DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

Someone pointed out that the throne ability follows EP if he's the hand. I don't really buy the idea that it's just a hammer vote since I don't think Darthe would've slipped that sort of thing in if we were going to figure it out immediately. If it follows the Hand around that means if Ned dies then it passes to Tyrion, but then what if Tyrion dies?

Speculating in this game is probably going to result in a lot of unnecessary FOS and crap n confusing play tbh so I think we should lay off trying to see who's on which side based on character and focus purely on gameplay. I'm personally going to ignore the character roles unless you're a Stark.

That seems pretty blatently scummy what about the Wildling that takes care of Bran? She isn't a Stark.

This isn't aggressive play anymore this is just dumb. Blatently scummy since I forgot a rather obvious addition to the Stark house who doesn't happen to have the name.. lol. Snow doesn't have the name does he? What would I consider Hodor or Syrio? Solo win? House Lannister? Come off it..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I stopped defending EP pretty early. He didn't make it very hard.

VOTE EP

I read and re-read EP's 'arguments' last night (in real life and in game) and I noticed a great deal of those things on Despo's list myself, as well as a couple I hadn't but I see do make sense. I miss the obvious sometimes. :rolleyes: I knew his sudden claim of Vanilla smelled, but it didn't occur to me it might have been simply to avoid having to come up with 'proof' of his claimed role. I don't doubt he's scum.

If he's not, Des has my vote next Day. But I doubt if she were Mafia she'd have gone after him that hard.

Official Vote Count:

Despo (1): EP

EP (3): Despo, Andrew, Nightstrike

Not voting (16): Alanna, BG, Blackhoof, Jack, Kae, Kudaran, Len, Mynd, Peace, Rand, Razen, Tina, Tinker, TMD, Tress, Turin

With 20 alive it takes 11 to Lynch.

Darthe will post the Deadline at some point - but about 3 days from now ish.

Blech I was trying to put together a somewhat lengthy post before finding out that the thread is locked, and now won't get a chance to remake it since I'm bout to leave work.

Vote EP

Basically, there's WAAAAAAAY too many questions floating in the air concerning what happened to his vote yesterday and his connection to the whole Iron Throne thing.

1. He was stating that he wanted to vote for Basel, but said in code that he was forced to vote for Jack. Jack later stated that EP was distancing from Basel, which EP scoffed at like it didn't happen

2. Without forewarning, Arez went from L-2 to lynched, without anyone voting on thread. EP's name appears on the train, and right after him the Iron Throne vote

3. EP's explanation for this bizarre situation goes as follows:

a. he was vote controlled again, only this time the mod moved his vote for him, since he wasn't online in time for the deadline

b. this happened because it was the hammer vote... only he wasn't the hammer vote. Arez was L-2.

c. instead of being targeted by a vote controller AND a vote stealer, he claims he was targeted by the same role. Unless it's a whole new role unique to this game, this would imply that the mod(s) allowed for a vote controller to act as a vote stealer all of a sudden, which is suspect to say the least

4. EP scrambles and flails about as hard as I've seen anyone flail when I start pressuring him

5. He waffles on his stance regarding my alignment, switching from "Despo, I KNOW you're not town" to "Despo, if you're not town you're dead tomorrow"

6. After night passes, he states that he is now a vanilla, and that someone stole his role, but only temporary. This is MIGHTY convenient considering it allows him to get by another day without having to provide results from his role to help back his claim up, set me up for a framejob, AND it would make it the third time he's been targeted by the mafia team before in the first day/night phase.

7. Then he states he's not a vanilla, but has gained a new role. I think he used the opportunity of Robb passing away to try and support his Ned claim

8. He says NOW he has a throne vote, only it's not the Iron Throne vote. :huh: ..... :dry:

Not only do we have the best shot of finding scum by lynching him today, but a lynch on him can also get us the most information today. After all, if he flips town than we know there's some kind of weird vote manipulation role in this game, we prob get a better sense of what the whole throne business is about, and we gain new info on some who have defended him recently (notably Andrew and Hoof)

Incidentally, I got some new questions concerning Hoof's PR, but something tells me I won't be able to get those questions answered. Also, I'm really wary of anyone that has tried breadcrumbing a role up to this point. EP was the most flagrant about it, but Mynd is a close second. Mafia might have been trying to breadcrumb Stark roles just to try and get the REAL Starks to buddy up to them and slip who their identities might be (which is EXACTLY what happened to Basel)

Hodor... hodor hodor

vote EP

I have not yet gotten the time for that re-read and I´m not sure I´ll actually get it. Here are some random thoughts.

This nk suggests to me that we have a less experienced scum team. Basel was a pretty simple kill. Jack claimed some kind of cop and the doc would probably protect him. But what they did was to confirm that the Starks are town. Of course we thought so but now we know. The less experienced in this game should be Nightstrike (hope you are well), Rand and Kudaran. I have never played with AndrewLee but it sounds like he has played somewhere else. I think TMD is an experienced player but it was a long time since he played so he might be a bit rusty.

Of course we don´t know for how long the Starks will remain town. There are these scary things that posses people already in the first book. I hope we don´t have a cult game but it´s likely. Melisandre being town was a bit unexpected.

I would like some help with all the claims. I have taken notes but I don´t know where to find them. lol

1. (Pankhuri) alannalynn

2. Arez Al'loke - Melisandre, The Lady of Light: Town Vigilante - Lynched Day 1

3. Jack_D - Jon Snow - some kind of cop

4. Tinker

5. TinaHel

6. bgrishinko - a member of the Stark family? - no claimed role

7. Myndrunner - Sansa Stark - no claimed role

8. Turin Turambar - Bronn - no claimed role

9. Nightstrike

10. Basel Gill - Robb Stark: Town Deputy - Killed Night 1

11. Lenlo

12. Blackhoof - Hodor - not claimed but has a pr that makes it likely - no role claimed

13. Sakaea

14. RandA lThor

15. Razen

16. Kudaran Dragon Blooded

17. Despothera

18. peacesells

19. Songstress

20. (Kaylee) AndrewLee

21. TheMasterDude

22. Eternal Phoenix - Eddard Stark - first some kind of cop, that role is temporary gone but since Robb died he got the Deputy role

Please take this list and fill in what is missing. Thank you.

Then we have this thing with vote stealing, vote controling, secret votes, a throne that votes etc. Don´t know what to think about that. It´s obvious that Darthe has come with some original stuff.

Official Vote Count:

Despo (1): EP

EP (4): Despo, Andrew, Blackhoof

Kudaran Dragon Blooded (1): TinaHel

Not voting (15): Alanna, BG, Jack, Kae, Kudaran, Len, Mynd, Nightstrike, Peace, Rand, Razen, Tinker, TMD, Tress, Turin

Here is a countdown timer until night:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20120701T23&p0=745&msg=Night

Vote: Tina. Her voting record has stuck out as odd to me. She was on Turin first, then unvoted him after he answered a simple no to her question. Then Songstress, where she said that her vote was wasted. And now comes out against Kudaran. A random train to be sure, and one that doesn't net much info at this point, given all he did was check in and vote for Turin.

I'm addressing different points in color cause I'm feeling frisky this morning.

In this game with apparently a silent voter, deputy, a deputies deputy, every other night role cop, double voter with a pr condition (a la EP) I'm inclined to believe no one is "vanilla"

Although EP initially claimed vanilla so idk. So I'm a little timid atm

Huh? I thought he claimed Ned Stark.

I could of swore he said he was vanilla and now deputy now that Basel was nked

He said he was vanilla last night because his powers or some shizz was messed with. So, conveniently, he couldn't use his NA because people are messing with him again.

EP has this habit of role revealing and releasing info pretty quickly when town. More so than others. He tends to get the info out there and let it be used rather than waiting on near lynch to do it so I'm willing to let his claims play out for a while. My biggest pause about his claims are the vanilla and role change stuff. I can totally understand why Despo thinks it's total BS. There's a lot happening to one guy and it does seem like it could be a flail. But he's given so many routes for himself to be proven wrong quite easily, I don't see the harm in seeing what he does.

Also, my first thought about the Iron Throne thing was that it is some sort of silent vote that doesn't appear till the end of the day. Like, someone could have sent in the silent vote at L-5, we see it as L-5 still but in reality it is L-4 until the lynch is secured and it shows up at the end of the train. That would explain EP's vote being the hammer vote. Also, it seems a lot simpler an explanation to me than EP having both a mysterious midnight moving vote AND an Iron Throne vote as scum. Just sayin.

Also I don't like Despo continually mentioning how it could be a "bastard Mod" move etc. etc. That just gives the impression that either you are right or this game is totally unfair which I think IS tunnel-vision when you don't know all the possible roles out there. It feels a tidbit manipulative to try and use this as an arguement.

Archived