DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Besides Rand...is there any other character in WoT that we all can agree to "like?"

mike hunt's here

I like a lot of the people. Moiraine. Thom. Lan. Master Gill. Gaul. Tam. Elyas. Hopper. Birgitte. I think these are all mutually liked. Can't forget Balwer, Sulin, Rodel, Silviana, and Gareth Bryne too. Noal, Talmanes, Rhuarc too. I think the list of liked characters is shorter than those everyone hates.

Silviana? I can't really see that. She may have been a great Mistress of Novices to the Novices, but she was central in administering a lot of Elaida's unjust punishments. Beating Alviarin every morning (indefinitely), breaking Shemerin (the demoted Aes Sedai), trying to break Egwene. While she was doing it by command of the Amyrlin, she really should have taken a stand against it or something.

she did take a stand against it, maybe it was a bit late, but she did stand up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, Fain has probably been the most successful villain in the series, and in some ways the most scary. The scouring of the Two Rivers, theft of the Horn, almost killing Rand, successfully ambushing Rand, corrupting Pedron Niall and Elaida. The guy can stay one step ahead of everyone and nail a fde to the wall, literally.

And going by what I read in ToM hes only gonna get better.

I don't know how anyone could dislike Talmanes. He's super cool with his dry wit. So funny. Awesome guy, loyal and trustworthy to Mat and Egwene.

And, I know he's in the prologue for AMOL, but I haven't read it yet, but I sincerely hope I'm still right.

Edited by Barid Bel Medar
spoilers

Love Perrin.

Hate Faile.

I love how nobody said Cadsuane, Luckers is gonna get frustrated.

But Bela is definitely my favorite character, probably the most active throughout the series, as well as the most determined. 

Edit: Everyone except Haga, my bad.

Edited by Shaman

Love Perrin.

Hate Faile.

I love how nobody said Cadsuane, Luckers is gonna get frustrated.

But Bela is definitely my favorite character, probably the most active throughout the series, as well as the most determined. 

Edit: Everyone except Haga, my bad.

this thread is about characters you think are universally loved, so of course nobody will say cadsuane, we know allot of people don't like her.

Still no love for Herid Fel in here. Come on, he was awesome; highly intelligent, eccentric and good taste in women (I always liked Min :-P). He helped Min grow into a scholar, helped Rand grasp deeper meanings of being the Dragon Reborn and his death was one of the catalysts of the 2 of them hooking up. The effects of what he and Rand talked about in the short bit of time he was around will probably win him the Last Battle.

Agree on Rand... nope.  I like him (he's the main character and all) but i can easily see the points of people that hate him/dislike him.  The same with most other characters.

Moraine - i don't like her, but that comes from a general dislike for anyone AS.  I dislike an organization that is so caught up in its own self worth that it fails so miserably at nearly everything it does.  

Thats why i said that you wont find any main or maybe even secondary characters that everyone will like.  To much screen time to split opinions.  The 3rd/4th teir characters are made to fit exact roles so they are ones that most people will either like or hate according to the role written for them.

Birgitte and Min (just to show my hatred of Elayne, Egwene, Nynaeve (due to her early abysmal characteristics outweighing her later better ones) and Fail (spelt deliberately wrong)) is based on their personalities rather than their gender.

Thom, Tam Al'Thor (who is the coolest father ever IMO and who I like to model myself on inasmuch it is possible, with my 2 children.

• 2 weeks later...
Eben Hopwill. Don't anyone dare say otherwise.

How about universally hated? And I mean like someone whose birthday party absolutely nobody would go to. I nominate Elaida.

I dont dislike her.  I disagree with her, of course, but even when she won she lost.  Kinda hard for me to hate her.