Red, Laya,, HL3, Sooh, Tress, Dice

This phase ends on March 4th at 8PM EST

Apparently Darthe isn't counting unvotes in this round either :dry:

[v]##Tina[/v]

I'd like some clarity when she returns.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is currently a thematic reference in the sign-up thread, a reference in the OP and one other that are unclaimed.

Once eight or more are found this game will change.  

How many have been found thus far?

Can you elaborate on the Turin thing, AJ?  I don't think I've played with EITHER of them, so I'd appreciate it if you can explain how you think Town!Turin would approach her - and more importantly, how it differs from what he's been doing here.

I thought his questions were pretty decent.  Timing aside, him asking me to elaborate on the Dice/RTE reads was perfectly acceptable IMO and I appreciated him questioning me about Ithi.  

I haven't seen much by way of them interacting thus far, so I couldn't really provide a difference yet. They play sort of like Leelou and Verb do to give you something to compare it with. Turin is usually pretty quick to side with Ithi regardless of his alignment, so that in itself isn't very indicative. Basically what it boils down to is that you have to decide if you think he's doing this from the perspective that he is genuinely town reading her or working from the position that he already knows that she is town. This, of course, is dependent on Ithi actually being a villager - but I think you catch my drift.

I can't really explain too much what I didn't like about his questions other than to say that they felt 'off' to me. Basically gut feelz. From my experience with Turin he can be very obviously town and a strong asset to the team but at the same time stands out pretty clearly when he's mafia. I've got a limited sample size so far in this game but to me he sounds guarded.

That's all pretty fair.  To follow up with the bold, the only thing that stood out to me was how he kind of guided me towards an answer, about the inactives.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

The first question is pretty straight forward.  However, he specifies three people, leaving a couple off (Leyrann, like I pointed out earlier, but Sooh as well).  And the final question basically gives the answer that I feel at least one of them is scummy for me, even if I hadn't.

Ithi is always town until proven otherwise. It is simple numbers. I don't even know the last game she was mafia in. Maybe WWII which was ages ago. Add that IMO she is about the best player I know I will side with her unless it becomes fairly obvious she is not town. So sue me. 

@ AJ, I find it odd that you list me as being an obvious townie when I have been lynched as town a fair amount. It must be because my questions are so sinister. I will broadcast as ridiculous town when it serves a purpose. I think the last time i did was in the Sherlock Holmes game due to the mechanics of the roles Pral and I had. ( i was basically trying to draw the mafia kill from the outset because I was protected early at least)  

I found Tress' response to be more likely to come from a mafiosa than not so my bias was included into the question. I wanted to see what you had to say about them as at the time it was one of the few things to discuss.

I think I already addressed Ley and Sooh as null to me which is why I didn't include them.    

Bold: I don't really like this. Does not everyone have an equal chance to get mafia, and is, at the very start of the game, not everyone therefore equally scummy? Should the best course of action not to be too start with a null read on everyone?

Italics: I agree here. I was first like "but I don't really see Turin as obvious town when I play with him" when I read that post, and then you reminded me that, indeed, I am not alone in that. Weird statement from AJ.

Alright, just caught up with the game.

Ithi and Clov argument seems pretty townish. Ithi seems to be the town here, with most of her arguments relating to how I have seen Ithi play (I have not seen her as mafia, so well, don't know how she plays as scum). Her acting confused with her reads, her picking out small things from the text (like "we") and using it to make her reads etc.

Clov is playing like someone who is slightly pushed into a corner. I agree with his initial assessments but seeing how he responded to Ithi, don't think he is mafia here.

However, I do see Turin probably trying to pander to Ithi. I mean, everyone expects Turin to stand by Ithi and this is probably him forcing himself this game. Don't like that vibe.

Also, don't like Red's push on Clov. Seems to be taking the easy prey. His reasons sounds forced.

Can you explain the bolded more? I'm not sure I understand nor do I get the impression Clov is playing on his heels.

I didn't soft push Rte. I voted him good and proper. And then I looked at everyone else. Including clov

Completely true, but I meant just at the time I proposed that question.  This is the serious of posts that happened - 

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Fencesitter.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

I've already given my thoughts on Dice and RTE overall. In terms of the "disappearing", I would rank them in this order for most suspect to least:

1) Tress

2) RTE

3) Dice

Dice made the opening post and nobody else posted for two hours. I can't fault him for not having interactions if nobody's around to interact with. RTE had a couple soft interactions so that looks good, but I would have liked to see his reply to Ithillian. Tress looks the worst of the three because timestamps suggest she was paying attention but sitting back until that exact moment, and even with actual gameplay (Ithi voting RTE), abstained from saying anything of consequence.

What do YOU think about Leyrann? I noticed you left him off.

You're so cute, Clov. I just want to take you home and snuggle you, but I fear a vengeful Linz.

Fluffy 'I'm not a threat' post

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working  :sad: )

Reply whilst not actually replying post.

Everyone is so suspect. Ugh.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Fencesitter.

Fluffy 'I'm not a threat' post

Do you think we're looking at a Dice/RTE/Tress scumteam?  Or two of them with one as a SK?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out whether you actually thought those posts suggested that's the scumteam, or if you were just wasting time by making meaningless accusations on people you're pretty much indifferent on.  Does that make sense?

I'm glad that I looked back at this, because yes, it does make sense to me and now I understand where you were coming from in this regard. I thought your question about the Dice/Tress/RTE team was a little awkward at the time but I get why you asked it now that you've laid out the posts.

As many have already touched on, however, this is basically an example of what Ithi does. As miniscule as the accusations may seem, the way a player reacts to them will generally propel her in one direction or another.

I don't do ping. It means nothing. I said what I mean because I mean it. It's very simple.

Agreed 100%.

As for the rest, you might.  But it's also an easy way for you to accuse somebody, if you're scum, without any real evidence or conviction.  I think (far too) highly of myself, but I don't even think I'm capable of understanding someone's mindset from reading just one word.  

So if I'm wrong about you being scum, I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more clear in where you actually stand IRT other players.  "I assume everybody is scum until proven otherwise" is an awful look.

Reading pretty genuine here Clov, I'm liking your game thus far.

Clov

you cant factor this in cause you havent seen it but i also factor in the usual way turin and ithi are in a game. especially turin. He buddies the hell outta Ithi. He is also very hard to pick as mafia   unless ure despo and then turin is ALWAYS mafia   and i find these sort of well worded posts are ones he makes as either alignment. Turin as scum has motivation to to stop a fight ithi is involved in. If he acts differently towards Ithi in the slightest everyone will jump on him for it and ithi will probably be the first to do it.

gotta go to work now

Pretty insightful post by Dice imo. I'm not really agreeing with his read on Turin at this point, but I think the depth of thought he put here is a pretty good indicator of where he's coming from this round.

I meant to respond to this in the above WOT but forgot to and didn't bother double checking before I hit the 'post' button.

Anyway:

Can you elaborate on the Turin thing, AJ?  I don't think I've played with EITHER of them, so I'd appreciate it if you can explain how you think Town!Turin would approach her - and more importantly, how it differs from what he's been doing here.

I thought his questions were pretty decent.  Timing aside, him asking me to elaborate on the Dice/RTE reads was perfectly acceptable IMO and I appreciated him questioning me about Ithi.  

I haven't seen much by way of them interacting thus far, so I couldn't really provide a difference yet. They play sort of like Leelou and Verb do to give you something to compare it with. Turin is usually pretty quick to side with Ithi regardless of his alignment, so that in itself isn't very indicative. Basically what it boils down to is that you have to decide if you think he's doing this from the perspective that he is genuinely town reading her or working from the position that he already knows that she is town. This, of course, is dependent on Ithi actually being a villager - but I think you catch my drift.

I can't really explain too much what I didn't like about his questions other than to say that they felt 'off' to me. Basically gut feelz. From my experience with Turin he can be very obviously town and a strong asset to the team but at the same time stands out pretty clearly when he's mafia. I've got a limited sample size so far in this game but to me he sounds guarded.

That's all pretty fair.  To follow up with the bold, the only thing that stood out to me was how he kind of guided me towards an answer, about the inactives.

The first question is pretty straight forward.  However, he specifies three people, leaving a couple off (Leyrann, like I pointed out earlier, but Sooh as well).  And the final question basically gives the answer that I feel at least one of them is scummy for me, even if I hadn't.

Ithi is always town until proven otherwise. It is simple numbers. I don't even know the last game she was mafia in. Maybe WWII which was ages ago. Add that IMO she is about the best player I know I will side with her unless it becomes fairly obvious she is not town. So sue me. 

@ AJ, I find it odd that you list me as being an obvious townie when I have been lynched as town a fair amount. It must be because my questions are so sinister. I will broadcast as ridiculous town when it serves a purpose. I think the last time i did was in the Sherlock Holmes game due to the mechanics of the roles Pral and I had. ( i was basically trying to draw the mafia kill from the outset because I was protected early at least)  

I found Tress' response to be more likely to come from a mafiosa than not so my bias was included into the question. I wanted to see what you had to say about them as at the time it was one of the few things to discuss.

I think I already addressed Ley and Sooh as null to me which is why I didn't include them.    

Bold: I don't really like this. Does not everyone have an equal chance to get mafia, and is, at the very start of the game, not everyone therefore equally scummy? Should the best course of action not to be too start with a null read on everyone?

Italics: I agree here. I was first like "but I don't really see Turin as obvious town when I play with him" when I read that post, and then you reminded me that, indeed, I am not alone in that. Weird statement from AJ.

You disagreeing with my statement doesn't make it weird or even necessarily untrue. It's just a difference in opinion. I have a certain way that I view Turin in games as I'm sure you do too. As I mentioned earlier there a few games that come to mind that I could reference where I correctly read Turin as a townie and others where I correctly read him as mafia. I would say that this game I'm seeing more of his town side, would you agree or disagree?

@AJ, I will retract the word handshake because that is just the wrong word. Perhaps better would be introduction. I would still like to hear Dice tell me what he got from it and the reasoning he will give. 

As far as Tina we will have to disagree at this time. I do not think that her posting is very similar to that previous game. (I didn't play but did read it) I found the manner of her questioning Dice to be more in line with the town Tina I have seen in more recent games. I will be interested to hear how she resolves some of the inconsistencies in the list but it is D1 and I have inconsistencies in my own thoughts right now. Or at least conflicting ones. 

I know you will think something is off about Tina saying that your posts were fluffy. I would have referred to them as light hearted, perhaps even flippant. Sort of like Tommy can get. You mentioned that you had content by volume but sometimes too many words are used when fewer would be more effective. You know what I mean? I am guilty of it sometimes when I am trying to get a point across. Maybe even now. You are still an either or for me. Your not the SK are you?

We need to hear more from the quiet people also. 

Sooh, Quest, HL, Pral, RTE (some more in depth thoughts please), Tress (did something happen or did I miss her promised post?) Anyone else I missed.

@AJ, I will retract the word handshake because that is just the wrong word. Perhaps better would be introduction. I would still like to hear Dice tell me what he got from it and the reasoning he will give. 

As far as Tina we will have to disagree at this time. I do not think that her posting is very similar to that previous game. (I didn't play but did read it) I found the manner of her questioning Dice to be more in line with the town Tina I have seen in more recent games. I will be interested to hear how she resolves some of the inconsistencies in the list but it is D1 and I have inconsistencies in my own thoughts right now. Or at least conflicting ones. 

I know you will think something is off about Tina saying that your posts were fluffy. I would have referred to them as light hearted, perhaps even flippant. Sort of like Tommy can get. You mentioned that you had content by volume but sometimes too many words are used when fewer would be more effective. You know what I mean? I am guilty of it sometimes when I am trying to get a point across. Maybe even now. You are still an either or for me. Your not the SK are you?

We need to hear more from the quiet people also. 

Sooh, Quest, HL, Pral, RTE (some more in depth thoughts please), Tress (did something happen or did I miss her promised post?) Anyone else I missed.

First bold: I can understand having conflicting reads.

2nd: I can say that I was being lighthearted in some of my earlier posts, but once things started to get into gear I have focused more on actual game content. I'd like to see how her progression goes as well considering the new posts I've added tonight. I still think characterizing my posts as fluffy is grossly understated considering what she had brought to the table at that point. I could quote for effect, and may later, but to say the least most were off-topic or informing us she'd be gone for the next while.

Also, I can appreciate the sake of brevity and in the future will try to be more concise with my points. 

3rd: Nope, I'm town this round. I also don't think SK hunting at this stage is really important until we have proof of there being one. For now I'm just going to focus on players I think are scummy.

Caught up!

Lol at Turin for the Frozen comment. Well played.

Moving on: Turin, Ithi, Clov town on town violence. All town. Play nice with each other now.

Ley is town. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

Tress is on her meta, but is also explicitly using her meta.

I'm going to be wary of Sooh because I always give the noobs a free pass and it bites me in the bum. Conquest is more concerned about potential nicknames than the game at the moment but can't blame him. 

This has been a really excellent day 1 so far. Seriously. Really impressive stuff. Maybe time off does us good? Although as Ithi said it is distressing when a Darthe game of all things takes so long to fill. Maybe he's just made too many people angry at this point. :wink: Like you discussed with Ley, you need the badass games with the insane roles again. Such fond memories. Speaking of which need to update my siggy.

Annnnnnnnnnnd [v] #Dice [/] 

Fun to be back. Nice to see everyone again. Some people haven't changed, which is a good thing. Nice when you have played SO many games with people you get a good read for when they are on their norm (i.e. town) or not. Ithi curious to see you break your meta next time around, you're in full swing right now. Poor Clov just didn't know better. Don't think he's scum though. 

Talk to me about Leyrann.  I felt his stances this game have all been fairly cookie cutter (Ithi being fine, Dice being good, Turin a little scummy for how he's tying himself to Ithillian), and by his own admission, didn't bother to check if I had said what Red insinuated I said (or if I was telling the truth about NOT saying it).  Despite this, he pressured me by echoing her sentiments about my reads.  None of that makes me super comfortable with just writing him off.

What do you label as Scum!Dice versus Town!Dice?

Bold - I don't find anything the least bit scummy by a player making that admission.  

Feeling a bit nauseous after eating dinner (I hope the leftovers haven't gone bad :unsure:) but I pushed through and scanned a few ISOs to gather impressions...

1. ReleaseTheEvil - I don't see where he's coming from with his assertion that Dice is being "more scum Dice than town Dice".  I find his commentary on AJ odd. So far he's the one I'm feeling most strongly may be mafia.

2. Dicetosser1 - As previously stated, he's reading very much town to me. I flatter myself that I'm good at reading Dice, and as of right now he's pretty firmly in my town pile. 

3. Red2111 - Not enough RedWoTs to get a good feel for her yet... although Red is hard for me to read, primarily because many of the things she focuses on (especially early game) are either extremely minor or appear to be misrepresentations, and it's inordinately difficult to tell if she's intentionally trying to trump up a case because she's mafia, or because she's trying to beat the grass as town, or because she just honestly is reading something in a way that baffles me as any alignment.  Reserving judgment for now.

4. Pralaya - No idea.  I don't necessarily agree with some of the points he made in his one post so far, and I find some of them confusing.  

5. TinaHel - Her reads list was fairly specific for most people, which is nice - but I have enough disagreement with her reasoning that I'm uneasy with it.  Slightly on the scum side of null at the moment.

6. Hearthlight - I got nothin'.

7. Ithillian - definite town read.

8. Clovdyx - I'm trying to be very cautious reading Clov, because much of the reason why I want to think he's potential mafia is because he seems to be nudging me for what he should know is invalid reasoning.  Yes, you've seen me make myself painfully obvious as town before, but never on page 4, approximately 12 hours into a newly started game, because that's not how I have ever played.  Not willing to trust the Clov at this stage.

9. Andrej - Townish lean.  I think he's capable of fooling me, but I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

10. Sooh - Null at the moment - I'm not sure why people are pushing her as scummy to be honest, first time players usually fumble through their first game, especially early, with little of consequence to say unless they are being mentored or coached. I'm not seeing anything to concern me at this stage.

11. Turin Turambar - My gut feelings are mixed.  I know Turin is very much able to fool me, so I need more time and flips to feel comfortable taking a position here.  I did like his points on RTE, but I disagree with quite a lot of his other reads.

12. Leyrann - Slight town lean. His thought process is clear and comes across as very natural.

14. Conquest - Waiting for more content - based on what he's posted, I'm a little less comfortable with him than with Sooh, but both are pretty much null.

Because I don't currently see him as town, but I am not sure he is acting like a mafioso. That leaves third party. I am fairly confident that there is a SK in this game. I wanted to see how he answered of course. 

I remember playing a different game in which he was an SK. Some of his posts this game gave me the same vibe. 

Tenets Room Key #:
1. ReleaseTheEvil - More on the scummy side of null until I get some more content where he explains the reads in his last post. I feel like he's handing out some town reads without really explaining them which alarms me. I also don't understand what he was getting at by saying I couldn't be 'town AJ' for admitting that I have read him wrongly in the past.
2. Dicetosser1 - Town lean. As I stated earlier I think him taking the initiative to engage me from the outset of the game is much more likely to come from town!Dice than otherwise. I get some of the points people are raising about him with how he argues, but the guy isn't what I would consider a wordsmith so I think a lot of his points are misunderstood.
3. Red2111 - Soft town lean. I've made a note to myself to go back and look at her post again where she voted Clov, but I remember while glancing over it earlier today while reading from my phone that it felt very Red-like, which is to say that she can make a mountain of molehills at times. I'll need more from her, but Red has a way of town telling that I can pick up on pretty quickly so I don't think she'll be a hard read to pin down once she gets more involved.
4. Pralaya - Pretty null. He's another that I tend to read opposite of his actual alignment so I will need more time to figure him out.
5. TinaHel - Pretty suspect to me at the moment. I really dislike how she generalized my posts and some of the other things she pointed out regarding other players. I feel like she is either missing important dialogue or just not paying attention.
6. Hearthlight - Zero posts. Needs a prod seeing as how we're about 48h underway.
7. Ithillian - Town lean. I think Clov's point that the way she can fling suspicion wouldn't be hard to fake as mafia but in general she's playing on her town game which tends to be wielded more like a club imo.
8. Clovdyx - Probably my best town lean at this point. Reading through his content today I get the sense he's trying very hard to be understood and has good exchanges with several players. Seems sharp and on his toes.
9. Andrej - GOAT
10. Sooh - Trying to coax out of her shell. I've noticed that she has a decent amount of posts in count as I go through the thread but most are off-topic. I'm curious what she will come back with considering she stated earlier that she wanted to gather her thoughts and place a vote. I'm attempting to be lenient considering it's her first game but there are already several issues I'm starting to have.
11. Turin Turambar - Town lean. He's coming across much more level-headed and composed which I associate with his town game. I think he has done a good job explaining himself and asking well reasoned questions.
12. Leyrann - Null to town. Nothing from his posts really jump out at me but he seems to be relaxed and I liked some of his dialogue with Turin regarding Turin's statement that 'Ithi is always town' or whatever. Turin made a wise point that I can agree with that if Ley is mafia he'll probably show himself before too long.
13. Songstress - Nullish. Wanting to see more after she promised for some thoughts today but hasn't delivered yet. I can see the points raised against her at the moment but one of her responses in particular rang sort of true for me. Not exactly in WTL territory yet but she's on the cusp if I continue getting the sense that she's hanging in the background.
14. Conquest - Interested to see what he comes back with after voting me yesterday. As Turin pointed out earlier I can't really fault him for following someone early on as a new player but I would like to see some of his own personal thoughts on the game state to get a better idea on him.

Turin, why did you ask if AJ was the serial killer? That is an incredibly specific question, and I found it very incriminating.  For you, I mean.

Sharp. :wink:

I get your logic here.

Because I don't currently see him as town, but I am not sure he is acting like a mafioso. That leaves third party. I am fairly confident that there is a SK in this game. I wanted to see how he answered of course. 

I remember playing a different game in which he was an SK. Some of his posts this game gave me the same vibe. 

I remember that game as well. In the end we were both 3rd party players in some sort of wacky unknown team (#FullDarthe). That's actually one of the examples I would've referenced where I snuffed you out as scum, even if I was too technically.

I stand by my statement that SK hunting at this stage is premature but I get how you'd have the idea there would be one considering the flavor and roles Darthe posted.

You were literally obvious town ONE post (total, not just one of YOUR posts) into Despot's ABBA game, though to be fair, that was highly dependent on a game mechanic that I've never seen in another game.  Also really obvious town early in Nyn's Buffy game when you hydra'd with Kaylee.  Mostly because of how you handled Cory trying to get everybody to PM him.

Darthe, implement some mechanic I can exploit as a way of GOATreading Tress. :|

The reads look reasonable enough to me.  Tress seems like a genuinely cautious person in mafia to me, so I can see why she'd be apprehensive about going all in on people that have fooled her before.  I don't think that's just her refusing to commit so she can push their lynch or wagonhop if necessary.

Turin, why did you ask if AJ was the serial killer? That is an incredibly specific question, and I found it very incriminating.  For you, I mean.

Sharp. :wink:

I get your logic here.

I remember that game as well. In the end we were both 3rd party players in some sort of wacky unknown team (#FullDarthe). That's actually one of the examples I would've referenced where I snuffed you out as scum, even if I was too technically.

I stand by my statement that SK hunting at this stage is premature but I get how you'd have the idea there would be one considering the flavor and roles Darthe posted.

Well to be honest my role (cult jester) required me to try to get lynched, so I was kinda obvious.

I'm fairly confident there's a serial killer this game, too, but I'm also fairly confident that there are multiple mafia members.  If somebody's scummy, math alone says they're more likely to be mafia than Indy.  Yet you're not considering that.  Why?  What separates a SK in play from mafia?

For me to be blunt a SK can usually play more townie than mafia members. Especially in early game. The reason is simple they don't really care who gets lynched during the day as long as it isn't them. So they can honestly search for mafia. They play more to the middle. Trying to be sensible but not really be the one pushing lynches. Cause the one thing they surely do not want to do is to become a target for the mafia. 

That is why I was concerned  as the conflicting impression I get from AJ (and you) fits that mold.  

Tenets Room Key #:

2. Dicetosser1 - Town lean. As I stated earlier I think him taking the initiative to engage me from the outset of the game is much more likely to come from town!Dice than otherwise. I get some of the points people are raising about him with how he argues, but the guy isn't what I would consider a wordsmith so I think a lot of his points are misunderstood.

OI!! I too can smith words!!!

:biggrin:

im actually much better standing in front of 300 people and going off my head then i am here.

now i will try to answer everything but im not going heavy duty digging thru the thread.  let me know if i miss anything you wanna know

Turin

What I wanted from AJ was a response that i could tone read. (Yes tommy is rolling his eyes saying there is no such thing as tone reading but i maintain there is.) I pay particular attention to AJs opening posts. Why? Cause i once picked him out as mafia on his first or second post and it was a one word answer. The answer he gave me here was relaxed and he was playing around. Thats not mafia AJ.  Since then his posts have solidified that read for me. Add the fact that he and I are thinking the same a fair bit and you get why i have him as a strong town lean. In fact ure probably gonna whinge because we are thinking alike a lot.

Oh and Turin?? I cant fake my GoatDice game as mafia.  Ive improved my town game heaps but havent managed to get the scum game better.

Oh and as for me using feels??  get used to it. Feels is how I describe what Im taking away from your posts. My game is one of Gut reads tone reads and meta.  The gut read is more prominent D1 but can turn up suddenly at any time. you'll say something small (see my AJ example) and i will suddenly jump on it. Tone reading...i read these games like a novel. Each player is a character and over time I build a sense of what is normal for that character in both tone and behaviour. When you come across as off  you are outside what i expect of your character which immeadiately gets me questioning if its a one off or if you are mafia. Its not fool proof but there are some it works 100% of the time with. my problem is I can see that someone is mafia but I cant make good enuff cases to get them lynched. If I could Tommy would have been lynched every time we have played and he's been mafia   which is most of the games.

RTE

Tell me plz what is scumdice? describe it for me.

Tina. 

Turin get ready to whinge. Im with AJ here. that big post of hers made me instantly think of her posts last game. Usually Tina can read me as town pretty quick. That game not only did she not see it when i would have expected her too she actually had me down negatively. She's doing the same thing here. The entire post just feels too similar to that game and far too safe for it to be town tina. Scum lean 

There was something with reds first post that made me not like it but now i cant remember what it was. but it had me going red is mafia. but the fact i cant remember is making me think i was wrong.

So my town leans are Ithi AJ and Tress. Tress because shes more relaxed with her posts, shes calling me dicetastic. When Tress is mafia i think shes more careful, less playful.

If i really knew how to work clov out he'd be one too but hes hard for me so im leaving him to be watched just in case it turns out im stupid.

Im still not liking Turins posts and Tina is number 2 for me. As stated i need to see what it was about red.

hopefully that answers your questions Turin and yes im gonna try and find that thing of AJs for you next

For me to be blunt a SK can usually play more townie than mafia members. Especially in early game. The reason is simple they don't really care who gets lynched during the day as long as it isn't them. So they can honestly search for mafia. They play more to the middle. Trying to be sensible but not really be the one pushing lynches. Cause the one thing they surely do not want to do is to become a target for the mafia. 

That is why I was concerned  as the conflicting impression I get from AJ (and you) fits that mold.  

If you associate "being sensible but not being the one to push lynches" with SK behavior, I don't see an argument that either of us fit that mold at all.  I also don't think that argument fits with the reads list you gave out last night - where you listed Sooh and Conquest as null for kind of sitting back to observe, and Leyrann, Tina, and Red as slight townies... even though none has really taken a stance that was remotely against the grain.

I get the impression you're trying to frame an argument to support a conclusion you've already reached.  

Archived