DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the prologue about in The Eye of the World? i could understand it a little bit, but not completely.Thanks! :smile:

You'll learn what it means eventually. You mean the part where this guy starts wining about his dead wife? 

(You'll hear a lot more of that in due course).

Or are you talking about the bit about how the wheel turns and the third age and stuff? And how it was "Not -the- beginning but -a- beginning."?

Edited by Sherper

Hullo friends! How are you all on this fine day? I have come in search on those who would accompany me on my journey through Robert Jordan's amazing tale!

I am as far as the Dragon Reborn, so I am careful not to spoil it for myself. I am and was renounced as a Fantasy heretic and blasphemer by my very Tolkienian family and so have come here.

I am Tobias of Manetheren! or ToM, if you should like.

An "old newbie", I was born about a month after Robert Jordan, but discovered WoT only a couple years ago.  After finishing the series, I drifted to other titles, and other genre.  In a short time, however, I realized that I needed to return for another turn around the wheel.  Now I've come to AMoL again...not for the last time, I expect.  For those who have never heard Kate Reading and Michael Kramer give voice to WoT, let me just suggest that you have a Gleeman's Tale of a treat in store.  Among my favorite (supporting cast) characters - Elias (in the wolf dream) and Bella.

Hello and welcome , Two Rivers Archers. I'm an "old newbie" too, having come to the series about 3 years ago. Have you had a chance to look around yet? There is a book discussion forum, role playing area where you can create your own character and the social groups. The social groups each have their own focus and there you can meet other WoT devotees. I enjoyed Elias too.

No Warder as of yet, Two Rivers Archers. I am a mature Aes Sedai and have no wish to bond a "child."

I do have two Sourva (brothers) bonded male Aes Sedai, one Red and one White. They would certainly have been my Warders had they not chosen the path of Aes Sedai.

If one would desire to choose the path of either the Warder or Aes Sedai, it is necessary to begin at the White Tower and Warders.

Welcome to Tobias of Manetheren as well. Should either of you require any direction or assistance at Dragonmount, please do not hesitate to inquire.

May the Light illumine you both.

Ryrin, Green Ajah Sitter

Edited by Ryrin

Welcome, MangRevolution. I take it you finished all of the books? If you want to talk about them, head on over to the discussion forum. If you want to live in the WoT world then the role playing forum is a good place to start. Look over all of the social groups. There, you will meet lots of people who share your interest in the WoT. Want to be a Warder or Aes Sedai? Start at the White Tower and Warders. If you need any help, just ask.

New user here! If anyone could help me figure out the role play method on the forums it would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings Te'Oran!

I'd check out the sticky threads in the Welcome Inn, especially this one:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/75933-role-play-in-the-psw-a-step-by-step-guide/

If you have further questions, the role play group leaders are listed in the FAQ and you can send PMs to clarify more specifics.  Hope this helped!