DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

Krak. Dice has claimed to be exclusively YOUR BG. He can't protect me. I will be protecting my strongest town read. 

Starting to think that Ithi had the right of it on D1. She was pretty well convinced that Hallia and Len were both mafia stirring things up during the 1v1 with Mynd. Starting to formulate a theory as we speak...

Mafia started out as 3. plus 2 symps. They are:

Lenlo: moriarty, GF

Depso: whoever he was, JOAT

Hallia, King of Bohemia, 1x governor/recruiter.

Thane: Adler(who happens to be the king's EX) symp.

Csarmi, Stolto, also symp.(now full member)

Day One: Mafia doesn't know who the symps are IMO. The symps know that they can only be recruited via the governor ability. One (Csarmi) claims miller immediately and plays like he is fine with being lynched. The other (Thane) is just natural lynchbait, he even self votes during the day. The governor takes the prefect opportunity created by the thunderdome to claim signalling the symps that they do have a way to be saved. The governor passes on the chance to save Mynd even tho she was thinking he was town.

Day Two: Thane gets run up again. In part because Despo calls him out as Symp and pushes hard. Despo loves to bus and especially if it will be in a way that makes him look really town. I think he oversold it here myslef and it was the biggest of the pings that led me to agree with Pralaya that Despo was almost certain mafia. Thane self hammers. Len defends the idea. I think Thane self hammered knowing that he was being bussed so the rest of the team looks good.

Day Three: Csarmi gets run up and gets saved by Hallia in a manner that still makes no sense to me. I think they knew he was the other symp but had enough question marks either way that it was worth increasing their overall numbers as there were a lot of other viable targets.

Day Four: Here somewhere along the way both Despo and Csarmi move each other from LOCK MAFIA to leaning town. This is inexplicable to me. Despo also kept saying Hallia was mafia but came up with reasons to vote elsewhere. First because she had the governor ability and then spinning her saving Csarmi(who he had as LOCKMAF) as a townie move.

Day Five: Len gets read as GF. Csarmi was the one to start with the spec that mafia should have a bus driver to mess with actions. (maybe wishful thinking as I think I would already be dead if they had a bus driver) Maybe it was a 1x but len still got blocked on the kill. That would explain some things but also could be problematic. 

My recommendations:

If anyone has a RB or view or track, look at Csarmi and/or Hallia.

hope that we stay lucky on the doc protect. 

Lynch Hallia in the morning. 

Thoughts on everyone as I thought about them.

BFG: despo/len mafia means that they would be willing to try just about anything. Fake CC'ing Thane for town cred would fit in there.

Csarmi: again, faking the miller claim (which both Despo and Len said would be gimmicky) abuses his meta perfectly. His sudden activity and adherence to being "confirmed town" pings like crazy. The aforementioned change of heart from Despo and the hard push Lenlo to provide a triangle of distancing. 

Krak: the only way I could have seen him as mafia is if he was Moriarty. But since that was Len I am thinking he is town.

Dice: I think that the Len flip paints Dice in a better light. Oddly the push from BFG here makes me question her a bit more. Dice frequently does something a little crazy but that he thinks is the right way to go. I am thinking he was just wrong in how he elected to play his role. Just my opinion. I could be the one thinking wrongly. I have made some mistakes this game too. 

Tsuki: I am content with Tsuki at this time. The gift doesn't mean I am totally convinced but I have much higher concerns elsewhere.

Tina: Len was GF, I can't see this as a fake. Numbers do not justify it. 

Pral: town. Consistent push on Despo on D4 should seal it for any doubters. Especially when Despo was all set to make Pral his push for the day. My putting that down I think is what really got him into a bad mood as he was running out of mislynch candidates and didn't want to push his teammates.

Hallia: was first to introduce 1v1 as town on town and then used that as a means to role claim while trying to spin it as confirming her as town. Her posts during the 1v1 pinged. Not saving someone she thought was town (Mynd). possibly based in part on Csarmi recommending she not do it. Then she later saves Csarmi in what is a highly questionable decision that was praised by Despo as a way to grant both of them town status. She hasn't been very forthcoming when asked direct questions. Like from Tina about her positions on players. keeping her thoughts more to herself. I think she is mafia.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think CS was recruited?

Because reading the sheer amount of pushing and attacking both Despo and Len did on CS it kinda makes sense that they were trying to either bus the shit out of him for town cred or clear him.

Because why would mafia legitimately go so hard after a town miller?

What makes you think CS was recruited?

I think because of the way that both his AND Despo's reads on each other changed so drastically from D3 to D4. It doesn't swing much wider than that. I didn't find a valid reason for the change either. 

So why did you vote to lynch Lenlo?

Not sure if this was for me or not. My thoughts were that Despo did keep Len in his mafia buddy area to me. Plus Tina had a view and I personally do not think that the view would have been messed with. So after going back and forth about those that were pushing Len as a viable lynch for being survivor I decided to test Tina's view. It seemed the logical thing to do. 

[v] Lenlo [/v]

Hate the no reason votes. at least say that you are just following the view if that is what you are doing. 

I was in LA, on my phone doing exciting things, I wanted to make sure I got my vote in, chillax

Okay. Do you have time to give a reason now? Also why the rush? I don't think we were anywhere near deadline. 

So why did you vote to lynch Lenlo?

Not sure if this was for me or not. My thoughts were that Despo did keep Len in his mafia buddy area to me. Plus Tina had a view and I personally do not think that the view would have been messed with. So after going back and forth about those that were pushing Len as a viable lynch for being survivor I decided to test Tina's view. It seemed the logical thing to do. 

This was directed at Hallia, but this is good to know too.

and tsuki is pushing a mafia BG cause he is mafia and wants town to lynch a townie. simple.

You know this makes you highly suspect. You are the ONLY one still doubtful about me.

Now that Turin has confirmed that you DID in fact use an action on him im happier with you.

Can bodyguard be role blocked?

is passive role so No

or am I just drunk?

Apparently so

@ turin   remember ive been pushing Tina for days. Len is iffy enough that im willing to follow her claimed action because if he flipss town my vote goes straight on her tomorrow and she will probably get lynchedthis time

As for the rest. It seems Town has been hit by the stupid stick.

WHY does everyone want to give mafia free info? I didnt name my target on purpose. let them work for it. they may miss it. slim chance but a chance that gives us an advantage.

BFG notice i laid off Krak. My questions about his action came before his claim iirc plus all i know is i protect Mycroft. i was not told who plays mycroft. add to that at first i missed his character claim but once i knew it i stayed right away from him.

yes my job is to die in place of mycroft. but i am also town so my job is to lynch and beat mafia. I cant help do that if im dead. If im alive my client is alive so its win win win.

and tsuki is pushing a mafia BG cause he is mafia and wants town to lynch a townie. simple.

I don't get it, which is it?

Did you miss your target claiming his role, in which case why did your opinion start to change on Krak? Or did you catch it, in which case why didn't you make it more obvious, as in the situation you're describing if you flip BG, Krak becomes CONFIRMED Town, more or less. Given you had a town read on Des and he was pushing Krak (one of your stated reasons for suspecting him earlier) why weren't you making your knowledge more obvious. There was a real chance through Day 3 that Krak would get lynched anyway.

You were asking Krak, Day 4 for his NA, yet say you want to limit information on thread for mafia? Given that you should have no reason to doubt him, why is this?

Can you explain why you didn't want Hallia to save Des? Can you explain why you didn't want Csarmi saved given you've called him town since Day 1 in both incarnations? S that's two town reads of yours you didn't want Hallia to save?

i didnt catch it at first. I found out about it later. Then add the fact that this is mafia and people lie. shocking i know. and sometimes people dont CC. At the time i asked krak about his action i hadnt seen his claim yet i dont think 

As for Hallia and Des and Csarmi. I dont trust Hallia. I still think she may be mafia. bringing Csarmi back just ensured all the WIFOM around him continued. With Des i was wrong and thought he was town. that was based on the amount of work he put in at one point not on his reads. i was stoopid basically.

I'm starting to think that Turin is actually mafia afterall (and Dice isn't). His crazy theory just don't make sense to me otherwise.

I mean, WTF. Just where did that come from? What happened to Dice whom he pushed whole day? Also, view me? I am a Miller, I view as mafia. No cop needed for that.

I don't trust Tina. Len was likely going down anyway, the claim might just be trying to get credit.

Dice's claim stinks.

BFG, Chak, Hally lock town to me.

Gotta check up on Tsuki and Pral. Prolly town both.

Come day, I'd like a full claim (with actions indicated and reasons for having Pray as town and a stance on Tsuki) from Turin.

"Csarmi: again, faking the miller claim (which both Despo and Len said would be gimmicky) abuses his meta perfectly. His sudden activity and adherence to being "confirmed town" pings like crazy. The aforementioned change of heart from Despo and the hard push Lenlo to provide a triangle of distancing."

I've been pushing Des since day two (maybe day three) and Len/Tina too. Sometimes I was more sure on Des, sometimes on Len. Change of heart?

So lynch order for me from most willing to least willing:TBH, only really interested at all in the first three at this time.

Hallia

Csarmi

BFG

Krak

Dice

Tsuki

Tina

Pral 

Interested in lynching the first three? Well, we can waste a day lynching Hally so that she saves herself (which confirms that she's town and debunks your whole theory), but the other two makes no sense. That's a 1/2 lynch wasted but we have even numbers now so maybe, just maybe we can do that. But I'm pretty sure on Hally being town.

How does Len flipping godfather confirm Dice btw? Did you notice that he would NOT place a vote on Dice, not even to help his own countertrain? Guy's been lock scum for days and I've been saying that for days. And surprise... he flipped scum. Whoa.

The only reason I slightly waffled on Despo btw was because Turin/Pral was pushing it at day four. Have been very mixed on Turin at that point and I been convinced that Rags viewed Pral as mafia. The trains on those days were strange and confusing to me (my scumreads helping my trains, my town reads pushing Tsuki (who I had as a town lean) and Turin/Pral of all people pushing my scum!Despo (who I was very adamant on day three).

@Turin it was rather weird to me that you'd be pushing my lynch hard, then go after my scum read on day four.

csarmi my role is what it is. I found it weird enough that i was protecting mycroft to actually start considering Holmes was not in the game     Rag's flip disproved that one. dunno why its mycroft but it is.

and hally saving herself doesn't PROVE she is town. What is it with you and all this confirmed spew this game. You are MOST LIKELY miller imo but u are NOT confirmed. Neither is hally. as it stands now only ure flips can CONFIRM you. and what bugs me is I know you know this.

Archived