DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should learn a thing or two about perspective then, Ley. If you don't understand why Yates voting me in the manner he did considering our dynamic together and the stage of the game after I have explained why it alarmed me then you probably aren't going to understand regardless of what I say. Town!Yates in that situation does not vote for me unless he is either 1) pulling a gambit or 2) not actually town!Yates. He has more or less polarized himself to these two outcomes imo.

Again though, these whole "I don't wanna be responsible for your train" excuses reek. If you have plausible reason to believe I am scum then it's your duty as a townie to eliminate me. Like it's literally the stated win condition in every game for town players.

I'm not sure if you're using a meta-argument like "you should know him better than that" or if I missed something blatantly obvious or something, but saying "you should have recognized me as a town" does NOT sound well to me. In general people claiming to be on their town meta just sounds scummy to me. You don't call yourself town, others do. If you call yourself town, then you're nudging people into it even though you might be playing really scummy.

And I don't want to be responsible for your train because I am not sure enough that you are scum. I don't want my vote to cause an avalance that can't be stopped while I'm not even certain I'm voting the right person. I wait with my vote until I am either pretty sure about someone compared to the others (or there are multiple that are basically screaming "I am scum, lynch me") or until it's less than 24 hours to the deadline, with "not being able to get on anymore" being the most important part. And I won't hide that I'm not really a leader. To lead, you need to be able to build strong cases. I can pick things out, draw attention to things, but building a case that makes the target think "maybe I should just give up and admit that I'm scum" is not something I can do.

When I DO vote, it is the target that I myself believe is the best lynch, except if it's less than 3 hours to deadline and we need to get a majority.

Okay fair enough on the thinking I look scummy for the calling myself town part. If that's something you consider a tell then that's your opinion. Again though, the point I am making you would have to consider from my perspective. While it's rather meta heavy I will try to break it down for you.

I know that Yates is a smart player and that he probably feels that he can read me pretty well.

From where I'm at, seeing Yates vote me without having read me in full to make a sound judgement call is an issue. The fact it put me in the lead sort of compounds this.

I don't think Yates, as a townie, votes me in that situation unless 1) he is scum or 2) he is trying to pull something and even then if he's just gauging for reactions I wouldn't say this makes him town 100% of the time. He's a crafty dude to say the least.

If he happens to think I'm actually scum I would expect him to be making a bigger deal of it instead of referring to one of my posts and leaving his reasoning open ended.

I like RTE's progression on Dice. Him coming back to answer questions about his catch up post is a good look, too. I don't like him as a lynch candidate today at all.

Who do you think are better options then?

Pop quiz. To everyone. If Darthe gave you a gun, or a baseball bat :wink: right now, who would you kill and why?

I'd kill RTE cos I think he's mafia.

Probably Tina for reasons I have stated before. The "lost all my notes so can't add anything meaningful but I'm gonna leave my vote anyway" post doesn't help either.

Bugger - stupid thing just posted itself

1. ReleaseTheEvil

2. Dicetosser1

3. Red2111

4. Pralaya

5. TinaHel

6. Hearthlight

7. Ithillian Kill RTE - Cos he's Mafia

8. Clovdyx

9. Andrej Kill Tina - Cos of reasons and apathy

10. Sooh

11. Turin Turambar

12. Leyrann

13. Songstress

14. Conquest

Pop quiz. To everyone. If Darthe gave you a gun, or a baseball bat :wink: right now, who would you kill and why?

Yates, because he cannot be trusted. :wink:

But seriously, RTE is most likely who I'll vote. My other potential scum reads are more nebulous.

Hoping to reread when I get home tonight to get everything in context - and make sure I'm not missing anything important from switching between skimming on my phone during the work day and hopping on the computer at home. I think there might be things i wanted to comment on that would require paging back and quoting.

I agree with RTE and I also do wonder why he hasn't gotten more traction since you are the one leading his lynch and most of those on record have you as town. If RTE is town then it makes it very very easy for one or to (which might be all that is needed) to jump on with a "well I'm not sure but I'm just gonna sheep my biggest town read on D1. So yeah RTE is my most likely mafia candidate.

Part of me tho now would also like to shoot AJ as I am finding his reaction to being voted a bit jumpy. It is more of a indy reaction. Frankly that is as much curiousity about if I am right about him.

The best kill I've got for you right now is Clovdy for coming on strong at the beginning and then fading into not much substance... 

I'm sure there will be plenty of posts while I'm asleep tonight, so I'll go through them in the morning and then make a vote before deadline. At least I'm starting to get a feeling for some of the players. 

Death List

1. ReleaseTheEvil

2. Dicetosser1

3. Red2111

4. Pralaya

5. TinaHel

6. Hearthlight

7. Ithillian - Kill RTE - Cos he's Mafia

8. Clovdyx

9. Andrej - Kill Tina - Cos of reasons and apathy

10. Sooh

11. Turin Turambar

12. Leyrann

13. Songstress - Kill Yates - Can't be trusted

14. Conquest

Death List

1. ReleaseTheEvil

2. Dicetosser1

3. Yates (not Red)

4. Pralaya

5. TinaHel

6. Hearthlight

8. Clovdyx

10. Sooh - Kill Clov - For going strong to faded

11. Turin Turambar - Kill RTE - Cos finding Mafia is important

12. Leyrann

14. Conquest

Turin - why so hard to just say you think he's Mafia?

@Turin

How would you classify a reaction as mafia or Indy? Also, what about my reaction do you not like?

Going softly into the night isn't really my style. I'll swing if that's what it comes down to, but I want every single person on my wagon to state why and have some level of accountability for it.

@Turin

How would you classify a reaction as mafia or Indy? Also, what about my reaction do you not like?

Going softly into the night isn't really my style. I'll swing if that's what it comes down to, but I want every single person on my wagon to state why and have some level of accountability for it.

You know he's voting for RTE right? I know this cos I'm voting RTE and he's next to me on the list. He's not on your wagon. Why so jumpy?

The Yates thing was a joke, Ithi.

I assume since Darthe isn't actually going to hand out vig shots willy nilly that the point of the exercise is to identify who everyone would declare as their top mafia suspect - which I made clear right now is RTE.

Yes I realize he is voting RTE. I am asking him to clarify since he characterized my reaction as "Indy" instead of just bad. He is showing a strange tendency in regarding my as 3rd party instead of just scum in general.

I am not being jumpy. I am actively engaging people who are either voting for me or calling me scum because I want them on record for it in the event I do get lynched.

I assume since Darthe isn't actually going to hand out vig shots willy nilly that the point of the exercise is to identify who everyone would declare as their top mafia suspect - which I made clear right now is RTE.

Then you should have said Kill RTE and not made a joke.

[unvote]
[v]Turin[/v]

I don't think his argument about serial killer equity fits with the conclusions he reached, and I still think there's an implication he knows AJ isn't mafia.  Also think he might have slipped here when discussing Pral's stance on me.

Don't understand how you can say that Red is taking easy prey when you are saying you see Clov as town. I know you aren't going to suggest that Clov is an "easy lynch" right. 

There had been a LOT of negative attention on me early in the game, so in the context of this game, Pral's claim makes a ton of sense.  I don't think I'm an easy lynch overall, so I can kinda see Turin's point there... except I've played a hundred games with me.  I'm pretty sure this is Turin's first game with me.  So how does he know whether I'm an easy lynch?

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

I was going to mention this too. It really helps the mafia be laid back and lazy with their votes as they won't have to do an obvious pile on the achieve a town lynch. They might just need 1 or 2 or maybe even none if the town can't be arsed to put a good solid vote down.

Anyone sitting on fence and dilly dallying with I'll Vote later comments I'm not comfortable with you at all. Similarly those intending to place a vote on someone in a bit. Why are you so worried at raking a stance.

The other thing is ill push a train from the station to the beach to get a target lynched. No one seems interested in Rte. I think if he weren't mafia someone would have gone with me and let me lead the lynch.

I still think he's mafia

Hate, hate, hate this reasoning.  THIS is what I consider an opportunistic push - guilting people into pushing him.  You're basically saying that anybody that gets some attention but doesn't get much traction HAS to be mafia.  By that logic, YOU are mafia because mafia would have gone with me and let me lead a lynch on you if you were town.  Tina is mafia, otherwise somebody would have followed AJ.  

@AJ, first I'm voting RTE not you so there is that.

Secondly, I would say that your reaction is more in line with an indy. Since once the Indy gets lynched it is over for him. As mafia you could at least spread some WIFOM or do some anti spew. I am not seeing that just a aversion to the votes without really saying why they shouldn't be there. The only thing big gameplay thing making me question right now is that I think you would have followed immediately onto RTE to save yourself. 

I'll update the list. now you go sleep. Nanight :wub:

Death List

1. ReleaseTheEvil
2. Dicetosser1
3. Yates (not Red)
4. Pralaya
5. TinaHel
6. Hearthlight
8. Clovdyx - Kill Turin - He knows more than he aught to
10. Sooh - Kill Clov - For going strong to faded
11. Turin Turambar - Kill RTE - Cos finding Mafia is important
12. Leyrann
14. Conquest

Turin - why so hard to just say you think he's Mafia?

Then you should have said Kill RTE and not made a joke.

Ahh, I have been properly chastised for having a sense of humor, even when followed by "but seriously". :dry:

Archived