DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Apologies for absence, work has been somewhat busy this week and another game at a more advanced stage took priority on Tuesday. I have half an hour or so now, and I'll finish catching up after work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Basel and TG : what are your reads so far?

@ AJ : You may know Dice's gameplay, but don't you think it's a bit early to decide he's town? Also post 184 make you look as if you were defending Dawn ...

RTE has four votes already? 

Vote Thane

Why are your bandwagoning already?

unvote RTE vote Dawn

i was jokevoting, what were you doing?

unvote RTE vote Dawn

What answer are you expecting from this?

Vote Thane. Dawn isn't in her first game, but she is still new enough that his vote smells like a pounce on the newbie for a mistake that experienced players would know to avoid.

I'm still not sure how to read this. Was the mistake Thane or Dawn's?

Thane's vote is opportunistic, but teh "Capt. Newb-saver" is suspicious, as well. Dawn has more than 1 game under her belt (3, I believe). She may not know all of the wizard tricks, but she should at least be able

to formulate a defense. However, I believe she is not able to get on during the day (personal local time, as I have no clue of her timezone). Which is why I have not continued that line of attack. Therefore, leaping

to her defense so quickly is smelly... but plausible, if you really dislike people attacking newbs... I am unsure of your meta.

Thane - a joke vote, followed by an immediate switch, with the vote made PRIOR to any indicitng evidence or response from Dawn... pretty eager to run with my inquiry, weren't you? How many games have YOU

played?

Vote Thane. Dawn isn't in her first game, but she is still new enough that his vote smells like a pounce on the newbie for a mistake that experienced players would know to avoid.

Morning Nikon. This is my thid game, so i guess we'll both learn a lot during this one :biggrin:

Irony.

Interesting... Points against BG for skimming?

Points against you for skimming as well :p

In general I like the above post though, questions suggest that you're trying to figure out what both are aiming to.

Also it took me far to long to work out you were talking about Basel with BG :dry:

Morning Nikon. This is my thid game, so i guess we'll both learn a lot during this one :biggrin:

Irony.

Newer players can be opportunistic too. They just don't keep from seeming that way as easily.

I still don't really understand what you're saying here. Dawn voted RTE 3rd and Thane 4th. First why is either of those votes a mistake? Second if you have a problem with Thanes vote on Dawn for bandwagoning, why do you also not have a problem with Tina's vote on Thane for bandwagoning?

Irony.

Newer players can be opportunistic too. They just don't keep from seeming that way as easily.

Unvote. Vote Basel for pointlessly defending me from Thane...even though we both are new players and both were jokevoting.

This at least is good, Dawn has a healthy paranoia of being linked with anybody, early town read.

Townish reads on Tsuki and Dawn so far.

RTE has four votes already? 

Vote Thane

Why are your bandwagoning already?

unvote RTE vote Dawn

For Basel, why is Thane's vote worse than Tina's?

@ Thane, i do'nt think Basel is really trying to get a "lynch train" on you. He looks more like someone defending himself in his last posts. but i would really like to know what he thinks of the other players.

and BFG, i don't think that the fact that Dawn voted Basel for defending her clears her out...

@ Thane, i do'nt think Basel is really trying to get a "lynch train" on you. He looks more like someone defending himself in his last posts. but i would really like to know what he thinks of the other players.

and BFG, i don't think that the fact that Dawn voted Basel for defending her clears her out...

I'm not 'clearing' either of them, it's a very early lean. I'm just excited that I'm playing a game and not reading everybody as automatic mafia :dry:

(is something interesting coming up?)

@ AJ : You may know Dice's gameplay, but don't you think it's a bit early to decide he's town? Also post 184 make you look as if you were defending Dawn ...

My reads are subject to change and likely will as the game progresses, for now though I feel comfortable with Dice.

Could you explain how you see that as defending? I felt Tsuki's question was a bit redundant because the answer Dawn was giving should've been obvious, so I interjected.

note to self    when mafia kill AJ first.  :laugh:   you made me laff for real AJ

I'm gonna quote this in case I get NK'd now :tongue:

Seriously though, I never really understood you as a player until recently. I always kind of read you as scummy but now I'm able to really see what you are saying and where you are coming from with it.

Actually - unvote; vote Tsuki

Not really digging him any longer. I feel like a lot of his questions are redundant and not really leading anywhere. Comes across to me as fabricated to look like he's scum hunting. I feel like his handling of Dawn was an attempt to give her some rope to hang herself with - baiting if you will.

My reads are subject to change and likely will as the game progresses, for now though I feel comfortable with Dice.

Could you explain how you see that as defending? I felt Tsuki's question was a bit redundant because the answer Dawn was giving should've been obvious, so I interjected.

I said this because your post just came before Dawn could answer the question asked by Tsuki. In a way you helped her to answer.

Ice has ONE post so far... if consensus isn't reached, I'm all for a policy lynch, though I'd rather not "waste" it...

@Tal - thanks for sharing.

@dice - have I misunderstood - you say basel is the one with the typo (should have put "not" in his post), and that it is BASEL making an excuse for thane? you are saying THANE is the one who should have been coached (if he is scum), NOT basel? So, your post is not an accusation, but rather attempting to clarify what BASEL meant?

yes.  

Archived