZM: changing reasons for why he would open the Slytherin door.

Rhea: feels like a lot of following,

I will try to expand on my lunch break. or before deadline when I get home from work.

gotta go.  

So, let me first say I'm not trying to defend Darthe here.......more, I'm defending the point in lynching him.

The speculation I've seen so far is more along the lines of gaming the mod/setup/flavor than actually trying to find scum.  Step back from the HP fandom for a sec, and remember this is just a mafia game.  The 'choose your own adventure' part is just a mechanic to allow us to have fun and have some depth to the game (all of this is my opinion, not fact)......but we still need to find scum the old fashioned way.

If Darthe is scum, I'll obvious just say "lolVerbal" and tell you all to ignore me this game, but I don't think we're going down the right path with how we've been approaching scumhunting.  With all the chests and potential goodies involved, this game might boil down to a kitchen sink-type game where roles/powers are going to decide who wins.

All that said, I'm content to see a flip, whether it be Darthe, Dar, or really anybody else.

Do you have any better theories? You seem to disagree with me on Lessa.

I'd submit the folks speculating so hard on which door to take, or things like that, are the ones we should be looking at as anti-town behavior.

I'm sorry but I feel like this is contradicting what you said the post before. 

Willing to lynch:

Darthe: lack of effort jumping on the only real train.

Dice: feels like he latched onto a non-game reason to go after a potential easy lynch

Elgee: to me it doesn't look like her vote matched her reasoning.

LZM: changing reasons for why he would open the Slytherin door.

Rhea: feels like a lot of following,

I will try to expand on my lunch break. or before deadline when I get home from work.

gotta go.  

Following what? I'm trying to figure out the best way to go. Do you want me to just jump on a train with no effort?

I do not have time at work to go back and read so I am going by memory. 

I'm sorry but I feel like this is contradicting what you said the post before.

Not even close.  I'm saying we need to do this the old fashioned way, or just rely on the likely pile of goodies from the chests.  The flavor speculation is serving to distract - one of the ways to identify scum is to look for people trying to distract or "look busy" solving.

I see no contradiction, so you'll have to explain how you feel it does.

They way I read it was that you are saying that people are playing the game and then you say that is anti-town. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

I get that you think we need to scum hunt the old fashioned way, but we are trying to have some fun. I do not agree that people using game mechanics to try and see if they can hunt that way is anti-town. In fact it may be even more townie IMO. 

2.) target someone and try to rile the others up to vote for that person, or

3.) maybe just create mass confusion?

I believe she was trying to rile us up to vote for LedZepMan - that's the impression I retained, at least.

Well I can't say that I am particularly convinced on either Darthe or Daruya for scum, but I may not be back tonight and I don't want to miss the deadline. If I have to pick between the two I'd rather go with Daruya. So [v]Daruya[/v]. 

• RP - LEGACY

Still don't feel certain about anyone being acumen just yet. There may be those trying to over complicate or even provide too much insight into their decisions.

Ugh! I hate to jump on a band wagon, but as I may not be able to get on thread again before deadline, I'm going to vote now.

Vote: Darthe [\b]

Justification? Well, what others have said. Incriminating and questioning. Can't pull up quotes right now, but since I can't reasonably vote for anyone else, I'll go with Darthe.

Hopefully, after Day 1, things might become clearer.