DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AiW Murder Mystery: Who Killed Alice?

Mashiara Sedai

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I feel like I've lost the love of all of you. After all I have done to keep the Queen calm, to keep all of the beheadings

to a minimum and all I hear is negativity towards me. My wife has a temper, everyone knows this. She has sentenced several

of our subjects to death over things that I personally would let go. I have saved almost everyone of you from a beheading at one

point or another and still the talk. Yes, I am aware that this a Monarchy. It has always been this way. And really, I am fine with that.

I didn't marry my wife to rule. **He smiles at a distant memory**

She wasn't always as she is now, you know. She was beautiful and kind and we were very much in love. She changed though, and 

I've always thought that it was the stress of ruling.  It started slowly, she'd lose her temper and I would do anything to appease her. 

When it escalated though, I tried putting my foot down. When that didn't work, I tried talking to her. She won't talk to me about what is

bothering her, so I tried to talk her down or divert her attention. I tried to give her alternate options to her punishments, and it is that that 

has saved several of our subjects from the ax.  

I saved poor Alice that way. I talked the Queen into a trial. It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but the girl did manage to keep her head. 

I tried! I really did. Alice learned how to keep the Queen happy with her and it had been awhile since I've heard the Queen speak ill of 

the girl. My wife, anyway, would not have disposed of the girl in that fashion anyway...even if she had decided to do so. To my wife,

there is only one way to rid herself of unwanted persons and we all know well what that is.

When did I last see, Alice? I passed her on my way out of the  palace. She even greeted me and dipped a proper curtsy. No one else

even pays me any mind at all. Such a sweet child. This....this is just tragic.   

I find that interesting.  The last time I saw Alice she was scared the Queen was going to behead her and I did hear the Queen threaten that several times.  However I agree that the fact that Alice still has her head is indicative that the Queen was not involved.

• Community Administrator

The Judge calls The Gryphon up to the stand.  "Please give your evidence.  What did you do at the time of Alice's death?"

The Gryphon smiles at those assembled.  "Actually, The Mock Turtle's sobs entertained me much, I hardly even heard the ruckus from the throne room when the body was found.  We were both together the whole time, so I can't have been me, or The Mock Turtle."

The Judge calls The Knave of Hearts forward.  "I believe you have to testify."

The Knave nods gravely.  "Though it's very clear that Alice was the one who stole the tarts, essentially framing me for the crime, I didn't hold a grudge.  I didn't want her dead."

All right, players.  You have 24 hours to ask any more questions.  After that, you can vote on who is guilty.

• Community Administrator

Okay, this concludes Round 4!  Thank you guys for sticking it out till the end.

"Now," said the Judge.  "The jury may convene and determine if the Queen of Hearts is indeed guilty of the crimes she has been accused of.  If you find her not guilty, you then have the option to vote for one of your number."

Feel free to discuss a bit more, but when you vote for who is guilty (I'm telling you right now, the Queen didn't do it :P), please bold it, so we know that is your final vote.

Anyone could have committed this act, however, being that the Cheshire Cat cannot be held in the dungeon because of his ability

to fade in and out, and his past of angering the Queen where Alice is concerned...not to mention the fact that the hair discovered on 

the girl's body belonged to the cat...

I would deduce that the culprit is indeed, The Cheshire Cat.

Also, although it's been stated that it's not necessary to have read the book, I suspect there's a book reason (as well), are there any characters without a motive to kill Alice or arguably frame the Queen?

edit - I haven't read the book in a long while

Below are all the statements that I think are relevant (mostly I've tried to get rid of the banter, but there are a couple of arguments that I think are good.

At the moment I'm most suspicious of Bill, as this is the only direct contradiction I've found, also the ash could be from a chimney, and he has no alibi.  Bookwise - he has a motive.  I won't vote until some more people have posted...

Red is my thoughts

Mashiara

"Objection!" shouted the Judge. "The Mock Turtle is not on the witness stand so he cannot testify. Keep your questions focused at the three presently up there: the Dormouse, the Gryphon, and the Hatter." – don’t know if this is important, nobody else was prevented from speaking when not on the stand in this way.

Evidence

Alice's body was found by the Five of Hearts just after noon today. The Five of Hearts went into the throne room and Alice dead on the floor. Naturally, out of loyalty to his Queen, he did not suspect his liege Lady of the crime. However, this court is not under the jurisdiction of the Heart Kingdom, so it is up to us to present these charges in an unbiased manner.

Upon hearing of Alice's demise, Spade guards were summoned to take the Queen of Hearts into custody. She remains there as we speak.

As of right now, we have very little information about Alice's death. Her body is untouched; there are no physical wounds we can see. Rules out beheading and the Queen.  That would imply asphyxiation or poison. Beside her body is a tea cup, which is shattered.  That is all we have right now. Please begin your questioning.  Points at Mad Hatter

"Also," continued the Executioner, "we have a few more details about Alice's death.  After a more careful analysis of the tea cup, we found it contains trace amounts of poison, commonly found in the mushrooms the Caterpillar uses.  There are also strands of animal hair on Alice's dress."  Caterpillar

More information has become clear from Alice's body. Upon closer examination, there are a few gold flecks under her fingernails. This seems to be residue from the royal scepter. There is also a small pool of ashes beside Alice's head. King and Caterpillar again/maybe Bill

Upon closer inspection, the animal hairs on Alice's clothing belong to the Cheshire Cat. Cat

Bill the Lizard – Ithillian

Bill the Lizard stood.  "I have one thing to add, your Honor," he said.  "When I left the castle earlier, on my way to the White Rabbit's house, I saw the Caterpillar coming this way, looking very angry about something."

I was heading from the Castle to the White Rabbit's house and the very angry caterpillar was coming the other way. I remember I thought it very strange as he is usually such a relaxed character.

And I'm not aware of having any herbs.

Bill would appear to have no alibi, the White Rabbit is with the Cheshire Cat at the time.  Also denies having the herbs that the Caterpillar gave him - one of them is lying, also trying to point the finger at the Caterpillar?

The Caterpillar - Rhea

Curious, the ashes could be a from a chHimney Mr Lizard?

Sinnnce being kicked out of the chHimney, Bill the Lizard, I know you have had a tremendous fear of Alice and would always leave the room if she showed up.  Hhhowever, you've talked to me about hhhherbs that can hhhhelp your anxiety. Did you a-find the a-right one and finally get your revenge?

I am not on the stand here Mr. Lizard. The hhhherbs were for you and they were not mine. 

Mr. Lizzard only spoke to me about hhhherbs that could help him overcome his fear of Alice. Mayhhhapsss hhhe spoke to the Duchess about them too. I agree with the King, this is very lllikely place to start.

Mushroom poison is not Exsss-clusive to my mushrooms. Look around yoouuuu, mushrooms are found all over Wonderland.

I sssaw Alice right before the Five of Hhhhearts entered the throne room, but she was already dead.  I had come to see the Queen and King about buying more mushrooms, but when I saw Alice there, like thhhhat, I removed myself from the area.

Also suspicious and no alibi presented.  Claims to have found the body and left.  Bill saw him looking angry, but why would the Caterpillar admit to being there in these circumstances?

The Cheshire Cat - Bridmorgan

*fades in on the Rabbit head*  He was with me actually.  He was delivering my midday meal...which was quite delicious I must say.

fades in, his bum in Lea's face*  If you must know, I was in the dungeon at the time.  The Queen wanted me executed once again, but the king loves me so much he patted me and had me thrown in the dungeon. 

My meal was seved while I was in the dungeoun...I do get hungry and that is how I ate.  I did not fade, I did not slumber...

Was being 'held' in the dungeon as punishment, but I overheard the Queen saying that his punishment was going to be talking to me...  Still alibied by the White Rabbit.

The Dormouse - Elaevia

I was asleep when Alice was killed, I did see her earlier in the throne room: I had a nap on her lap and then I went home.

I thought it was just a dream at the time, but now maybe not.

While I was nappingon Alice I heard strange sounds. Strange sounds like you would expect when a secret entrance opens and closes. Who knows all the secret?

Secret passage - suggests its not the cat, as he wouldn't need a secret passage.  'Asleep' at the time and with Alice (probably) also suspicious.

The Duchess - Luciena

"I saw her with Alice earlier in the day," yelled the Duchess

"I do have something to add, your Honor.  Earlier today, while I was on the castle grounds, I saw the Dormouse enter the throne room with Alice.  However, nearly an hour later, the Dormouse left.  He exited the castle's gate and presumably went home."

I was in the Palace grounds Your Majesty. I was looking for my baby boy, who unfortunately has taken it upon himself to turn into a pig.*Mumbles* Makes a better pig than a baby I'll say...

However, I did see several people on the grounds, while I was looking for my pig. Mainly You! *points to the King of Hearts.* Your Majesty. You were looking rather flustered emerging from a bush.

In the grounds and saw the King looking flustered

The Gryphon - mcs083/Rashi

"Whoever did it, it doesn't matter," said the Gryphon with a chuckle.

"All right, all right.  The point is, while I do rather enjoy seeing people suffer, I didn't kill Alice.  Taking pleasure from another's pain doesn't imply that I wanted her dead, only that I'd laugh if she was killed."  The Gryphon then turned to the White Rabbit.  "And to answer your question as to where I was... naturally, I was with the Mock Turtle.  Being with him is such a delight!"

Hell let me see when was the last time I saw her- Hjckrrh! Ah yes I recall now. Myself Alice and the Mock Turtle were having one of our interesting chats, when the girl and I were summoned to one of her Majesty's MANY trials she holds on a weekly basis. Must've been about two days ago that was

The Gryphon smiles at those assembled.  "Actually, The Mock Turtle's sobs entertained me much, I hardly even heard the ruckus from the throne room when the body was found.  We were both together the whole time, so I can't have been me, or The Mock Turtle."

Allibied with me

The Hatter - Misheru

*hides her face in a tea cozy* No, she has been acting perfectly normal! We had tea as late as yesterday! She did refuse my offer of scones though, most peculiar. But we were out of jam, so maybe that is why. At least I think it was yesterday? My memory is hazy, and I've been having blackouts recently. But... *shoots a sad glance over the rim of the teaczy over at Alice's body* I know that cup beside her. It is mine actually; I gave it to the Red Queen a few weeks ago. She was mad at me for murdering time, so I gave her the cup to please her.

I think Doormouse was though, asleep in the sugar bowl. Or was that another day? Oh, these fuzzy holes in my memory... Maybe I can fill them with cakes? *rummages in a pocket and brings out a slice of pound cake*

Oh in that case! *dons her best teacozy as a hat* I head the king muttering the other day about loosing the love of his wife and his subjects! Why was that, Your Majesty?

Also places the dormouse at the scene.  Teacup was his, given to the Queen (but left in throne room - think Red Herring).  Also pointing at the King.

The King of Hearts – Tonnalea

"She didn't do it," cried the King.

The Rabbit was out making deliveries. Being "out" suggests off of the grounds. He delivered a meal to you, yet the dungeons 

are on these grounds. Which is it, Cat? Thought this was a good point.

I was on the grounds, of course. I seldom leave. 

When did I last see, Alice? I passed her on my way out of the  palace. She even greeted me and dipped a proper curtsy. No one else even pays me any mind at all. Such a sweet child. This....this is just tragic.  

On the grounds and alibied by the Duchess (sort of)

The Knave of Hearts - Suchmadness

The Knave stood to his feet.  "It is true, your Honor.  I was making my rounds in the hallway when the March Hare approached me with his plans for the tea party.  I was forced to listen, as my back was against the wall, and my only route of escape cut off by decorative armor.  He was still jabbering at me when the Guards raced by screaming about a murder.  Both of us were no where near the site when it happened."

The Knave nods gravely.  "Though it's very clear that Alice was the one who stole the tarts, essentially framing me for the crime, I didn't hold a grudge.  I didn't want her dead."

Allibies the March Hare

The March Hare - Keyholder

The March Hare stepped forward and cleared his throat.  "Well, it's true that Alice did ruin my tea party.  And I'm very upset by that.  But, I have other ways to make her pay.  I was planning another tea party--which is why I was with the Knave of Hearts at the time of the murder.  I was asking him to come to my tea party.  You see, once Alice learned that everyone was invited, except her, she would know she was snubbed.  That was the most I would ever do to her.  I certainly didn't want her dead."

Don't learn a lot here

The Mock Turtle - BFG

"The Queen must have done it," sobbed the Mock Turtle.

Hmm, I to, would like the Rabbit to answer some questions.  I have overheard him talking with the Queen about the punishments that should be meted out.  In fact, I, I heard them say that they would punish the cat by making him talk to me about the lobster quadrille.  I mean, I don't know how that would be a punishment, maybe that's why they decided on the dungeons...  *subsides, visibly upset*

Earlier I was asked to collaborate the Gryphons whereabouts at the time of Alices murder.  I was indeed talking with the Gryphon, about the lobster quadrille, I am rather fond of that dance. 

I find that interesting.  The last time I saw Alice she was scared the Queen was going to behead her and I did hear the Queen threaten that several times.  However I agree that the fact that Alice still has her head is indicative that the Queen was not involved

Allibied with the Gryphon.  Pointing at the Queen, but this is unlikely (impossible)

The White Rabbit - Kronos

I can confirm that the Hatter's cup has been in the throne room for weeks.  I also saw it there on the day of Alice's murder.

I don't know when I last saw Alice, but at the time of the murder I was off delivering messages.

Allibied with the Cat

I vote for King of Hearts as he has no alibi that I can see and was looking frustrated when observed emerging from a bush on the castle grounds by the Duchess. I see no reason for the King to be hiding if not guilty of the crime.

Archived