DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to DM, Stefanrand123 and Merodin!!! I'm don't know bout that quote in the old tongue but I'm sure someone here would know. I think you will find the discussion forum really interesting with a lot of give and take and expansion on theories. If you haven't finished the books, I'd advise caution because of spoilers. There are multiple WoT roads to travel here. We have the discussion threads, role playing and social groups. I'm in the White Tower and Warders most of the time and there are other groups that may catch your interest as well. Need anything, just ask. :-)

Edited by Ryrin

Hello, jpxavier2. Welcome to DM. Since you are on the 6th book, I'd suggest you may want to avoid both the role playing section and the book discussion forum so as not to get the series spoiled for you. We have multiple social groups and you can join as many as you wish. This is a large site so if you have questions, ask away.

Thank you. I do have some discussion points I would like to research or inject.

Elaevia - My set of 2-yr old twins and work schedule won't allow me the time to actually do the reading, but my commute to work can be lengthy and so I listen to the stories instead. 6 books after approximately 7 months (Not too bad). Plus you don't have to imagine the voice its there for you, and well read I must add.

Hi all!

I LOVE audiobooks, and have listened to them multiple times.

For Old Tongue expert, you need to track down Andrew Gelos of DM Podcast fame ...he is virtually fluent. I'll go through some old ones, I'm sure that quote has made an appearance somewhere.

Please make sure to check out the forums and book discussions, as well as the social groups. I am in the White Tower/Warders and it is a great place to meet and chat about the books, real life, anything you want really, as well as play games and interact. :smile:

So are we, Victoria (excited to have you finally end your stalking and join!) Lol. Welcome. There are lots of friendly people here. We have a book discussion forum, role play section and multiple social groups. If you would like to become an Aes Sedai (or Warder) you would head over to the White Tower. You are not limited to one group... You can join as many as you wish. Explore a bit and you will discover what they are all about. If you need any help, just ask.

Hello and welcome, Claw Assassin. We have a wonderful book discussion area but take a look around the whole site. The social groups are great (you can join more than one) and there is a role playing section too. If you have any questions or need help, just ask.

Hello, my name is Emily and I started reading The Books about 8 years ago, the first few quite a few times over, some of the middle ones only once, and the last few twice each....safe to say I have been considerably less productive with my real life as a consequence, but I love all the characters much like I love my real friends, it is the most amazing story, and will stay with me forever. Also I expect I'll churn through the lot a few more times during my life, they are worth endlessly repeating, much like food, or walks in the country.

I am excited to have found this website, as although I know a couple of people who've read to the end, most of my mates are partway through or still being subjected to my efforts to make them begin reading them, and I want to talk a few things through with people who know the whole tale. Hurrah for internet geekdom! Love the fact that this exists. Thank you whoever made this page x

Hello and well met. My name is Tom Maringer, and I'm a maker. I have not read the WoT series yet, much to my loss apparently. I promise to begin righting that imbalance soon. I cut my teeth on Burroughs, Wells, Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, and Doc Smith, slid through Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft, then flipped over to Tolkien in the '60s and then flopped again in the direction of George R.R. Martin in the '90s. I have spent most of my life in the workshop making things. I was a sword maker for many years and always wondered why people were so interested in a "heron marked" blade. In recent years I have turned to the less-lethal art of making fantasy coins. If you're into Game of Thrones at all you may have seen some of the licensed coinage I do for that world. It was those coins that brought me to the attention of the good folks over at Bandersnatch. I've just released the first of (hopefully) many new coin types. I don't want to spam your forum with a bunch of links, but if you're interested you will be able to find them. The first coin for the series is a Manetheren Golden Crown of Elliande, a fantasy piece meant to represent the coins of the hoard found by the mayor of Fyall (wikis are great) in book 3. They're at Ta'veren Tees, as well as the Shire Post online store, eBay, and Amazon.com.   Next up will be a Tar Valon Mark. That is a more important coin as far as the story is concerned, and I wanted to get my feet wet with an initial project before tackling it. We have three or four more coins that are mentioned in the text on a short list of things to make for the future, but always seeking more suggestions. There would exist many other coins that are never specifically mentioned, in order to form a useful monetary coinage.

I am intrigued by the whole concept of creating small everyday objects (like coins) from fantasy worlds. Large unique objects, like swords or amulets, are fine as props... but in reality there would be only one of each of those, and so it breaks the immersive fantasy spell for there to be many examples of the same thing in existence. But coins are different... there are SUPPOSED to be many of them around... many people can have the same coin and it actively supports the tactile immersivity of each piece.  At least, that is how I see it, and that is the goal that has driven my efforts. The greatest compliment I ever received was from a young man who had purchased some coins from me by mail order, and after receiving them he said: "I had always thought that those stories were just made up.... but these coins are REAL!" He experienced a real SOD moment... a Suspension Of Disbelief! How I envy him that... to actually FEEL the fantasy world take shape around you! 

Hello Raggamuffin Swagger and Tom! Welcome to DM. Our thanks for this site goes to Jason, the owner, and all the people who help to make it run.

I think I too will re-read this series throughout my life. It's one of a kind.

We have a book discussion forum and a role playing forum. My favorites are the social groups, especially the White Tower and Warders where you can become an Aes Sedai or a Warder. Lots if things to do there too. Each social group had its own focus and you can check them out by visiting. You can join as many as you wish.

What are your particular interests in the WoT? Favorite characters?

This is a large place and if you need any direction, please ask.

Edited by Ryrin

Elleinad05, welcome to DM. I'm Ryrin, a Sitter for the Green Ajah. Have you explored the site? We have discussion forums, role playing and many social groups. I spend the majority of my time in the White Tower and Warders which is where you can become an Aes Sedai or a Warder. You can belong to as many social groups as you wish and will find many friendly people there. If you need any help, just let us know. We are happy to have you.

Edited by Ryrin

Welcome, danders! You may have seen me or others warn people about the book discussion forums if you haven't finished the series. I found WoT about three years ago. Some here discovered it at the very beginning and we are getting those who just found it as well.

We have multiple social groups and a role playing area. I would caution you about role playing at the present moment as there may be book spoilers there. If you would like to become a Warder or Aes Sedai ( yes you can choose either) the White Tower and Warders group is where you would start. There is no limit on the number of groups you can join so be sure to check them all out.

Who is your favorite character so far?

Edited by Ryrin

Thanks! Yes, I am very careful when on dragonmount or tarvalon in regards to spoilers. I check out the WOT reread on Tor's site, but i am very careful not to read the comment section. I am truly embroiled in this series! So far, I am really digging Perrin and Mat, they are growing tremendously as characters. I am having a hard time with this Slayer dude, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out who the hell he is. I plan on participating around here, so thanks again for the spoiler warnings.

Hello, Dragon!  With Dragonmount, there will be no ending to the turning of the wheel.  Welcome.  DM has much to offer.  We have a discussion forum, a role playing area and multiple social groups.  Each social group has their own focus and activities.  Should you desire to become a Warder or an Aes Sedai, the White Tower and Warders would be the place to start.  There are no limits on group membership, whichever one takes your fancy, you can join.  Please take a look around and if you need questions answered, please ask.

Guest Arrietta

Hello

I have just found this website.

I have read the series twice since I had to start over when I knew the final book would be coming out.

Glad the world did not end . LOL

Would love to see this book in a movie or a tv show.

Hello

I have just found this website.

I have read the series twice since I had to start over when I knew the final book would be coming out.

Glad the world did not end . LOL

Would love to see this book in a movie or a tv show.

Hermigurd. Darn it.

Should not have denied me that sweet possibility that Rand gets his ass handed to him. Spoilers are no fun at all!

Either way, Welcome to DM :tongue:

Just be aware to not post any major spoilers. 'some' of us haven't exactly caught up with the events just yet.