DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Good Morning,

I am surprised I have not joined previously, I generally keep an eye on all things WOT related. I have been a fan since I was 14 years old, and have read the series through 4 times and have all the books on audio as well. This series has kept me company for the past 18 years, it has been with me on 6 deployments around the world, and it has constantly given me a place to turn to escape into fantasy. What an amazing series from an amazing author, and I feel so fortunate that someone had stepped forward to finish Mr. Jordan's work. I will truly miss looking forward to the next book, it is a bitter sweet feeling to know that the series is over and I truly wish there was more to come for Rand and the gang. In any case, I look forward to hearing all of you and replying in kind to any posts you make. I am as well awaiting the video game or  tv series/movie, or both.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GraemeBrownWpg

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new here, but not new to the Wheel of Time. Actually I'm just about to finish the last book (which I wish was three books <grin>).

I look forward to joining in on the discussion here.

:)

Hi Grae and Ms! I'm ASG!

Welcome to DM!

I've finished the series ...so I won't say more ...but ... You'll find lots of talk about the books and stuff. I also really like the White Tower and Warders Social Group. More convos, as well as games and interactions. :smile:

Hope to see you around!

Edited by AesSedaiGuy

Hey party people. Just started TFoH. Been loving everything so far but since there is just so much to this series I thought it would be a good idea to sign up so I can ask questions and all that good stuff. Looking forward to being part of the discussion!

I try to post again where it goes. If not, I give up.

Hello. I am new here because the series is over and this is the one of the last few ways I can still live it. If anyone remembers or recognises this name, then you are one of a very small small, very few people who trawled WOT MUDs many years ago. I was and am an Aes Sedai of the White Ajah.

hi!

I've been been a fan for a while now I'm currently reading The Gathering Storm. I may not spend too much time on here till I've finished the series because I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Since I'm coming near-ish to the end of the series I thought I should join a fan website.

Guest Car'a'carn1296

Hello I'm new to the site but I've been a fan for 6 years. I've read all of the books and love to discuss things related to every series that I read but sadly none of my friends read, have read, or even seem interested in The Wheel of Time. I was hoping that joining Dragonmount would bring about good conversation related to the Wheel of Time.

Hello, everyone! We are happy you found us. We are a very large community that loves WoT. There are discussion forums (might want to avoid those if you haven't finished the series) and lots of social groups. You can belong to more than one group. I spend a lot of the in the White Tower and Warders. Please ask any questions you may have. We are happy to help.

Hi you two!

I'm ASG. been reading the books for about 17 years. Joined DM back in December. There is PLENTY going on here. Discussions about the books, other books, TV shows and social groups. Be sure to check them all out.

I'm in the White Tower & Warders Social Group, and it's a great way to meet people as well.

BTW, Car .... I love your Avi. I'm an Orwell fan as well. :smile:

See you around hopefully,

ASG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paj1058

Hi, been a member for a bit, first time posting anything. Ive read the series once , and im listening to the audiobooks for the second time.

Hi Paj!

I love the audiobooks. I've listened to them 3 or 4 times over the years Kate Reading and Michael Kramer do a great job. :smile:

Glad you decided to post. Make sure to come check out the social group forums as well. I'm in the White Towers and Warders Social Group, and it's a great place to interact with others about the books and a whole host of other topics and games.

Hope to see you around. :smile:

Hey guys!  I started reading this awesome series in 1992.  Had to wait a long time between books, but I always snapped them up as soon as the appeared.  Now that the series has been finished ( with the help of Mr. Sanderson ) I decided to re-read the whole thing.  I've loaned some of the books to friends over the years, so had to picked up A Crown of Swords earlier today.  "Dumai's Wells" is such a dramatic ending (close enough) to the last book, I just couldn't wait to plunge into Crown of Swords again.  

Hi Joikram. Welcome to DM. I think I will always do re-reads periodically. I don't think I'll ever get tired of RJ's world. We have book discussion areas, role play and social groups. I spend most of my time in the social groups but I think role play would be fun too. Have you had a chance to look around.? Anything interesting?

Guest trisoldee

Hello Dragonmount,

I was introduced to the series back in '97 and then pulled in about 3 of my other friends.  I've reread the series a couple of times, every time I love it even more.  Looking forward to reading and replying.

trisoldee

Welcome to DM, Trisoldee. Hopefully you will check out the social groups as well. We have forums for role playing too, if that interests you. I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders Group. You can belong to as many groups as you wish. Go explore and if you have any questions, just let us know. We are a helpful bunch.

Edited by Ryrin

Guest stefanrand123

Hello everyone, finally made an account here on DM. Can't wait to start discussing and talking about all kinds of theories x)
I have a question though, and I'm not sure if you can ask that Q here, or should I open a new thread somewhere on the forum. Anyway, does anyone know if RJ's quote: Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain, can be found written in old tongue? Thanks.