DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

As I stated on Day 2 when I voted to lynch Kate, I had reason to believe that Mynd and EP were telling the truth. Now, on Day 3, I find it interesting that Songstress, after remaining quiet on the Kate lynch, comes out guns firing against Mynd. And that Basel and Wombat leap to this train of attack. Their bloodlust is not the Jedi way.

Basel, you were at four votes at the time of Mynd saying that you were feeling threatened. You are now at five. I would consider that threatened, considering that it takes 9 to lynch. And considering that you are at more than halfway to a lynch, wouldn't the scum team have tried to swoop in and put your train closer to lynch if you were town?

Razen... Green: Jedi wish to keep the peace and make sure that justice is done. If killing someone is what that requires, then so be it. Why do you think that an order which disdains bloodlust is made up of supremely skilled fighters? Mynd is Sith, and the Sith represent a threat to the peace and justice of the galaxy.

Blue: My question was not whether I was threatened but whether I felt threatened. I don't see anything in my posts indicating this. If I seemed aggressive in my pursuit of Mynd, it is because I feel that I have found scum and wish to see the right thing done.

And more evasion, you still have yet to address how you get me "feeling threatened".

You were the one everyone was saying they would like to lynch and when I replied with "Im not ready to go after Basel yet, but when I do its gonna be fun" that's when Songstress swooped in to save the day. You have no choice but to vote with her because at the time you had 4 votes already, and I hadn't even voted yet.

So you are basing your opinion of my feelings upon Tress's postings? You are going by one person's case to determine the thoughts of someone totally different? I voted with her because I consider you to be mafia, and you seem to have the most viable train out of anyone I currently suspect. It doesn't matter how many votes I have on myself, since I know my own death will just help get you lynched the next day.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that mine match exactly with EP's claimed powers. So for his, I can 100% without a doubt say yes with the information I have. Mynd and Ishy have also claimed the exact same powers as EP, so I see no reason to disbelieve them.

I don't care about anyone's claimed powers. I care about actual, vettable powers.

Also, I'm buying Mynd's most telling defense. We lost three Jedi in a day and a half. There's no way in hell that the scum team would have felt the need to sacrifice one of their own. Not at that point on Day Two. They were winning. And winning big. Why in God's name would they have panicked at that point and felt the need to run an elaborate gambit designed to vet themselves by sacrificing Kate? It makes no sense.Kate's lynch was nothing more than a combination of her slipping up, and Mynd (mostly) calling her on it. Face facts.

And Kate's wording when she was lynched was that she had the same powers as EP and Mynd claimed.

But there's one mitigating factor you're overlooking. Kate was scum. She threw around every WIFOM in the book before she went out to create this very situation. I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue. If you're willing to case people based on the statements of a proven scum, then I don't know what else to tell you.

That's a good point... I think that Kate's dying comments were meant to inspire this very confusion. Disorder is the way of the Sith. I would advise people to discount anything she said.

However- Songstress has made some very good points, and Mynd has yet to answer some of them.

Also, I'm buying Mynd's most telling defense. We lost three Jedi in a day and a half. There's no way in hell that the scum team would have felt the need to sacrifice one of their own. Not at that point on Day Two. They were winning. And winning big. Why in God's name would they have panicked at that point and felt the need to run an elaborate gambit designed to vet themselves by sacrificing Kate? It makes no sense.Kate's lynch was nothing more than a combination of her slipping up, and Mynd (mostly) calling her on it. Face facts.

I also agree with this. Kate's death was probably a huge blow to the Sith right when they were having a good streak.

I know that mine match exactly with EP's claimed powers. So for his, I can 100% without a doubt say yes with the information I have. Mynd and Ishy have also claimed the exact same powers as EP, so I see no reason to disbelieve them.

I don't care about anyone's claimed powers. I care about actual, vettable powers.

And how do you propose we vet our powers? Shall the four of us waste the next four days utilizing them? It wouldn't make sense to use them unless a situation arose that using them would help in any way. Else, we'd just be wasting them, and they're far too useful to throw away just to prove we are who we say we are.

I know that mine match exactly with EP's claimed powers.  So for his, I can 100% without a doubt say yes with the information I have.  Mynd and Ishy have also claimed the exact same powers as EP, so I see no reason to disbelieve them.

I don't care about anyone's claimed powers.  I care about actual, vettable powers.

Didn't one of them use telepathy to attempt a vet?

^ This. And we have obviously found ourselves on the right track in finding the rest of the scum, otherwise they would not be so adamant about attempting to discredit Mynd.

I would not presume to know the motives of those who are twisted by the dark side. They have often turned upon themselves in the past, and a Usurper type dynamic would not be out of the question.

And how do you propose we vet our powers? Shall the four of us waste the next four days utilizing them? It wouldn't make sense to use them unless a situation arose that using them would help in any way. Else, we'd just be wasting them, and they're far too useful to throw away just to prove we are who we say we are.

Fair enough. I am only suggesting caution.

Bullshanks! You were not just suggesting caution, you were completely taking Songstress side, including voting me. Don't back down now that others see the logic you failed to admit.

Bullshanks! You were not just suggesting caution, you were completely taking Songstress side, including voting me. Don't back down now that others see the logic you failed to admit.

You know what I meant, Mynd.

And Kate's wording when she was lynched was that she had the same powers as EP and Mynd claimed.

But there's one mitigating factor you're overlooking. Kate was scum. She threw around every WIFOM in the book before she went out to create this very situation. I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue. If you're willing to case people based on the statements of a proven scum, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I didn't overlook that, darlin', I specifically noted that and took that into account when I was building my case. She threw around a lot of WIFOM, true, but as I said, she made a point about Mynd's WIFOM that he never addressed, and he still hasn't addressed since I brought it up.

The really funny thing to me is, the longer this goes on, the more I wonder if I could be misinterpreting things... perhaps it's the WIFOM making me a bit giddy. I'm not letting go right now, so long as Mynd continues to ignore several of my points.

At very least, even if Basel dies and flips scum, I look like a complete noob, and I die for it tomorrow, this case will have given the town something more to work off of.

Secondly, let's go back to Occam's Razor. You claim that twice I pushed a lynch on Kate to enact some kind of gambit. Essentially, you argue that lynching Kate made me look town in everyone's eyes, including Ishy's, way after I had already been vetted as Jedi, so that we could lose a mafia (one who otherwise was below the radar until I spoke up) on Day 2 in a 22 player game.

Except that you were never vetted as Jedi, Mynd. You waited till EP announced just what Jedi could do in this game, and then you claimed you had the same powers. That proved nothing, and vetted nothing.

ok I'm still behind 2 pages but I'd like to point out that I never revealed my second option until Mynd called me on it in thread telling me to "send a message to another Jedi to make a makeshift mason team" it waas then I realised he had the same abilities and was calling on me to correct him on the specifics of the message ability to vet me as jedi

now back to catching up.

Unofficial Vote Count

Basel - 5 (Ishy, Razen, Darthe, Len, Mynd)

Darthe - 1 (Kae)

Len - 1 (Turin)

Mynd - 3 (Tress, Basel, Wombat)

Not Voting - 7 (Dice, EP, Ron, Key, Nya, Loke, Roo)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday 2nd May at 10pm GMT

Secondly, let's go back to Occam's Razor. You claim that twice I pushed a lynch on Kate to enact some kind of gambit. Essentially, you argue that lynching Kate made me look town in everyone's eyes, including Ishy's, way after I had already been vetted as Jedi, so that we could lose a mafia (one who otherwise was below the radar until I spoke up) on Day 2 in a 22 player game.

Except that you were never vetted as Jedi, Mynd. You waited till EP announced just what Jedi could do in this game, and then you claimed you had the same powers. That proved nothing, and vetted nothing.

ok I'm still behind 2 pages but I'd like to point out that I never revealed my second option until Mynd called me on it in thread telling me to "send a message to another Jedi to make a makeshift mason team" it waas then I realised he had the same abilities and was calling on me to correct him on the specifics of the message ability to vet me as jedi

now back to catching up.

When you're caught up, please let me know... taking everything into account, no matter how misguided my suspicions may be...

Do you trust Mynd?

considering that without telling me he had the ability flat out he proved he knew I had it as the only ability I had revealed at that point was the day ending ability, and so you know between day 2-3 I am now a vanilla however I can't go into specifics as I would face modkill as Ishy does which leads me to believe him as well

My read as of right this minute is basel openly pretending to be smug and confident and then in QT being all I'm screwed I'm screwed someone distract them

What's the current VC at? I think lynching Mynd is a huge mistake....I'm leaning towards Basel more and more the longer this goes on...

Any chance that you'll be joining us in our quest to rid the galaxy of his Sithiness today Ms. Kae?

*rueful laugh*

Well, I know how this will be seen by those who are making assumptions about me (you know who you are), but since EP is willing to trust Mynd and Key may not be around to weigh in...

Unvote, Vote Basel.

I re-read my notes on him a few minutes ago and realized that if I was indeed misinterpreting Mynd's actions, Basel will give more information than anyone else right now.

Archived