DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it makes sense, I disagree. My character is town and described as town but it's not someone who I believe to be loyal to the realm or in any way on the same page as the Starks..

Without revealing your character, can you say if your character could have any kind of claim to the throne?

No I don't have any claim to the throne. I do have connection to someone who would but I've been displayed as town so I don't really understand the possibility of there being multiple factions contesting for the throne since I'm almost certain I would then have a direct alignment. My character wouldn't favour any other house than one but I'm still described as town-aligned. If it's the case that we're actually on different sides but all our coroner reports show up as one the same side then that would be just a serious mind-f***.

Yeah. Ive seen something similar. Just alittle bit ago Kathleen I think ran a game where there was no mafia, just a SK role that rotated upon death of the SK. Twas very odd. Not saying thats the case here, just that crazy things have been done before.

A character like Bran Stark would likely be town but loyal to the Starks. A character like Tyrion could be town but loyal to the Lannisters. Bronn would likely be a mercenary of some kind, loyal to no one and more of a survivor. A character like Danerys could be town but also trying to claim the Iron Throne.

But the Starks definitely did not want a Targaryen on the throne so how does that work? I'm not sure I follow the loyalty factor.. You guys clearly don't know who else is here is a Stark (if you are a Stark) so what are you thinking the differences would it make if you were town and loyal or just town?

I think it is a bunch of solo folks that are vying for the throne, with the rest of us poor slobs caught in the middle. So the question is: Do we try and kill who is King now? Or do we go after the people who want to take out the King? What is more useful?

Dunno... Pick a king and go with it? I say we keep on with lynching who we think is scum. If there are scum then we will find them, if there arent any then we are getting rid of the "worst" of us. I use that word because of my failure to think of another better one.

While it makes sense, I disagree. My character is town and described as town but it's not someone who I believe to be loyal to the realm or in any way on the same page as the Starks..

I find this an interesting statement. In general, this makes character claims almost pointless, because any character can apparently be town.

However, I have reason to believe we are dealing with town and mafia, not town against town.

People who want to be king:

Joffrey

Stannis

Robb (King in the North)

Danaerys

Littlefinger?

Renly

I wouldn't put it past the Mods to be that devious!

Oh Tink, don't kill Joffrey, I LOVE him....yeah, that's the ticket.....I don't want my poor Joffrey to die. *rolls eyes*

If this was a game of thrones, it would have a ton of pawns and a few kings and queens. I'm starting to feel like a pawn.

Dunno... Pick a king and go with it? I say we keep on with lynching who we think is scum. If there are scum then we will find them, if there arent any then we are getting rid of the "worst" of us. I use that word because of my failure to think of another better one.

Fair enough. Sounds like a plan. It is all speculation anyway but figuring out if the setup is unique or not helps us to determine the scum's motivation and who they are going after.

I find this an interesting statement. In general, this makes character claims almost pointless, because any character can apparently be town.

However, I have reason to believe we are dealing with town and mafia, not town against town.

Joffrey

Stannis

Robb (King in the North)

Danaerys

Littlefinger?

Renly

Well, we know Robb was town. And he wasn't actually going for the Iron Throne which seems to be the big macguffin here. Would we be amiss to call for a mass claim this game then?

Joffrey

Stannis

Robb (King in the North)

Danaerys

Littlefinger?

Renly

Would Littlefinger be going for the throne? I always thought we was just going to try and profit no matter who took the throne. Kinda like hedging your bets you know? The rest are easy claimants for the throne though.

Whereas Varys wouldn't take it for anything. If Varys is in this game, I'd bet he's something really nasty, like an SK, or a Bomb or something.

Actually, I'd think Littlefinger to be more of a bastard where Varys has stated many times in the series that he is for what is best for the realm.

I'm just rambling and speculating, trying to give my thoughts regarding BG's question.

Kae's list is pretty good, but I don't know if I'd consider Robb Stark to be on the same page as the others, given that he only aspired to be King in the North, not King of Westeros. I think that the people wanting to sit the Iron Throne would be the ones to look at personally. So that would leave Stannis, Renly, Daenerys, and Joffrey. And since we don't even know who the king is currently, I'm including Robert on that list.

So my list is:

Robert

Joffrey

Stannis

Renly

Daenerys

If Robert's still the king, I'd say we should probably be trying to protect him, given that the Lannisters want him out so that their brat can take the throne and because Daenerys is plotting her revenge against the kingdoms of Westeros. And his brothers weren't plotting against him - they only wanted the throne after he died.

However, if it takes place after Robert's death, it could essentially be what BG said was a bunch of solos gunning for the throne with the rest of us stuck in the middle.

However, I'm wondering if there's factions or not, as each of the claimants could feasibly have a faction. The Lannisters back Joffrey, the Tyrells back Renly, Stannis has the Red Woman (who we know was Arez) and some of the lords of the Narrow Sea sworn to Dragonstone, and Daenerys has Khal Drogo and those back in Westeros that want a Targaryen back on the throne.

The hitching block here is that Stannis didn't have any real support at the beginning of his claim - as all of the Tyrells and the banners sworn to Storm's End pledged to Renly. So that could mean that he didn't have a faction - Arez's flip seems to support this. And then we'd have three positioned factions - Lannister, Tyrell & Renly, and Targaryen. Which to me, would signal that Starks and Tullys would be town - which the Stark part is supported by a flip. That category would include people like Loony Lysa and her son (Arryns by name, but Tullys through birth). I think people like Littlefinger or Varys would be out for themselves, a possible SK role or something - as Littlefinger would do anything to win and Varys to support the King, whomever it may be.

Whereas Varys wouldn't take it for anything. If Varys is in this game, I'd bet he's something really nasty, like an SK, or a Bomb or something.

Actually, I'd think Littlefinger to be more of a bastard where Varys has stated many times in the series that he is for what is best for the realm.

Littlefinger is one creepy bastard all right. Maybe even a pedo. But Varys, being a eunuch and a spy...maybe he's a symp for someone?

Joffrey

Stannis

Robb (King in the North)

Danaerys

Littlefinger?

Renly

Exactly why I said before twice I think that we shouldn't put trust in character claims and instead focus on gameplay.

Official Vote Count:

Despo (3): EP, Mynd, BG

EP (4): Despo, Andrew, Blackhoof

Kudaran Dragon Blooded (1): TinaHel

Mynd (2): Arez, Peace

Tina (1): Razen

Not voting (10): Alanna, Jack, Kae, Kudaran, Len, Rand, Tinker, TMD, Tress, Turin

Here is a countdown timer until night:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20120701T23&p0=745&msg=Night

This is what I meant by being like Tinker. I don't think there are a bunch of solo wins. Maybe a few dual wins is possible though. Something like 3 2 player teams? If that is the case then their NK would rotate like Soy's game, there's goes the neighborhood.

Now..if there are a bunch of solo wins and ignorant town in this game...I have to say, hat's off to Darthe cause that would be a very cool set up.

This is what I meant by being like Tinker. I don't think there are a bunch of solo wins. Maybe a few dual wins is possible though. Something like 3 2 player teams? If that is the case then their NK would rotate like Soy's game, there's goes the neighborhood.

Now..if there are a bunch of solo wins and ignorant town in this game...I have to say, hat's off to Darthe cause that would be a very cool set up.

If I were setting up this game, that's how I would have it. A bunch of pawns with five or six leads who win if they eliminate other rivals. The only thing is what would be considered a threat to the town? If everyone is town, who would be a threat?

Archived