DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Len is Mafia - Trying way to hard to put off making that list, trying to get down EXACTLY what can't be confirmed.

What? Im not putting off anything I said id make it later tonight because I had some plans with friends. Guess what time it is Tsuki? Later tonight. And also it was a legitimate question. Can an LD get a null read if someone is town and you say someone else is town with a post? Cause logically that player would have no way of knowing 100% the other player is scum. If the LD didnt get a null, they got a real true/false answer then it can virtually be used as a cop role.

1. Thrax(getting replaced) is Mafia - I cant remember the exact reason and need to do a reread for that but I have him down in notes as scum.

2. Len is Town, cause im me.

4. Dawn/NotBob is Town - Null.

5. Tina is Town - Town

6. Turin is Town - Begrudgingly town, though I really do detest the way hes been playing this game. Its so annoying to have what looks like almost unconditional def of someone and its really annoying to play against cause you cant talk someone out of something like this.

7. Despo is Town. - Scum hunting well, putting in work. Like it.

8. Hallia is Town - Actually null, but for the purposes of this list ill put her town.

9. Chae is Mafia - Def of Thane, subsequent posts and horrible cases all lead me to her being scum

10. Ithi is town - Again, begrudgingly town. I just dont like how Turin and Ithi play together, its almost always 2v1 against them regardless of alignment in the game.

11. Thane is Mafia - Dudes all over the place, that self vote was horrendous and imo he pretty much disappeared once Ithi and Mynd got into it, saving his bum

12. Tsukibana is Town - Town

14. Charis/BFG is Town - I liked the VT claim and the way shes been playing.

15. Pral is Town - Sadly, though I wish he was mafia. He always shoots me in games. :/

16. CSarmi is Town - Actually Null, but again for the list. I dont like recent play but the miller claim.. half and half.

[v] Chae[/v]

Cs still town getting null. Len been active around thunderdome. Notably pushed for reveal. Mixed stuff tho. Now he does a list where most are NOT sentences

Thane looks highest read but goes for Chak defending him instead.

BTW Len's play until then is to safe-snipe people with talks like "whoa stop there y u say stuff like if Thane flips vanilla BFG can't be".

Can you find this quote for me?

let them shoot me thats my job after all

No. Your job is to get shot in place of someone else. If town it should have been to.protect a major character. The first one that comes to mind would have been Holmes. But that wasn't it cause you would have had to say that it didn't work out right

Can you be blocked? You must understand I am naturally sceptical of a bodyguard claim as it is my fave mafia fake.

At this point if you are here to protect me than say so so I can try to protect someone else.

Lenlo, care to reply re krak blocking you? As soon as possible please.

Csarmi, you mentioned earlier that if someone claimed RBed on N2 it would sink krak claim. Now you say it is too weak for mafia to only have a 1x RB. Which is it?

Dude if they shoot me then they havent shot my target that night so i have done my job.  Turin you arnt it

one last time my role is passive. that is AUTOMATIC if a shot heads towards my client.

Mods say that my client wont be in the flip but can be figured out. After all the Mafia will definetly now if i wasn't who they shot

alright tina  lets give you some rope and see who ends up getting hung

unvote vote lenlo

Dice you're making no sense. How foes it help us that Mafia will know who got shot?

And how would we be able to figure out if we have no idea NOW?

And how could revealing your target hurt again?

Vote Count:

Lenlo (5): Krak, Tina, Csarmi, dice, Hally

csarmi (1): lenlo

dice (2): Turin, pray

not voting (2): Tsuki, BFG

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

DL is Tuesday, July 8th, at 9 PM EST

No. Your job is to get shot in place of someone else. If town it should have been to.protect a major character. The first one that comes to mind would have been Holmes. But that wasn't it cause you would have had to say that it didn't work out right

Can you be blocked? You must understand I am naturally sceptical of a bodyguard claim as it is my fave mafia fake.

At this point if you are here to protect me than say so so I can try to protect someone else.

Csarmi, you mentioned earlier that if someone claimed RBed on N2 it would sink krak claim. Now you say it is too weak for mafia to only have a 1x RB. Which is it?

Dude if they shoot me then they havent shot my target that night so i have done my job.  Turin you arnt it

one last time my role is passive. that is AUTOMATIC if a shot heads towards my client.

Mods say that my client wont be in the flip but can be figured out. After all the Mafia will definetly now if i wasn't who they shot

unvote vote lenlo

This sounds like you are not believing her view but are willing to vote it anyway. I don't like that at all.

Why are you doubtful of the view? do you think Tina is lying? do you think that she believes she is right but has be misdirected in some manner?

So Dice apparently has Chak as bodyguard target if I get this right.

Dice are you seriously suggesting that Mafia would try to kill them? They been under the gun for days (have you tried to help them?) And they claim to have been blocked and all.

So I don't see how you think you'd be giving them unwanted attention by your claim.

Before day started I was pretty happy to say that with some reservations Csarmi, Pral, Hallia, Turin and Krak were all town (there are some minor points that bother me, but there's no intention to tinfoil here yet). That leaves Tina, X, Tsuki and Lenlo as my suspects. This is still where I'm at, and isn't much changed, but there are a few things I want to clarify...

first off  i thought des was town. that simple. I didn't think i hinted to hally to save him. I dont trust hally is town so why would i?? tho by not saving des she looks better.  the after lynch comment is me p'd off. He did it to me again! i usually try to NEVER trust des, precisely because he did this to me a couple of times in quick succession.  and i let myself get sucked in,

Re Turin i immediately jumped to the conclusion that Dr Watson was the Doc. Given that how does a doc figure out if someones mafia? only thing i could think of is if they die when they protect mafia.

i will save time here

bodyguard

vote Tsuki

also happy to vote tina

If you thought Des was town why wouldn't you want Hallia to save him. She's an un-cc'd Governor that, given we still have Twilight, has more shots. Her alignment aside, why wouldn't you want her to save a town lean, and why does your belief on her alignment matter to you in regards to getting Hallia to save a town lean of yours?

Also claimed bodyguard, worth pointing out for the following narrative.

turin i dont have an action  it is passive. i protect a certain person and no i am not saying who

len is null for me. i could vote him but MUCH prefer tina or tsuki

Passive BG, so far so good.

haven't been told but i know who the character is so yes i know their alignment i believe.

Not saying because that tells mafia who NOT to shoot.

You're going to have to talk me through your reasoning here.

Your job as a passive BG is to prevent your target from being shot, or specifically to die in their place. You know the character, and assuming the smartest person is Mycroft, know that person's claim. So claiming here, if believed, confirms that person as Town (you wouldn't protect a mafia safe claim, he hasn't been CC'd, so you must believe him town. You state you won't say who as you want to die if they're shot, but claiming would mean that character wasn't shot until after you were dead, so job done anyway. I really really don't understand your thinking here.

cause i know canon

So you believe your target is town, can you explain why you don't want to reveal a target.

i missed you being after my character. Tobias Gregson

as for my targets character  it should be obvious why im not giving that up

It's not, especially given a mafia JOAT died with a strongman shot, so are unlikely to have any more.

let them shoot me   thats my job after all

Your job is to keep your target alive? So why aren't you claiming your targets character?

unvote vote lenlo

How does mafia 'knowing' who your target is help town? I've just read the wiki on your character, there is nothing in the bakerstreet one to link him to the 'smartest character' in general wiki he isn't linked to Mycroft, but to Mycroft roommate, so how is this obvious? (obviously your opinion here, mods can't answer)

a  i didnt say mafia knowing would help you unless one makes a slip

b  that is what the mod told me

c  it tells the mafia info they dont already have. it tells them that if they shoot this person cause they want them dead that it wont work.

But your target is alive either way, and your target is less likely to be lynched, if you are believed.

i protect the smartest canon character.

Assuming this is Mycroft, but some clarification would be good if someone's read the books.

Tldr:

Dices actions and claim don't make sense. As a passive role, he is supposed to keep a character 'safe'. He's known this character since Day 2 (assuming smartest=Mycroft), I need to go and check Day 2 for his interaction with early Krak (actually need to check timing, but it may explain Dice's changed opinion on Tsuki Day 2, if he 'knew' Chae/Krak was town, but I don't recall him explaining this at the time. I'll finish this then go to check.

Says he doesn't want to claim his target character to protect them as mafia would 'know' who not to shoot, yet this is his roles aim.

I didn't hear anything about being RB'd last night, but I don't think I would have heard if I succeeded or failed.

what the heck does that mean krak?  what did you submit?

doc protect

on who?

Why are you fishing fir actions of someone you know to be town?

Lenlo is L-1, and is a Survivor who has contributed minimally to a Town win. Any reason to delay this?

(You have about 3 hours, that's when I get back)

phrasing. Do you think he is survivor or do you think he is mafia?

For emphasis

The only reason not to say his role is he is full of it.

I can think of NO way knowing YOU and your target helps mafia.

Unless of course, you are someone who, say, unwittingly died to protect Moriarty...

In which case you will need to be lynched. But a Townie who knows that should have

claimed day one, and gladly been lynched day one with a self-vote.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

Do you believe Dice is a BG that protects Moriarty?

Cos that makes no sense as a role. Town has a claimed JOAT with a one shot vig, why would Moriarty be protected from a one-shot? Given that a BG doesn't die in place of a lynch, then why would Dice need to be lynched, even if he was protecting Moriarty, given the only way we have to kill Moriarty is through a lynch?

I assume Moriarty submits the NK. That is all. Back at the beginning I said that Mafia would have a BG, and lo one turns up (of course, I also said they would have a JOAT...)

I STILL think there are 2 scum remaining, and one bites it for the GF. which means I think that it could take two days to drop them, and I am leery of what else they might have - after all, town seems pretty loaded.

Sort of the above again, why do you keep bringing up the idea that the mafia have a BG given that it has NO logical sense as a role? Especially given that we've had no dedicated town killing roles or unexplained night kills so far?

Archived