DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

I've already given my thoughts on Dice and RTE overall. In terms of the "disappearing", I would rank them in this order for most suspect to least:

1) Tress

2) RTE

3) Dice

Dice made the opening post and nobody else posted for two hours. I can't fault him for not having interactions if nobody's around to interact with. RTE had a couple soft interactions so that looks good, but I would have liked to see his reply to Ithillian. Tress looks the worst of the three because timestamps suggest she was paying attention but sitting back until that exact moment, and even with actual gameplay (Ithi voting RTE), abstained from saying anything of consequence.

What do YOU think about Leyrann? I noticed you left him off.

You're so cute, Clov. I just want to take you home and snuggle you, but I fear a vengeful Linz.
I know. I'm wearing a hoodie right now (not typical for me), so I'm pretty snugglable right now.

What do you think about what I said? Agree/disagree?

I disagree that I was paying attention to the thread and waiting for that moment to chime in, but then I happen to know what I've been doing all morning, and it hasn't been lurking in the thread.

As for lack of substance, well, the game is a few hours old and when i last checked on mobile, about 3 pages long. Nobody who has played with me recently should be surprised that I have no substantial commentary. It would be more surprising and out of character for me to have a definitive opinion this early.

I find it interesting that you're so focused on people perceiving your play as being just the same as normal. That you don't want to be seen as being out of character. It's weird that you seem to be aiming at confining yourself to a meta that you're saying defines you.

Are you Town?

*shakes head and laughs*

I apologize, Clov, I spoke too soon. I'm prepared to venture one opinion at this point.

This reads exactly like Town!Ithi to me.

Yes, Ithi. I'm town.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems strange to me as you're giving all these reads and reasons on other people. I would think that if I'm your best shot you'd have done a better job.

Which makes me think you're not that serious and you're up to something.

What?  I've said multiple times why I like Dice and RTE to be town.  I'd have to be braindead to suddenly be scumreading them.  The only other person I've addressed is Tress, who I said I'm going to assume is scum until she gets really townie.  

Also not sure what I "would have done a better job" with, but okay.

Do you think we're looking at a Dice/RTE/Tress scumteam?  Or two of them with one as a SK?

You asked if 'we' (colluding joint idea thing that makes you seem more inclusive) were looking at a Dice/RTE/Tress mafia team. But you say you don't really suspect any of them. You were asking if 'we' though this, but I'm your best bet for mafia.

You were putting out the idea that they shouldn't be trusted - but now you say you were never suspicious of them.

It's all a bit double talk for me

My first thought when Tress posted that me and Turin are always Town was that she was firefighting for RTE because his post had caught my attention. There was no need for her to post anything defending ish about what he said - and people who back up other people in this game always have an ulterior motive.

Like you saying Dice is the most Town. Why would you say that? You said he sounded genuine but it's just words on a page.

So I don't trust any of you at all.

Also you're asking me if there's a Dice/RTE/Tress Mafia team out there, do you actually suspect any of them?

Bold - no.  Just.  No.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way,

(snipped)

Bold and response: My opinion is that it isn't always mafia indicative but it is a flag that further attention is required and that it should be noted for later. Especially once one of the players flip. 

Yeah, because you seemed to be pushing them.  I need to figure out if you actually believe they're scum together, if any of them are scum, or if you're just throwing dirt out there for no reason.  My reads don't affect YOUR pushes/thoughts.

My first thought when Tress posted that me and Turin are always Town was that she was firefighting for RTE because his post had caught my attention. There was no need for her to post anything defending ish about what he said - and people who back up other people in this game always have an ulterior motive.

Like you saying Dice is the most Town. Why would you say that? You said he sounded genuine but it's just words on a page.

Also you're asking me if there's a Dice/RTE/Tress Mafia team out there, do you actually suspect any of them?

Bold - no.  Just.  No.

(snipped)

Bold and response: My opinion is that it isn't always mafia indicative but it is a flag that further attention is required and that it should be noted for later. Especially once one of the players flip. 

Wouldn't also the opposite be mafia indicative? People who openly point fingers at one another and then retract? 

Everything could basically at this point be indicative of someone being mafia, so it's hard to single someone out just yet. At least I think so 

Bold - no.  Just.  No.

(snipped)

I'm all for taking note of it.  But jumping to a conclusion - especially before any flips, like you said - does a hell of a lot more harm than it does good.

Morning.

Nice to have a vote already on the table. Must be serious as it's my full name.

Oh sorry. Tends to be a habit, mostly when I'm relaxed and not hurrying for anything. But if it's a problem to you...

[unvote]

[v] ## Ithi [/v]

[v]##Ithi[/v]

Bad reaction to a question that was probably mostly in jest, given where we're at.

I dunno. I thought it was weird that one of us had to be Mafia. It seemed to be one of those things where one of us would be lynched and then if we were town they could say, ah well the other one must be mafia.

And I don't really go for the 'early on day 1' thingy. As far as I'm concerned the game starts and you're playing.

You might not, but others do, and I assume you're experienced enough to know that nobody is going to follow a "one of these two is scum..." theory twenty posts into a game.  Why are you worried about it?

They thought that they might get away with it for exactly that reason? Even jokes have a purpose in mafia.

nothing should be discounted in mafia. That is how people get miscleared so often.

No, they don't. At least, I tend to also joke around on D1 with 0 purprose.

Re; Leyrann, I would say that is standard for him. His Ithi vote is a placeholder IMO. As far as his leaving, I know he is a student and school and family takes a huge amount of his time. So it is all null to me. 

Same with Sooh, who I noticed with a check in post. Null that is as I have never played in a mafia game with her.

Actually I just went off gaming... Then again, from tomorrow on I got school again.

Bold - no.  Just.  No.

(snipped)

Wouldn't also the opposite be mafia indicative? People who openly point fingers at one another and then retract? 

Everything could basically at this point be indicative of someone being mafia, so it's hard to single someone out just yet. At least I think so 

This is why I don't like it when people jump at every little back up or distancing or something. Sometimes people simply agree or disagree and say it, without further thought about the alignment they have or the other person has.

And I'm gonna

[unvote]

considering the game has really started. Will put a vote down when someone's starting to stand out to me.

@Clov, Do you think Ithi's follow up was overdone? If something strikes you funny you will note it and follow up to see what else the person says right? In Tress' case it may be that she still has some of her old reluctance to fibbing.

@ Sooh, Can be. You need to see if it is out of character and take the game into account. 

@ Sooh, Can be. You need to see if it is out of character and take the game into account. 

Well.. considering I'm still getting to know everyone I guess it'll be a play-by-play for me this time... Go with my gut as I said to Dice in another thread :biggrin: 

@Clov, Do you think Ithi's follow up was overdone? If something strikes you funny you will note it and follow up to see what else the person says right? In Tress' case it may be that she still has some of her old reluctance to fibbing.

Depends on which one you mean.  I thought the way she handled RTE on the first page was overdone.  I thought her post to Tress on page four (#69) was reasonable.

Her follow up with me... it's either overdone, or she's just being really obtuse.  She seemingly doesn't understand why I would be prompting her to commit to something, and she isn't able to differentiate a question from my own thoughts.  I don't know if I believe she doesn't understand or just is trying to make it LOOK like she doesn't understand, so she has something to argue with me about.  It definitely seems wrong to me, though.

Checking in, Happy Sunday.

I'm out with the family getting brunch and what not so I'll be back later after I've run my errands to actually read stuff.

On a side note I'm excited that I get to finally use that flow chart of yours Clov :biggrin:

Flow chart? What is it? Can I have one. :D

Welcome to DM mafia, Heartlight and Sooh! Heartlight, I don´t remember if you said it or not, have you played mafia before?

So, 5 pages already. I´m getting a town feel from Clov, Ithi and Ley. 

I´ll do some BT stuff and then I´m off to bed. See you tomorrow!

*runs through the front door hopping on one foot trying to finish buttoning his pants up, shoes unlaced and the buttons on his shirt are misaligned*

I'm here, i was busy with the wife putting furniture together that she just had to get this morning. 

I have to read to catch up on the bulk of what happened but I'm present now so please continue. 

Not voting (14/14):

RTE, Dice, Red, Laya, Tina, HL, Ithi, HAHAClovDix, AJ, Suh, Turin, Ley, Tress, QuestLove

Lynch occurs by hybrid hammer, currently requiring 8 or deadline.

No deadline currently in effect.

i just have to ask, am I QuestLove? and is there a hidden meaning in that?

also all i have to say is that between Clov and Ithi, they seem to b driving the conversation and i dont really see why any one has already voted for Ithi. 

In my quick read through Turin just seems to be questioning others which seems wise to me and Sooh and I are pretty new to the game so i don't see anything suspicious from reading her. 

I'm withholding my vote until i see something that makes me question 

First!

Vote #AJ  Im not mafia for once in a Darthe game so he MUST be!

But if you aren't, then I can't be either!

I think Dice is highly likely to be town.  RTE to a lesser degree

I agree with Dice. Not so much with RTE - I'll need some time and content to flesh him out, but he's usually a hard read for me as it is.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working :sad: )

Not a bad response to the question imo.

Well this is a lovely mess already... There are a few things to be noticed, but not much to me just yet. That may or may not be my lack of experience playing this game speaking...

So far Dice came in swinging high from the get-go, which I assume he would have done regardless of his affiliation, so not much there. RTE is poking people's buttons apparently, to get a reaction and gets it big time from Ithillian, and then Clovdy jumps right back at that, as if waiting for someone to launch at... My vote shall have to wait a tad longer...

Why would you assume this?

Well this is a lovely mess already... There are a few things to be noticed, but not much to me just yet. That may or may not be my lack of experience playing this game speaking...

So far Dice came in swinging high from the get-go, which I assume he would have done regardless of his affiliation, so not much there. RTE is poking people's buttons apparently, to get a reaction and gets it big time from Ithillian, and then Clovdy jumps right back at that, as if waiting for someone to launch at... My vote shall have to wait a tad longer...

Is this your first time playing?

What's your opinion on the post? I think I see why you might've asked this.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Pretty much the definition of a town!Dice post imo. Glad to see that :biggrin:

Turin reads to me a bit guarded as well, the way he's posing his questions feels kinda... sinister.

Since Tina asked (large picture)

A simple, "how-to" guide on Clov's alignment, presented in flowchart form.

TLDspbu.png

Way to steal my thunder, dude.

*runs through the front door hopping on one foot trying to finish buttoning his pants up, shoes unlaced and the buttons on his shirt are misaligned*

I'm here, i was busy with the wife putting furniture together that she just had to get this morning. 

I have to read to catch up on the bulk of what happened but I'm present now so please continue. 

I know the feeling :dry:

Just wanna welcome the newbies to their first Mafia experience, I think you'll discover soon how fun and addicting it can be. Don't lose too much sleep dwelling on the game :wink:

For now I have the worst feeling about Turin. [v]##Turin[/v] Gonna keep an eye on how he handles Ithi this game, that can usually be a pretty big indicator of which side he's playing on. I think some of the questions he's posed are a bit off.

Ithi seems to be playing her town game which is based mostly on intuition from my experience. Clov seems to be driving discussion and I can't really fault him for looking askance at Ithi if he hasn't played with her before. A lot of her arguments are going to be that way, for the record.

Sooh seems to be pretty level headed for a newbie, so hopefully I'll be able to figure her out before too long. New players usually read sort of scummy to way by nature, and the running commentary post she made is a good example as to what, but I'm willing to observe her for a while until things get going so I can gauge her better.

Beyond that I don't have anything else to comment on. Let's see how things shake out

I didn't really feel strongly about it one way or another at first, AJ.  It had just enough of that "I'm not sure what to think" feeling I would expect from a new player, and I certainly don't fault her for trying to observe a bit before getting involved.  That's basically what I would expect from a new player as either alignment, but especially so if they're alone.

That being said, after I look at it again, I think I know what YOU are getting at.  Honestly, it hadn't occurred to me at first, but now it's like... glaringly obvious.

Can you elaborate on the Turin thing, AJ?  I don't think I've played with EITHER of them, so I'd appreciate it if you can explain how you think Town!Turin would approach her - and more importantly, how it differs from what he's been doing here.

I thought his questions were pretty decent.  Timing aside, him asking me to elaborate on the Dice/RTE reads was perfectly acceptable IMO and I appreciated him questioning me about Ithi.  

Can you elaborate on the Turin thing, AJ?  I don't think I've played with EITHER of them, so I'd appreciate it if you can explain how you think Town!Turin would approach her - and more importantly, how it differs from what he's been doing here.

I thought his questions were pretty decent.  Timing aside, him asking me to elaborate on the Dice/RTE reads was perfectly acceptable IMO and I appreciated him questioning me about Ithi.  

I haven't seen much by way of them interacting thus far, so I couldn't really provide a difference yet. They play sort of like Leelou and Verb do to give you something to compare it with. Turin is usually pretty quick to side with Ithi regardless of his alignment, so that in itself isn't very indicative. Basically what it boils down to is that you have to decide if you think he's doing this from the perspective that he is genuinely town reading her or working from the position that he already knows that she is town. This, of course, is dependent on Ithi actually being a villager - but I think you catch my drift.

I can't really explain too much what I didn't like about his questions other than to say that they felt 'off' to me. Basically gut feelz. From my experience with Turin he can be very obviously town and a strong asset to the team but at the same time stands out pretty clearly when he's mafia. I've got a limited sample size so far in this game but to me he sounds guarded.

Official Vote Count One:

AJ (1/8): Dice

Ithi (1/8): Clov

RTE (1/8): Ithi

Turin (1/8): AJ

Not voting (10/14):

RTE, Red, Laya, Tina, HL, Suh, Turin, Tress, QuestLove, Ley

No deadline currently in effect.

How much does everyone know about pop culture?  

He seems to have fallen out of favour with the Mafia Lovelies. Does anyone know what happened? I'm only saying 'cos this game took AGES to fill up.

I'm next I think. It'll be my 3rd game and I'm a bit nervous because I've never seen mafia fill up so slow.

Most have moved to other forums but yeah, some are upset.

Still setting trends.

Archived