DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

So we are revealing now are we? Just confirm that for me Mynd and I'll go along with it.

I hesitate to flat out encourage an all out reveal for the very concern Basel Gill brings up, although his motivation for doing so is that he himself is Sith and worries that he will be cornered once we all come forward. There are pros and cons to mass reveals and I can already hear Verbal's voice in my head as I suggest this.

On one hand, if we all reveal and quickly, it won't give the scum enough time to fake reveal and we can corner them. The Star Wars canon is one that is pretty clear on who is light and who is dark, with Anakin being the only exception. One would have a hard time arguing that Yoda is Sith or that Palpatine is good.

On the other hand, it exposes players who we may have needed to protect, such as Amidalia or our healer. Plus, mass reveals take a lot of the fun out of a game like this...unless you bluff Sparkplug when you are Starscream! That was epic! *pats self on back*

Still, the flaw in Basel Gill's argument is that once we know who the remaining mafia are, night kills become an annoyance during an otherwise guaranteed victory. At that point, who cares who the mafia kill since they all will be lynched eventually. Victory is assured at that point AND if a vulnerable player is revealed, they can also be protected by our healer. Nothing like tossing a bit of WIFOM back at the mafia in cases like these.

Finally, Arez al'Slopoke sounds like a Bitter Betty. Scum attempt to discredit scum-hunters and attack the person, calling them useless without providing anything helpful of their own. He claimed Jedi but now is nervous because if we do mass reveal, he will have to scour Wookipedia to find a reasonable yet lesser known Jedi to bluff.

So yeah, Len....I'd say in your case, since you are one of our potential lynches, you may as well reveal. I think with that, we can reach a pretty good consensus on who to lynch today.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit sleep deprived so please bare with me on this but how did we confirm Mynd as jedi again?

I vetted Eternal Phoenix as Jedi, therefore in turn, vetting me. Jedi all have the same three one shot powers. EP came forward with them, and I confirmed that I had the same, which has been consistent with each Jedi. Plus, I did kinda lead the lynch on Kate, which doesn't completely vet me but I wouldn't have done so if I was scum.

"calling them useless without providing anything helpful of their own."

Now that was plain hurtfull Mynd.. I'm just not of the same mind when it comes to scum hunting.

And there you go again, just accusing anyone and everyone =P I'll mass reveal if you want, I have yett to experiance the downsides. Although I think we both know that the activity level is not high enough for us to "surprise" the scum as you stated =P

I find myself believing Roo's claim. I'm undecided as of now about Len. i'm pretty convinced that Basel is scum.

Mersh I think just got flustered when we prodded him hard. Could be that he was just facing heavy fire and panicked. We can always revisit him if necessary, but I think we can overlook him today unless more comes to light.

I find myself believing Roo's claim. I'm undecided as of now about Len. i'm pretty convinced that Basel is scum.

Mersh I think just got flustered when we prodded him hard. Could be that he was just facing heavy fire and panicked. We can always revisit him if necessary, but I think we can overlook him today unless more comes to light.

That's all true except one thing: It's spelled "Marsh."

Oooh this is getting very fun indeed :biggrin: I am finding myself to agree more and more with you guys about Basel…not voting just yet tho, I wanna see what he says :baalzamon:

Yes they would have thrown her under the bus cause she is new. To help her team and knowing Nyanna I think she would have gone along with it to if it meant saving others on her team and getting closer to winning the game for the scum.

Oh my, what an honorable rep I have! :laugh:

*pokes fellow townies* Do I role reveal as well? :biggrin:

Current Vote Count

Basel - 4 (Ishy, Razen, Basel, Len)

Len - 2 (Turin, Wombat)

Roo - 1 (Basel)

Not Voting - 10 (Dice, EP, Ron, Key, Mynd, Nya, Pale, Loke, Roo, Tress)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday 2nd May at 10pm GMT

Handy countdown timer

http://www.timeandda...=0&sec=0&p0=136

Oooh this is getting very fun indeed :biggrin: I am finding myself to agree more and more with you guys about Basel…not voting just yet tho, I wanna see what he says :baalzamon:

Yes they would have thrown her under the bus cause she is new. To help her team and knowing Nyanna I think she would have gone along with it to if it meant saving others on her team and getting closer to winning the game for the scum.

I think it'd be best for you to wait. WoT coming up shortly.

Yeah, I'd like to hear his side as well. Reveal if you feel like it. If you're a Jedi, go right ahead. If not, wait.

I am most likely going to be killed for this one way or another, so I will make it as good as I can in hopes to try to stop this before it goes too far. I was going to try to hold off on this for one more day in order to get more proof if possible, but I have a strong feeling the Sith team is very close to winning this game and I may not have time to do that.

I wonder from seeing Ithi's ad poster if Vader has something to do with specific win conditions

blacktoweradvertsithmafia1.gif

EP, you're most likely correct. My strong hunch is that the quickest way for the Sith to win is for Lord Vader to rise - and I think we may only be one step away from that at this stage.

I think it's pretty clear by now that Ishy's all but outright confirmed his character is Anakin Skywalker, which means he's a significant danger to the town here if the conditions are met for him to be converted to Sith.

The first condition I'm pretty sure has been met - Ishy was very adamant about being the one to hammer Kate, who turned out to be Count Dooku.

You know it just hit me why you'd want to hammer kate being she was dooku (meta!)

The second condition I expect they're trying to fulfill is to identify and kill Amidala.

Here's where I put my life on the line.

Mynd has been very aggressive, especially in night phase, about trying to get people to reveal. Much of what he has done N2 and so far D3 reads to me like fishing for Amidala to be outed.

Yes well the conclusion it's reached is in my eyes definitely NOT mafia.

Hmmm I can't really say as I'm unsure...if Ironeyes is really what he says, well thats good for Amidala. I don't think Keyho is Miss Portman however, and that makes me suspect her, but again not on any grounds as I dont believe she was hinting that she was. And yet you jumped on a statement she made and elaborated on it to make her look like Amidala.

Which makes me eye YOU in quite a doubtful way.

Read that exchange again. Kate stopped dead in her tracks when Ironeyes claimed his character and win condition, which isn't exactly pro-town. To me, that was a huge tell that she was likely her.

Any mafia team worth their salt would have read the same thing. I don't believe in half-claims. You don't know who is gonna read it and who isn't. It should be pretty apparent that I am Jedi, which also factors in Kate's lynch.

He even brought up in this post that Amidala needs to be protected:

So we are revealing now are we? Just confirm that for me Mynd and I'll go along with it.

I hesitate to flat out encourage an all out reveal for the very concern Basel Gill brings up, although his motivation for doing so is that he himself is Sith and worries that he will be cornered once we all come forward. There are pros and cons to mass reveals and I can already hear Verbal's voice in my head as I suggest this.

On one hand, if we all reveal and quickly, it won't give the scum enough time to fake reveal and we can corner them. The Star Wars canon is one that is pretty clear on who is light and who is dark, with Anakin being the only exception. One would have a hard time arguing that Yoda is Sith or that Palpatine is good.

On the other hand, it exposes players who we may have needed to protect, such as Amidalia or our healer. Plus, mass reveals take a lot of the fun out of a game like this...unless you bluff Sparkplug when you are Starscream! That was epic! *pats self on back*

Still, the flaw in Basel Gill's argument is that once we know who the remaining mafia are, night kills become an annoyance during an otherwise guaranteed victory. At that point, who cares who the mafia kill since they all will be lynched eventually. Victory is assured at that point AND if a vulnerable player is revealed, they can also be protected by our healer. Nothing like tossing a bit of WIFOM back at the mafia in cases like these.

Finally, Arez al'Slopoke sounds like a Bitter Betty. Scum attempt to discredit scum-hunters and attack the person, calling them useless without providing anything helpful of their own. He claimed Jedi but now is nervous because if we do mass reveal, he will have to scour Wookipedia to find a reasonable yet lesser known Jedi to bluff.

So yeah, Len....I'd say in your case, since you are one of our potential lynches, you may as well reveal. I think with that, we can reach a pretty good consensus on who to lynch today.

But here's where the logic doesn't make sense. If everyone reveals and Amidala and the healer are outed, the mafia can just kill the healer and remove Amidala's protection.

Good question posed by Darthe earlier...

I am a bit sleep deprived so please bare with me on this but how did we confirm Mynd as jedi again?

I vetted Eternal Phoenix as Jedi, therefore in turn, vetting me. Jedi all have the same three one shot powers. EP came forward with them, and I confirmed that I had the same, which has been consistent with each Jedi. Plus, I did kinda lead the lynch on Kate, which doesn't completely vet me but I wouldn't have done so if I was scum.

You confirming you had the same powers as EP after he was pretty much forced to reveal them means nothing. I also don't think EP necessarily thinks you were vetted by this as much as you think he does. Your little antics in the CYoR game pretending you forgot which game you were posting in strike me as quite intentional to try to get EP on your side, setting up for your play here.

Ithi IS a creative mod, yes. So why do none of you consider that the Sith are just as likely to have the same sort of abilities? Things have to be equal in the Force.

Mynd pinged first, then very closely tied himself to EP. I agree that that seems a stupid move if they're both mafia, but I'm willing to lynch one of them to test the theory as I know for certain Mynd is ballsy enough to try and pull something like that.

You all are quite silly...

I have had the same powers EP does, Mynd purports to have, Key claims to have... who else... *too lazy to go back and check*

To think that such powers would only have been given to Jedi is blatantly ignoring the theme of Star Wars.

Mynd - if your abilities are like that of EP - they are powers of the Force...the Force isn't necessarily good.

Sith and Jedi both share a lot of the same powers, that really doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm quoting from a proven scum. She was pushing quite hard to try to make a case against Mynd as she went down, wasn't she?

Mynd - if your abilities are like that of EP - they are powers of the Force...the Force isn't necessarily good.

My result from last night was you. So, either you killed Sakaea or there is a redirector somewhere. Either way, there are two "enemy" forces against the town.

There is a player in this game that will be able to verify that everything I've said of my abilities is true.

Palpatine I'm guessing.

And as you're trying your hardest to implicate Mynd, that vets him in my book.

Perhaps that was the point.

But of course Mynd did lead her lynch, as he reminded us above. Stating you wouldn't have done that if you were scum, however, again, means nothing. Frankly, the whole of Day 2 reeks of a scum gambit to me, sacrificing Kate to vet Mynd and ensure that Anakin was able to be the hammer on Count Dooku to set the mafia up for a quick win.

I'm going to borrow a quote from another game, because I'm not the only player who believes you are quite capable of this kind of thing:

In my experience as scum, unless I'm certain I'm going to win, I tend to hang back and let the townies choose who to lynch. Then I join in the middle providing *sufficient* reason. Mainly it's super crafty scum like Mynd, Red, Lily, Kivam, etc. who tend to lend/push lynches on someone.

... to be continued ...

... continued from previous WoT ...

Funny thing is, N2 Mynd and Ishy both had decided I was in their top 3 suspect lists:

I think I should do a full re-read tomorrow.

Another blip on my Sith radar. Anyone who announces that a re-read is in order after the death of a rather obvious Sith Scummie is high on my list. Songstress is there with Basel and Roo.

Tress and Basel head my list too.

Does anyone not read my posts? I was asking about Commander Cody and the clones turning on us pages ago!

I find it interesting that if Ishy is indeed Anakin, that he made sure he was the hammer for Dooku.

Songstress, Basel, and Roo remain at the top of my list.

But as of here...

Ironeyes, what do you mean "you all"?

You, Mynd, Ishy, and Wombat are the Mafia. And why would I know he's "referencing a past game" I didn't play in?

1) That I sincerely doubt.

2) Because he actually referred to it first here:

I love when scum fake claim the most obscure character they can find. I once claimed Sparkplug in a Transformers game when I was really Starscream! Almost got away with it too....until I was ratted out by Bumblebee!

... when indicated I sincerely doubted Mynd, Ishy and Wombat were the scum team, suddenly ALL the heat is off of me. Mynd is all over everyone else today demanding they answer questions about who they want to lynch and pushing other people to reveal, but he's mentioned me only once in all of his interrogations today, in the list of people who were not on Kate's lynch but who have been active in the game.

Why not question me and push me to reveal? Because it might just put me back on his case after D2 had thrown me off of it?

I admit, I could completely be on the wrong track here. I'm willing to look like an idiot if it saves the town in this game. I would offer to reveal here and now except that I think too many people already have, and they're effectively narrowing the field for the scum to find and pick off Amidala. If everyone thinks I'm completely off base, fine, make your argument to dissuade me. Just watch out for a quick scum backlash on me if I'm anywhere near on target.

Vote Mynd.

Archived