Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still not caught up

Red, 

Two questions.

1) Opportunistic how?  Do you feel I'm incredibly wrong to find her reaction to RTE bad, and more importantly, am I wrong to push someone for a bad reaction?

2) Where did I say he was "lockclear".  I said highly likely.  Those two are not the same thing, and you know that.

You'll also get your answer to the grouping question when you read up more.

1. opportunistic as in it comes off as you knowing what dice's alignment is and using it to gain town cred by attacking Ithi.  her reaction came as as a prod, not an over reaction. your push on her wouldn't be so scummy if you were asserting Dice as town like its fact

2. you're basically putting him in your lawkclear pile.  you basically stated  dice > RTE > everyone else.  youre prematurely clearing Dice and arbitrarily leaning on clearing RTE.  all over a joke.  it stinks.

Okay, I'm going to break this down point-by-point with my issues with your claim.

• I'm still failing to see how pushing Ithillian, for a bad reaction to something RTE said, has ANYTHING to do with Dice.   
  • What is she prodding?  This was her post :

Nice little 'either or' there. You seem to know at least one of us isn't lol. And then can use that to say oh well, the other one must be.

[v]## RTE[/v]

It's a well know mafia thingy to set up future lynches. It's equally likely that we're both Town. More than equal actually as the majority of players will be town.

Remember, this was 10 hours - 18 posts  - into the game.  Do you honestly think there's ANY chance a rational person would look at that situation and say, "Gee, RTE is setting Dice and Ithillian up together.  RTE is probably going to get a mislynch on one, and when they flip town, push the other one"?  Because I don't see any remotely intelligent person genuinely coming to that conclusion in the context it happened.

Now, I don't know if Ithillian is remotely intelligent, but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt...  therefore, it's a HUGE over reaction imo.

• Where did I assert Dice to be town, as a fact?  Where did I say that everybody should be treating him that way?  I said "I think he is highly likely".
  • Again, "likely to be town" - even "highly likely" - is not the same as "he's definitely town," "he's town here 100%", "He's lock clear", or "Just trust me guys - he's town."  I said nothing along the lines of those last three.
  • If you keep putting words in my mouth, I'm going to keep proving you wrong.

I don't like this post.

First, Ithi isn't acting any different from normally. She always starts the game with "everyone is scum until proven otherwise". In fact she's about as much on her game as I've seen her.

Also, you basically called Dice town when you said "Dice is very likely to be town". That is the kind of wording you only use when you are nearly sure. You don't use "I think", which means you're presenting it as a fact (which in turn means you don't think anything else is possible) and on top of that you say "very likely", which puts even more emphasis on your certainty. It feels like you're contradicting yourself now that you're moving away from the statement.

And we don't put words in your mouth. You did it yourself with the way you worded it.

Alright, just caught up with the game.

Ithi and Clov argument seems pretty townish. Ithi seems to be the town here, with most of her arguments relating to how I have seen Ithi play (I have not seen her as mafia, so well, don't know how she plays as scum). Her acting confused with her reads, her picking out small things from the text (like "we") and using it to make her reads etc.

Clov is playing like someone who is slightly pushed into a corner. I agree with his initial assessments but seeing how he responded to Ithi, don't think he is mafia here.

However, I do see Turin probably trying to pander to Ithi. I mean, everyone expects Turin to stand by Ithi and this is probably him forcing himself this game. Don't like that vibe.

Also, don't like Red's push on Clov. Seems to be taking the easy prey. His reasons sounds forced.

Pander. such a strange word. First off I never force myself to stand by her. You say that you think Ithi is on her town meta. Even tho you claim to never have seen her as mafia(which was my point earlier that she literally is NEVER mafia). Most have chimed in as saying they think her town. I can see the same things everyone else does. So whyis it that my saying she is town is pandering and for you to say you think she is town just reading the thread. You think that you know er better than I do?

Don't understand how you can say that Red is taking easy prey when you are saying you see Clov as town. I know you aren't going to suggest that Clov is an "easy lynch" right. 

I don't like this post very much at all.

And again you're saying "Ithi is never mafia". Do the Random.org gods what you tell them to or something? Because if not you HAVE TO go into every game with a fresh mind. Heck, if you're assuming Ithi is auto-town because she never gets rolled mafia, why aren't you assuming I am auto-mafia?

Wait... There's a "Little book of Darthe"? lol.. that's crazy... 

Darthe is like a Mad Scientist. He's a genius, mostly as a moderator, but he does some very weird things every now and then.

-----------------------

6 new posts for me to read by the way. Going to list some of my thoughts after that.

Okay, first, can we PLEASE stop with the Turin/Ithi stuff? They are two different people, and yet everyone wants to link them all the time, just because they have a relationship or something? Just go read them like independant people.

And by the way, I feel like Turin's putting attention on it too. Please, just... Let it be and don't focus on it.

And now on to my current thoughts...

Okay, first, can we PLEASE stop with the Turin/Ithi stuff? They are two different people, and yet everyone wants to link them all the time, just because they have a relationship or something? Just go read them like independant people.

And by the way, I feel like Turin's putting attention on it too. Please, just... Let it be and don't focus on it.

Did you mean let it go?

So far, I think Ithi has the clearest town play for me. Her play in general comes off to me as familiar and not dangerous, as in, no unexpected turnings in attention or something like that. Known would probably be the best term.

Dice feels about fine to me. I don't like his style, but I know him well enough by now to know that it's not a scum read. Too early to say anything more definitive.

Turin I feel is playing a bit scummy with how he goes on about "Ithi never being mafia" and how he keeps mentioning him and Ithi. I feel like he's putting more attention to that than he normally would. Also a bit of a general vibe.

Clov currently feels off the most for me though. He seems to have a bit of a forced defensive and I feel like he isn't being consistent, and I also don't like how he keeps attacking Ithi even though everyone agrees she looks town (also, he hasn't played with Ithi before?). For now I'm gonna go ahead and

[v] ## Clov [/v]

Did you mean let it go?

Why, yes, of course I did.

Fair enough. I am a bit more sensitive now I guess. I will let it go 

let-it-go-pke2qr.jpg

I don't like this post.

First, Ithi isn't acting any different from normally. She always starts the game with "everyone is scum until proven otherwise". In fact she's about as much on her game as I've seen her.

Also, you basically called Dice town when you said "Dice is very likely to be town". That is the kind of wording you only use when you are nearly sure. You don't use "I think", which means you're presenting it as a fact (which in turn means you don't think anything else is possible) and on top of that you say "very likely", which puts even more emphasis on your certainty. It feels like you're contradicting yourself now that you're moving away from the statement.

And we don't put words in your mouth. You did it yourself with the way you worded it.

I never said she was acting differently.  I've never played with her, so I have no idea.  Whether she always does it doesn't change the fact it was a terrible reaction.  And on the Dice issue, in response to the bold

I think Dice is highly likely to be town.  RTE to a lesser degree

That was post #27 (bolded, enlarged, red were added here to show I clearly said it).  So yeah, you're either not paying attention, or you're scum trying to help a lynch through blatant lies that take all of ten seconds to refute.  Which is it?

Haha... I like this thread so far. I think I have my vote figured out, but I'll see what reaction comes out of the latest development. Which basically means I'm saying nothing... *sigh* This game is hard. I'll go assemble my thoughts as to my first vote now, and hope that it'll be a bit more substantial than what I've brought to the table so far..

Hi Sooh, just a reminder for you, Hearth and Quest and really anyone.  If you have any questions, concerns, etc feel free to PM me with them at any time.  I especially go out of my way to help new players if they are struggling because I prefer that they come to me over someone not involved with modding.  

Fair enough. I am a bit more sensitive now I guess. I will let it go 

let-it-go-pke2qr.jpg

Gotta know when to give out points. 5 for you.

I don't like this post.

I never said she was acting differently.  I've never played with her, so I have no idea.  Whether she always does it doesn't change the fact it was a terrible reaction.  And on the Dice issue, in response to the bold

I think Dice is highly likely to be town.  RTE to a lesser degree

That was post #27 (bolded, enlarged, red were added here to show I clearly said it).  So yeah, you're either not paying attention, or you're scum trying to help a lynch through blatant lies that take all of ten seconds to refute.  Which is it?

Oh, sorry. I didn't look it up. Either way the part about very (or highly, which is even stronger than very) still stands. What makes you think you can say that at post 27? Don't bother answering that. Already been asked. Anyways I don't understand why you did what you did, and I don't like that.

You're so inquisitive!  I think the longest I ever had was with Wombat.  He and I talked for 7-9 pages, I can't remember exactly how many.

We once reached like 5 too... Remember that game where I was that serial killer who got an additional win condition? I'd still call that the best game in my life...

Ithi: My initial thought on Ithi was that she was town. This is how she behaves as town - points out every little detail and runs with it. Then she looks at the reactions she gets. My biggest problem with her this game is her conversation with Clov. He asks her a question that she interprets as his own thoughts, and thus she never answers it. After a while I can see what she thinks about RTE, Tress and Dice. What I´m also worrying about is that she and Turin used the "we" post to question Clov but then just let it go. To me that post doesn´t mean anything, but it looks like it did to them. 

Turin: I can see how anoying it is to defend himself when people use "feeling" as a reason. The thing is, I also felt he was "off" in this game. I guess one of the things is how he asked Clov what he thought about the players that just left the game but never said how he felt about it himself. And why did he point out the "we" comment without continuing with it. It looks like he is suspecting Clov but gives him a lot of room to explain himself. Not sure if good or bad. But I agree with him when questioning Dice. Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion into another direction? And what exactely did Dice learn from AJ?

Dice: Yeh, see the last lines from above. Please explain. 

Sooh: Starting to look scummy by posting a lot but not giving any ideas.

Clov: I think he has played a good game so far. As others have said, I think his gamestyle and Ithi´s gamestyle don´t go well together. Ithi is pointing out everything she sees while Clov is trying to find town as well. That is something that I have started to do as well lately, so it´s easy for me to see where he is coming from. I agree with him that it looks like Ithi is overdoing it and that she is looking for things to argue about. 

RTE: Now having said that, I´m not sure that I´m seeing RTE as town so far. AJ pointed out that he liked RTE´s response to Turin but the fact is that it came only six minutes after Turin´s posts. So it looks like he checked out the thread without adding anything. 

Tress - nothing to comment on so far because she has few game thoughts.  I´m not sure that I agree with her Dice is town comment.

AJ - is very "fluffy" and not very specific at all. His reason for voting Turin is very thin.

ConQuest: I didn´t like his reason for his vote. He just followed Turin in saying that AJ and Dice looked like working together. I don´t see that at all, just some jokes. But as you see, I´m wondering about both AJ and Dice.

Red - I didn´t like her vote on Clov. It doesn´t seem like she is trying to understand his reasons. 

Pral - meh, nothing to comment on

Ley - looks town so far.

Heartlight - not here

Did I forget anyone?

[v] ## AJ [/v]

Archived