DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AiW Murder Mystery: Who Killed Alice?

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

Okay, we've had another character change.  Luciena is going to be taking over the role of Duchess.  Please give her another day to catch up on the thread and answer all the questions you've already asked.

Thanks for being patient!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*rattles her teacup*

The might have come from her Majesty's sceptre... But there are other persons too, that likes their gold. Isn't that so, Duchess?

It might be so dear, it might. I do like shiny things myself. I have made no secret of it.

There is another who knows a little about herbs and maybe even spices....isn't that right, Duchess? 

I do like my pepper. Food tastes so bland without it, so my cook is overly generous with it.

You have remained terribly quiet, Duchess, and that cannot be wise  being in your current position. 

Where exactly were you at the time of the murder?

I was in the Palace grounds Your Majesty. I was looking for my baby boy, who unfortunately has taken it upon himself to turn into a pig.*Mumbles* Makes a better pig than a baby I'll say...

However, I did see several people on the grounds, while I was looking for my pig. Mainly You! *points to the King of Hearts.* Your Majesty. You were looking rather flustered emerging from a bush.

What had upset you so Your Majesty? Do you have anything to add for yourself?

You did look decidedly suspicious, seeing as things have turned out.

**takes a moment to ponder the Rabbit's response**  And we are aware that the Cheshire Cat often finds a cozy spot to rest within the 

home of the Duchess. Perhaps while you were delivering her meal, Rabbit, you were able to procure the items necessary to frame 

the Duchess. Or perhaps, it was the Cat. 

The White Rabbit has always had free passage of my little humble palace. Why, he's the Queen's messenger, I could hardly refuse to let him come in. And he does so dote on my little kitty.

*gives the Cat an indulgent motherly smile*

If anyone on the stand would have motive to do harm to Alice, it would be the Duchess. Is it not true that Alice ran off with 

your baby, Duchess?

It is true that the girl ran off with my little one. She thought I was being a horrible mother to him, and afterwards at the croquet party we settled our differences with Alice, and my piglet was returned to me.

(Welcome to the game Duchess/Luciena)

Duchess, I admit I find it somewhat suspicious that you're looking for your son, when I understood you to have little concern for him after his, unfortunate, transformation...

"Order, order," called the Judge.  "I think all the witnesses have testified.  You may all step down from the witness stand.  Round 3 will start shortly.  Please wait patiently till then."

Sorry this has been so slow, everyone.  We've just had a few problems with people being unable to play.  But, hopefully, we'll be good from here on out.  Round 3 will be posted in just a bit.  Thanks!

Oh, also, there's been a few questions about when to bring up your evidence.  If your evidence relates to someone who is testifying, it's probably best to wait until they speak.  If it's something that doesn't pertain to anyone on the stands, you can announce it at any time. 

Hope that helps!

"All right, settle down," cried the Pelican Judge.  "This is a court room, not a playground.  And quit singing that song!"

Once silence had settled, the Judge called the Executioner forward. 

"These witnesses are called forward to the stand," said the Executioner.  "The Cheshire Cat, the March Hare, and the Caterpillar."

The witnesses stepped forward.

"Also," continued the Executioner, "we have a few more details about Alice's death.  After a more careful analysis of the tea cup, we found it contains trace amounts of poison, commonly found in the mushrooms the Caterpillar uses.  There are also strands of animal hair on Alice's dress."

Start of Round 3.  You may begin.

Ponderously turns to the Caterpillar.

So Caterpillar, whom have you been meeting recently?  It seems to me that anyone could have borrowed some of Caterpillars herbs.

And White Rabbit, you spend a lot of time with the Queen.  How did she seem to you when last you met?  Angry perhaps?

Archived