DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

I want note in the event that I'm lynched today that Yates's vote breaks the tie with RTE. This may be important later.

Yeah. I made that note in post 294. I know. It seems a subtle post.With that said; why is it important that my vote breaks the tie with RTE, though? You aren't even voting for him and - according to 264 - have him merely on the "scummy side of null."

For wagonomic reasons, obviously. At a later point in the game it if reveals you or RTE are scum (RTE is already regarded as such by several players) your vote for me over him could be that momentum swing that saves your buddy. You know this stuff, man. It's assuming a lot at this phase, sure, but I wanted it on record because if I'm lynched today I want it to be reexamined after my flip.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so. You've read what seems like 2-3 pages and have already decided I'm scum without any real explanation and have put me in the lead for lynch.

I haven't really explained it - and said as much when I voted for you - but that doesn't mean I don't have a great reason for my vote. Further, that doesn't mean I don't have a great reason for specifically making you the lynch front runner. I'm just waiting a bit for others to show up, look at my post, and see if anyone else sees what I see.

One thing we *can* discuss at this point is something related to your current angle. So, I put you in the lynch lead by 1 vote. You call me out for putting you in the lynch lead and breaking the tie you had with RTE [which - let's face it - is nonsense because I broke a TWO vote "tie"]. The suggestion here is that I must be protecting my scum mate, RTE, by breaking the tie with Town AJ. Am I wrong? But you are in a situation where you are on record as stating that RTE is on the scummy side of null - but not scum. If you were Town and thinking that I was protecting my scum buddy RTE, why is it such a reach for you to reassess - given the current voting dynamic - and to vote for RTE who you have already set up as being on the scummy side of null anyway so it should be an easy transition for you. See what I mean?

If anything? This play would be protecting TINA. And, really, I would have no cause for protecting scum buddy Tina from a single vote. So even that makes little to no sense.

For wagonomic reasons, obviously.

Obviously. Are you afraid that no one would do wagonomics without you or that my vote would somehow slip through the cracks?

That's really a non-answer since my vote was obvious, I made it clear that *I* was the one that created the vote leader, and wagonomics would absolutely happen regardless of the outcome. The real answer is that you are fear mongering. That's okay. I can handle the truth.

Like I said before, I hope you have a damn good reason.

Considering the voting activity we've had I don't think it's at all insignificant, two votes or a dozen, a tie is a tie and you picking one over the other is important regardless if the reason for it is readily obvious. I've considered moving my vote to RTE and still might seeing as how the Day continues but for now I will remain on Tina for my own reasons. Me pointing out the potentiality of your action doesn't mean I have to immediately react to it either. As you said before, maybe you're just trying to see what reactions you garner? If that's the case I don't appreciate being your bait but as of right now that ease I had on your slot from Red is dissipating until you give me some specifics to address.

For wagonomic reasons, obviously.

Obviously. Are you afraid that no one would do wagonomics without you or that my vote would somehow slip through the cracks?That's really a non-answer since my vote was obvious, I made it clear that *I* was the one that created the vote leader, and wagonomics would absolutely happen regardless of the outcome. The real answer is that you are fear mongering. That's okay. I can handle the truth.

I think we both can agree that Towns here can be short sighted sometimes, myself included. You pointing it out for yourself doesn't mean anything to me unless you're going to argue you wouldn't do something "obvious" as mafia?

I'm going to:

[v]#AJ[/v]

If only because of post 264. I'll explain in more detail later [for game play reasons] but for now, I feel pretty good about this vote.

Why not explain now? It's definitely not obvious to me why you would vote AJ. You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.  

You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.

Do you assume anyone with an aggressive playing style is not Town? That would be an injustice.

AJ and I have a history. A history that dates back to the Wild Wild West when men were men, sheep were scared, and there was a plethora of pinatas...

As a newer player, I wouldn't expect my reasons to be obvious to you [yet]. But there are others in this game that should understand the meta knowledge I have.

You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.

Do you assume anyone with an aggressive playing style is not Town? That would be an injustice.

AJ and I have a history. A history that dates back to the Wild Wild West when men were men, sheep were scared, and there was a plethora of pinatas...

As a newer player, I wouldn't expect my reasons to be obvious to you [yet]. But there are others in this game that should understand the meta knowledge I have.

I do not assume anything. I do, however, find it hard to read you Town so far. 

It seems like everyone has history in some sense or another in this game. With this course of action, and without explanation, I have to guess you were looking for a reaction, either from AJ or from other players. 

Personally I'd like to see you give a take on AJ or anyone else really. 

Personally I'd like to see you give a take on AJ or anyone else really.

I think AJ is dangerously charming. Does that help?

Not really... or maybe... I'll have to think about it 

Is it just me or was that catch up the weirdest post of the game? I really have no idea what t make of that. I guess I will try to translate:

More brush off of voting him by people he says are town. You look like you are trying to play it super cool and hope we get distracted.

Lots of town reads. I counted Turin, Ithi, Clov, Ley, Tina. Did I miss anyone? I agree with most of those to a certain extent. Actually makes me more suspicious of Clov if RTE ends up flipping mafia.

wary of one new player(Sooh) but doesn't categorize the other two(Conquest, Heartlight), granted Heartlight hasn't posted.

Has Dice and AJ as most likely mafia but no real reasons given.

Tress is only on meta. I am assuming that you have her as null?

Didn't mention Pral (mostly absent), or Red (ditto, but has done a little more) most likely as they haven't mentioned him afaict.

So RTE, who else beside AJ and Dice do you think are likely to be mafia? 

Half recap half slander, but the recap bit isn't too off.

Well, I reiterate feeling quite confident about you (Turin), Ithi, Clov, and Ley. Town lean on Yates. Tina I'm moving to a null list. On that null list is Pral, Dice (I'll get to him), Tress (She is the mafia version of Moghedien IMO), Sooh, Heartlight (obviously). Scummy lean on AJ. Of other possible scum right now if I had to guess I would say somewhere between Pral, Tress, Sooh and I suppose Heartlight would be in the mix. Tina can be strong scum though, I tend to like her posts. Ok on to the rest. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

What is this even supposed to mean?

This was part playful part truth. You tend to have very strong opinions of me and almost never give my play the benefit of the doubt. This can mean a couple of things. Either you've finally learned to interpret my play with a bit more accuracy, or at least thought/hesitation/care, or you're scum and you're bringing up the fact that you are usually wrong about me to look good after a lynch where I flip town. Ultimately, it was mostly in jest with an added "Of the players in this game, you come off as least town and therefore most scummy". Since however, I personally think your interaction with Yates REEKS. Here is a player who you suggest you know and who knows you so well. And then that is the way you treat him voting you and interacting with you? You just seem to be over-reacting, especially not warranted given you suggest you and Yates "get each other". Comes across as antsy. You've been particularly anxious about votes so early in this game (like he said you only broke a 2 vote tie) and that puts you at my numero uno scum read right now. 

Caught up!

Lol at Turin for the Frozen comment. Well played.

Moving on: Turin, Ithi, Clov town on town violence. All town. Play nice with each other now.

Ley is town. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

Tress is on her meta, but is also explicitly using her meta.

I'm going to be wary of Sooh because I always give the noobs a free pass and it bites me in the bum. Conquest is more concerned about potential nicknames than the game at the moment but can't blame him. 

This has been a really excellent day 1 so far. Seriously. Really impressive stuff. Maybe time off does us good? Although as Ithi said it is distressing when a Darthe game of all things takes so long to fill. Maybe he's just made too many people angry at this point. :wink: Like you discussed with Ley, you need the badass games with the insane roles again. Such fond memories. Speaking of which need to update my siggy.

Annnnnnnnnnnd [v] #Dice [/] 

Fun to be back. Nice to see everyone again. Some people haven't changed, which is a good thing. Nice when you have played SO many games with people you get a good read for when they are on their norm (i.e. town) or not. Ithi curious to see you break your meta next time around, you're in full swing right now. Poor Clov just didn't know better. Don't think he's scum though. 

Talk to me about Leyrann.  I felt his stances this game have all been fairly cookie cutter (Ithi being fine, Dice being good, Turin a little scummy for how he's tying himself to Ithillian), and by his own admission, didn't bother to check if I had said what Red insinuated I said (or if I was telling the truth about NOT saying it).  Despite this, he pressured me by echoing her sentiments about my reads.  None of that makes me super comfortable with just writing him off.

What do you label as Scum!Dice versus Town!Dice?

Bold - I don't find anything the least bit scummy by a player making that admission.  

Ley is posting well and often. That is enough for me to say he's town. I feel given past games, were he to be mafia he would be a bit more cautious and conservative. Yes he always posts a lot. But he's posting well, and with good game content. Think he's been an active contributor thus far and like I said based on the ease of his posting, he seems comfortable. Town levels of comfortable. 

I'll get to town/scum Dice. And I explained why I said what I said about AJ. His Yates interactions have really firmed my stance though.

RTE

Tell me plz what is scumdice? describe it for me.

Well you went and ruined it actually. To me scum dice is around and posting, but skirting and posting "enough" but not really biting off any meat. However since my post you've made several strong game posts, given reads, and "put yourself on the line" more so to speak. Basically you're playing, engaging, and interacting. Scum dice makes appearances but they are all opening acts and never the full performance. You're performing. I'm still wary of you because I find you hard to read but you've moved off my scum read list with your game posts.

Oh, forgot dear Tina. Looks town so far really. 

For whatever reason I feel quite confident about my town reads thus far, for better or worse. Curious to see how this game plays out.

To be honest you got so many of them that I'm starting to feel like you can barely make a scum team from the people leftover when all the town reads are removed from the player list. Feeling a bit like you know things you shouldn't know.

Also what's with your activity this game? I've barely seen you while you're normally all over the thread.

Don't think that's very fair, had enough nulls and with the fact that we had several players at the time with one or two posts, and one person who has yet to check in, these are more than enough people to make a scum team (and maybe a third party at that, although I second the opinion of how did the SK discussion really start and what cause do we have to consider it at this point on DAY 1?). Therefore think more than enough people on there to make a scum team.

Unfortunately my activity has dropped across the board, and not just my mafia play (I would think you'd notice :sad: ). I blame work, the girlfriend, and House of Cards. :wink: 

@RTE I'm phone posting so I won't be quoting your post to respond directly.

Here's my perspective. Yates and I do know each other pretty well. Him subbing in and then immediately voting me is alarming to me for this reason and others. Why shouldn't I be antsy and challenge votes on me? I'm working from the position of knowing I am innocent so when someone joins my wagon I am naturally going to push them to make their case clear.

If I'm your #1 scum read why are you reserving the right to vote me until later?

@RTE I'm phone posting so I won't be quoting your post to respond directly.

Here's my perspective. Yates and I do know each other pretty well. Him subbing in and then immediately voting me is alarming to me for this reason and others. Why shouldn't I be antsy and challenge votes on me? I'm working from the position of knowing I am innocent so when someone joins my wagon I am naturally going to push them to make their case clear.

If I'm your #1 scum read why are you reserving the right to vote me until later?

I think the reaction is bigger than warranted, hence over-reacting. I think given the day of the game we are in, the vote count, who you're interacting with, and the tone of your posts, strikes me as suspicious.

I can ask the same of you, as I believe Yates himself has. My reasoning is I have no interest in adding fuel to your fire to watch you burn yourself if you aren't scum. It's only day one and you already have your haunches up and are growling. I'd rather watch how you play with others and see where that goes. If we were closer to deadline then yes I would vote you but given it's Day 1 and there is still the very distinct possibility I'm wrong I don't see a point in adding a vote to the "leading train" as it were. It will be there if nothing changes before deadline, don't worry your pretty little head. Besides you'd be yelling OMGUS about it anyways. But yes rest assured you are my #1 scum read thus far. Am I right?

Your not the SK are you?

Okay. I'm reading backwards so this might answer itself but is there a reason you think there's an SK in the game already?
Darthe event mafia game with psychopath theme. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Any reason you don't like the idea brought forward?

Your not the SK are you?

Okay. I'm reading backwards so this might answer itself but is there a reason you think there's an SK in the game already?

This is Darthe, there can be a dozen third party roles he can pick from.

That being said, there is the Psychiatrist role listed, but he may be throwing us a curve ball.

@RTE

For one, I am voting my top scum read. While I appreciate the expressed sentiment, I'm a big boy and can handle the heat. If you think I'm scum you should be voting me. Skirting around it gives me the impression you want to leave your options open in case the direction of the thread changes and similarly to what you mentioned with me, want to save some face for whenever I do flip by attempting to give me "the benefit of a doubt"

Again - why shouldn't I be growling? I don't see how the phase we are in is relevant to my reaction. Whether it's D1 or D7, it doesn't change the fact that I'm a villager and would still challenge my lynch.

Sooh - Can you give us a list of people you actually are comfortable labeling one way or another?  I don't need you to commit 100% to it for the rest of the game, or even the rest of the phase.  In fact, I would hope your reads DO change as the game goes on.  The problem I have with the list you gave on page 15 is you basically just made a list with all 13 players being more-or-less null due to the caveats you put on people.

If there are some nulls, that's fine.  One or two suspects, and two or three people you feel pretty good about, would go a long way. 

Yates - regarding #302, I'll just be completely honest with you.  I'm not seeing whatever it is YOU are seeing (unless you're voting him because he put "GOAT" one line down ;) in which case, carry on my friend!).  I disagree with your take that it would be protecting Tina, however.  You broke a tie with RTE, so AJ is absolutely right in suggesting it as a possibility.  You saying he's insinuating you MUST be doing that is a bad look IMO.  IRT Tina specifically, AJ is already voting her, so I'm not sure why you think you're protecting her; AJ can't just vote her out of self-preservation, since he's already on her.

AJ - I do agree with Yates about the wagon size issue, though.  We have more than a day left, and votes are pretty close across the board.  You and RTE were not runaway, competing trains where it was a foregone conclusion one of you two HAS to be the lynch.    I would be very surprised if the board looks remotely the same come this time tomorrow.  

Your not the SK are you?

Fair enough. I'm just always suspicious of SK hunting on Day 1.

Sooh - Can you give us a list of people you actually are comfortable labeling one way or another?  I don't need you to commit 100% to it for the rest of the game, or even the rest of the phase.  In fact, I would hope your reads DO change as the game goes on.  The problem I have with the list you gave on page 15 is you basically just made a list with all 13 players being more-or-less null due to the caveats you put on people.

If there are some nulls, that's fine.  One or two suspects, and two or three people you feel pretty good about, would go a long way. 

*snip*

Well.. the problem is that the reasons I see people as scum or town could just as easily be read the other way, but for now I do have a town feel about Dice, Ithi and Andrej, though that last one is under scrutiny right now... As for the suspect pool... all the rest? Nah... I think by now the two people I read most as scum are Clovdy and Turin. The reasons being what I put in my initial read. 

That's all I have per now... 

Archived