DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AiW Murder Mystery: Who Killed Alice?

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

"Objection," cried the Pelican Judge. "The Jury is ordered to disregard the Hatter's statement! No judging until all have assembled!"

:P

I've emailed Maddy. We can start tomorrow if I don't hear anything by then.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I still haven't heard anything from Maddy.  So, let's get started, and give her a day to show up.  If not, I'll get a replacement.  Here we go!

"Quiet down, quiet down," the Pelican Judge said, hitting the gavel against the wooden stand.  "Now, members of the jury, you have been summoned to stand trial to the crimes charged against the Queen of Hearts.  Namely, the death of our beloved Alice."  He turned to the Queen.  "How do you plead?"

The Queen stood defiantly.  "Not guilty!"

"What evidence do you offer for this plea?"

"Well, I—" The Queen's words were cut off by an outburst from the jury.

"She didn't do it," cried the King.

"I saw her with Alice earlier in the day," yelled the Duchess.

"The Queen must have done it," sobbed the Mock Turtle.

"Whoever did it, it doesn't matter," said the Gryphon with a chuckle.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz," snored the Dormouse.

"ORDER!" the Judge called.  "ORDER!  It seems we have several witnesses here already.  This is how we will handle the situation.  The court will consist of four rounds.  In each round, three of the jury members will be put on the witness stand.  While they are up there—and after swearing to tell the truth—the other jury members must ask at least one question each round to determine if the Queen is actually guilty."

"I am not guilty!" shouted the Queen. 

"And," continued the Judge, "if the evidence against the Queen is lacking, after the fourth round is complete, you can decide to place the guilt on another person.  The majority (7 out of 12) will convict someone, so vote carefully."

The Judge jumped down from his stand and walked into the center of the room, where Alice's body still lay. 

"The crime scene is undisturbed," he said.  "The Executioner has made a brief examination of the site and will let us know of his findings now."

Returning to the stand, the Judge said, "Executioner, please tell us what you know, then bring up the witnesses."

*Leads the Hatter, the Dormouse, and the Gryphon to the stand for questioning*

Alice's body was found by the Five of Hearts just after noon today. The Five of Hearts went into the throne room and Alice dead on the floor. Naturally, out of loyalty to his Queen, he did not suspect his liege Lady of the crime. However, this court is not under the jurisdiction of the Heart Kingdom, so it is up to us to present these charges in an unbiased manner.

Upon hearing of Alice's demise, Spade guards were summoned to take the Queen of Hearts into custody. She remains there as we speak.

As of right now, we have very little information about Alice's death. Her body is untouched; there are no physical wounds we can see. That would imply asphyxiation or poison.

Beside her body is a tea cup, which is shattered.

That is all we have right now. Please begin your questioning.

The knave took the seat proffered with affronted dignity, ostentatiously doing up some loose buttons.

Just like to clarify an important point here. Being late is not a sign of quilt!

I may be quilty of quite some questionable shenanigans but I draw the line at cold dead bodies!

Carry on. Sorry for the interruption your honour.

*bows with exaggerated courtesy and took the seat again, with much aplomb this time and eyeing her fellow suspects speculatively.*

*turns ponderously to the Mad Hatter*

You and Alice are,.. were close.  Were you aware of anything troubling the poor girl?

*hides her face in a tea cozy* No, she has been acting perfectly normal! We had tea as late as yesterday! She did refuse my offer of scones though, most peculiar. But we were out of jam, so maybe that is why. At least I think it was yesterday? My memory is hazy, and I've been having blackouts recently. But... *shoots a sad glance over the rim of the teaczy over at Alice's body* I know that cup beside her. It is mine actually; I gave it to the Red Queen a few weeks ago. She was mad at me for murdering time, so I gave her the cup to please her.

*turns ponderously to the Mad Hatter*

You and Alice are,.. were close.  Were you aware of anything troubling the poor girl?

*hides her face in a tea cozy* No, she has been acting perfectly normal! We had tea as late as yesterday! She did refuse my offer of scones though, most peculiar. But we were out of jam, so maybe that is why. At least I think it was yesterday? My memory is hazy, and I've been having blackouts recently. But... *shoots a sad glance over the rim of the teaczy over at Alice's body* I know that cup beside her. It is mine actually; I gave it to the Red Queen a few weeks ago. She was mad at me for murdering time, so I gave her the cup to please her.

It is interesting to note that you chose to use the word murder. Most people would be satisfied with just killing time.

A Freudean slip perhaps or maybe just a sign of quilty conscience?

Your Majesty King: In our teagarden of course, where else? It is an excellent location for tea parties. I don't think there's any better in all of Wonderland! You should come by some time, after we've gotten more jam. Scones without jam is rather bland.

Knave Knight, what is the difference between murdering and killing, really? Is it the same difference as american and british biscuits? Or is it like sugar and honey? I always have both of course; we all have different preferences on how we like our tea. Alice liked hers with a teaspoon of honey and a little drop of cream. It had the most marvelous color.

It's all in the intention really. You can accidently kill someone which is manslaughter or you can plot your way into seeing them dead as door nail which is what happens to poor dear Alice here.

So yeah sugar honey anyway you have it it's still end up sweet and death to teeth, all dentist rejoice.

So what is your intention toward poor Alice Hatter?

My intentions? She was my best friend! (don't tell doormouse that). She was the best person I've ever met to have tea parties with. She was polite and well-mannered, and we could chit-chat about all and nothing for hours. Amazing girl, she was.

*Starts sobbing hysterically*

*The Judge bangs the gavel down hard, startling the sleepy Dormouse*

"Order! Order! Dormouse, no sleeping in the court room. May in remind you that you are on the witness stand and need to testify? Give your account!"

You were having a tea party, Hatter?  Why wasn't I invited to this party!?  

Do you have anyone who can corroborate your story?  Can they prove you were where you say you were?   :dry:

I couldn't find you, March Hare! I looked in all the teapots and under the cushions, but you weren't there.

I think Doormouse was though, asleep in the sugar bowl. Or was that another day? Oh, these fuzzy holes in my memory... Maybe I can fill them with cakes? *rummages in a pocket and brings out a slice of pound cake*

*ears and mouth fade in*  Just because you were sleeping doormouse, does not mean you didn't sleepwalk and kill dear Alice.  I wonder if she ever did figure out where it was she wanted to go....

The Hatter seems to have a fuzzy memory on whether or not he saw you sleeping that night.  Do you sleepwalk my dear mouse?

We've not heard much from Gryphon - where were you when Alice was murdered?

"The Gryphon," said the Judge, "seems to be suffering from multiple personality disorder. Please give him another day to figure things out."

Rasheta needed to pull out if the game, so I'm looking for a replacement. Hang tight until the Gryphon can testify.

*blows smoke rings above his head and surveys the room*

Hhhatter...is not Hhhelping much. It seems. Dormouse, Hhhhow do you know you were sleeping? 

Archived