DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time reader here, first time poster, although I have been blogging my read-through the series in the Blog section of the site. But having almost finished A Memory of Light, I thought I'd start posting here on the forums, as I'd love to discuss the series with fellow fans!

Hello, Hazeel! I'll have to check out your re-read blog. You are likely aware we have a book discussion area but also check out the social groups as you have time and the role play area if you are interested in that. This is a very large site so you just might find more things of interest to you.

Hello and welcome, Suzy.  You may not want to read the AMoL Book discussion since you haven't read the last book.  We have an area for role playing and lots of Social Groups.

Have you explored the site at all?  Have any questions?

Try the White Tower and Warders! I'd love to see you there. This site is huge so if you need help just shout! Take a look at the other groups too. (Usually people in chat have known each other for a while.)

vellccommmmeeeeeeeee... you'll get plenty of that here I'm sure. If you've haven't read AmoL (a memory of light) then I'd recommend you steer clear of the spoiler-tastic discussion board for that specific book. Otherwise, enjoy the general discussions, social groups as well as the Role Playing groups (if you want to try your hands on that).

And man! Change your profile picture, it is absolutely hideous. :P

Guest JustinCBB

Hi i'm new to dragonmount, i've been a fan of the wheel of time since my freshman year in high school and i have loved the series since the first chapter.

Hello, LanFan!!! Welcome to DM. Take a look around. We have a discussion forum, role play and social groups. I am mostly in the White Tower and Warders where you can become an Aes Sedai or Warder. All the social groups have their own focus and you can join as many as you want. :-)

Edited by Ryrin

Hi I am new today.I found you by accident. I am in the middle of the 4th book and just finished the part where Ran experiences the history of the Aiel. I was very hard to follow the small stories and I didn't even realize they were connected to each other until the 4th or 5th short story. Right when it was getting really interesting going back to the time of Luz Theron it ended. Any idea where I can go to find out if Ran's experience gets any clarification? I'm dying to know why Male channelers go mad and women channelers do not? It' been eating at me since the prologue of book one when Luz Theron kills everyone and the dark one is there. Why did he do it? I know I'll find out and I don't want spoilers, but I really want to know if there will be a revisit to the stories Ran experienced. Thanks! 

Hello and welcome, shanetkirk. There are 14 books and one prequel in the Wheel of Time. If you have not read all the books you should be careful in the discussion forums so the books don't get spoiled for you. I would advise you visit the social groups. You can join as many as you like and you can meet people there. :-)

Guest kmclaughlin916

I'm new to Dragonmount, I'm a very long time reader, huge fan. Of all the books I have read in my life, The Wheel of Time books are in the top 3, followed by The Sword Of Truth, and predated by the Dark Elf (Drizzt). I love the Wheel Of Time, I got to meet Mr. Sanderson a few years ago in STL, at a book signing and asked for some advise from a fellow author about writing. I had an idea I wanted to share and figured this would be a good place to start. This is a letter I posted to TOR just a few moments ago. You can find me on facebook Kevin McLaughlin tall, (6'4), Dark brown and Silver Hair, I weight 194 lbs. I wear black glasses. And I have many tattoos and piercings get back to me and let me know what you think of this idea. Hope you all have a great evening and I look forward to hearing back from you.

To Whoever It May Concern;

I had some thoughts, as a reader, I felt we should know more of this world Mr. Jordan wrote of and as a writer I had thought how amazing it would be to write books based in this amazing world he created. To build something similar to TORIL in the forgottan realms. We the readers write books based in his world. Set it up as a tribute to Mr. Jordan for inspiring all of us. Of course we couldn't really write about his characters but if we could write stories based in his world we could mention those characters and from a whole other perspective. Say I chose to write a story based on a farmer that went to the black tower shortly after it started forming and as a Soldier my character grew in that world no he wouldn't be apart of the main story but he would learn of events unfolding in the main story. As a writer myself I felt it would be an amazing tribute to Mr. Jordan's Memory and his vision if his epic world were opened up to authors the world over and we could write stories based in his world. Just an idea I had, I'd be interested in writing something based in his world if anyone else would you can email me. And if I'm infringing upon anyone's rights or misstepping here please feel free to delete this comment and email me (kmclaughlin916@yahoo.com) so I know I'm not allowed to move forward with this idea in my own small way.

wow. so many new people these days. Welcome Kmclaughlin. Welcome to our humbled shacks and make shift villages. Feel free to visit the social groups where there do be many monthly activities, games and discussions. Or hang out in the discussion boards where we discuss all things WOT related.

As for your little idea, all I can say is - good luck! Really do hope you succeed as that is exactly what we do here in the RP section of DM :laugh:.
and it'd be cool to get a little bit more attention for Mr Jordan's world - especially now that the series has ended. But you're always welcome to come join us there if you enjoy creating and reading WOT related material made by fellow creative writers.

Welcome, km. I love your enthusiasm for WoT. However, what I learned here, is that Mr. Jordan did not want anyone else writing in his world (other than B.S.)

Sherper made a great suggestion. Please check out our role play section. RP might be a perfect fit where you can create your own characters in the WoT universe.

You are also welcome to join our social groups and discussion forums. I'm reading the Sword of Truth series too.

Edited by Ryrin

Hello all! I'm a fairly new fan. Only started reading epic fantasy a couple of years ago. Read WoT for the first time about a year ago after enjoying the Mistborn trilogy and I'm on my third lap through the series already. I'm incredibly excited to find this community. I've been looking through some threads and the only thing I can say is that it feels like I've stumbled across my people and you've all found "the song." Thanks to the mods and everyone who keeps this place running!

Welcome, Goldeneyes :smile:

Another re-reader, but that's normal, considering how great the world of WoT is. I love Mistborn as well and I have to say Brendon is a great writer too.

You can explore everywhere: Dragonmount (DM) is generaly separated in two: the Social Groups, where we have the Towers, Shayol Ghul, The Wolfkin, etc. and RP (role play) is generally not allowed (or at least is minimal). In the social groups you are yourself. The RP section is where you create a character and upon approval, you RP with him/her/it. I suggest that you go exploring, read the rules and requirements of the different societies and have fun! You couldsign in in more than one social groups (for example,I am part of the White and the Black Tower). You could always ask questions, people here are very friendly and helpful :smile:

Great to see you Goldeneyes! 

Theodora said it pretty well! There are lots of different groups to check out - everyone has something different to offer. Check out the Band of the Red Hand, The White Tower and Warders, and the Ogier groups. If you write or do any type of art or anything, The Tinker's are a great group too. Those are all the groups I am part of - although I am sure the others are great too!  :wink:

Hope to see you around!

Hello and welcome, shanetkirk. There are 14 books and one prequel in the Wheel of Time. If you have not read all the books you should be careful in the discussion forums so the books don't get spoiled for you. I would advise you visit the social groups. You can join as many as you like and you can meet people there. :-)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And I appreciate the advice. I'm at book 4. Should I wait and read the prequil at the end of my books, or do you think it would add value to stop and go back to the prequil now? thanks!

I read the prequel after the first 3 books and thought it was a perfect time to read it. I hope to see you in the White Tower and Warders since that is where I am. :-) You have to join before you can see all of the boards. You may enjoy other groups as well.

Edited by Ryrin