DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Last post. 

Is it just me or was that catch up the weirdest post of the game? I really have no idea what t make of that. I guess I will try to translate:

More brush off of voting him by people he says are town. You look like you are trying to play it super cool and hope we get distracted.

Lots of town reads. I counted Turin, Ithi, Clov, Ley, Tina. Did I miss anyone? I agree with most of those to a certain extent. Actually makes me more suspicious of Clov if RTE ends up flipping mafia.

wary of one new player(Sooh) but doesn't categorize the other two(Conquest, Heartlight), granted Heartlight hasn't posted.

Has Dice and AJ as most likely mafia but no real reasons given.

Tress is only on meta. I am assuming that you have her as null?

Didn't mention Pral (mostly absent), or Red (ditto, but has done a little more) most likely as they haven't mentioned him afaict.

So RTE, who else beside AJ and Dice do you think are likely to be mafia? 

Half recap half slander, but the recap bit isn't too off.

Well, I reiterate feeling quite confident about you (Turin), Ithi, Clov, and Ley. Town lean on Yates. Tina I'm moving to a null list. On that null list is Pral, Dice (I'll get to him), Tress (She is the mafia version of Moghedien IMO), Sooh, Heartlight (obviously). Scummy lean on AJ. Of other possible scum right now if I had to guess I would say somewhere between Pral, Tress, Sooh and I suppose Heartlight would be in the mix. Tina can be strong scum though, I tend to like her posts. Ok on to the rest. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

What is this even supposed to mean?

This was part playful part truth. You tend to have very strong opinions of me and almost never give my play the benefit of the doubt. This can mean a couple of things. Either you've finally learned to interpret my play with a bit more accuracy, or at least thought/hesitation/care, or you're scum and you're bringing up the fact that you are usually wrong about me to look good after a lynch where I flip town. Ultimately, it was mostly in jest with an added "Of the players in this game, you come off as least town and therefore most scummy". Since however, I personally think your interaction with Yates REEKS. Here is a player who you suggest you know and who knows you so well. And then that is the way you treat him voting you and interacting with you? You just seem to be over-reacting, especially not warranted given you suggest you and Yates "get each other". Comes across as antsy. You've been particularly anxious about votes so early in this game (like he said you only broke a 2 vote tie) and that puts you at my numero uno scum read right now. 

Caught up!

Lol at Turin for the Frozen comment. Well played.

Moving on: Turin, Ithi, Clov town on town violence. All town. Play nice with each other now.

Ley is town. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

Tress is on her meta, but is also explicitly using her meta.

I'm going to be wary of Sooh because I always give the noobs a free pass and it bites me in the bum. Conquest is more concerned about potential nicknames than the game at the moment but can't blame him. 

This has been a really excellent day 1 so far. Seriously. Really impressive stuff. Maybe time off does us good? Although as Ithi said it is distressing when a Darthe game of all things takes so long to fill. Maybe he's just made too many people angry at this point. :wink: Like you discussed with Ley, you need the badass games with the insane roles again. Such fond memories. Speaking of which need to update my siggy.

Annnnnnnnnnnd [v] #Dice [/] 

Fun to be back. Nice to see everyone again. Some people haven't changed, which is a good thing. Nice when you have played SO many games with people you get a good read for when they are on their norm (i.e. town) or not. Ithi curious to see you break your meta next time around, you're in full swing right now. Poor Clov just didn't know better. Don't think he's scum though. 

Talk to me about Leyrann.  I felt his stances this game have all been fairly cookie cutter (Ithi being fine, Dice being good, Turin a little scummy for how he's tying himself to Ithillian), and by his own admission, didn't bother to check if I had said what Red insinuated I said (or if I was telling the truth about NOT saying it).  Despite this, he pressured me by echoing her sentiments about my reads.  None of that makes me super comfortable with just writing him off.

What do you label as Scum!Dice versus Town!Dice?

Bold - I don't find anything the least bit scummy by a player making that admission.  

Ley is posting well and often. That is enough for me to say he's town. I feel given past games, were he to be mafia he would be a bit more cautious and conservative. Yes he always posts a lot. But he's posting well, and with good game content. Think he's been an active contributor thus far and like I said based on the ease of his posting, he seems comfortable. Town levels of comfortable. 

I'll get to town/scum Dice. And I explained why I said what I said about AJ. His Yates interactions have really firmed my stance though.

RTE

Tell me plz what is scumdice? describe it for me.

Well you went and ruined it actually. To me scum dice is around and posting, but skirting and posting "enough" but not really biting off any meat. However since my post you've made several strong game posts, given reads, and "put yourself on the line" more so to speak. Basically you're playing, engaging, and interacting. Scum dice makes appearances but they are all opening acts and never the full performance. You're performing. I'm still wary of you because I find you hard to read but you've moved off my scum read list with your game posts.

Oh, forgot dear Tina. Looks town so far really. 

For whatever reason I feel quite confident about my town reads thus far, for better or worse. Curious to see how this game plays out.

To be honest you got so many of them that I'm starting to feel like you can barely make a scum team from the people leftover when all the town reads are removed from the player list. Feeling a bit like you know things you shouldn't know.

Also what's with your activity this game? I've barely seen you while you're normally all over the thread.

Don't think that's very fair, had enough nulls and with the fact that we had several players at the time with one or two posts, and one person who has yet to check in, these are more than enough people to make a scum team (and maybe a third party at that, although I second the opinion of how did the SK discussion really start and what cause do we have to consider it at this point on DAY 1?). Therefore think more than enough people on there to make a scum team.

Unfortunately my activity has dropped across the board, and not just my mafia play (I would think you'd notice :sad: ). I blame work, the girlfriend, and House of Cards. :wink:

I find it strange that you had me as town and then down to null without me posting in between.

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

I was going to mention this too. It really helps the mafia be laid back and lazy with their votes as they won't have to do an obvious pile on the achieve a town lynch. They might just need 1 or 2 or maybe even none if the town can't be arsed to put a good solid vote down.

Anyone sitting on fence and dilly dallying with I'll Vote later comments I'm not comfortable with you at all. Similarly those intending to place a vote on someone in a bit. Why are you so worried at raking a stance.

The other thing is ill push a train from the station to the beach to get a target lynched. No one seems interested in Rte. I think if he weren't mafia someone would have gone with me and let me lead the lynch.

I still think he's mafia

I agree with you about the importance of voting and why.

The 'we' comment is important to me. It's an inclusive word. It groups people together. When clov asked me if WE had a mafia team of Rte dice and tress then I feel strongly that he was including himself thinking that too. Furthermore he made me and him into a We. Thus putting us together but then went on to say he thought I was mafia.

He's also taken on the role of town leader which always puts my teeth on edge as I'm not really one to be led. I find it a tad annoying how such people feel the need to imply that if you don't play the same as them or agree with what they say then they'll 'assume' intelligence because yeah I must be stoopid really blah blah blah

I'm quite sure I've never felt the need to question the intelligence of another player who disagreed with me but folks are folks and wotnot

Okay. That is a clear answer. So Clov is on your mafia list I guess?

Pop quiz. To everyone. If Darthe gave you a gun, or a baseball bat :wink: right now, who would you kill and why?

I'd kill RTE cos I think he's mafia.

AJ. 

Pop quiz. To everyone. If Darthe gave you a gun, or a baseball bat :wink: right now, who would you kill and why?

I agree with RTE and I also do wonder why he hasn't gotten more traction since you are the one leading his lynch and most of those on record have you as town. If RTE is town then it makes it very very easy for one or to (which might be all that is needed) to jump on with a "well I'm not sure but I'm just gonna sheep my biggest town read on D1. So yeah RTE is my most likely mafia candidate.

Part of me tho now would also like to shoot AJ as I am finding his reaction to being voted a bit jumpy. It is more of a indy reaction. Frankly that is as much curiousity about if I am right about him.

This is such a weird statement. You can have someone as town and still not following them. Sometimes you can find someone townie for how they behave not what they say. For example, I can see when Sili is town (and sometimes Red) but that doesn´t mean I would follow on anyone since they think in a totally different way from me and it´s often hard to understand what they mean.

[unvote]
[v]Turin[/v]

I don't think his argument about serial killer equity fits with the conclusions he reached, and I still think there's an implication he knows AJ isn't mafia.  Also think he might have slipped here when discussing Pral's stance on me.

Don't understand how you can say that Red is taking easy prey when you are saying you see Clov as town. I know you aren't going to suggest that Clov is an "easy lynch" right. 

There had been a LOT of negative attention on me early in the game, so in the context of this game, Pral's claim makes a ton of sense.  I don't think I'm an easy lynch overall, so I can kinda see Turin's point there... except I've played a hundred games with me.  I'm pretty sure this is Turin's first game with me.  So how does he know whether I'm an easy lynch?

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

I was going to mention this too. It really helps the mafia be laid back and lazy with their votes as they won't have to do an obvious pile on the achieve a town lynch. They might just need 1 or 2 or maybe even none if the town can't be arsed to put a good solid vote down.

Anyone sitting on fence and dilly dallying with I'll Vote later comments I'm not comfortable with you at all. Similarly those intending to place a vote on someone in a bit. Why are you so worried at raking a stance.

The other thing is ill push a train from the station to the beach to get a target lynched. No one seems interested in Rte. I think if he weren't mafia someone would have gone with me and let me lead the lynch.

I still think he's mafia

Hate, hate, hate this reasoning.  THIS is what I consider an opportunistic push - guilting people into pushing him.  You're basically saying that anybody that gets some attention but doesn't get much traction HAS to be mafia.  By that logic, YOU are mafia because mafia would have gone with me and let me lead a lynch on you if you were town.  Tina is mafia, otherwise somebody would have followed AJ.  

I agree about the last part. 

Please note that you can continue collecting items and that you can even enter a dream within a dream.  This whole game is lolz.

So how do I do it? Am I in a dream although I have nothing?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death List

1. ReleaseTheEvil - kill AJ - no reason given

2. Dicetosser1 -kill Conquest - no clear reason. Also mentioned Tina

3. Yates (not Red)

4. Pralaya

5. TinaHel - kill AJ - no reason given

6. Hearthlight

7. Ithillian - Kill RTE - Cos he's Mafia

8. Clovdyx - Kill Turin - He knows more than he aught to

9. Andrej - Kill Tina - Cos of reasons and apathy

10. Sooh - Kill Clov - For going strong to faded

11. Turin Turambar - Kill RTE - Cos finding Mafia is important

12. Leyrann

13. Songstress - Kill Yates - Can't be trusted

14. Conquest

Gifts are fun. Did darthe say to use them in the thread or did I read that wrong.

If I've missed any death suggestions let me know and if the others could let me know that would be lovely

Tina i already explained why mafia turin protects ithi.

Basically he has too. Too many of us have played with them. If he didnt buddy her, didnt jump to her defence what would you think? I know id be typing vote so fast my head would explode

Circular argument is circular.

You said was ambiguously "off". Therefore mafia

I asked why?

You said because seems to be trying to shift discussion.

I said from what?

You said from Ithi/Clov talk.

I asked who I protecting?

You said Ithi.

I asked why would I be protecting town Ithi?

You said because I had to.

So how was my protecting her off if I must do it in aither alignment?

Ftr, I wasn't protecting Ithi, I was following up on something she noticed. But w/e

Good morning.

Morning. And sorry about busting out the rustle brush so early on after entering the game. There were two people with two votes and I felt more comfortable gauging your reaction to my vote than RTE's.

Obviously, I was setting up an "argument" that you were too nice in your reads list. And, btw, that is a legit scum tell of yours. HOWEVER, the way you responded to my vote [going on the offensive instead of trying to shmooz me] tells me you aren't trying to hide behind courtesy.

[unvote]

At this point, I feel like most of the scum are hiding in the non-contributor slots given that this is a hybrid hammer game and there is zero impetus to stick your neck out when so few votes are needed. I think you, me, and maybe Tress are the only ones that would have the confidence in our scum game to take a leadership role with the Town. Agree or disagree?

Which brings me to a post that actually bothers me:

1. ...Ithi is very persistent and if she has a target that she really wants lynched most times that person WILL GET LYNCHED. Which is why I said that it would be easy for mafia to jump on an RTE train if he is town because they could blame Ithi when it was over

[snip]

2. AJ could well be mafia, He just has more of an indy feel to his posts and actions. I'm just putting out my thoughts.

2. Obviously, as stated earlier, I hate hate HATE it when people try to "indy" hunt on Day 1. Unless you think he's a symp trying to signal the rest of the mafia [and I don't think that was a role Darthe listed], then an Indy would look EXACTLY like a Townie because they would have the same information as Town AND have an equally vested interest in lynching scum [as a requisite for their wincon]. I need to save this response somewhere so I can just copy and paste it any time someone tries this nonsense...

1. This is the one that really stands out. What is your point with Ithi here? This feels like a TMI slip where you are saying you know Ithi is Town... I'd like an explanation on this.

Until this is cleared up, I'd shoot Turin.

Careful Yates, if you appear reasonable like you're willing to discuss something instead of tunnel them to death over it - you may look scummy :rolleyes:

I'll respond to Tina later on, depending.

As far as I go, I'm trying to be a nicer Mafia player in general :smile:

Un-Official Vote Count Sex:

RTE (2/8): Ithi, Turin

AJ (2/8): Quest, Tina

Tina (1/8): AJ

Turin (1/8): Clov

Not voting (7/14):

Yates, Laya, HL, Sooh, Tress, Dice, RTE, Ley

Well.. That's not surprising. Not much has happened since you joined the game. 

Sure you tried to suss out AJ and anyone mafia who were waiting for someone to jump after you said go, and we're still working the aftermath of Turin/Ithi vs.... idk how many by now...

I will say this though... with everyone so focused on just those two players everyone else are pretty much safe from scrutiny. 

We don't need a majority to achieve a lynch Ley. It's a hybrid. A simple majority of one is enough to get you deaded. That's why Town should be voting for who they believe is Mafia - to stop the Mafia from being able to coast.

Which is why, as deadline comes, I will always be voting someone. But, as I already said, I don't want to risk making a huge train on someone when I'm not that sure. With more than 24 hours to go, keeping the trains a bit closer together is a better idea. It's best to need only a few votes (though more than mafia can control, of course) to get the right train in the lead. When someone is at 6 votes while no one else is sitting on more than one, it's over already. No one but that person at 6 votes is going to get lynched, even if he posts a great defense post while someone else absolutely tears apart another person that first looked just a bit less scummy.

I'm not sure. Hard choice between AJ, Clov and Turin. If I really had to choose, I think I'd go for AJ. But Turin's coming very close behind, and Dice would be fourth of those people I think.

Tina i already explained why mafia turin protects ithi.

Basically he has too. Too many of us have played with them. If he didnt buddy her, didnt jump to her defence what would you think? I know id be typing vote so fast my head would explode

And here we are back to the Turin/Ithi stuff. How about you leave them be? Him not buddying her getting him lynched just shows how much everyone is pushing them together. Stop it. Let them not buddy if they don't want to. And most importantly, show you won't lynch them for not buddying, so they know it.

@Ley

With a hybrid hammer game the votes can shift dramatically and very quickly if people are utilizing them. Just because someone is high in votes doesn't guarantee their lynch like it would in a standard majority hammer game. If enough people agree to move their to someone else the leading wagon can change in a matter of minutes.

To be frank, withholding your vote if you're a townie is just playing lazy and allowing the mafia team to do likewise.

@Yates

I don't think Darthe is counting unvotes so you'll need to vote someone else to move it.

I can agree that you and I would be willing to play out front as scum. Can't say about Tress simply because I don't think I've ever seen her as mafia before.

Apologies for not posting last night, I got distracted by a shiny object again :wink:

*points camera at Yates and snaps a photo*

I did one of those re-reads where I started reconsidering my reads of people and thinking "well if I'm wrong about this person being town, what does that do to the rest of my reads" and confused myself mightily.  I do so hate second guessing myself, and most of the time when I do I regret it.  Nothing to be done for it but to get a flip or two to work with, though.

I'll still be at work and likely busy at deadline, and no guarantee how cooperative my phone will be during breaks and lunch, so I'll vote my best bet now and see where the discussion goes.

[v]##RTE[/v]

Apologies for not posting last night, I got distracted by a shiny object again :wink:

*points camera at Yates and snaps a photo*

I did one of those re-reads where I started reconsidering my reads of people and thinking "well if I'm wrong about this person being town, what does that do to the rest of my reads" and confused myself mightily.  I do so hate second guessing myself, and most of the time when I do I regret it.  Nothing to be done for it but to get a flip or two to work with, though.

I'll still be at work and likely busy at deadline, and no guarantee how cooperative my phone will be during breaks and lunch, so I'll vote my best bet now and see where the discussion goes.

[v]##RTE[/v]

c732zh.jpg

Archived