DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Hey, I will make this short.
Been reading the series since 1995. Turned my woman on to them in our first year dating in '96. (I didn't "Turn" her, they were right up her ally - just introduced). Read alot of Fantasy before I found WOT - nothing like this though; changed me. With the release of AMOL I've been looking back on the series and found I cannot seperate it from the events of my life for the past 16 yrs. Probably the same for everyone, I imagine. Well, they say the Mayans predicted the end of the world. I think they were just reading The Wheel of Time.

P.S. I had finished 'A Crown of Swords' and was looking around the book store for something to read - while I waited for the next book - and saw Robert Jordan's name across the top of a novel. It said "Brilliant - Robert Jordan". Wow. I'm just looking for a quick read - Robert Jordan suggests this one? Ok. The book was 'A Game of Thrones'.

The Author to whom Tolkien passed the torch led me to the author to whom he would pass the torch.

Wheel of time, eh?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAHarper

Greetings everyone!

I just joined dragonmount because of one burning question, although given my free time and love of the WoT series I will likely find myself exploring the site, and enjoying the community there within. Anyway, finished AMoL two day's after getting it and realized that there was still alot I wanted to hear, in regards to what happened after the final battle. Looked on wikipedia, and it said that although Jordan had planned to write a few more books about after, he had created very few notes pertaining to where he saw it going, and so neither Sanderson, nor any other author would be writing these stories. I wondered if anyone knew of any hope that this might be false, and that Sanderson (or someone else) may be allowed to finish and resolve the lives of the many protagonists (although many may call them secondary characters) that dominated the WoT world and won our hearts?

Guest TheLadyRuffian

Hi, I'm a new member, and honestly have absolutely NO idea what I am doing with this site. All a little confusing... Can someone help me understand it better please?

Big fan of the Wheel Of Time. My all time favourite.

Guest Tristan_Gaidin

Hi there!

I'm new to DM and forums but not to WoT, which I've been reading since EOTW was published during my sophomore year in high school.

Truth be told, I've always avoided forums before.  Years ago, I did a some WoT online roleplaying (at MU* games called Tales of Ta'veren and Cuendillar), but never did more than browse here and Theoryland before and after every new book was released.

I'm joining now, I think, in a desperate attempt to cling to a part of my life that I feel is slipping away.  In a way that many of you will recognize, I feel like I grew up alongside Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene and the rest.  It's hard to imagine that I'll never again eavesdrop on a new Forsaken Coffee Hour, roll my eyes at a sniff or a braid-tug, or breathlessly turn page after page as the action builds to another massive step down the road to Tarmon Gaidon.

I will miss these things terribly, and I figured it was time I reach out to a group of people who feel the same way.  Nice to meet you all... I'm looking forward to reading and discussing.

Tristan Gaidin :cool:

Hello Randland! Been reading the books for 18 years and have just finished the final book. Considering I have been waiting for it for SO long I actually took my time reading it and savoured it for as long as possible. But then it just got so exciting at the end that I couldn't put it down, lol.

It's weird to think how long this has been a part of my life and I couldn't even begin to imagine how many times I have wondered what it would be like to channel over the years. I'm actually glad the series is finished and is something I can go back to and read again and again. It's not like there aren't umpteen twists and sub-plots that MIGHT make a bit more sense now!

My biggest thought at the moment is will the Black Tower have Ajahs, and if so I hope they have a brown one too

because that would be the one for me!

Guest Christian01876

All,

I was just turned onto this series after reading the Game of Thrones. Huge fan. I just finished the Eye of the World and am off now to The Great Hunt. The series is new to me and I'm glad to be a part of it. I have a long way to go in my journey with Rand, Mat and Perrin, but Im looking forward to every minute of it. This looks like a great place to be. The forum is amazing. Great reader stories and input. Makes me want to throw Wheel of Time theme parties in Boston.

Christian

Guest PennyWythes

Hi I'm new here. I've been following the re read, and trying to access the FAQ - found I had to sign in somewhere first- so trying here. Love the re read by the way

Guest fate3841

Hi, Im new to dragonmount actually i only found the wheel of time series 3 months ago and read all 14 books finsihed a memory of light last night.  GREATEST BOOK SERIES EVER WRITTEN. best there will ever be

Hello everyone! I think I discovered this forum a couple of years ago, but never joined. Now that I've finished a hasty re-read and am starting A Memory of Light, I found myself looking for company in appreciating this wonderful series! So sad that its coming to an end but I'm also so happy to read all the threads coming together and an answer to so many questions. Can't wait to jump into the spoiler section!

Guest shaugran

Hi.  I've been reading the series since 1991.  I'm glad it's finally over and am satisfied with ending.  I toyed with the idea about getting involved with a WoT message board about ten years ago, but didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.  One of the things that fascinates me about RJ's work is how he took material from world history, folklore, and other works of literature and incorporated it into his story.  I'm looking forward to reading about the cultural connections to the real world the members of the forum have discovered in the WoT.

Guest Dmitrii

Aye folks!

Well, what can I say about myself..? I'm a big fan of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time", started to read it in 2005.
My first book from cycle which I read was "The Shadow Rising", in our country was been difficult to find first books. But at the moment I have all of them, except the latest three. In Russia, it is still not translated (only fan translations) and published.

I know some fans from Russia, but now I want to speak with foreign fans of WoT cycle here. In my opinion It seems to be interesting. :wink: