DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AiW Murder Mystery: Who Killed Alice?

Mashiara Sedai

*turns ponderously to the Mad Hatter*

You and Alice are,.. were close.  Were you aware of anything troubling the poor girl?

*hides her face in a tea cozy* No, she has been acting perfectly normal! We had tea as late as yesterday! She did refuse my offer of scones though, most peculiar. But we were out of jam, so maybe that is why. At least I think it was yesterday? My memory is hazy, and I've been having blackouts recently. But... *shoots a sad glance over the rim of the teaczy over at Alice's body* I know that cup beside her. It is mine actually; I gave it to the Red Queen a few weeks ago. She was mad at me for murdering time, so I gave her the cup to please her.

*nods* but cream on top of jam, or jam on top of cream?  That is the important question here. 

But in what way did you murder time?  and have you told the White Rabbit?

*startles awake - well slightly less asleep anyway*

I was asleep when Alice was killed, I did see her earlier in the throne room: I had a nap on her lap and then I went home.

For a nap.

And who else was in the throne room with the two of you at the time, or if alone - why was Alice *sob* in here alone?

I can confirm that the Hatter's cup has been in the throne room for weeks.  I also saw it there on the day of Alice's murder.

We've not heard much from Gryphon - where were you when Alice was murdered?

*slowly starts to speak in a very dull voice*

So the teacup was not in the Queens personal possession for the past few weeks, that indeed anybody could have picked it up and dropped it in an attempt to frame our dear Queen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7c27DLWQq0

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Still no replacement player for the Gryphon, so I'll just post his testimony, and answer any questions asked of him up to this point.  If we find a player (and if you know someone who might be interested) we'll catch them up later.

So...

"It's your turn, Gryphon," said the Judge.  "You've put it off long enough."

The Gryphon smirked at the Judge, and at the rest of the jury.

"All right, all right.  The point is, while I do rather enjoy seeing people suffer, I didn't kill Alice.  Taking pleasure from another's pain doesn't imply that I wanted her dead, only that I'd laugh if she was killed."  The Gryphon then turned to the White Rabbit.  "And to answer your question as to where I was... naturally, I was with the Mock Turtle.  Being with him is such a delight!"

Good news, everyone!  mcs0083 has taken the role as the Gryphon!  So, once he catches up to what's going on, feel free to ask him more questions if you so desire.  Also, remember that a few of you need to present evidence this round (I'm looking at you, Duchess and Bill the Lizard).

"Objection!" shouted the Judge. "The Mock Turtle is not on the witness stand so he cannot testify. Keep your questions focused at the three presently up there: the Dormouse, the Gryphon, and the Hatter."

:P

I have to work - the boards on the Dock look loose. We wouldn't want anyone tripping or falling through them.

I'll get my ladder. I can probably see better up there anyways. Like I saw ...well never mind that. I'm not the best at questions - but has anyone asked where and when all these fine upstanding saw the giant girl last?

Alive preferably - although if they could say they saw her alive and then dead that would be useful. Gryphon, Dormouse and Hatter - can you refresh me?

Hell let me see when was the last time I saw her- Hjckrrh! Ah yes I recall now. Myself Alice and the Mock Turtle were having one of our interesting chats, when the girl and I were summoned to one of her Majesty's MANY trials she holds on a weekly basis. Must've been about two days ago that was.

Gryphon...an alibi it seems you hhhhave. Will the Mock Turtle kor-ahhh-barate that story? 

*opens mouth*

"Objection!" shouted the Judge. "The Mock Turtle is not on the witness stand so he cannot testify. Keep your questions focused at the three presently up there: the Dormouse, the Gryphon, and the Hatter."

:P

*subsides*

Hell let me see when was the last time I saw her- Hjckrrh! Ah yes I recall now. Myself Alice and the Mock Turtle were having one of our interesting chats, when the girl and I were summoned to one of her Majesty's MANY trials she holds on a weekly basis. Must've been about two days ago that was.

Do you remember whose trial perchance my old friend?

Not precisely, because the Queeen has soooo many trivial to dos. All I remember is your constant blubbering, as usual.

:huh::sad:

I'm sure this is a stressful situation for you 'old friend', but is there really any need for that?

It does occur to me that since the body is still, ah, intact, that it does not fit the Queens standard operating parameters.  Perhaps we need to be looking elsewhere?

*glares at the Gryphon*

Lots of old friends being thrown about, maybe one is being thrown under the carriage?  *a head fades into view*

Gryphon, you can't remember a trial held two days ago?  Then how do we know you are giving accurate testimony?

-Out of character- : The trial I am mentioning is not a part of this game. It is from the actual stories of Alice, when she the gryphon and the mock turtle are talking, and the two former are summoned to a trial held by the Queen. Sorry for the confusion.

-Back in character- : Apologies, I never said that these events have to do directly with this trial. That is just when I saw the girl last. I didn't not mean for it to be an accusatory statement in anyway, though it amuses me the you took it as such.

"All right," said the Judge.  "We need to move onto the next Round, so if there is no further evidence to present..."

The Duchess stood up and approached the bench.

"I do have something to add, your Honor.  Earlier today, while I was on the castle grounds, I saw the Dormouse enter the throne room with Alice.  However, nearly an hour later, the Dormouse left.  He exited the castle's gate and presumably went home."

"Very good," said the Judge.  "Anyone else?"

Bill the Lizard stood.  "I have one thing to add, your Honor," he said.  "When I left the castle earlier, on my way to the White Rabbit's house, I saw the Caterpillar coming this way, looking very angry about something."

The Judge nodded.  "If there are no further questions"--and remember, you can ask more questions next Round--"we will conclude this Round.  Hatter, Dormouse, Gryphon, you may step down from the witness stand."

Sorry for the unorthodox ending of this Round.  Everyone double check the rules in the OP--one of the requirements is one post ever REAL LIFE day.  I know our schedules are busy, so I've let it slide so far, but we need to stick to a stricter timeline.  If you feel you are unable to continue playing, please let me know and we'll find a replacement.

Round 2 will be posted shortly.

Yes yes ... the caterpillar looked very angry - and I would have said - but I thought that was for when I was questioned :blush: I was heading from the Castle to the White Rabbit's house and the very angry caterpillar was coming the other way. I remember I thought it very strange as he is usually such a relaxed character.

But I wasn't being questioned.

I was mending the stand. See I've got a hammer and everything.

*lowers his glasses looking at Bill the Lizzard*

Whhhen awhhhas this preciselllllllyy? I, thhhough I do get work-ed up by silly nonsence, do not get angry.

**Ponders the Doormouse for a moment and then clears his throat and stands** 

I do believe there is one question that has yet to be asked and could have a great bearing on this case.  

Doormouse, you were seen in the area shortly before the untimely demise of the poor victim. Please

answer this question for the court...

"What is jam made of?"

OOC: Sorry, I was going to do this the other day, but sick kid and all. I sort of got a little distracted.

*Leads the White Rabbit, the Duchess, and Bill the Lizard to the stand for questioning*

More information has become clear from Alice's body. Upon closer examination, there are a few gold flecks under her fingernails. This seems to be residue from the royal scepter. There is also a small pool of ashes beside Alice's head.

That is all we have right now. Please commence your questioning.

Mister Bill the Lizard.  Isn't it true that you and Alice had a somewhat turbulent relation ship with our dear Alice.  In fact hasn't she been violent towards you on several occasions?  Did you decide to take revenge?

Archived