The Dormouse - Elaevia - not me,

The Gryphon - mcs083 - with Mock Turtle

The Mock Turtle - BFG - with Gryphon,

The Knave of Hearts - Suchmadness - with the March Hare

The March Hare - Keyholder - with the knave of Hearts

The Hatter - Misheru

The Duchess - Luciena

Possibly gulity

Bill the Lizard - Ithi - saw caterpillar angry, but was at the Rabbits house alone so has no alibi

The Caterpillar - Rhea  first to find her dead but left, Bill said he was angry, but I don't know why mushroom trade would be a cause for anger

The Cheshire Cat - Bridmorgan - the rabbit delivered his food, but how did his hair get there if he remained in the dungeon? which means he must have been fading in and out

The White Rabbit - Kronos - delivering messages/ meal to cat, but being with the cat wouldn't take very long, and would know all the best ways to move around the palace

The King of Hearts - Tonnalea - saw alice arriving, makes no mention of Alice being scared as the Mock Turtle said

The White Rabbit - Kronos - delivering messages/ meal to cat, but being with the cat wouldn't take very long, and would know all the best ways to move around the palace

Tough call, but I'm going to vote King of Hearts

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I don't think we've considered yet, was the Queen the intended target? 

There's a broken tea cup, which as far as we know was given to the Queen by the Hatter but has been in the room for weeks, therefore anyone could have put poison in.

There was poison in the tea, suggesting cause of death - as far as we know the Caterpillar and Bill the Lizard have access to this.

There was cat fur on Alice, but this could have come from any time - we all know how pet fur sticks to clothes (I really do think this is a red herring)

Perhaps the most significant thing is the gold under the fingernails - as in RL trace is often/sometimes (depending on how believable CSI is) found under fingernails.

The ash, could be from Bill - in the story he's found in a chimney, or the Caterpillar as he smokes a pipe. 

But of all these the only one definitely associated with the murder is the teacup and poison, the rest could all be circumstantial. 

Maybe the Caterpillar was angry because he meant to kill the Queen?

On a different note if we're looking at a pair I find the Gryphon and myself suspicious because of the way our evidence was brought in to question - first I was prevented from confirming the Gryphons alibi when he was on the stand, second the Gryphon was questioned again when I was on the stand...  Additionally I have spent a lot of time pointing suspicion at the Queen, when she's almost the least likely candidate.

• Community Administrator

Okay, so far the votes are...

Cheshire Cat: 3

King of Hearts: 3

We still need a majority to get a conviction.  If you want to change your vote, please feel free to do so.

(Also, I thought I posted this a few days ago, but now I see I didn't.  Sorry!)

vote Bill the Lizard

although I will switch to king of hearts if someone else does in order to get an answer.  Note that it's not stated when he was looking shifty on the grounds, has anyone counted the tarts recently?  It doesn't necessarily relate to the murder.  The most compelling evidence for him is the gold under the fingernails, but since I've not read the book in an age I really don't know what this could have come from.

• Community Administrator

Okay, the votes stand as such:

Cheshire Cat: 2

King of Hearts: 4

Bill the Lizard: 1

Since it appears that many of our participants have dropped out, I think we have enough to convict The King...

The Judge stood before the jury.  "How do you find the defendant, the Queen of Heart?"

The Dormouse stood up and said quite softly, "We find her not guilty."

The Judge nodded, and the Queen of Hearts sighed in relief.  "And do you wish to make any more accusations?"

This time, The Gryphon shot to his feet.  "It was the King of Hearts!  We find him guilty of murder!"

The King paled, looking around the courtroom uncertainly.  "Me?  Why would you accuse me?"

The Caterpillar extended his body.  "I was on my way to the castle to give you more mushrooms, your Majesty.  I was upset because I couldn't believe I had to make another trip to the castle so soon.  You sure when through the mushrooms quickly, or else you used them all at once to poison Alice."

"P--preposterous," said The King.

The White Rabbit stood up, pointing a finger at The King.  "What of the gold flecks?  Alice must have drank the tea, and realized she had been poisoned.  She would have reached for you, but you stuck the royal scepter at her, keeping your fingerprints off her.  She would have grabbed it, dug her fingers into it, getting the gold flecks under her nails."

"I never..." started The King.

The Cheshire Cat floated in the air above The King.  "And my hair got on poor Alice.  Didn't I say you patted my head before leaving me in the dungeons.  If you had my hair on your hands, you could have gotten it on Alice, too."

The King shook his head furiously.  "Such lies!"

The Hatter glared at The King.  "I heard you complaining about Alice.  You said she was taking the love of your subjects away.  You wanted her dead!"

"N--no."

The Dormouse roused his head.  "I heard noises when I napped with Alice, whirls and bangs.  There have been rumors of a secret entrance to the throne room.  No doubt, you meant to murder her then, but found out I was with her, so you retreated to try again later."

"I didn't," said The King, weakly.

"How else," asked the Mock Turtle, sobbing a little, "would you be so utterly convinced of your wife's innocence?"

"King of Heats," intoned the Judge.  "You have been accused of murder.  The consensus have voted you guilty, so you will be punished for your crimes.  Confess now, and spare your soul."

The King of Hearts, nodding gravely, stood to his feet and approached the bench.  Halfway there, he took off, running towards the exit.  The courtroom exploded into action, everyone running around--as if they were doing the Cactus Race.  The Executioner, however, realized the King was trying to escape and blocked the doorway.  The King skidded to a halt in front of the Executioner.

"Your sentence has been decided," said the Executioner.  Then, from somewhere within the commotion, came a loud, "Off with his head!"  The Executioner obliged.

THE END

You guessed right!  Thanks for playing everyone!  I'm sorry it got dragged out for so long.  Hopefully it was still a bit enjoyable.

Thanks for hosting this Whites! It did drag out a bit, but it was very interesting, even for me who don't know much of the source material (nver read the original books; have seen the Disney movie, the other Disney movie, and played the dark, twisted alice video games). Also very happy we got the killer, even if I was wrong in my vote!

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived