DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it difficult to believe that EP was vote controlled given how his vote switched to Arez at the end. Perhaps he votes in secret? It is very Spider-like to move in the shadows and weave plots within plots within plots. And there are other characters that I could think of that would act in secret. It is a game of treachery and deceit, after all.

Melisandre being town as opposed to cult or scum opens this game up significantly. I would be willing to entertain that the Spider could even be town after that flip. But it does prove one thing. Nothing is for certain when playing the game of thrones.

That turned out to be a very interesting end to the day... Melisandre town, and VIG for that matter... well conjecture on that issue at this point is pretty much fruitless. I can see why Arez was reluctant to claim tho, revealing as Melisandre prob would've ensure his lynch came even faster.

One thing that crazy end DID do was completely confirm any doubts I had about EP. From the appearance of his vote at the end of Arez's train, as well as the flavoring from the lynch scene, it seems pretty likely that he's Joffrey at this point. Since Joffrey is King atm, I'd guess he can get the Iron Throne to vote with him when he votes in secret. The good news is that we can speed lynch him come morning. The other good news is that someone else who has a diff King type character (Robb, Stannis [and yeah I woulda thought Stannis was antitown before, but with Melis flipping town...], or possibly one of the other Lannister kids [which would suck]). The other good news is that we wouldn't have to hear EP post anymore :biggrin:

Oh and EP go ahead and NK me, it'll just confirm me come morning

This kinda stands the game on its head. Character reveals won't necessarily mean squat now, at least as the sole basis for alignment. That's the thing about Game of Thrones though, alignment is a matter of perspective. We are supposed to not like Stanis Baratheon, but in his eyes, anyone who opposed his rightful claim to the throne would be scum. In his mind, Rob Stark would be as scummy as a Lannister or Targeryan. Remember, this is classic GRRM.

Without dropping a huge spoiler, remember that what happened to Ned Stark's sister was a matter of perspective, and that's revealed in the first book. Ned and Robert saw things one way while Danerys saw things another in regards to Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark,

In regards to gameplay, I think that there could be multiple mafia factions out there, but name may not necessarily equate to alignment.

EP, are you my prince? or maybe my King?

I just had to catch up on ten pages from about 10-11 hours. I can't recall ever seeing a DM game move that much since I have been playing. Things I wonder about...

1. What is the deal with EP's vote switch after claiming vote control? If EP switched to Arez, without even posting a change in vote (!), then he was lying about being forced to vote Jack. Major FoS on EP right now. Massive scumslip here, if you are gonna fakeclaim being controlled, then don't blow the claim later on in the day.

2. The Iron Throne? Despo had floated the possibility that was EP's doing. It seems like a sound theory, but it needs more empirical evidence. If the throne votes with EP on D2, then I will believe it a lot better.

3. Mel is town? Well, maybe this is Westeros vs. wildlings, or Westeros vs. The Others. While the alignment throws me for a loop, the role doesn't. I can easily buy Mel as a Vig given her actions in ACOK and ASOS. (I won't go further into that for fear of making spoilers.)

4. Mynd, would you like a lemoncake? I had it narrowed down to two before, now I have it down to one.

ok fun times lets go with educating the masses.

except I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure you are mafia. if you are mafia you die tomorrow sir.

Wtf post????

If he is mafia he dies day 2

Woah wait, EPs on the end of that train. Wasnt he VCed on Jack?

did you see me change my vote? 4 am in the morning my time is it even likely for me to have been awake?

Wait.....the Iron Throne?! Why did I think that was a player?

Seriously, if you are at L2 or even L3, you might as well reveal no matter how weird it sounds. If Firecrotch is town, then ANYONE could be scum in this game.

And how did EP move to Arez? Wasn't he supposed to be Vote Controlled?

again look to the response above

I find it difficult to believe that EP was vote controlled given how his vote switched to Arez at the end. Perhaps he votes in secret? It is very Spider-like to move in the shadows and weave plots within plots within plots. And there are other characters that I could think of that would act in secret. It is a game of treachery and deceit, after all.

Melisandre being town as opposed to cult or scum opens this game up significantly. I would be willing to entertain that the Spider could even be town after that flip. But it does prove one thing. Nothing is for certain when playing the game of thrones.

awesome more parroting

That turned out to be a very interesting end to the day... Melisandre town, and VIG for that matter... well conjecture on that issue at this point is pretty much fruitless. I can see why Arez was reluctant to claim tho, revealing as Melisandre prob would've ensure his lynch came even faster.

One thing that crazy end DID do was completely confirm any doubts I had about EP. From the appearance of his vote at the end of Arez's train, as well as the flavoring from the lynch scene, it seems pretty likely that he's Joffrey at this point. Since Joffrey is King atm, I'd guess he can get the Iron Throne to vote with him when he votes in secret. The good news is that we can speed lynch him come morning. The other good news is that someone else who has a diff King type character (Robb, Stannis [and yeah I woulda thought Stannis was antitown before, but with Melis flipping town...], or possibly one of the other Lannister kids [which would suck]). The other good news is that we wouldn't have to hear EP post anymore :biggrin:

Oh and EP go ahead and NK me, it'll just confirm me come morning

never said night kill smart guy learn to read

This kinda stands the game on its head. Character reveals won't necessarily mean squat now, at least as the sole basis for alignment. That's the thing about Game of Thrones though, alignment is a matter of perspective. We are supposed to not like Stanis Baratheon, but in his eyes, anyone who opposed his rightful claim to the throne would be scum. In his mind, Rob Stark would be as scummy as a Lannister or Targeryan. Remember, this is classic GRRM.

Without dropping a huge spoiler, remember that what happened to Ned Stark's sister was a matter of perspective, and that's revealed in the first book. Ned and Robert saw things one way while Danerys saw things another in regards to Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark,

In regards to gameplay, I think that there could be multiple mafia factions out there, but name may not necessarily equate to alignment.

EP, are you my prince? or maybe my King?

way off your rocker sir, I gave you a hint with a picture earlier in the game, it just ended up in the wrong post

I just had to catch up on ten pages from about 10-11 hours. I can't recall ever seeing a DM game move that much since I have been playing. Things I wonder about...

1. What is the deal with EP's vote switch after claiming vote control? If EP switched to Arez, without even posting a change in vote (!), then he was lying about being forced to vote Jack. Major FoS on EP right now. Massive scumslip here, if you are gonna fakeclaim being controlled, then don't blow the claim later on in the day.

2. The Iron Throne? Despo had floated the possibility that was EP's doing. It seems like a sound theory, but it needs more empirical evidence. If the throne votes with EP on D2, then I will believe it a lot better.

3. Mel is town? Well, maybe this is Westeros vs. wildlings, or Westeros vs. The Others. While the alignment throws me for a loop, the role doesn't. I can easily buy Mel as a Vig given her actions in ACOK and ASOS. (I won't go further into that for fear of making spoilers.)

4. Mynd, would you like a lemoncake? I had it narrowed down to two before, now I have it down to one.

hmmm has no one ever seen where a stealer moves your vote and you have to comply? I want to look at a few of these people suggesting I moved my vote at 4am when I'm sleeping, hey whoever you are you showed your cards way to early or did you forget I was on the other side of the world?

And there's now way I'm believing that the mod let a vote controller switch your vote to EP without you logging on to do so. And I also won't come close to buying that you were targeted by both a vote controller AND a vote stealer today. Flail harder please, it's quite amusing

And there's now way I'm believing that the mod let a vote controller switch your vote to EP without you logging on to do so. And I also won't come close to buying that you were targeted by both a vote controller AND a vote stealer today. Flail harder please, it's quite amusing

since now I am able to talk about I was directed both times I had to vote a certain way, however due to time my second was placed for me, so reach farther.

EP ill be honest, no matter how you look at it it looks bad. Its not that far of a reach. You said you were VCed yet you were on the Arez train. Tell me how that doesnt look scummy? Ill admit it seems abit to perfect/well timed at the end, but its still suspicous. That combined with the Throne vote that leached on at the end with you well... Occams Razor. Whats the simplist answer to this problem?

I explained it already, by the time I had gotten the notification that I had to change it, it was already handled and night phase had already started. Whoever shose to control me screwed up in doing so because of my time differences, they outed their ability.

Do we really think EP went through all the trouble of faking a vote control just to slip up in such an OBVIOUS way by switching his vote there at the end? Really? I think he's better than that. (And sorry, if you really did slip up and that's insulting...) :wink:

I'm finding it more suspicious that some of us appear unwilling to let it go for more than a few minutes.

So EP, just to make it clear what you're saying: The person who could control your vote was able to change your vote to someone else WITHOUT you ever posting?

I call BS.

@Andrew: What's with the superheavy buddying up to EP? First you defend him, but then say that you're SORRY if your defense is wrong and he made a silly scumslip?! You're really going to apologize for something like that? :huh:

So EP, just to make it clear what you're saying: The person who could control your vote was able to change your vote to someone else WITHOUT you ever posting?

I call BS.

@Andrew: What's with the superheavy buddying up to EP? First you defend him, but then say that you're SORRY if your defense is wrong and he made a silly scumslip?! You're really going to apologize for something like that? :huh:

mods moved my vote, due to me not going to be on, you despo are scum pushing such an outlandish case every little BS thing you bring up digs you in your hole deeper.

Do we really think EP went through all the trouble of faking a vote control just to slip up in such an OBVIOUS way by switching his vote there at the end? Really? I think he's better than that. (And sorry, if you really did slip up and that's insulting...) :wink:

I'm finding it more suspicious that some of us appear unwilling to let it go for more than a few minutes.

I dunno. What if I'm wrong and he /isn't/ better than that, which my post implied? It does seem kind of insulting. XD I wasn't completely serious about it anyway.

Archived