DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea what the Sith win condition is other than to assume that it is in keeping with the typical mafia gameplay. I was the first to bring up the possibility that Anakin could be recruited, but that seems like a pretty unbalanced win condition. Palpatine and Vader didn't automatically win Star Wars by simply converting Anakin, so I think that at worst, Anakin is a recruitable player. Ishy swears he is unrecruitable.....believing him is debatable.

You guys are grasping at straws - but I am content that you are grasping at them together.

vote Basel Gill

This all started when Basel felt threatened. I think we are on to something.

Also, right now, I'm calling Mynd out for saying that he was against a mass reveal when he was clearly nudging it. Regardless of the implications of mass reveal (I am currently undecided on those), I find misleading, self-serving false characterizations to be scummy.

One thing that the Sith have not counted on. A blaster works just as good on Sith as it does on our fallen Jedi comrades. Should I be struck down right here, right now, by an assassins blast, then my coroner report would reveal that I have been telling the truth - proving that this last gasp by the Sith is nothing more than a hairball. We would still have a Sith lynched this day, and our third party player would be that much closer to his/her solo-win condition.

Third party assassin......I am ready to die.

As do I. And it's very interesting to note who came out firing the hardest once Basel started catching some heat. Some I had a much different read on prior to today. Some, they just cemented my read.

vote Basel Gill

I just love the way you twist the facts to fit your own scum agenda here, Mynd. I have never felt threatened, nor have I ever said anything to imply that I felt threatened. If I die, I am fully confident that town can use my flip to find you guilty of Sith membership.

Also, right now, I'm calling Mynd out for saying that he was against a mass reveal when he was clearly nudging it. Regardless of the implications of mass reveal (I am currently undecided on those), I find misleading, self-serving false characterizations to be scummy.

If you say scummy enough times maybe people will believe it? Is that your tactic?

I think that this ice cream is scummy false and soft-serving, misleading, and scummy. Let's lynch it.

Honestly, I used to be 100% on mass reveals. I've cooled on it though because when I have Modded, it's taken a lot of the fun out of the game. Take JLM's Goonies game - its kinda hard to argue that Mama Fertelli is a good guy, as much as it is to say that Chunk and his Truffle Shuffle are mafia. When they mass revealed in that game, the mafia had no chance. I'm not as gung-ho about mass reveals as I used to be, but like I said before, if we do it fast enough, we can corner the mafia.

Now, please answer me this: How could I have known (not guessed but KNOWN) that Eternal Phoenix was a Jedi based on his powers AND then deduce that all Jedi have the same powers if I was not a Jedi myself? This is not WIFOM. This is a simple question.

You never know anything in mafia so your argument that I have not met some impossible burden of proof is specious.

There are certainties in mafia, despite what some would have you believe. All games aim to be balanced. In a game modded by Ithi with DPR in the advisor's seat, it is safe to say that this game is well balanced. When EP revealed his abilities, they were not kinda similar to mine, they were near exact. This is what I used to vet him, and what I used as part of the basis for our lynch of Kate. How can you agree with Kate's lynch and then turn and say that I made it up? Kate flipped scum.

You never know anything in mafia so your argument that I have not met some impossible burden of proof is specious.

There are certainties in mafia, despite what some would have you believe. All games aim to be balanced. In a game modded by Ithi with DPR in the advisor's seat, it is safe to say that this game is well balanced. When EP revealed his abilities, they were not kinda similar to mine, they were near exact. This is what I used to vet him, and what I used as part of the basis for our lynch of Kate. How can you agree with Kate's lynch and then turn and say that I made it up? Kate flipped scum.

I wasn't completely sold on the Kate lynch at the time that I voted (this was before Ishy came in with his thing), but the downside was pretty low and a lot of other people were sold, so I went with it. Turns out the lynch was a good one. Kate flipping scum proves nothing with regards to your argument.

There are two stories before you.

One is mine. I am Kat-Madi-Conehead, a Jedi with powers exactly like that of EP and other Jedi, which we have used to vet each other in this game. I was the first to bring up this vetting process, much to the dismay of our enemies. I used this plus the rule of bandwagons to push for Kate's lynch, which resulted in a scum death. I pushed for a Jedi reveal today, which resulted in massive backlash from those who refuse to reveal.

The other claims (if I have it correctly) that I am scum orchestrating the Rube Goldberg of mafia gambits in order to achieve victory. They would have you believe that, after three Jedi deaths before Day 2, I chose to lynch one of my own scum teammates. After multiple players bought by fake claim to be Jedi based on knowledge that only a Jedi would have been able to glean, I suddenly decided to FURTHER convince them of my Jedi-ship by leading a lynch against Kate, who resisted me at every turn. I then pushed for a mass reveal, which puts my own scum teammates on the defensive, for the sole purpose of figuring out who Natalie Portman is so we can kill her and let Darth Vader rise. It wasn't until the heroic Songstress swooped in to save the day with the casing that she has been working on since Day 1, but Kate's lynch distracted her from calling me out on it. Good thing she was there to save Basel Gill before we lynched him.

Which makes more sense? Which sounds more like the truth?

There are two stories before you.

One is mine. I am Kat-Madi-Conehead, a Jedi with powers exactly like that of EP and other Jedi, which we have used to vet each other in this game. I was the first to bring up this vetting process, much to the dismay of our enemies. I used this plus the rule of bandwagons to push for Kate's lynch, which resulted in a scum death. I pushed for a Jedi reveal today, which resulted in massive backlash from those who refuse to reveal.

The other claims (if I have it correctly) that I am scum orchestrating the Rube Goldberg of mafia gambits in order to achieve victory. They would have you believe that, after three Jedi deaths before Day 2, I chose to lynch one of my own scum teammates. After multiple players bought by fake claim to be Jedi based on knowledge that only a Jedi would have been able to glean, I suddenly decided to FURTHER convince them of my Jedi-ship by leading a lynch against Kate, who resisted me at every turn. I then pushed for a mass reveal, which puts my own scum teammates on the defensive, for the sole purpose of figuring out who Natalie Portman is so we can kill her and let Darth Vader rise. It wasn't until the heroic Songstress swooped in to save the day with the casing that she has been working on since Day 1, but Kate's lynch distracted her from calling me out on it. Good thing she was there to save Basel Gill before we lynched him.

Which makes more sense? Which sounds more like the truth?

Mynd, since I have been playing Mafia you put together Rube Goldberg schemes on a regular basis, and this isn't even counting what I have gleaned from other people's postings about your reputation, or the old games I have read from before I played, so you don't have much solid ground to stand on by calling this improbable.

And more evasion, you still have yet to address how you get me "feeling threatened".

I wasn't completely sold on the Kate lynch at the time that I voted (this was before Ishy came in with his thing), but the downside was pretty low and a lot of other people were sold, so I went with it. Turns out the lynch was a good one. Kate flipping scum proves nothing with regards to your argument.

You're killing me Womby. If you are town, you're gonna really feel embarrassed for drinking the Kool-aid. I have very little respect for those who are too emotionally invested in their opinions to consider anything else. Please don't be on that list.

As I stated on Day 2 when I voted to lynch Kate, I had reason to believe that Mynd and EP were telling the truth. Now, on Day 3, I find it interesting that Songstress, after remaining quiet on the Kate lynch, comes out guns firing against Mynd. And that Basel and Wombat leap to this train of attack. Their bloodlust is not the Jedi way.

Basel, you were at four votes at the time of Mynd saying that you were feeling threatened. You are now at five. I would consider that threatened, considering that it takes 9 to lynch. And considering that you are at more than halfway to a lynch, wouldn't the scum team have tried to swoop in and put your train closer to lynch if you were town?

And more evasion, you still have yet to address how you get me "feeling threatened".

You were the one everyone was saying they would like to lynch and when I replied with "Im not ready to go after Basel yet, but when I do its gonna be fun" that's when Songstress swooped in to save the day. You have no choice but to vote with her because at the time you had 4 votes already, and I hadn't even voted yet.

My powers are exactly the same as those claimed by EP, Mynd, and Ishy. Not mod-confirmed. But I find it hard to believe that three other people that have the same exact powers that I do can be lying.

Not to mention, Mynd and EP aren't the only ones with not just similar abilities, but the exact same ones. You lot are barking up the wrong tree here.

You realize he just said they were "near exact", not exact, right? And Kate's wording when she was lynched was that she had the same powers as EP and Mynd claimed.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree here, then so be it. Mynd still refuses to address points that I have made and is trying to discredit me... My suspicion is that he knows voting me would make my case look stronger, so he's just accusing me of casing him to defend Basel.

I have no idea how Basel is going to flip, although I have my suspicions, which could turn out to be entirely wrong. If Basel is indeed today's lynch and I am wrong about him, then I'm fully willing to admit I was completely off base and move on with the game. My case on Mynd has absolutely zero do to with Basel, regardless of whether he agrees with it or not.

I would like to hear from Key and EP on their opinions as they are the two that would sway me the most right now. If they agree that Mynd is telling the truth here and I'm an idiot for suspecting him, then I am surely an idiot and I'll apologize profusely to Mynd.

In the meantime, however, I would highly suggest that anyone who is not about to be lynched avoid revealing and making this game easier on the mafia.

Despite this:

I still don't see the whole doom and gloom over Amadalia in particular. Obviously, losing any town-allied role is bad, but why is her's so much worse than any other? You're all assuming that she's Doc or has some role to play in my recruitment. I've already addressed the latter, it's a non-factor, and I still believe if anyone is the doc,it's Artoo. When did Natalie P. ever exhibit even the slightest medical tendencies in the movies? I certainly never saw any.

You're all calling Mynd out for trying to draw out Amadalia, but so what? If anything Amadalia is vanilla, because I sure as hell can't see any role she would fit into. If you think Mynd is scum, find and dandy, make your case. But if you saying he's trying to draw out this super town power role, then I'm calling bullshit. If Amadalia is even in the game, no way does she have a role.

Mynd seemed to be sure Amidala needs protecting here

So we are revealing now are we? Just confirm that for me Mynd and I'll go along with it.

I hesitate to flat out encourage an all out reveal for the very concern Basel Gill brings up, although his motivation for doing so is that he himself is Sith and worries that he will be cornered once we all come forward. There are pros and cons to mass reveals and I can already hear Verbal's voice in my head as I suggest this.

On one hand, if we all reveal and quickly, it won't give the scum enough time to fake reveal and we can corner them. The Star Wars canon is one that is pretty clear on who is light and who is dark, with Anakin being the only exception. One would have a hard time arguing that Yoda is Sith or that Palpatine is good.

On the other hand, it exposes players who we may have needed to protect, such as Amidalia or our healer. Plus, mass reveals take a lot of the fun out of a game like this...unless you bluff Sparkplug when you are Starscream! That was epic! *pats self on back*

Still, the flaw in Basel Gill's argument is that once we know who the remaining mafia are, night kills become an annoyance during an otherwise guaranteed victory. At that point, who cares who the mafia kill since they all will be lynched eventually. Victory is assured at that point AND if a vulnerable player is revealed, they can also be protected by our healer. Nothing like tossing a bit of WIFOM back at the mafia in cases like these.

Finally, Arez al'Slopoke sounds like a Bitter Betty. Scum attempt to discredit scum-hunters and attack the person, calling them useless without providing anything helpful of their own. He claimed Jedi but now is nervous because if we do mass reveal, he will have to scour Wookipedia to find a reasonable yet lesser known Jedi to bluff.

So yeah, Len....I'd say in your case, since you are one of our potential lynches, you may as well reveal. I think with that, we can reach a pretty good consensus on who to lynch today.

... in the same post he uses to assure us he was against a mass reveal.

My powers are exactly the same as those claimed by EP, Mynd, and Ishy. Not mod-confirmed. But I find it hard to believe that three other people that have the same exact powers that I do can be lying.

Do you know that they have all of those exact powers and no more, or just that they have one of them?

And Kate's wording when she was lynched was that she had the same powers as EP and Mynd claimed.

But there's one mitigating factor you're overlooking. Kate was scum. She threw around every WIFOM in the book before she went out to create this very situation. I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue. If you're willing to case people based on the statements of a proven scum, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I know that mine match exactly with EP's claimed powers. So for his, I can 100% without a doubt say yes with the information I have. Mynd and Ishy have also claimed the exact same powers as EP, so I see no reason to disbelieve them.

Archived