DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think I'm Mafia then vote me.

Your defence of an unknown and nudges are notes.

Dawn asks why I think AJ is Mafia and then asks if I'm joking. Hedging bets lol.

I see Thane too. Nudges are bad you know? Someone should have taught you that.

:smile:

i know nudging is bad, i tell other players the same thing. But sometimes, it's necessary in the game.

So, Ithi... i'm curious (as you might have figured out by now)

For the moment, who'd be your top 4 scum list? For me it'd be Basel (hence the vote), Tsuki, Hallia and possibly RTE.

What happened to your scum read on me? 

And why RTE?

Good to see you Señor Ed! And welcome Ithi! I think I was referring to Thane regarding voting in actives, Talm, but I see your point, it's just a liiiittle early for that kind of talk. That's why it pings to me.

Last night I ended up having dinner with a few friends and then going out for a drink afterwards so didn't get to re-reading until this morning.

So far here is what I've got:

AJ - Seems to be trying to offer opinions and focus on keeping us on track. Leaning for town on him so far.

BFG - Had only posted twice and each were one word posts. Was on my watch list but because she said was busy with work the past few days then offered her opinions I will wait to see how my opinion changes on her over the next day or two.

Dicetosser1 - Started off with a joke vote for Talmanes and then his unvote about an hour later. Both were very short posts and no real information or opinions were offered. Adding to my watch list.

Ed - Entered with a joke vote then talked to other members of the game. All of his posts were relatively short and no useful information or opinions were offered. After "drunk posting" last night I tend to lean more towards scum but will add to my watch list for now.

Ice - He did hop on last night to say something like "Hi" so I'll wait to see if he starts posting anything or stays in the shadows before forming a more detailed opinion.

Thane - Thane did say it was his third game and he is likely still learning however his actions, most of which I've gone over already, still seem the most suspicious to me and put him towards the top of my list.

Tina - Small number of posts however each post did offer information or questions. So far I'd guess Town but will continue to watch her replacement to be sure.

@ Thane, Ed & Dice: Care to explain any of the above things I mentioned about you/your posts?

Since the deadline is tomorrow I'm going to go with my strongest lead unless something stronger comes up.
VOTE THANE

Actually - unvote; vote Tsuki

Not really digging him any longer. I feel like a lot of his questions are redundant and not really leading anywhere. Comes across to me as fabricated to look like he's scum hunting. I feel like his handling of Dawn was an attempt to give her some rope to hang herself with - baiting if you will.

Redundancy - Check. I like to be sure people are saying what I think they are saying. It's called badgering a witness.

Not really leading anywhere - Uh, what? I have pulled quite a few people into the game, learned some meta, and generally kept it active,

Scum hunting - actually, at this stage, I am hunting both - shouldn't I be?

Baiting - Scum can be baited, too, you know.

Tam & Tsuki just lost some cred for the D1 policy lynch idea.

No coroner report. 'nuff said. Only scum would want inactives to stay that way and stay in the game, and to risk no report. Both outcomes help scum.

AJ, your rather strong defense of Dawn is noted. 

I'll say this... this far from dealine, with no one near majority, it seems odd that Hallia is "throwing (Thane) a bone", and dice is sticking up for basel... you think he if he was coached, he wouldn't have
made a typo? Who says it's a typo? Can't find BASEL calling it one... maybe I missed it. Wanna point it out to me, dice?

Tsuki, I did point it out. It's in post 122.

Thank you. Never stuck in my mind.

Top Scumm Reads:

Dawn - Willing to allow her counter arguments to be guided. She voted against basel for defending herself, and has been lauded for trying to distance herself from other players, but she has no

problem letting some people answer for her. Thinks having most posts is worth reapeating. Real quick to respond "no team", even though everyone is (usually on a team - town or scum, Dawn) - Role reveal??

AJ - Answers for dawn, thinks that a policy lynch (a pro-town action, iirc - correct if I am wrong, people) is bad to even suggest

Basel - first to defend someone else, holiding on pretty long to what has been repeatedly a joke vote

Ithi - 1) She's Ithi. 2) took over for tina, the person everyone keeps comparing Thane's vote to, and who basel has yet to really make it clear why thane's vote is scummier. 3) She's Ithi.

So, I vote.

VOTE DAWN ]/color]

Thoughts?

Last night I ended up having dinner with a few friends and then going out for a drink afterwards so didn't get to re-reading until this morning.

So far here is what I've got:

AJ - Seems to be trying to offer opinions and focus on keeping us on track. Leaning for town on him so far.

BFG - Had only posted twice and each were one word posts. Was on my watch list but because she said was busy with work the past few days then offered her opinions I will wait to see how my opinion changes on her over the next day or two.

Dicetosser1 - Started off with a joke vote for Talmanes and then his unvote about an hour later. Both were very short posts and no real information or opinions were offered. Adding to my watch list.

Ed - Entered with a joke vote then talked to other members of the game. All of his posts were relatively short and no useful information or opinions were offered. After "drunk posting" last night I tend to lean more towards scum but will add to my watch list for now.

Ice - He did hop on last night to say something like "Hi" so I'll wait to see if he starts posting anything or stays in the shadows before forming a more detailed opinion.

Thane - Thane did say it was his third game and he is likely still learning however his actions, most of which I've gone over already, still seem the most suspicious to me and put him towards the top of my list.

Tina - Small number of posts however each post did offer information or questions. So far I'd guess Town but will continue to watch her replacement to be sure.

@ Thane, Ed & Dice: Care to explain any of the above things I mentioned about you/your posts?

Since the deadline is tomorrow I'm going to go with my strongest lead unless something stronger comes up.

VOTE THANE

i indeed do care to explain and even ask you some questions. For starters, if you have gone over most already, you must have understod why i did why i did, seeing i explained it a few times already. In case you missed it: i did what i did to get the game started, information out there for the players. Are you really that worried that i might be scum, or are you just blindstaring on me and not aware of the other players out there? Don't see anything about Basel, Tsuki or Dawn in your little list, and those too have been voted on recently. People must have had reasons to do so, and still, you look at me.... Really that eager on killing off a likely townie, are you? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when i get lynched and turn out to be town.

Good to see you Señor Ed! And welcome Ithi! I think I was referring to Thane regarding voting in actives, Talm, but I see your point, it's just a liiiittle early for that kind of talk. That's why it pings to me.

check post 222, 223 and 225 please.... i think Talmanes and dice mentioned voting inactives, and i said that i do not support that kind of thoughts on D1.

@ Dawn - i'm not convinced that ur vote against RTE was a joke... most of all because u didn't interact much with him after. It makes me wonder if u knew him well enough  to make a joke vote against him.  The vote you made against Basel can be interpreted 2 ways. Either u genuinely think he's scum. Either you are, and you're trying to appear town by ur vote.  When Tsuki asked for u and where u were, u appeared a bit later giving excuses about what you were doing... like u were feeling the need to justify urself.

@ Tal  - you started by some nudges like against Nikon for his wall of texts, then against AJ for mentioning BFG twice. Then, there's that buddying with Ithi that makes me suspicious

You guys are all crazy.

Thane is noob. Nikon looks town. Basel looks just fine with his qualms about people voting noobs. Not sure he's town yet but none of that stuff looked scummy to me. Tsuki is sticking his neck out to me, looks town. Tina defended the train on me, so town or looking to get town cred as scum. Chae is still scummy. Not due to her play but because of her fascination and obsession with all things pink. Dawn is still a noob in my books but posting well. Which either means she's a good player or is being helped by her team or both? Andrej looks just fine. Hallia's doing her Hallia thing. Ed is alive (Hi Ed, missed you!). TG is getting his EBromance on with AJ from the Hydra game. I can respect that. No read yet but I'm awful at reading the TG. Talmanes is new to me. Hallo der Talmanes. No read on Dice. BFG is just fine (and I still can't get a decent read on her for the life of me) and that's everyone. :wub:

I don't like this post of RTE. There's a mention of Dawn being in a team, or playing well.

Nah not fussed. Biut of the 4 votes yours is the most suspicious if I count dawn's as bad noob play. Otherwise Dawn's vote reeks.

You on the other hand have played a ton of games here. You know how people feel about two joke votes on one person in a big enough game. It's pretty rare and always draws a lot of notice. 4 on the other hand... Ha ha well you all know how I make a guy feel special :wub:

then she's doing bad noob play...

@ RTE - i really don't understand your vote against AJ that came after those  posts ... (AJ only voted second against you, he can't really have jumped on a train)

@ Tsuki, you said that RTE  looked town to you as he reacted well on the train against him... but what about his vote on AJ?

vote RTE

@ AJ : You may know Dice's gameplay, but don't you think it's a bit early to decide he's town? Also post 184 make you look as if you were defending Dawn ...

My reads are subject to change and likely will as the game progresses, for now though I feel comfortable with Dice.

Could you explain how you see that as defending? I felt Tsuki's question was a bit redundant because the answer Dawn was giving should've been obvious, so I interjected.

I said this because your post just came before Dawn could answer the question asked by Tsuki. In a way you helped her to answer.

Sure I did. But as I already said, the answer was obvious and Dice had already explained that Basel's defense of her pinged.

RTE has four votes already?

Vote Thane

Why are your bandwagoning already?

unvote RTE vote Dawn

i was jokevoting, what were you doing?

For Basel, why is Thane's vote worse than Tina's?

I felt Tina didn't make a scummy vote. She saw something about Thane that I also found suspicious. It was way too early for anyone to have four votes at the time and there was undoubtedly bandwagoning. Thane's vote was opportunistic and reeked of bandwagon.

Can someone explain to me why bandwagoning is a bad move at an early stage of the game? It served its purpose and got people talking. It provided reactions and people began to vote around it. Why is that a bad thing? I sincerely doubt that wagon on RTE would've been pushed through to a lynch with how it started.

Vote AJ

lol

Hi Ithi.

AJ, just like that? wow... any specific reason, or it's 'because he's AJ'?

Lol. Why do you ask?

Hello Dice.

Why wouldn't he ask?

Why does he seem 'the most Town' to you @ Dawn?

I believe I said it earlier in the game. All of his posts seem very pro-town and he's been contributing a lot to the town in the game. (Of course, this could just be because he's one of the game's more experienced players, I think) 

You still didn't answer, why does he seem scummy to you? 

How has he contributed to Town so far?

What has he done that has seemed pr-Town?

This is exchange is pretty amusing. Instead of explaining herself Ithi continues to skirt around answering by asking questions in return, not something I would expect from town-Ithi. Why are you avoiding answering here?

If you think I'm Mafia then vote me.

Your defence of an unknown and nudges are notes.

Dawn asks why I think AJ is Mafia and then asks if I'm joking. Hedging bets lol.

I see Thane too. Nudges are bad you know? Someone should have taught you that.

:smile:

Ew Ithi. Don't act like you're above explaining yourself in this situation. You came in and dropped a vote without any commentary, so naturally people are going to question you for it. Instead of pointing out the things that ultimately led you to your conclusion, you try to twist their questioning as them defending/linking them to me.

Idk what's up but this is pretty sloppy play on your part. I also don't understand where your obstinance is coming from, definitely not getting a good vibe from you.

Oh Ithi you are going to make this interesting aren't you? Haha.

@Hallia and AJ - The only reason I am willing to vote the inactive is because I prefer an active game, and I like to look at worst case scenarios. Worst case scenario, Ice ends up getting Mod Killed for inactivity where I assume we would not get a coroner report. Considering it is Day 1, I would rather vote the person not posting at all than switch my vote to someone I don't find suspicious just to get a majority.

You can read that as you will, but that has always been my thoughts in Mafia Games. You aren't posting, you aren't helpful.

I can agree in general terms that lurking players are harmful to Town. That said, I disagree with the idea of pushing a policy lynch on someone D1. This phase is too important and sets the tone for the rest of the game. If we just get lazy and lynch someone with 1 post it gives us no real direction to move in come D2. Let the MOD handle the inactive players for now.

You probably don't. I might, though. Or Thane. Or AJ.

Are you on a team with them? Either of them? Which one?

Ew again. What is your game here Ithi, seriously? You're a better player than this and I really just don't understand what you are doing here. You make a questionable action, people question you, now suddenly we're all the scum team?

lol - logic.

I don't really play the list game.

Anyways my eldest has chicken pox and he's woken up. Got to go.

Yeah - you should probably get lynched Ithi. Refusal to explain yourself, shoddy linkage, and then when asked for other suspects you refuse again and then bounce.

unvote; vote Ithi

Tam & Tsuki just lost some cred for the D1 policy lynch idea.

No coroner report. 'nuff said. Only scum would want inactives to stay that way and stay in the game, and to risk no report. Both outcomes help scum.

AJ, your rather strong defense of Dawn is noted. 

Where does it say anywhere that if a player gets Mod-killed that we won't get a coroner? It does say that if we don't achieve a majority then a random lynch occurs without a result, but that's not going to likely happen. Even without Ice we'll still have enough people to get a lynch pushed through, what's your point? Like I said already, let the MOD handle that situation for now. If it gets out of hand I think Time will make the right decision to replace/MK at her discretion.

i indeed do care to explain and even ask you some questions. For starters, if you have gone over most already, you must have understod why i did why i did, seeing i explained it a few times already. In case you missed it: i did what i did to get the game started, information out there for the players. Are you really that worried that i might be scum, or are you just blindstaring on me and not aware of the other players out there? Don't see anything about Basel, Tsuki or Dawn in your little list, and those too have been voted on recently. People must have had reasons to do so, and still, you look at me.... Really that eager on killing off a likely townie, are you? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when i get lynched and turn out to be town.

As I said, I just finished a quick review and hope to get another one in before the deadline however since we have barely more than a day I wanted to submit my highest suspect just in case I can't.

I am willing to switch my vote if I find someone who I suspect more than you you but as of now that is not the case. Don't try to guilt trip me into it, just my opinion and that is what this game is all about.

I don't really play the list game.

Anyways my eldest has chicken pox and he's woken up. Got to go.

Yeah - you should probably get lynched Ithi. Refusal to explain yourself, shoddy linkage, and then when asked for other suspects you refuse again and then bounce.

My son is ill.

AJ says.

tumblr_lceq8vqQeG1qa9g0zo1_500.gif

I think your an inexperience mafia team who are linking yourselves together a little too much. Dear me a vote on you and TWO people appear to defend you - and then go quite quiet when I leave.

They don't KNOW you are town. That's total cow poo unless they are Mafia. You seem quite happy for it to be seen as fact though and seek to discredit my vote.

I will take you down and have your neck in a noose. Don't you ever suggest I'm using my sick child as a shield again.

Low low low shame shame mafia desperation - or just low low shame shame.

That still doesn't absolve your lack of explanation in the first place Ithi. I'm sorry about your son but honestly you probably shouldn't bring that sort of stuff into mafia games, especially when you magically appear when your name is mentioned.

You want my neck in the noose? Bring. It. On.

Could Thane and Dawn be coming to my defense because they know my alignment? Very possible. However, when asked they justify there read on me with my actions in this game. Could be fibs, but regardless, at least their thoughts are there.

So what about you Ithi?

AJ, read the rules?

No coronor if no lynch.

Already touched on this.

No Lynch = No Coroner, sure. What does that have to do with Policy Lynching Ice though?

Like I said, there's nothing stating anything about coroners if someone was mod killed for various reasons outside of No Lynch.

Pfft. The opinions are there if you look. I just don't do em like you.

Nikon, is your watch list a hit list?

Archived