DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Clov, Is very likely equates to what then about 95% town? to me very likely town and I have him as town are nearly the same thing. In my experience the term lockclear was being used by those that used it (not me ) for anything over 90% IMO. 

Asking questions or prodding of those that ping is not "wasting time"

If instead of saying "fencesitter" or "fluffy post" she had just said ping or some other way of expressing distaste for the post would it be different? 

First!

Vote #AJ  Im not mafia for once in a Darthe game so he MUST be!

Interesting.

In what Darthe games have you been Mafia?

Most.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Can you cite some examples of you being mafia in games Darthe has run? 

No worries about the interaction thing. I didn't notice the time stamps. I just assumed that the game had only just started when I saw my PM but I was doing other things earlier in the day and might have just missed it. 

I hate the ambiguous "something off" line. Especially since you give a reason for why you think it might be bad but immediately back away from it. 

Following your belief that I am trying to get the talk going another way, what was I trying to take the spotlight away from? 

BLUE   Im not good with mafia game names or remembering exactly what i was in which games. I know i was mafia last Darthe game which was here iirc and that post all came out of a joke darthe made last game as AJ explained. If Lenlo was in this game he would have got it too.  For whatever reason we three usually get mafia when darthe hosts games but this time i didnt so i decided to use it. It was funny for me and my target audience AND it got AJ to respond to me in a way that lets me start forming a read on him.

Also i seem to recall you putting up something about AJ's  post saying it was good to see me do something. Thats typical AJ. He reads me better then pretty much anyone except maybe yates. he has certain things he associates with TownDice.

RED  you know when you want to describe something but you just cant find the right words? Thats what it is. Hence i put something feels off. Its D1 and i go by my gut D1. right now my guts not liking your posts but i cant really articulate why.

Black  The convo between Clov and Ithi.

Blue: jokes are jokes. IT would be nice to have examples tho. Maybe AJ can provide them. Not sure what you are talking about WRT to what AJ posted about you. Not sure how I feel about you only putting forward that he reads you so good. Do you have any concern about him trying to pocket you?

Red: See what I wrote about AJ and not being able to articulate the reasons. Easy to after the fact say "WELP, my gut was off"

Black: SO why would I be trying to change the subject? I have Ithi solidly town. Clov I am unsure of. Am I trying to protect Ithi or Clov?

You apparently think I am mafia. Do you think Ithi is as well? Or do you think I'm trying to distance from Clov?

pocketing. of course i do. but that was part of the point of my first post. to get AJ to react to me so i could start getting a read on him.

gut  if its off its off. whatever but  as i said  thats how i play especially D1.

I think Pral nailed it. Your interactions with Ithi dont seem the same as normal. And heres a news flash for you Turin   you and Ithi are separate people. Why would my read of Ithi have any bearing on what I think of you? You say this (above) like if I think Ithi is Town then I have to think you are town too. Guess what? I dont have to do that.

Dice went for giggles and tress went for fuzziness. All a bit suspect.

a) it was the first post of the whole game

b) it had a purpose for me. it wasnt JUST giggles

Lock!clear means just what it sounds it - they are, from your POV, guaranteed to be town; you will not consider lynching them, you will not be revisiting them.  Write them off and move along.

Prodding things is a waste of time you don't follow up on it, you don't elaborate your opinion, and you don't post any conclusions.  I can quote a post made by literally anyone in this game and make a two word statement on why it's "scummy", but it's more helpful to everyone (to give another perspective on them, and to help your reading ME) if I actually discuss fewer people and say more about them.

If she had just said "ping", I would completely ignore her because there's literally nothing I can do with that.

Ive seen her as mafia clov and it can be very hard to tell the difference. I like to think i pick ithi as town well but she has tricked me.

Turin i will try to dig that thing AJ said up for you but i gotta go to work soon and probably wont get the chance there so it may have to wait til tonight

Wait... There's a "Little book of Darthe"? lol.. that's crazy...

It's legendary. It says stuff like: never explain roles. That way your players will have to go find and learn themselves. Only then will they prove worthy of a darthe game.

Assume I'm intelligent. Good job.

:hancock:

Turin, you have Ithi as solid town; I clearly don't.  The difference in our meta knowledge (and our personal biases) aside, can you tell me what you like about her gameplay?  

You can read the comments of all the others that have put Ithi in their town piles for basics. The biggest thing with Ithi is that she will react to something that sits wrong immediately and not let it go unless something else draw her attention. The RTE post where he suggests that either She or I must be mafia is one of those things. That he was trying to hide it in a "joke" makes it more troubling.

And the linking is a common thing in the past. We very rarely play in the same games now because of it. If you look at the thread you will see many people making subtle linkage.

Finally in another post you question if she is intelligent. This is a red flag for me because it is a tactic used by mafia in the past to get her upset and distracted from finding mafia. It is actually in Darthe's little book of mafia strategies.

Is she incapable of doing this as scum? Because everything I've seen people give her credit for this game is a meta argument - "that's how she plays as town" - yet apparently nobody here has seen her as scum.  So I don't really care if that's what she done before, if there's nothing to compare it to; I care about the quality of the argument.  The "he's setting up an either or lynch" is incredibly low quality.

As far as the bottom... trust me, I'm not questioning if she's intelligent.  You'll damn good and well if I reach that conclusion.

I have seen her as mafia. She can do similar things as mafia. It is really all about how she goes about it. Also She will be less likely to take on multiple targets as mafia. The fact that everyone looks suspect to her is a very good sign. 

You saying that mafia don't so this? or are you saying that they don't do it so early? I would argue that it could easily be seen as an attempt to lay groundwork for later on. something made as a joke that later gets added to until the case is there. And It is reasonable as many will base their reads for one or the other of us on how we react to each other and what they think of the other one. Maybe that is a paranoia on my part. I know I'm town and I am as sure of Ithi as I can be barring seeing her PM. 

I think there must be a word missing from your last sentence. 

Wait... There's a "Little book of Darthe"? lol.. that's crazy...

It's legendary. It says stuff like: never explain roles. That way your players will have to go find and learn themselves. Only then will they prove worthy of a darthe game.

Assume I'm intelligent. Good job.

:hancock:

I must be unworthy then.... Ah well... such is the world...

I don't do ping. It means nothing. I said what I mean because I mean it. It's very simple.

Agreed 100%.

As for the rest, you might.  But it's also an easy way for you to accuse somebody, if you're scum, without any real evidence or conviction.  I think (far too) highly of myself, but I don't even think I'm capable of understanding someone's mindset from reading just one word.  

So if I'm wrong about you being scum, I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more clear in where you actually stand IRT other players.  "I assume everybody is scum until proven otherwise" is an awful look.

Turin, you have Ithi as solid town; I clearly don't.  The difference in our meta knowledge (and our personal biases) aside, can you tell me what you like about her gameplay?  

You can read the comments of all the others that have put Ithi in their town piles for basics. The biggest thing with Ithi is that she will react to something that sits wrong immediately and not let it go unless something else draw her attention. The RTE post where he suggests that either She or I must be mafia is one of those things. That he was trying to hide it in a "joke" makes it more troubling.

And the linking is a common thing in the past. We very rarely play in the same games now because of it. If you look at the thread you will see many people making subtle linkage.

Finally in another post you question if she is intelligent. This is a red flag for me because it is a tactic used by mafia in the past to get her upset and distracted from finding mafia. It is actually in Darthe's little book of mafia strategies.

Is she incapable of doing this as scum? Because everything I've seen people give her credit for this game is a meta argument - "that's how she plays as town" - yet apparently nobody here has seen her as scum.  So I don't really care if that's what she done before, if there's nothing to compare it to; I care about the quality of the argument.  The "he's setting up an either or lynch" is incredibly low quality.

As far as the bottom... trust me, I'm not questioning if she's intelligent.  You'll damn good and well if I reach that conclusion.

I have seen her as mafia. She can do similar things as mafia. It is really all about how she goes about it. Also She will be less likely to take on multiple targets as mafia. The fact that everyone looks suspect to her is a very good sign. 

You saying that mafia don't so this? or are you saying that they don't do it so early? I would argue that it could easily be seen as an attempt to lay groundwork for later on. something made as a joke that later gets added to until the case is there. And It is reasonable as many will base their reads for one or the other of us on how we react to each other and what they think of the other one. Maybe that is a paranoia on my part. I know I'm town and I am as sure of Ithi as I can be barring seeing her PM. 

I think there must be a word missing from your last sentence. 

Bold - I can work with that.  I genuinely appreciate that insight.

The middle paragraph - I have no way of knowing how others have approached you two.  I concede that point.  However, I do know that in my entire time of playing mafia, I recall three distinct situations where an either/or scenario was brought up (not including to resolve counter-claim scenarios, since you basically have to lynch in that pool), so while it's not unheard of it's VERY rare.  And to be worried about less than a page into a game, with the context it was said in?  That's extreme paranoia, and I think RTE referring back to it at any point would be such a huge red flag that it's not a concern for me.

And yes, it should say "You'll know"

First!

Interesting.

Most.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

No worries about the interaction thing. I didn't notice the time stamps. I just assumed that the game had only just started when I saw my PM but I was doing other things earlier in the day and might have just missed it. 

I hate the ambiguous "something off" line. Especially since you give a reason for why you think it might be bad but immediately back away from it. 

Following your belief that I am trying to get the talk going another way, what was I trying to take the spotlight away from? 

BLUE   Im not good with mafia game names or remembering exactly what i was in which games. I know i was mafia last Darthe game which was here iirc and that post all came out of a joke darthe made last game as AJ explained. If Lenlo was in this game he would have got it too.  For whatever reason we three usually get mafia when darthe hosts games but this time i didnt so i decided to use it. It was funny for me and my target audience AND it got AJ to respond to me in a way that lets me start forming a read on him.

Also i seem to recall you putting up something about AJ's  post saying it was good to see me do something. Thats typical AJ. He reads me better then pretty much anyone except maybe yates. he has certain things he associates with TownDice.

RED  you know when you want to describe something but you just cant find the right words? Thats what it is. Hence i put something feels off. Its D1 and i go by my gut D1. right now my guts not liking your posts but i cant really articulate why.

Blue: jokes are jokes. IT would be nice to have examples tho. Maybe AJ can provide them. Not sure what you are talking about WRT to what AJ posted about you. Not sure how I feel about you only putting forward that he reads you so good. Do you have any concern about him trying to pocket you?

Red: See what I wrote about AJ and not being able to articulate the reasons. Easy to after the fact say "WELP, my gut was off"

Black: SO why would I be trying to change the subject? I have Ithi solidly town. Clov I am unsure of. Am I trying to protect Ithi or Clov?

You apparently think I am mafia. Do you think Ithi is as well? Or do you think I'm trying to distance from Clov?

pocketing. of course i do. but that was part of the point of my first post. to get AJ to react to me so i could start getting a read on him.

gut  if its off its off. whatever but  as i said  thats how i play especially D1.

I think Pral nailed it. Your interactions with Ithi dont seem the same as normal. And heres a news flash for you Turin   you and Ithi are separate people. Why would my read of Ithi have any bearing on what I think of you? You say this (above) like if I think Ithi is Town then I have to think you are town too. Guess what? I dont have to do that.

RE the first post: So what did his response tell you? Do you not think that he could fake his response since apparently he knows what you are looking for?

exactly my point. no real accountability. Using feels allows you to look like making a stand but it is all hot air since no reasoning to back it up.

Newsflash for you. Some things have changed in our relationship so It is bound to affect interactions in thread. but w/e. I get lynched for that I don't care.

I must be rusty because no one seems to be getting what I am saying. My question was not about whether Ithi being town makes me town. Judge me on my own thank you very much. It was about who you think I was trying to protect by changing the subject? You say I am mafia and that I was trying to change the subject with my post. My question was Why would I do that? you said to take the spotlight away from the Ithi/Clov interaction. I asked Who do you think I am trying to protect? Ithi who I have as town? or Clov who I am unsure of?  So if you could answer that question I would appreciate it.

Then think about my motivation for my action.

I don't do ping. It means nothing. I said what I mean because I mean it. It's very simple.

Agreed 100%.

As for the rest, you might.  But it's also an easy way for you to accuse somebody, if you're scum, without any real evidence or conviction.  I think (far too) highly of myself, but I don't even think I'm capable of understanding someone's mindset from reading just one word.  

So if I'm wrong about you being scum, I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more clear in where you actually stand IRT other players.  "I assume everybody is scum until proven otherwise" is an awful look.

Bold: How do you feel about Dice and AJ both using "feels" as a reason to vote? Because this is basically what I am saying about the whole "a bit off" argument.

First!

Interesting.

Most.

RE the first post: So what did his response tell you? Do you not think that he could fake his response since apparently he knows what you are looking for?

exactly my point. no real accountability. Using feels allows you to look like making a stand but it is all hot air since no reasoning to back it up.

Newsflash for you. Some things have changed in our relationship so It is bound to affect interactions in thread. but w/e. I get lynched for that I don't care.

I must be rusty because no one seems to be getting what I am saying. My question was not about whether Ithi being town makes me town. Judge me on my own thank you very much. It was about who you think I was trying to protect by changing the subject? You say I am mafia and that I was trying to change the subject with my post. My question was Why would I do that? you said to take the spotlight away from the Ithi/Clov interaction. I asked Who do you think I am trying to protect? Ithi who I have as town? or Clov who I am unsure of?  So if you could answer that question I would appreciate it.

Dice - I have Turin as a slight town read right now, so I disagree with you on that, and I don't really follow your reasoning all that well.  Turin's bolded statements sound good to me.  If he's scum and was trying to move away from the discussion about Ithi and me, it kind of suggests that it's not a Town/Town scenario.  Scum doesn't have too much motivation to stop a fight they're not involved in.  

Given how the game has gone, Turin and I don't seem to fit as a scumteam, so he's not protecting me.  So by default, you'd kind of have to assume Ithi is scum, unless you can figure out some other reason for it?

Bold: How do you feel about Dice and AJ both using "feels" as a reason to vote? Because this is basically what I am saying about the whole "a bit off" argument.

I don't like "gut lynches", but it's nothing I find inherently scummy.  Both pointed to something specific - your questions towards me - that I already stated MY problem with, so I don't fault them for taking some exception to them.  If they don't expand their reads on you, I'll be more concerned.

Clov

you cant factor this in cause you havent seen it but i also factor in the usual way turin and ithi are in a game. especially turin. He buddies the hell outta Ithi. He is also very hard to pick as mafia   unless ure despo and then turin is ALWAYS mafia   and i find these sort of well worded posts are ones he makes as either alignment. Turin as scum has motivation to to stop a fight ithi is involved in. If he acts differently towards Ithi in the slightest everyone will jump on him for it and ithi will probably be the first to do it.

gotta go to work now

Turin as scum has motivation to to stop a fight ithi is involved in. If he acts differently towards Ithi in the slightest everyone will jump on him for it and ithi will probably be the first to do it.

That's plausible, I suppose.

I already answered your question and said Ithi. 

if you dont like my feels then you arnt gonna like my game.

Is this to me? So you are saying that I as mafia was protecting Ithi who is town from a possible mislynch? What is my motivation there when she is someone who can most definitely find me out later in the game. I am not going to get ANY town cred for protecting Ithi because that is just not happening. You know that and I know that. 

So what did you learn from AJ's response to your joke?

First!

Vote #AJ Im not mafia for once in a Darthe game so he MUST be!

Interesting.

Most.

BLUE Im not good with mafia game names or remembering exactly what i was in which games. I know i was mafia last Darthe game which was here iirc and that post all came out of a joke darthe made last game as AJ explained. If Lenlo was in this game he would have got it too. For whatever reason we three usually get mafia when darthe hosts games but this time i didnt so i decided to use it. It was funny for me and my target audience AND it got AJ to respond to me in a way that lets me start forming a read on him.

Also i seem to recall you putting up something about AJ's post saying it was good to see me do something. Thats typical AJ. He reads me better then pretty much anyone except maybe yates. he has certain things he associates with TownDice.

RED you know when you want to describe something but you just cant find the right words? Thats what it is. Hence i put something feels off. Its D1 and i go by my gut D1. right now my guts not liking your posts but i cant really articulate why.

Black The convo between Clov and Ithi.

gut if its off its off. whatever but as i said thats how i play especially D1.

I think Pral nailed it. Your interactions with Ithi dont seem the same as normal. And heres a news flash for you Turin you and Ithi are separate people. Why would my read of Ithi have any bearing on what I think of you? You say this (above) like if I think Ithi is Town then I have to think you are town too. Guess what? I dont have to do that.

I must be rusty because no one seems to be getting what I am saying. My question was not about whether Ithi being town makes me town. Judge me on my own thank you very much. It was about who you think I was trying to protect by changing the subject? You say I am mafia and that I was trying to change the subject with my post. My question was Why would I do that? you said to take the spotlight away from the Ithi/Clov interaction. I asked Who do you think I am trying to protect? Ithi who I have as town? or Clov who I am unsure of? So if you could answer that question I would appreciate it.

Dice - I have Turin as a slight town read right now, so I disagree with you on that, and I don't really follow your reasoning all that well. Turin's bolded statements sound good to me. If he's scum and was trying to move away from the discussion about Ithi and me, it kind of suggests that it's not a Town/Town scenario. Scum doesn't have too much motivation to stop a fight they're not involved in.

Given how the game has gone, Turin and I don't seem to fit as a scumteam, so he's not protecting me. So by default, you'd kind of have to assume Ithi is scum, unless you can figure out some other reason for it?

It's cos he loves me and he's stuck with it now lol. Of course he does it regardless of alignment. You'd be better of listening to what people are saying than asking other folks what people normally say.

Small things may be small but so is the pebble that starts an avalanche. Where is Rte anyways?

Archived