DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Welcome aboard Yates!  hows the lil one?

ok i went back and looked and the one thing that strikes me about AJs post you referenced struck me when he made it. He uses some words that others have used this game that i dont recall seeing from him before. such as scum side of null. and he has done that a couple of times this game said stuff thats very like what someone else has said.

Problem is that im not sure it means anything. When you hang with a group of people you tend to talk like them u know?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ - I do agree with Yates about the wagon size issue, though. We have more than a day left, and votes are pretty close across the board. You and RTE were not runaway, competing trains where it was a foregone conclusion one of you two HAS to be the lynch. I would be very surprised if the board looks remotely the same come this time tomorrow.

Foregone conclusion is true enough. However Yates's vote could swing that momentum, which I was pointing out. Additionally considering we are only a day out with minimal vote activity so far, it does have a bigger impact imo.

I also wouldn't be THAT surprised if the wagons don't change that much by deadline.

I get that.  And I don't fault you for feeling that way.  I've long said that I expect new players to come in and be more observational than to provide strong opinions and kind of go with the flow.  When a new player comes in and takes a lot of hard stances and really starts pushing people, I question where that insight is coming from.

Even those few reads you just gave gives everyone SOMETHING to work with on reading YOU, so thank you.

I disagree with your take that it would be protecting Tina, however.

Think it through. I'd be forcing AJ to unvote Tina [who he is voting] in favor of RTE [to create another tie]. Thus, I wouldn't be protecting RTE; I'd be trying to generate a 3rd vote on him to tie the wagons. The only person that would make out in this scenario is Tina.

Honestly, I haven't read the thread. I was hoping to stir up some reactions and play from there. I'll try to get caught up as we go.

BTW, WRT post 264, reread it with this in mind:

I think AJ is dangerously charming. Does that help?

I get that.  And I don't fault you for feeling that way.  I've long said that I expect new players to come in and be more observational than to provide strong opinions and kind of go with the flow.  When a new player comes in and takes a lot of hard stances and really starts pushing people, I question where that insight is coming from.

Even those few reads you just gave gives everyone SOMETHING to work with on reading YOU, so thank you.

:rolleyes: Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

Welcome aboard Yates!  hows the lil one?

Thanks, brother! She's perfect...

ok i went back and looked and the one thing that strikes me about AJs post you referenced struck me when he made it. He uses some words that others have used this game that i dont recall seeing from him before. such as scum side of null. and he has done that a couple of times this game said stuff thats very like what someone else has said.

I hadn't noticed that. Not what I was going for but an interesting take.

That makes a lot of sense, and with that new perspective, I'll concede that Tina would benefit.  

I actually assumed you were just trying to get him in the lead to see who would jump on board with your accusation.  "Oh yeah, Yates, I totally get where you're going about that reads list.  AJ looks pretty sketchy".  Then they vote, hoping you would do the work, and you would be like "lols guyz, just joshin.  AJ's cool - nice way to drive a lynch without contributing."

well if thats what he was goin for it just went out the window clov....

I assumed it went out the window when he said

Honestly, I haven't read the thread. I was hoping to stir up some reactions and play from there. I'll try to get caught up as we go.

:wink:

BTW, WRT post 264, reread it with this in mind:

I think AJ is dangerously charming. Does that help?

So, the coax line I assume? You think I'm trying to get the newbie to speak more so I can chew her up.

That's an interesting thought, but my problem with that is if you haven't read the thread how can you have an idea whether or not I'm being genuine with my post? Have you looked through who I was talking about in order to gauge that?

So, the coax line I assume? You think I'm trying to get the newbie to speak more so I can chew her up.

No. But interesting introspective.

Yates, I'm thinking of a number between 37 and 812.  Are you thinking of the same one I am?

ff488cebd9ff41967876006874f77e22c0f7fbba

Darthe, you missed my unvote.

[unvote]

I hope you have a damn good reason Yates.

You of all players I expect to recognize town!AJ. Furthermore I think it's pretty irresponsible of you, if you're a townie, to throw your vote like that before you've read the game in whole. I also think you should know that.

Besides that - welcome to the game. Let's hustle

I really, like really, don't like the bolded part. There are two million reasons to call out his vote on you, and you choose... "You shouldn't know my play better than that", which is probably the weakest you could have chosen. Was thinking about voting you for this (and a bit for the followup), but I think I'll let it go for now because I'm not certain enough that I want to be responsible for a train on you. Big FoS though.

Like I said before, I hope you have a damn good reason.

Considering the voting activity we've had I don't think it's at all insignificant, two votes or a dozen, a tie is a tie and you picking one over the other is important regardless if the reason for it is readily obvious. I've considered moving my vote to RTE and still might seeing as how the Day continues but for now I will remain on Tina for my own reasons. Me pointing out the potentiality of your action doesn't mean I have to immediately react to it either. As you said before, maybe you're just trying to see what reactions you garner? If that's the case I don't appreciate being your bait but as of right now that ease I had on your slot from Red is dissipating until you give me some specifics to address.

To be honest I feel like you're making a bit much out of basically nothing here. It's what, 30 or 36 hours to deadline (I only know 8 PM EST which is in the middle of the night for me) and you're making a huge point about getting a train of 3 when 8 are needed to lynch. At some point that 3, which is a number that small it can almost happen purely with page 1 joke votes, will have to be crossed, and most of the D1's it gets crossed at least two or three times. Why assume it won't happen here? Basically everyone can get lynched at this point, with three votes on you. One very scummy post right before bedtime can do it.

:rolleyes: Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

A good thing. If people have nothing to work with reading you, they're going to assume you're scum. If they do have something to read you with, they may read you scum, but they may also read you town. It doesn't save you, but it does increase the chance.

You should learn a thing or two about perspective then, Ley. If you don't understand why Yates voting me in the manner he did considering our dynamic together and the stage of the game after I have explained why it alarmed me then you probably aren't going to understand regardless of what I say. Town!Yates in that situation does not vote for me unless he is either 1) pulling a gambit or 2) not actually town!Yates. He has more or less polarized himself to these two outcomes imo.

Again though, these whole "I don't wanna be responsible for your train" excuses reek. If you have plausible reason to believe I am scum then it's your duty as a townie to eliminate me. Like it's literally the stated win condition in every game for town players.

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

I was going to mention this too. It really helps the mafia be laid back and lazy with their votes as they won't have to do an obvious pile on the achieve a town lynch. They might just need 1 or 2 or maybe even none if the town can't be arsed to put a good solid vote down.

Anyone sitting on fence and dilly dallying with I'll Vote later comments I'm not comfortable with you at all. Similarly those intending to place a vote on someone in a bit. Why are you so worried at raking a stance.

The other thing is ill push a train from the station to the beach to get a target lynched. No one seems interested in Rte. I think if he weren't mafia someone would have gone with me and let me lead the lynch.

I still think he's mafia

I´m so sorry to do this but I won´t post anything good today. A lot has happened today, I´m exhausted and I lost all my notes that I wrote yesterday which means that I need to go back to find answers to your questions. I don´t work tomorrow so I will try to sit down to do it tomorrow morning instead. It should be well before deadline. 

Just some very quick comments:

1. AJ - fluff was not the best word I could have chosen because you had written about the game. I´ll explain more tomorrow.

2. Yates - I don´t get the hints about AJ´s post.

3. I agree with Dice that it´s one thing to pop in and post some quick posts in other thread and another to sit down and take your time with a mafia game.

4. To Ithi and Turin - is the "we" comment important or not in your oppinion?

As I said, sorry, will catch up tomorrow. 

The 'we' comment is important to me. It's an inclusive word. It groups people together. When clov asked me if WE had a mafia team of Rte dice and tress then I feel strongly that he was including himself thinking that too. Furthermore he made me and him into a We. Thus putting us together but then went on to say he thought I was mafia.

He's also taken on the role of town leader which always puts my teeth on edge as I'm not really one to be led. I find it a tad annoying how such people feel the need to imply that if you don't play the same as them or agree with what they say then they'll 'assume' intelligence because yeah I must be stoopid really blah blah blah

I'm quite sure I've never felt the need to question the intelligence of another player who disagreed with me but folks are folks and wotnot

You should learn a thing or two about perspective then, Ley. If you don't understand why Yates voting me in the manner he did considering our dynamic together and the stage of the game after I have explained why it alarmed me then you probably aren't going to understand regardless of what I say. Town!Yates in that situation does not vote for me unless he is either 1) pulling a gambit or 2) not actually town!Yates. He has more or less polarized himself to these two outcomes imo.

Again though, these whole "I don't wanna be responsible for your train" excuses reek. If you have plausible reason to believe I am scum then it's your duty as a townie to eliminate me. Like it's literally the stated win condition in every game for town players.

I'm not sure if you're using a meta-argument like "you should know him better than that" or if I missed something blatantly obvious or something, but saying "you should have recognized me as a town" does NOT sound well to me. In general people claiming to be on their town meta just sounds scummy to me. You don't call yourself town, others do. If you call yourself town, then you're nudging people into it even though you might be playing really scummy.

And I don't want to be responsible for your train because I am not sure enough that you are scum. I don't want my vote to cause an avalance that can't be stopped while I'm not even certain I'm voting the right person. I wait with my vote until I am either pretty sure about someone compared to the others (or there are multiple that are basically screaming "I am scum, lynch me") or until it's less than 24 hours to the deadline, with "not being able to get on anymore" being the most important part. And I won't hide that I'm not really a leader. To lead, you need to be able to build strong cases. I can pick things out, draw attention to things, but building a case that makes the target think "maybe I should just give up and admit that I'm scum" is not something I can do.

When I DO vote, it is the target that I myself believe is the best lynch, except if it's less than 3 hours to deadline and we need to get a majority.

Archived