DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, BG. It must feel good for you.

I won´t comment on anything game related since I still need to do a re-read and it´s night but...

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!

LMAO!

And Blackhoof - you did a great job being Hodor. It was fun to read your posts. You managed to contribute even though you couldn´t speak. lol

Hey everyone, just wanted to say, I'm starting to be able to deal with my RL thing better now, so I should be more active. Thanks everyone for being understanding, it helped. *snuggles everyone*

I'm going to be quiet today probably until later (though I was planning to get involved today) because a family member passed away this morning. She's not closely related to me, but a lot of the family is here at the beach and we're in emergency-mode trying to get half us all us packed and keep the kids calm at the same time. Sorry...

Mynd, would you like a lemoncake? I had it narrowed down to two before, now I have it down to one.

There will be lemoncakes? with tea? *squee*

I find it difficult to believe that EP was vote controlled given how his vote switched to Arez at the end. Perhaps he votes in secret? It is very Spider-like to move in the shadows and weave plots within plots within plots. And there are other characters that I could think of that would act in secret. It is a game of treachery and deceit, after all.

Just so you know, I just got the memo that I needed to move to Arez just before catching up like 30 minutes ago.

no the Iron Throne has to be a player, we didn't hit the deadline, I think there was an hour left. Iron Throne thing would be more what was being described when someone tried to say that I was voting in secret, from my experience secret votes do not come with a name of the player, I would suspect the Iron Throne of being Varys, everything he did was "for the good of the realm" so he claimed.

That's possible Hoof, but EP has continuously said that the reason it happened is that he was asleep and wouldn't be back online before the deadline. If it was more a matter of EP not reading his inbox and thus not following the mod's orders, it would be one thing, but EP maintains that this is not the case, but that because it was a hammer vote (which it wasn't btw, Arez was at L-2, another huge slip right there, as only a double voter would consider L-2 to be a position to hammer), and he was asleep, the mod allowed the vote to be moved without EP posting.

If that really was the case, it would be a bastard mod decision. It would be comparable to a mafia team needing one member to get online to make an important vote before a deadline, but because that member is asleep the mod then allows the team to have the vote placed anyways. I know there have been plenty of times that I've been on a mafia team, and been very disappointed when a mod didn't notice a day action soon enough and a hammer was dropped before a vote could be manipulated somehow, even tho it was submitted far in advance. This would essentially boil down to the same concept.

This is kinda where I'm at now with this whole business. EP went out of his way to hint at being Vote Controlled when he switched his vote from Basel Gill to Jack. I found it hard to believe that EP would be so elaborate if he was faking it, but I found it equally interesting that Peacesells decoded his clues while I had no clue at all what he meant until then.

EP moving his vote off Jack and onto Arez sounds like a totally different situation. Less like a vote control and more specific to Jack moving a vote off him rather than EP being VC'd again. If the vote on Arez were done by the Mod instead of EP, then it doesn't seem fair if it were the same type of Vote Control. I contend that the latter (if any of this is even true) is a different sort of power altogether.

Which now has me questioning EP's original Vote Control. While lying doesn't necessarily make one scum, EP could have lied about moving his vote from Basel to Jack in an effort to cover for his fellow Starks.....but now he's revealed so......*shrug*

Melisandre being town as opposed to cult or scum opens this game up significantly. I would be willing to entertain that the Spider could even be town after that flip. But it does prove one thing. Nothing is for certain when playing the game of thrones.

This blew my mind. Razen could be hinting at his role here and being scum, might be trying to set the groundwork for revealing as Spider but maintaining that he is town. One thing is for certain, anyone could be scum and anyone could be town. Perhaps we aren't even dealing with a scum team per se, but my win condition leads me to believe that there are definitely regular townies....even if they could be at risk of being recruited.

I will say nothing more until day, just know if I die Despo is scum.

I was with you until this. What a WIFOM fart this is?! If Despo is town, then the scum will likely kill you and frame Despo. If Despo is scum, they will likely kill you and cry that Despo was framed. While I don't necessarily believe that Despo is town, I still think maybe he and Turin are Littlefinger & Spider respectively, doubting EP's claims doesn't make him scum automatically.

Personally, I believe that the whole EP vote control thing (fake or not) was an elaborate way to distract from Turin and Despo.

The Iron Throne thing is a completely different matter altogether. Is that Robert Baratheon?

I don't see Robert as the type of character that would be able to do that. He was a fat drunkard in the books and couldn't be sneaky or anonymous like that if his life depended on it.

Then again Melisandre flipped town so anything is possible right now.

but I found it equally interesting that Peacesells decoded his clues while I had no clue at all what he meant until then.

Pompous much? Like someone else can't pick up on something you missed? Mynd..I know you are arrogant and have a very high opinion of your own intellect but maybe you should heed a popular saying. "Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it."

Go back and read his vote control statement. Really, it was difficult for you to pick up?

That being said..the rest of your post was interesting.

Despo pushed EP pretty hard and EP flailed like a fish out of water..but there is one whole in Despo's theory. The MOD voted for EP. Not sure how he can state that EP did the voting himself. Maybe I'm not understanding and need Mynd to explain it to me.

Whoa! Peace you are taking that way too hard. I think you know a lot more about EP's vote control gambit than you would like us to know. For one, you were so eager to help him breadcrumb it out there, which to me smells like two scum working together.....but then again, EP is likely Ned Stark. So why the overreaction when I merely mention that Peace figured it out and I still couldn't? Is it that maybe you knew he was vote controlled because it was you who did it?

Whoa! Peace you are taking that way too hard. I think you know a lot more about EP's vote control gambit than you would like us to know. For one, you were so eager to help him breadcrumb it out there, which to me smells like two scum working together.....but then again, EP is likely Ned Stark. So why the overreaction when I merely mention that Peace figured it out and I still couldn't? Is it that maybe you knew he was vote controlled because it was you who did it?

lol..do you think you make sense?

lol..do you think you make sense?

Dude, you are being unnecessarily hostile on what was a minor note in my casing of the situation. This reeks of someone caught with his hand in the cookie jar. When you ask someone if they want a cookie and they shout "I DIDN'T STEAL THE COOKIES!!" when you didn't imply that they had been stolen, you have your cookie bandit. Children often accidentally confess their crimes when parents ask them simple and objective questions because the children already feel guilty of their crimes and are expecting the parents to catch them.

In your case, I had one line where I thought it was interesting and you made the bulk of your post over-reacting to it. You are being hostile and attempting to discredit me as a player in general, not specific to this game. Tell me how that is pro-town in any way? Sounds to me that we have our Vote Controller.

That being said you are being pompous. I'm calling you on it. You don't like it....well GFY.

And it wasn't one line. You mentioned it twice. 2 times you've thought yourself so much smarter than others that you couldn't possibly fathom someone else could get an OBVIOUS clue.

That being said you are being pompous. I'm calling you on it. You don't like it....well GFY.

I've been called much worse, most of it true. I'm not sure what town-oriented purpose your comment is intended. I am a pompous arrogant bastard. I'm also town. Your reaction is hostile and unnecessary, which is a huge scum tell...or at least leads me to believe you know a lot more about EP's Vote Control than you want us to know.

And it wasn't one line. You mentioned it twice. 2 times you've thought yourself so much smarter than others that you couldn't possibly fathom someone else could get an OBVIOUS clue.

If the intention here is to try to get a rise out of me, you'll have to do much better than that. I don't think I'm any smarter than anyone else, I may be wiser than some. ;)

Despo pushed EP pretty hard and EP flailed like a fish out of water..but there is one whole in Despo's theory. The MOD voted for EP. Not sure how he can state that EP did the voting himself. Maybe I'm not understanding and need Mynd to explain it to me.

EP did not formally unvote Jack and vote Arez in this thread, unlike when he voted for Jack after unvoting Basel Gill. EP confirmed that he received a message from the Mods regarding his vote change to Arez. This leads me to believe that the nature of each vote control are different.

The Throne vote vexes me further. Is it part of EP changing his vote or completely separate? Are we dealing with King Joffrey already? My PM made it sound like we aren't quite there yet, but then again, if EP is telling the truth about being Ned Stark then maybe Robert Baratheon is dead already, so the throne vote could be Joffrey and not Robert.

The most important thing to glean is that someone, or someones, wanted to ensure that Arez was lynched and not Turin, Jack, or Basel.

EP did not formally unvote Jack and vote Arez in this thread, unlike when he voted for Jack after unvoting Basel Gill. EP confirmed that he received a message from the Mods regarding his vote change to Arez. This leads me to believe that the nature of each vote control are different.

The Throne vote vexes me further. Is it part of EP changing his vote or completely separate? Are we dealing with King Joffrey already? My PM made it sound like we aren't quite there yet, but then again, if EP is telling the truth about being Ned Stark then maybe Robert Baratheon is dead already, so the throne vote could be Joffrey and not Robert.

The most important thing to glean is that someone, or someones, wanted to ensure that Arez was lynched and not Turin, Jack, or Basel.

And this is the part I stated was interesting..and some of it is why I think Desp is way off base.

Archived